• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

@@@ OFFICIAL SUGGESTION THREAD @@@

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Search would be a lot better if we can omit kinks that disgust us (like cubs, diapers, etc)

Sexual content featuring minors is already prohibited; if you find this content report it immediately and it (and the people posting it) will be removed.

quoting_mungo

Search would be a lot better if we can omit kinks that disgust us (like cubs, diapers, etc)
You can tailor your search to omit anything you want. If you type in “dog !diaper” (without the quotes), you’ll get a bunch of pictures of dogs without any diapers. (With exception for submissions that don’t have the word “diaper” in any of the fields searched; Search isn’t smart enough to interpret the images themselves. ;))

Stygian Ikazuchi

Blocked users' posts should not appear anywhere on the site for the person that blocked them. Case in point, trolls that post real life gore and shock images. Just saw one (that I'm going to also file a trouble ticket against to report them) and blocking the user still had their image show up on the front page.

Flamingo

Staff Member
I know that is a thing that is being worked on. There's a lot of desirable enhancements to the block feature in the queue.

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
Hmm. Add a thinking emote reaction?

furlin

2 suggestions. 1 letting artist sell art through FA's new merch store ( like set up a P.O.D. servise) And 2. Having a commission filter. Basically helping clients find artist that they can afford, and find artists who will paint the content they want. ( Ex: if I want a commison of giant wolf girl. i can set my price, and set the filters for what I'm looking for.) And bact to number 1. Having a P.O.D. service, like redbubble or printable , can offer both the site ,and the artist, a source of income. The site can take a small percentage, and the artists can set their own prices. With such a service, the artists don't have to rely solely on donations or commisons, and the site won't be so reliant on advertising.

2 suggestions. 1 letting artist sell art through FA's new merch store ( like set up a P.O.D. servise) And 2. Having a commission filter. Basically helping clients find artist that they can afford, and find artists who will paint the content they want. ( Ex: if I want a commison of giant wolf girl. i can set my price, and set the filters for what I'm looking for.) And bact to number 1. Having a P.O.D. service, like redbubble or printable , can offer both the site ,and the artist, a source of income. The site can take a small percentage, and the artists can set their own prices. With such a service, the artists don't have to rely solely on donations or commisons, and the site won't be so reliant on advertising.
Furaffinity taking a cut on top of Paypal cuts would honestly just harm people on the site as a whole, more than that 'shop service' that you're suggesting.

It'd almost certainly force some people to raise their prices when they don't want to, or lower them in order to keep a living going.

Also, legally, it's far more likely to have the site attacked by Nintendo for example, as it'd be far easier for them to target one large Furry entity as opposed to the thousands of different artists/writers atm.

The Merch store is a potentially good idea, would be quite complicated though. Copyright stuff would likely factor in, too.

quoting_mungo

Furaffinity taking a cut on top of Paypal cuts would honestly just harm people on the site as a whole, more than that 'shop service' that you're suggesting.

It'd almost certainly force some people to raise their prices when they don't want to, or lower them in order to keep a living going.
In fairness, it would have to be a pretty substantial cut in order to be worse than Etsy, especially after their recent fee increase. As long as using it is not mandatory I don't see an inherent problem.

That said, a feature like that shouldn't be rolled in with FA's merch store, but be its own thing, if it were a feasible thing to build. (Which it isn't unless FA gets one hell of a windfall - developing marketplace services would require a lot of coding time.)

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
A friend and I are a little unsure - what a P.O.D. means.... can you define? Anyways, your premise sounds like a good idea.... but - when you say this:
The site can take a small percentage
there's a lot of people out there that won't be cool with that, honestly..... especially when you have commission solicitation postings and "reminders" up on the main site, all the time..... and so, there's people out there that'll say they can just advertise for free (by making new postings), instead of paying a listing fee or even worse - a final value fee (like ebay does).

If the site decides to do it though - then perhaps a "sliding fee scale" system would be better (I'm thinking)..... where the fees will vary depending on the asking price and the level of business someone does.

That way there - smaller sellers will have a more even playing field to sell their wares maybe..... (food for thought at least).

furlin

A friend and I are a little unsure - what a P.O.D. means.... can you define? Anyways, your premise sounds like a good idea.... but - when you say this:

there's a lot of people out there that won't be cool with that, honestly..... especially when you have commission solicitation postings and "reminders" up on the main site, all the time..... and so, there's people out there that'll say they can just advertise for free (by making new postings), instead of paying a listing fee or even worse - a final value fee (like ebay does).

