• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Oh, Bethesda: your favorite or most memorable glitches.

Ramses

Sometimes when I play Skyrim, a horse will fall out of the sky.

Out of nowhere - no rider, no cart, just - boom - horse meteor.

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
I was inside a keep in Skyrim once. I could hear a constant and quickly repeated thudding/thumping sound throughout my entire time in the keep.
Upon turning around to do some looting, I saw a dead body flying around rapidly inside a metal cage, causing all the noise.
I opened the cage, only to have the body fly out and get stuck inside a wall, still spazzing out in a way where it looked like it was humping the bricks at an extreme pace.

I was inside a keep in Skyrim once. I could hear a constant and quickly repeated thudding/thumping sound throughout my entire time in the keep.
Upon turning around to do some looting, I saw a dead body flying around rapidly inside a metal cage, causing all the noise.
I opened the cage, only to have the body fly out and get stuck inside a wall, still spazzing out in a way where it looked like it was humping the bricks at an extreme pace.

I've had this sort of thing happen in both Skyrim and New Vegas before. I've also have had freshly killed creatures fly off into space Skyrim.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
In Oblivion I found a character who is talking their line and says "Wait, let me try that one again" and redoes the line in a slightly different way.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I had a dragon in a bar once that got stuck underneath the bar and created quite the mess. That was some funny shit.

I also had the "walking backward dead guy" glitch. I "liberated" some goods from a haughty noble and killed his bodyguard. His guard was walking backwards after I killed him.

Shouden

When in doubt: C4
My favorite is still when the dark elf lady in Whiterun morphed out of a guard after the first dragon kill. Or one of the Champions pushing a horse down a path without breaking sweat. Aela walking in place on a chair is a classic. It doesn't always have to be on a chair, though, just whenever I return home, she's either sitting down or walking in place...usually on a chair.

Glitches can kinda be fun now. They add a little more character to the game.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Jeez, I guess there aren't any health inspectors in Skyrim.

They are too busy fining people for loitering.

Seriously, I got a 1 gold fine for loitering in the game before it patched, as well as littering.
I'd drop a sword or a piece of junk from my inventory and a guard would come up and tell me I did a bad thing.

I've also ran into issues with dropped items like bottles and pots that would kill anyone who walked onto them.

Last edited:

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
I was walking around somewhere and suddenly a horse+rider just fhover through my view about 20 feet off the ground at a reasonable pace.

I shot them with lightning and they fell to their deaths.

They are too busy fining people for loitering.

Seriously, I got a 1 gold fine for loitering in the game before it patched, as well as littering.
I'd drop a sword or a piece of junk from my inventory and a guard would come up and tell me I did a bad thing.

I've also ran into issues with dropped items like bottles and pots that would kill anyone who walked onto them.

Wait, they actually used to give fines for loitering?

In Skyrim I've been launched clean across a room after stepping on random bones on the floor.

Last edited:

Golden

My favourite is in Fallout 3. NPCs can sometimes get stuck into walls and their coordinates have to get reset. Unfortunately, the game fucks this up and they are teleported under the map. I think the game is resetting their coordinates at (0,0,0). They are very difficult to recover.