• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

OH MY GOOONESS!

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Just found this tonight and it is so freaking awesome!

(SFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-54OftZlE

Why did we not have THESE kinds of toys when we were kids, I'm sure almost nobody on this site got to play with this stuff.

What was your favorite toy/type of toy when you were little (if you can even remember).

Mine was anything starwars.

Last edited:

Rasly

Banned
Banned
What does it has to do with science?

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
You didn't answer the question >.>
and they are made of polymers and created by chemists/scientists/whatever, that is what it has to do with science (if you are asking about the thread, it doesn't, really), but that is a toy that parents get for their kids, which brought me to my question.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
my imagination was my favorite toy. because it was all we could afford.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I like this title. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoEzAQljXNU

I remember my brother and I used to use the books from my grandparents hallway bookshelf as toys. They had adventures.

However my FAVORITE toy as a kid was a toy alien from the first Toy Story. In fact, I had a whole army of them. Alien was an evil business tycoon and his sister Babyface was a beauty queen (even though it looked like this: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4154773556_870c08e03e.jpg ) We made Rex the standard dopey childish one and slinkydog was sorta whatever we needed for the day. They lived in a giant racetrack garage.

They re-released some of those toys when the 3rd one came out. I must admit I got a tad misty remembering the old days.

Rasly

Banned
Banned
Ah youre right, my answer is Plasticine.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Ah what that stuff looks gross.

I was a Legos man. I would create these characters and ships and have huge closet-spanning battles. Typical "Pew pew --boom" stuff.

Kimono_skunk

Black and white in grey world
Oh I whole heartedly agree... My imagination, with my anime comics was what kept me sane thru all my childhood years. My brother got everything he wanted, and all I got as gifts was a 'mebee next year you might get something.'

Kimmyskunk

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
Ah what that stuff looks gross.

I was a Legos man. I would create these characters and ships and have huge closet-spanning battles. Typical "Pew pew --boom" stuff.

I loved legos, that and old floppy discs. Those things were fun to play with.

Tango

*drinking your brain juices*
My favorite toy growing up was a 410 shotgun. I loved that little gun.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Legos no doubt. Technical legos too.

Sam 007 NL

Taste the fur
Toy cars.

Good times *sniff*

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Lego technic bionicle master race.

Well i started with lego and moved to that very early. I still have them saved up in the attic, hoping to give them to my kids if i have them some day.

Namba

Well, until about the age of five it was a stuffed bear until the fucker started giving me nightmares. After that, I got acquainted with the PS1, and to this day it still brings me happiness.

Cross

Damn, I just want to fill a bathtub with this Gravity Goo-stuff and consume as much as possible before passing out and drowning in it.

My favorite toys as a kid were toy cars and my bike.

Id imagine that is what a jar full of snot would look like.

On a less disgusting note, I was a lego man, still have most of my sets stored away some where. The only other toys that I really remember were a few Best Wars toys and a gray stuffed monkey.

Percy

o-o
My favorite toy as a kid would have to be the Game Boy Color. I liked technology even as a kid.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Assorted soldiers and dinosaurs.
I had these small soldiers. I thought they looked bland so I painted them...they turned out worse. In the end I got brown jacketed germans with terrible accuracy of paintwork
O'well, it was fun painting them :V

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
I remember we made a goo in High School chemistry from Borax and Polyvinyl alcohol as a little end-of-the-year fun for our polymers unit. We made ours much more solid, but still very malleable and slimy. We also added whatever food colour we wanted to.
In fact I actually still have it sitting around somewhere. I'd take a picture if I had a camera.

For toys, my sister and I liked collecting pokemon plush toys and figurines (as well as the cards) and playing games with those.
I also remember having a hot wheels collection. I liked to have 'tournaments' where I would crash them together and whichever one flipped over lost.
Any time one I didn't want to win stayed right side up, I would replay until it lost. (And to think, I like to say I'm a critical thinker now...)

I also did a fair bit of imagination games with my friends (real friends, for clarification... I think)