• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Well, I'd imagine that those who have been waiting on commissions for a time might like to know if the person they commissioned has been on recently or not.
Or just to see if someone's not dead.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I'm not sure if it has been suggested before, but it be nice to have like some sort of 'Verified' seller for commissions.
Like maybe a circle around a profile picture that shows they're verified. Or some kind of Star under their name?

Included with this, I think it could be really cool to have like a list of Verified sellers, and what they sell, with links to DM them or see their profile.

Personally I think this would help sellers not have to advertise so often, or bump their forum posts. As well as giving something useful for people who sell written works instead of art. As this site seems to be built nearly only around art sellers, neither are inherently better than the other, but it does provide a few difficulties.

If this can't be done or would be too time consuming, would it be possible to have a forum for writing sellers, or some sort of sticker on posts for what they are selling? Maybe like a pencil or quill for writers, and fanfiction
Then like a paintbrush or a chibi for artists.
There's already an independent "trustworthy sellers" group. From what I've seen, it has pretty good standards. I'm not sure what the website management could add to this, but it probably wouldn't have much to do when it comes to standards.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Having a verified system would likely just increase staff workload since they would have to record every verified users government i.d. Not many people want to do that and then if they do, that means accepting responsibility for anyone that decided to do shady business. Not something a hobby website that is run by volunteers should worry about imo.

Most people looking for escapism likely wouldn't be willing to do it.

Having a verified system would likely just increase staff workload since they would have to record every verified users government i.d. Not many people want to do that and then if they do, that means accepting responsibility for anyone that decided to do shady business. Not something a hobby website that is run by volunteers should worry about imo.

Most people looking for escapism likely wouldn't be willing to do it.
Ugh, a verified system requiring ID would be an absolutely disgusting thing to do.
Most people DO NOT want to be associated with their FA account be it due to certain kinks, etc - Let alone the sheer privacy concerns (IDs getting leaked, etc)

I was thinking and perhaps having a 'Streaming' section as an alternative to journals would be a pretty good idea.
Stops the stream spam for people not interested and perhaps it could be able to get turned off.
I don't want to see constant daily adverts for art streams, it's quite annoying to get spammed with a bunch when I'm looking at submissions or journals.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Ugh, a verified system requiring ID would be an absolutely disgusting thing to do.
Most people DO NOT want to be associated with their FA account be it due to certain kinks, etc - Let alone the sheer privacy concerns (IDs getting leaked, etc)
That would create a market for fake IDs!

ferretsage

Yes. But isn't it sad that furries have to be that way? Always afraid, always hiding -- afraid of being cancelled? Can't do anything; can't even face itself.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Yes. But isn't it sad that furries have to be that way? Always afraid, always hiding -- afraid of being cancelled? Can't do anything; can't even face itself.
Having privacy is not the same thing as living into hiding.

This being said, FA is probably the last website I would trust with my ID

ferretsage

Doesn't change the fact that it's necessary and will be undoubtedly for an extremely long time.
I don't dispute that. I thought I never implied that I did, otherwise.
Having privacy is not the same thing as living into hiding.

This being said, FA is probably the last website I would trust with my ID
Correct, privacy is not secrecy, but furries would live quite differently if they had their own town and set their own rules, wouldn't they? And furries are sharply mean and defensive towards people who point this fact out -- even those with the best intentions. So, repression is a type of living in secrecy.

I wouldn't trust FA with my ID either, nor would I recommend such misplaced trust.

Last edited: