• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Oh uhh... Hi.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Welcome!
I'm sorry to hear that about your friends (though, they don't sound like very nice friends). It's a nice, safe space and everyone is pretty friendly here! Stop by the game section for some funny icebreakers and a good way to get to know people.

If you want to talk or have any questions, please feel free to message me. I know how harsh people can be and how their venomous words can really eat at one. So I'm here if you need an ear.
Welcome again, and I hope you have a lot of fun here with us!

AsherWolf21

I'm so sorry to hear that something like that happened to you. We're a lot nicer on here and will welcome a fellow furry like you with open arms.

Welcome to the forums! =)
Welcome!
I'm sorry to hear that about your friends (though, they don't sound like very nice friends). It's a nice, safe space and everyone is pretty friendly here! Stop by the game section for some funny icebreakers and a good way to get to know people.

If you want to talk or have any questions, please feel free to message me. I know how harsh people can be and how their venomous words can really eat at one. So I'm here if you need an ear.
Welcome again, and I hope you have a lot of fun here with us!
Thanks for being nice! Reading this actually made me really happy. A couple of my friends apologized and are supportive of me now but one of them is still kind of giving me shit for it. So I guess I'll go check out those icebreakers now, thanks.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
Thanks for being nice! Reading this actually made me really happy. A couple of my friends apologized and are supportive of me now but one of them is still kind of giving me shit for it. So I guess I'll go check out those icebreakers now, thanks.
Usually people poke fun of things they don't understand or, in many cases, secretly have an interest in it themselves. The friend who is picking on you may have some real interest. Or they may just be an ass. (Or, quite possibly both!)

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
Welcome to the forum, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Path Light

Hi and welcome AsherWolf21!

D

Deleted member 93706

All my IRL friends know that I was / still kind of am a furry. I've never lost a friend over it, despite many of them being rather conservative Christians. We all joke about it (sometimes, in very dark ways). It's normal to experience such things in strong friendships. Playing to the stereotype can be a great deal of fun - and dropping a tongue-in-cheek comment like "Dude, your dog is hot!" at the right place and time can send a group into absolutely hysterical laughter.

Primal the Lycanroc

Maxwell the Fennec
Hi, I'm new to this and would like to meet some nice furs. Some of my friends found out I was a furry through twitter and they were a little cruel so I just want to talk to some people that don't think im gross for this.
Well hi there! Firstly, welcome to the forums! You'll be sure to meet many kind folks around, and plenty of friendly furs to be your actual friends!

Secondly. if your friends are cruel to you being a furry, and if they come off in such a manner to where it drove you to here, then I say it's best to just break contact with them. People who flip on you on the drop of a dime aren't really the people you want backing you up, especially if they were cruel about it! People like that only want to be your friend if they find it befitting for them, so it would be best to either talk that one out, or break that completely, because that's not a friend, that' a two-facer.

And lastly, I wanna say sorry for having to go through such a horrid experience! Even if you can brush it off, it's still a dick move on their end to even have done that, so I apologize on their dumb behalf.

Have a great stay here, and you are always welcomed here with open arms! We don't bite! Unless you ask!

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
They sound pretty nice actually, they were open about their reactions, and they even reconsidered and apologized afterwards. The real garbage are the people who pretend to be your friends, but then talk and do shit behind your back.

Also, I think you should be skeptical of some of the advice you might get here. This community seems to have a somewhat of a "quickly drop everyone you've ever met" mentality.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Hi, I'm new to this and would like to meet some nice furs. Some of my friends found out I was a furry through twitter and they were a little cruel so I just want to talk to some people that don't think im gross for this.

Wow, that's terrible to hear, but here that will not occur, fur sure! <hugs>

Welcome to the forums, name's Mambi, and here you can be as playfully furry as ya want! <giggles and boops your nose playfully>