• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Account Problem: Old username

Tamaskas

Hi there i posted up a ticket on my main FA account on the 25th february about an old account username what not been used for 8 years and i would like it could someone get back to me to talk about it thanks :)

[Цитата="Tamaskas, должность: 5672820, член: 87755"]Здравствуйте, я разместила авиабилет на моей основной ФА счета 25-го февраля из-за старой учетной записи имя пользователя, что не использовалось в течение 8 лет и я хотел бы его мог кто-нибудь вернуться ко мне, чтобы поговорить об этом спасибо :)[/Цитата]
Я, к сожалению, не могу ничем помочь, поскольку я сам тут недавно и сам вообще ничего не знаю )))

J

jayhusky

Tickets can take some time to be responded to, though you've only been waiting 48 hours which in fairness isn't too long. if you haven't heard anything in a month then you could chase it up.

J

jayhusky

i got a reply back about it saying that they can't take that old account off because it's got one update wtf is there a admin because i want to talk about this because that account not been used for 8 years now so am sure his never coming back so why waste so meny accounts for people who dont come back its like someone might aswell make a new accout upload 1 photo then keep doing it again and again wasteing good user names :S
Hmm, well it seems fair that they cannot release the account because it still contains a submission, although I do agree that users who registers accounts, upload content and then abandon them for the sake of squatting the account are annoying

Tamaskas

Hmm, well it seems fair that they cannot release the account because it still contains a submission, although I do agree that users who registers accounts, upload content and then abandon them for the sake of squatting the account are annoying

but the iusse is even the upload is 8 years old and his not used the account that long is there no rule on how long they have an account for before it becomes removed

J

jayhusky

but the iusse is even the upload is 8 years old and his not used the account that long is there no rule on how long they have an account for before it becomes removed

True the submission may be over 8 years old, but the user may attempt to regain the account to access the submission, you never know.

There used to be a post with information regarding the official line on abandoned accounts,but i cannot find it at the moment, so it might be wise for a staff member to come in here and give the official stance on this so there is a record for the future.

EDIT
Found a post from Yak over 8 years ago, on this subject.

We don't have an official policy regarding abandoned accounts and account transfer, but according to the unofficial policy, if the account has not been used for longer then 12 months it is considered abandoned and marked for deletion.
We have ways to tell whether an account is being used or not.

Thus, theoretically, if no administration members disagree the account can be given to the OP.

However, do know that nothing can be moved from one account to another, and that the OP would have to start anew.

(theoretically there are ways to move watches, watchers, favorites and submissions from one account to another but ugh, would rather not do this by hand).

I should point out the term "deletion" is erroneous as FA doesn't currently have the system in place for account deletions, other content such as submissions, journals etc can be deleted however.

Tamaskas

True the submission may be over 8 years old, but the user may attempt to regain the account to access the submission, you never know.

There used to be a post with information regarding the official line on abandoned accounts,but i cannot find it at the moment, so it might be wise for a staff member to come in here and give the official stance on this so there is a record for the future.
yeah like to know the rule on accounts before they removed ect ;) tbh i seens lots of website ect use the rule if after so long ect they send a email or note to the account if they don't get back to them within the amount of days your accoutn will be Removed

J

jayhusky

yeah like to know the rule on accounts before they removed ect ;) tbh i seens lots of website ect use the rule if after so long ect they send a email or note to the account if they don't get back to them within the amount of days your accoutn will be Delete
I edited my above post to reflect some information I found.

J

jayhusky

oh dam lol you would think they would make that update by now seen so meny fake accounts pop up :S
Without rolling the conversation off-topic, FA lacks the ability to delete accounts (similar to that of renaming accounts too) due to the way the site was originally coded, the database relies on matching usernames for things instead of it matching a userID. However recently a mention for username changes was made, meaning they may be possible in the near future.

Tamaskas

Without rolling the conversation off-topic, FA lacks the ability to delete accounts (similar to that of renaming accounts too) due to the way the site was originally coded, the database relies on matching usernames for things instead of it matching a userID. However recently a mention for username changes was made, meaning they may be possible in the near future.
heh yeah thanks jay here's hopeing an update with the codeing for this in the near future then :D closed my ticket becasue of all this talk got what i needed hehe ;)

J

jayhusky

heh yeah thanks jay here's hopeing an update with the codeing for this in the near future then :D closed my ticket becasue of all this talk got what i needed hehe ;)
The way I understood it, you could possibly expect it later this year. But I would not say for certain.