• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

On changing your Fursona?

GhostJag

Jungle Cat
Hello everybody, this is my first thread! I hope it's in the right place!

I wanted to gauge opinions on changing your fursona after you've already been established in the fandom as something else. I recently decided to change mine to a Jaguar from a Dog (huge leap there) and am just wondering how the fandom really views that sort of thing. I know people change their fursonas all the time, but when you get to know someone as one thing and then they change it suddenly is that a faux pas?

I notice when people go through big life changes that's usually the catalyst for a fursona change too. So basically...your thoughts?

Thanks! :)

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
Well, just introduce your character to the fandom and slowly make changes, like profile changes then go from there.

Kishi

The one, the only…
Oh... What are you going to do with the dog? And I think it'll be alright of you do that ^^

Falaffel

GUIZE. DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YER GODDAMN SONAS'. BRO, LIKE, HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE AREN'T GOING TO EAT YOUR ARMS OFF FOR CHANGING A SONA. JEEZ.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
GUIZE. DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YER GODDAMN SONAS'. BRO, LIKE, HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE AREN'T GOING TO EAT YOUR ARMS OFF FOR CHANGING A SONA. JEEZ.

*pets head*
Shhhh, calm, deep breaths, white sandy beaches. . .

Kishi

The one, the only…
I apologize for any rude remarks made by posters...

GhostJag

Jungle Cat
I lol'd at your first comment.
I didn't think it would be a huge deal, but I was curious. Thanks for the reassurance!

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I don't even have a fursona. Yet.
Anyways, it doesn't really matter. Do as you wish. It's what you like. Though I would recomend changing avatars or something if your fursona was in your avatar.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Are you kidding me? YEAH I have a problem with you switching fursonas! What the hell is wrong with you??

Everybody knows that the only acceptable fursona change is to birds.

C'mon, dude.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
btw off topic but I love the game your avatar came from. :D
Thanks! I love Solatorobo too! One of my favorites! I'm waiting for a sequel or other game in the Little tail Bronx series to be made.

Nah man don't worry. We always evolve and change. It's all one love. Feel free to interpret life as you feel necessary. Don't feel bad due to the ideas of a few.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I'm pretty sure most furries won't care if you change your fursona. A fursona is your own creation. Doowutchalike with it.

And just because you develop a new fursona doesn't mean the old one has to disappear. You can keep him as a recurring character or whatever. That's what I'd do.

Sparklepaws

The Wooflewaffle
I lol'd at your first comment.
I didn't think it would be a huge deal, but I was curious. Thanks for the reassurance!

Yeah it's really no big deal at all. The only time I'd really ever reconsider is if people knew who I was through my character, and even then my response would be a general "Eh, who cares" type of attitude. Fursonas are about what you like, not other people.