• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Okay.. To those who are furs, I need your help...

Validuz

The Not-so-typical Swede.
These Chocolate covered kids & crotchgrabbing stories makes me wonder i should run barbed wire around myself :V
(Ooo! I actually got a roll of barbedwire in the basement... Maybe i will... Maybe. I. Will...)

And to OP. I stumbled across this guide the other day and i thought it was very insightfull and taught me alot. https://www.furaffinity.net/view/8789179/

Dokid

This is embarrassing... I've gotten so obsessed with furry art and all of that nice stuff, but have been totally repressing myself about it.. Here's the thing..
How do I 'act' as a furry? I mean, when we're all in costume, how do I behave around others? I learned about skritching and furpiles a little bit, but... What's the conduct? This is the first time I've ever reached out to the furry community.. Sorry if I sound dumb. :)

Uhh you just act yourself as long as your not overly perverted or creepy. When you're around other furries then just talk about the things you like such as favorite artists or people or suits.

As for the furpiles and scritching..well to each their own. I would never participate in a furpile or scritching because I don't know where they've been and where their hands have been.

Also don't get offended if another furry doesn't want to talk about being a furry all the time. Some of us have other hobbies too you know.

So yeah. Don't be overly perverted. Don't be overly creepy. And most of all just go with the flow of things.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Watch some the Uncle kage and 2 gryphon con panels on youtube, them two tell you the ins and out of the furry community plus they are excellent comedians!

Fuck 2Gryphon. He's a misogynistic misanthrope who isn't funny. I had a friend who was a "grey muzzle" who used to be friends with 2, yeah, 2 is an asshole.

Ricky

Kage is a dork, his "storytime" is about as interesting as watching paint dry and he's weird and has no social skills.

The only reason people look up to him is: 1) he runs AC, and 2) furries have no taste.

Two isn't funny unless you are still in that "lol, he said underwear" phase where bathroom humor is inherently funny. Even then, if you go to enough of his shows you'll realize the jokes are all the same but the characters and places are switched around a bit. That doesn't help, especially when he tells his "jokes" in the first person and you realize he's obviously just making the shit up.

helioswolf

Banned
Banned
Kage is a dork, his "storytime" is about as interesting as watching paint dry and he's weird and has no social skills.

The only reason people look up to him is: 1) he runs AC, and 2) furries have no taste.

Lots of times I think that about people, and then they surprise me by occasionally showing me how cool they are.

Two isn't funny unless you are still in that "lol, he said underwear" phase where bathroom humor is inherently funny. Even then, if you go to enough of his shows you'll realize the jokes are all the same but the characters and places are switched around a bit. That doesn't help, especially when he tells his "jokes" in the first person and you realize he's obviously just making the shit up.

In all fairness, I think that this could be seen in the same way that comedians have acts that they repeat over and over. Coming up with funny stuff is hard.

edit: this reminds me of a game i wanted to play where we pick popular furs and everyone chooses sides. one side trolls and the other side white knights. fun eh?

Last edited:

Ricky

Lots of times I think that about people, and then they surprise me by occasionally showing me how cool they are.

You often think people run Anthrocon and have boring "storytime" panels?

Are you on crack?

In all fairness, I think that this could be seen in the same way that comedians have acts that they repeat over and over. Coming up with funny stuff is hard.

Good comedians can come up with new material and not have to repeat the same jokes that were never funny in the first place.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who will lower his standards just because the guy is a furry though, huh?

helioswolf

Banned
Banned
You often think people run Anthrocon and have boring "storytime" panels?

Are you on crack?

Good comedians can come up with new material and not have to repeat the same jokes that were never funny in the first place.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who will lower his standards just because the guy is a furry though, huh?

Just trying to say a few nice things to promote harmony in the group.

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
We've done well as a community without 2 or Kage. Defending them isn't going to change anyone's opinions especially those that have seen them in person or have seen their escapades on video. Sure, Kage, in some ways has tried to change the general public's perception of furries but with him being a blathering drunk and creep doesn't help other's perception of him. Ricky summed up my opinion of 2 well enough I won't repeat it.

Last edited:

Ricky

Right, because GOD FORBID anyone have a negative opinion about something :roll:

You're not "promoting harmony" by white knighting a couple of tools, especially when you don't have anything to add but "I know dorks who are like cool people and stuff."

helioswolf

Banned
Banned
Right, because GOD FORBID anyone have a negative opinion about something :roll:

You're not "promoting harmony" by white knighting a couple of tools, especially when you don't have anything to add but "I know dorks who are like cool people and stuff."

I think they're dorks too, but in Kage's case, he wrote a thesis on Indoles. That's pretty cool IMO.

helioswolf

Banned
Banned
Yeah, man. He sounds like a fucking blast :roll:

Unless he makes me some indole derivatives I can eat that will make me trip balls. Then I might change my mind ;3

we should do iron chef, but it could be like 'who can cook the best drugs' rofl

Jesie

I'M A WINNER
Everyone who said negative things about 2

Thank You.

One of my old boyfriends was dick suckingly into 2. I watched his stand up and when he got to the eating babies part I felt like hurling my fat body straight into his face.
He's not even funny high, and that's inexcusable.

Last edited:

helioswolf

Banned
Banned
Thank You.

One of my old boyfriends was dick suckingly into 2. I watched his stand up and when he got to the eating babies part I felt like hurling my fat body straight into his face.
He's not even funny high, and that's inexcusable.

Yeah, and he also has a friend named VarmitCoyote who is cool as hell. But they all go off the deep end all the time because they're like trapped in their little bubble. They want to expand their horizons but feel limited, and they react by acting cray-cray

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
I forced myself to watch 2 for the sake of knowing who the hell he was. Gag me with a spoon it was the worst 2 mins of my life. I actually like bathroom humor but it was just dumb.

Ricky

Ricky, what is it that you would have furry be?

Also, how can you be a tool when you're defining something?

Defining something for whom?

It sure as hell isn't me; if they were the ones "defining" things I would have been out the door a long time ago.

They are both tools because, well... look at all the replies :roll:

helioswolf

Banned
Banned
technically, i think that kage does a lot to define what furry is by being the head of the largest actual get-together of furries, but what do you mean by replies? are you referring to something on fnurfnurfnurfinfitty?

edit: there must be something in this situation that i'm not privy to

BOOM! *shatterpaws* :rolleyes:

oh my dear lord, a giant bat just came through the window!

Last edited:

Ricky

technically, i think that kage does a lot to define what furry is by being the head of the largest actual get-together of furries

He runs Anthrocon and blatantly lies to the press about what goes on there.

That's not "defining something;" it's more like being in denial.

Besides, to start AC there had to be furries in the first place, right? Otherwise nobody would go >.>

It's not really a chicken and the egg scenario.

but what do you mean by replies?

Scroll up.

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
I guess the issue is, from my perspective, don't idolize morons and assholes. As well as advocating the noobs to idolize these boneheads as well. They are a prime example of someone being put into a position of esteem and power when they has no right to be there. 2 is just riding on the coat-tails of Kage and both lap up the attention.

Let me put it in perspective, Kage and 2 are the major reasons I won't go to Anthrocon. (Money and transportation being a close 2nd and 3rd.) I don't like how Kage always seems drunk and creepy with people. 2 is an asshole with the same lame jokes since he first got on the scene as well as being a creeper. Many people who even speak against Kage get banned/booted from Anthrocon. (Rumored but it wouldn't surprise me.) So, nope, not even going to bother with the bullshit.