• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Oh, Bethesda: your favorite or most memorable glitches.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
So recently I had an encounter with something strange in Skyrim. It could not die by my hand... because it was already dead. I'm not sure what happened, but I was walking along and I spot a dragon, start shooting at it, then once it gets close it starts disintegrating and says that I have absorbed a dragon soul. I try shooting it and it takes no damage, it has no damage reading... So I run as fast as I can to the next quest checkpoint, thinking that it will go away, I was wrong, so it starts attacking me along with stormcloaks.

Eventually, the NPC's kill it, but I almost died like 5 times from it, it was by far the scariest thing that I have encountered in Skyrim... Here are some pictures that I took with my Kodak Mini:

The picture doesn't seem to be there, but if you copy the url and paste it in it should work.

Back on track: what are your most favorite or memorable glitches in games?

veeno

See ya latter ****ers.

DarthLeopard

Has lost his Soul
Any game where if you run into a wall enough times you can go right through it.

Percy

o-o
all of fallout 3
All of Fallout New Vegas

Though I did have a liking towards the glitch where you're launched like 100 feet into the air by a giant in Skyrim... if that's even a glitch.

Schwimmwagen

Not a glitch, but I remember when I found the Martian's corpse with the crashed UFO. I tried to drag it aaaalll the way to my home in Megaton, but when I got to the gates, it turned out I had to leave the corpse outside.

I was disappointed that day.

O

Outcast

Oblivion's paint-brush glitch... I mean, what the fuck? I threw away all of my brushes, then I closed the inventory, only to see them floating in a pile right in front of me.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
Fallout: New Vegas.

Boone's head disappeared, and it somehow glitched between the ground. Just another normal day.

1. All of Fallout 3 for me as well

2. Had a dragon fly backwards in circles into space and disappear in Skyrim

3. Killed a bear with a shout and it started walking backwards when it was dead in Skyrim

That's of what I remember at least.

Roon Sazi

It's possible to use them as steps

I used them to hop over the wall into the mages guild and pick all of the really expensive alchemy ingredients.
*insert emote of the evil mastermind plotting triangle fingers of doom thing here*

Last edited:

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
I like doing the Razor quest in Skyrim and following the dude outside his house after you give him all the pieces. If you time it just right you can watch him fly off into the sky like a rocket. XD One can help but wonder if this is what the denizens of Skyrim see every time the dragonborne fast travels.

Sadly I couldn't find a better vid than the one below.

[yt]mLUODPtYNXI[/yt]

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I never run into good glitches but

[video=youtube;7x9Qw1KSyIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x9Qw1KSyIs[/video]

This is relevant

O

Outcast

It's possible to use them as steps

Yep, that's how I went up to the top of the White Gold Tower. Still, I don't think the Imperial guards liked those gravity-confused brushes littering their city's skies.

@Willow- This reminds me of my time in Tenpenny Tower (Fallout 3) when I set off all the mines in my inventory by a mini-nuke. My fellow companion Charon was sent soaring into the sky and above, his already-dead corpse danced and glitched everywhere until it hit the point-of-no-return... how spectacular.

cotokun89

the best gitch huuummmm...
may be in the "megaman X8" game i found 1 glitch
in internet no found,
in the A. yeti stage (bikers) in the part of the path is separated i chose the cave (the secret path)
and for 1 glitch (i think is a glitch) i give 999.999.999 metals XD
so much money to end the game
i save the game in the memory card XD

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
I haven't played many of their games enough to find any glitches, but I have seen my brother get some. I think the most memorable was in Red Dead Redemption, when a horse and its cart were just floating up in the sky. I think the cart kept dropping to the ground and reverting back to the sky again, but the horse just stood there in the air. It was pretty weird.

I think the funniest one I've seen from a video (not in person) is the Bird People Glitch from the same game.
[video=youtube;kYdCvN-ukRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY[/video]

It's weird that they retain the animation from the crows, but that makes it all the more hilarious.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
I haven't played many of their games enough to find any glitches, but I have seen my brother get some. I think the most memorable was in Red Dead Redemption, when a horse and its cart were just floating up in the sky. I think the cart kept dropping to the ground and reverting back to the sky again, but the horse just stood there in the air. It was pretty weird.

I think the funniest one I've seen from a video (not in person) is the Bird People Glitch from the same game.
(video goes here)

It's weird that they retain the animation from the crows, but that makes it all the more hilarious.

It's a weird ass glitch but RDR isn't by Bethesda, it's by Rockstar and you can always expect shit like that from Rockstar.

I think the lack of infinite quests is mine.

[video=youtube;ZvJtSx0_VlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJtSx0_VlQ[/video]

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
It's a weird ass glitch but RDR isn't by Bethesda, it's by Rockstar and you can always expect shit like that from Rockstar.
It doesn't have to be from Bethesda, I just chose to say "Oh Bethesda" because they are known for their glitches an mine in particular was from one of their games.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I love glitches in games with really good atmosphere^^ They tried so hard to immerse you in the game but then a glitch like pulls you back into reality :3
This is especially awesome in Bethesda games! The glitches in Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim are simply amazing!

My own personal favorite still is the most awkward conversation in Mass Effect 3:
[video=youtube;ZUm44vuHFEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUm44vuHFEM[/video]
It's ok guys, you don't have to look at each other if you don't feel like it ;D

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Though I did have a liking towards the glitch where you're launched like 100 feet into the air by a giant in Skyrim... if that's even a glitch.

It is. They kept it in specifically because it was funny.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
The maid in Jorrvaskr was an ancestor of Nightcrawler of the X-Men. While I was...er...freeing the place of the tyranny of coin purses, she teleported into the room I was in. She then told me something about not underestimating her because she was old or something.

Another funny glitch was seeing a dragon priest shoot off, eh, two chain lightnings, then retreat and get stuck in a gate, where me and my dremora friend proceeded to hack it to death. The gate lifted and the (double?) corpse was lifted off the ground. Glitches are fun! :D

Oh, and dragon skeletons showing up out of nowhere, seemingly having fallen out of the sky. Damn...was the battle in Sovngarde really that epic?

Last edited: