• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Relaxed Nature-Often lost in thought
Anyone got any favorites? I'm getting a couple for my Windows 94 laptop..
Know any good (or amusing..) ones?

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
Master of Orion II was a personal favorite of mine, even though I was bad at it as a kid. There's also Betrayal at Krondor and Return to Krondor, both great old RPGs that I still go back to every now and then.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Outcast!

That was in my humble opinion the best game ever!
A great story, fantastic music score, huge open world (owing to its graphics engine) and some of the most balanced gameplay I have ever experienced.

M

ManicTherapsid

I think the oldest I have are X-Com : UFO Defence and Starflight 2 for MS-DOS. I also have Fallout 1 & 2, and Doom 95. Starflight 2 actually came with my first PC back in 94.

Wulf the Jackal

Just a cutie
ПДД (Правила Дорожного Движения - Traffic Rules) 2006. Game looks bad in a whole, but somehow it was in my childhood.

Arnak

Off the bench
Also if what I said didn't make sense, I'm saying I've got some old stuff. (Even though you got me a new copy of Spyro year of the dragon, still thankful)

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Relaxed Nature-Often lost in thought
Also if what I said didn't make sense, I'm saying I've got some old stuff. (Even though you got me a new copy of Spyro year of the dragon, still thankful)

You're very welcome :3
What's your fav older CD-ROM?

I think the oldest I have are X-Com : UFO Defence and Starflight 2 for MS-DOS. I also have Fallout 1 & 2, and Doom 95. Starflight 2 actually came with my first PC back in 94.

This is sad, but I'm still afraid to play Doom..despite it being pixels back then :D

Sugarbomb

Wow. Master of Orion 2. That brings back memories. I must have dumped a thousand hours into that game.

Other CD based games I enjoyed:
-Diablo 2
-Stronghold. A real time strategy D+D army controlling game. Can't find it anywhere.
-Raptor: Call of the Shadows (top down shooter)
-Warcraft 1, 2, and 3
-Starcraft
-Fallout 1 and 2. The new fallout games are okay, and in the same vein as these, but 1 and 2 are cult classics that made 3 possible at all.

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:)

Possible qualifiers but they may not work on machines older than 98: But these are / were my picks

1) Sims 1 and 2
2) Zoo Tycoon
3) I forgot the name of it but I enjoyed it. It was something like "Pizza Tycoon" or ""Pizza Simulator" or something like that. I forgot the name of it but I remember playing it along side my next purchase which was:
4) Carmageddeon
5) Myst

I can't remember a whole lot more but there were a ton I missed.

Some of these I play the sequels to such as Sims 3, Sims 4 and Carmageddeon Max Damage. So the predecessors left an impact on this old space-birb ^v^

:)

Cyanomega

The 7th guest.

Dear god, the clerk who sold it to me tried to talk me out of it and recommended fallout 2. I wish I would have listened to him

It's a frustrating game with really bad voice acting but dam n me if I didn't get my allowance worth.

Guifrog

Blue Frog
- Starshot: Space Circus Fever. 3D Platform. A space circus needs unique attractions to put on the best show in the galaxy and pay their debt with the galactic bank. They send their star juggler and a frog-ish robot to different planets in order to find something cool. I loved that game, the planets visuals, the freedom to explore, and how the protagonist's juggling skills would allow me to shoot and control the direction of my energy balls.

- Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster and the Beanstalk. Point-and-click. Kind of retelling the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, and you gotta help Buster Bunny and Plucky Duck in their quest to enter the Giant's castle. To do so, you need to find pieces of the key that opens the door, spread throughout different scenes, and they're found by using hints given by Babs Bunny through a loudspeaker.

- Dance E-Jay. Some sort of mini-studio for you to create music tracks by using samples provided by the software, including drums, strings, bass, vocals, and so on. It was very intuitive and I'd play with that often, long before I'd acquire FL Studio for more in-depth music making

- Lost Mind of Dr. Brain. Puzzle. I mean, plenty of puzzles. A mad scientist attempts to transfer his intelligence to a lab rat, but the experiment doesn't go as planned and his mental faculties are lost in the process. At least the rat can now talk and stuff, but you gotta make him access Dr. Brain's different brain areas and help him reshape it. My favorite areas/puzzles were the musical one (the rat plays a song and you have to organize the music sheet), the 3D construction (use your tridimensional perception to build block structures that perfectly match the shown samples) and the labyrinth one (you guide a yellow "ball" through nodes)

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
I loved the Pajama Sam games when I was really young :D. I also got each Hunting Unlimited game and played the crap out of them when I was a kid, and I still kinda play them every now and then on Steam (Despite not ever getting into hunting irl. Animals are too darn cute!).

brawlingcastform

High Functioning Autism
I'm glad I'm not the only Humongous Entertainment fan, Spy Fox was my absolute favorite. What caused the company to stop making new games?