If the site decides to do it though - then perhaps a "sliding fee scale" system would be better (I'm thinking)..... where the fees will vary depending on the asking price and the level of business someone does.

That way there - smaller sellers will have a more even playing field to sell their wares maybe..... (food for thought at least).
P.O.D means Print On Demand. Basically, something is only made when it's ordered. It saves money on both sides since you're not spending money on things you HOPE would sell and is environmentally friendly since there is less waste. I properly should have worded some things better. While an artist would get full commission price. I meant a small percentage of the merchandise profits. Like if someone ordered a notebook with your work on it, the seller and you would share the profits. The artist would get 100% of the profit from a commission. ( Some copyright issues could be handled easily too. Some P.O.D. sites already have royalty programs with major media brands and franchises. )

a flexible fee would be good too.

furlin

Also, legally, it's far more likely to have the site attacked by Nintendo for example, as it'd be far easier for them to target one large Furry entity as opposed to the thousands of different artists/writers atm.

The Merch store is a potentially good idea, would be quite complicated though. Copyright stuff would likely factor in, too.
copyright wouldn't necessarily be a problem. There are already P.O.D( print on demand) sites that have royalty programs that help such stuff. Here's an example

https://www.redbubble.com/partner-program

If FA can find a way to help with licensing and royalty transfers, it should make things easier.

And I actually wasn't talking about Paypal, my bad. I was talking about getting profits from merch directly. setting up a fixable fee could help with that.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
P.O.D means Print On Demand. Basically, something is only made when it's ordered. It saves money on both sides since you're not spending money on things you HOPE would sell and is environmentally friendly since there is less waste.
Oh.... well now my friend and I know.... thanks for clarifying.
----------------------------
In any case, if any sort of artistic items (that others create) is made available on the main site someday, (like on etsy and redbubble currently)..... let's hope the feedback given here (and in other places like this) is heard by those that are doing the decision making.

True, the merch store couldn't be used for selling e.g. Pokémon fan art because it would make the site easy target for C&D letters.

Cyberdragon

Blocked users' posts should not appear anywhere on the site for the person that blocked them. Case in point, trolls that post real life gore and shock images. Just saw one (that I'm going to also file a trouble ticket against to report them) and blocking the user still had their image show up on the front page.
There should also be an option to report a user when you block them so we can clean up trolls faster.

EDIT: There definately should be, cause reporting a troll gets a canned reponse to just block them. -_-

Last edited:

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
I know that is a thing that is being worked on. There's a lot of desirable enhancements to the block feature in the queue.
@Stygian Ikazuchi @Flamingo I thought about something recently, and I'll add this to that: in that, if the block feature is indeed "buggy" on here (on the Forum) as well, as some claim it is.... (and, there's been at least three, four people that have said this to me over the past year).... then hopefully - the block feature on here is a part of the work being done also. ☺

Because it's my understanding - that the rules on this Forum state that we're not supposed to "contact people" or "interact with" those (that we've place onto our block lists, or - when they've blocked us) but.... sometimes it's not the other user's intention or fault, to interact with them (and disregard said rules) - if the system allows us to fully see their content; and in turn - confuses us in the belief that we aren't blocked - when in fact (according to that other user) - we are.

And due to these errors..... the other user in turn (who inadvertantly responded) - could then face disciplinary actions with their accounts..... which in my view, wouldn't be entirely fair onto them - given that the other user insists for us to: "honor the block" or.... "please stop responding to me" - when we're simply unaware that we're blocked by them in the first place.
-----------------------------------------
[EDIT]: ► On my end though, I don't see it frankly, (as some are claiming on here)..... as - *all* of the other users that I place onto my block list (on my end) are invisible to me...... and so, it either tells me that the system on here fails only certain users at certain times.... or those other users who are saying this - simply don't know how to use the block feature.

In either case.... it'd probably be a good idea - for at least the Admins and Staff to know - (as to whether the system is indeed as buggy as some claim it is) and if needed, fix it..... which would be beneficial for us all.

Last edited: