• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

On the prowl for a Mate~

Desmond Red Fang

Back at it again with that gay fire shit.
Okay so I just recently broke up with my boyfriend ((That and he called me a "Cuntfish"so props to him)) and I am not at all sad about it. I'm still in the game and I have plenty of love left in me! Now i'm not willing to discuss personal stuff about me in public but all you need to know is that I'm 16, Silly, Goofy and super bright! So if anyone is desperate, hit me up on my steam and we will discuss it over lunch :3

The link to the profile of the weirdo wolf Steam Community :: Valentine

Honestly I don't see why anyone would be slightly interested ^^;
I'm a clown x3
Nobody usually goes for the clown..

Unless they are a Zombie, cause screw Clown Zombies!!

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Never get with another furry. I have never seen it work. Find someone in real life. Don't bring up the fandom at all. Working out and eating right will increase your chances of finding someone. It's up to you to put in the effort.

you're not going to give life a chance if you are constantly trying to make a relationship your life. Live for yourself for a little while. I suggest though that you work out and eat right becuase you are not going to find anyone if you look like this guy

latest

quoting_mungo

Never get with another furry. I have never seen it work. Find someone in real life. Don't bring up the fandom at all.
"Give up on finding someone you can share your interest in furry fandom with before you try" is not exactly stellar advice, you know. If you've never seen furry/furry relationships work, you may need to pay more attention, because I've certainly seen my share of relationship success stories within fandom.

Someone being furry or not should probably not be a dealbreaker, and it's good to shop multiple markets, figuratively speaking, but there's nothing inherently wrong with looking for a partner within fandom. Always helps to explore one's circle of friends and friends-of-friends, too.

FAF is probably not the most suitable place to look for a date, overall, but there's multiple furry dating sites out there, where you can look for friends or relationships. I'm an old greymuzzle so the only one I know of offhand is Pounced.org, but I know there are more out there. I think there's also a few group accounts on FA mainsite for gay/straight/single/etc furries which may have some kind of "meet each other" journal or similar set up.

LycanTheory

Free to good home.
Never get with another furry. I have never seen it work. Find someone in real life. Don't bring up the fandom at all. Working out and eating right will increase your chances of finding someone. It's up to you to put in the effort.

you're not going to give life a chance if you are constantly trying to make a relationship your life. Live for yourself for a little while. I suggest though that you work out and eat right becuase you are not going to find anyone if you look like this guy

latest

While I agree with the second part of your message about not making one's life about a relationship and taking steps to become independent and taking care of one's self to increase the chances of attracting someone, I've got to say that the second part of what you said is completely counterdicted by the first suggestion you made to give up.

Just because you haven't personally seen something work has little to no bearing on the concept of if it will work or not, that's merely your own perception and I will go so far as to say it sounds almost as if you're casting off some of your own discontent with relationships or the way they have or haven't worked out for you onto others...

Not a good thing to do when attempting to give someone who's young and impressionable, good advise.

While there's nothing wrong with opening up to broader options and looking outside the fandom for someone who's open minded and accepting, there is totally something wrong with bottling up any part of your individuality and starting a relationship with someone based on hiding and covering up things and "not speaking of the fandom". Not that the premise of being open with a partner revolves around being furry but honestly, if you can't tell your partner about your interests, why be with anyone? It's just horrible advise and advocates that lies and deception are acceptable in a relationship. Not cool...

As far as giving up goes. I'm 34 and I've been looking for that "right fit" for the past 19 years and yes, I am looking for specific traits and personality and I don't ever intend to sell myself short on that. I've learned the hard way that settling for less than what you want only leads to regrets and it'll lead to hardship down the road. It's not that I think I'm too good for anyone, it's just that I know myself and I know what I'm looking for in a partner and I'm completely comfortable and fine with being alone rather than being with someone who's not a good fit for me.

But the thing is, if someone gives up on what they know they want... It's a 100% guaranteed failure rate.

I don't care how bad the odds seem or how daunting the tasks and the road ahead might be. If you quit now, you'll lose.

If the civil rights leaders of the last century had quit because of the odds, would we have what equality and freedom we have today?

If the 13 colonies had quit because they were a bunch of farmers and woodsmen against the most powerful military force in the world, would there be a United States?

There is no honor, there is no pride, there is no feeling of self-respect in giving up, even if you're sure there's no chance of winning. Personally, to meet my final demise fighting against all odds would be a beautiful death.

I'll die on my paws before I live on my feet.

Lyc

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
I'm still in the game and I have plenty of love left in me! Now i'm not willing to discuss personal stuff about me in public but all you need to know is that I'm 16
I say you should enjoy the single life, relationships aren't everything.

Desmond Red Fang

Back at it again with that gay fire shit.
I say you should enjoy the single life, relationships aren't everything.
Truuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, But the thing is I kinda NEED someone to love because I have toooooooo much love inside me, and it makes me depressed knowing that I can't share the love with anyone

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
While I agree with the second part of your message about not making one's life about a relationship and taking steps to become independent and taking care of one's self to increase the chances of attracting someone, I've got to say that the second part of what you said is completely counterdicted by the first suggestion you made to give up.

Just because you haven't personally seen something work has little to no bearing on the concept of if it will work or not, that's merely your own perception and I will go so far as to say it sounds almost as if you're casting off some of your own discontent with relationships or the way they have or haven't worked out for you onto others...

Not a good thing to do when attempting to give someone who's young and impressionable, good advise.

While there's nothing wrong with opening up to broader options and looking outside the fandom for someone who's open minded and accepting, there is totally something wrong with bottling up any part of your individuality and starting a relationship with someone based on hiding and covering up things and "not speaking of the fandom". Not that the premise of being open with a partner revolves around being furry but honestly, if you can't tell your partner about your interests, why be with anyone? It's just horrible advise and advocates that lies and deception are acceptable in a relationship. Not cool...

As far as giving up goes. I'm 34 and I've been looking for that "right fit" for the past 19 years and yes, I am looking for specific traits and personality and I don't ever intend to sell myself short on that. I've learned the hard way that settling for less than what you want only leads to regrets and it'll lead to hardship down the road. It's not that I think I'm too good for anyone, it's just that I know myself and I know what I'm looking for in a partner and I'm completely comfortable and fine with being alone rather than being with someone who's not a good fit for me.

But the thing is, if someone gives up on what they know they want... It's a 100% guaranteed failure rate.

I don't care how bad the odds seem or how daunting the tasks and the road ahead might be. If you quit now, you'll lose.

If the civil rights leaders of the last century had quit because of the odds, would we have what equality and freedom we have today?

If the 13 colonies had quit because they were a bunch of farmers and woodsmen against the most powerful military force in the world, would there be a United States?

There is no honor, there is no pride, there is no feeling of self-respect in giving up, even if you're sure there's no chance of winning. Personally, to meet my final demise fighting against all odds would be a beautiful death.

I'll die on my paws before I live on my feet.

Lyc

OP needs to pace himself. That's all I am saying. I do advise not seeking out other furries as mates and I stand by that. I hear and see more bad stories than good.

I don't date in the fandom and I learn from others. It is common for me to hear about how a relationship went south with furries.
"Give up on finding someone you can share your interest in furry fandom with before you try" is not exactly stellar advice, you know. If you've never seen furry/furry relationships work, you may need to pay more attention, because I've certainly seen my share of relationship success stories within fandom.

Someone being furry or not should probably not be a dealbreaker, and it's good to shop multiple markets, figuratively speaking, but there's nothing inherently wrong with looking for a partner within fandom. Always helps to explore one's circle of friends and friends-of-friends, too.

FAF is probably not the most suitable place to look for a date, overall, but there's multiple furry dating sites out there, where you can look for friends or relationships. I'm an old greymuzzle so the only one I know of offhand is Pounced.org, but I know there are more out there. I think there's also a few group accounts on FA mainsite for gay/straight/single/etc furries which may have some kind of "meet each other" journal or similar set up.

Thing is it is a deal breaker. I'm not saying there is a 100% failure rate, but it's high. I don't suggest buying stock that where you lose more money than gain.

quoting_mungo

Thing is it is a deal breaker. I'm not saying there is a 100% failure rate, but it's high. I don't suggest buying stock that where you lose more money than gain.
You are clearly not understanding the concept of a "dealbreaker", here, or you're trying to impose your own (frankly hypocritical) standards on OP/others. If you'd dump someone for finding out they're furries, that's your problem, not something to recommend as a universal dealbreaker (unlike e.g. physical abuse or controlling behavior).

Purely statistically speaking, and this is important to realize, relationships in general have a >50% failure rate. Because the majority of people have two or more relationships throughout their lives. So if you don't want to play a high-risk market, you'd better get out of relationships altogether.

Honestly the primary reason you see a lot of relationship drama with furries is that the average age in fandom is relatively low. Go to a high school and study the relationships there and you'll find at least as much drama and bullshit as you do among high school age furries. If you don't want relationship drama, don't date dramatic people.

Some of the strongest relationships I've seen have been among furries. I know a gay man old enough to be my father, who's been together with his partner for decades. I know a wonderful disabled woman who met her husband through fandom, and their family unit is as stable and tight-knit as anyone could wish for. I know a woman who learned a new language and moved to another continent to be with her now husband, and their relationship is an inspiration and comfort for myself when I worry about what I'm putting my poor husband through.

My husband, who himself is learning a new language, as is our boyfriend, so that he will be able to join me here and integrate into society. Both of them are furries, and that has absolutely no bearing one way or the other as to how suitable they are as relationship material. They're great people, and the three of us are compatible, and that's what counts.

So, yanno... from where I'm standing, I think I have ample evidence and reason to say you're mistaking correlation for causation and throwing out the furry baby with the bathwater.

Xaroin

THE ONE THE ONLY
Don't worry, I'm everything somebody doesn't want in a 16 year old male for a dating. You're more well set than me because at least you HAD one before

Sogreth

Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer
You are clearly not understanding the concept of a "dealbreaker", here, or you're trying to impose your own (frankly hypocritical) standards on OP/others. If you'd dump someone for finding out they're furries, that's your problem, not something to recommend as a universal dealbreaker (unlike e.g. physical abuse or controlling behavior).

Purely statistically speaking, and this is important to realize, relationships in general have a >50% failure rate. Because the majority of people have two or more relationships throughout their lives. So if you don't want to play a high-risk market, you'd better get out of relationships altogether.

Honestly the primary reason you see a lot of relationship drama with furries is that the average age in fandom is relatively low. Go to a high school and study the relationships there and you'll find at least as much drama and bullshit as you do among high school age furries. If you don't want relationship drama, don't date dramatic people.

Some of the strongest relationships I've seen have been among furries. I know a gay man old enough to be my father, who's been together with his partner for decades. I know a wonderful disabled woman who met her husband through fandom, and their family unit is as stable and tight-knit as anyone could wish for. I know a woman who learned a new language and moved to another continent to be with her now husband, and their relationship is an inspiration and comfort for myself when I worry about what I'm putting my poor husband through.

My husband, who himself is learning a new language, as is our boyfriend, so that he will be able to join me here and integrate into society. Both of them are furries, and that has absolutely no bearing one way or the other as to how suitable they are as relationship material. They're great people, and the three of us are compatible, and that's what counts.

So, yanno... from where I'm standing, I think I have ample evidence and reason to say you're mistaking correlation for causation and throwing out the furry baby with the bathwater.

I agree! There is a couple here on the FAF. And they are the cutest couple I've ever met.

Love can be found anywhere. Whether it's with a furry, or without. But I wouldn't completely dismiss something just because it's failed more times than it's worked out.

By that logic, no one should ever get married. Isn't the divorce rate like 56% or something like that? To hell with that. Ima get married!

L

Leoni Zheitk

Geez, I go for a day and there's a mile long wall of text when I come back...

A

Alex K

You should post this on somethin like FaceNook or Tweeter. I'm sure you'll get more folks there to

LycanTheory

Free to good home.
OP needs to pace himself. That's all I am saying. I do advise not seeking out other furries as mates and I stand by that. I hear and see more bad stories than good.

I don't date in the fandom and I learn from others. It is common for me to hear about how a relationship went south with furries.

I do agree with you that OP should pace himself but at 16, what does one expect?
As mungo said, look at the age statistics before you look at anything else.

I understand that people develop biases when they go through a bad relationship or endure a painful breakup but judging others based on an individual's actions isn't a wise thing to do.

For instance, I've had a really bad experience in seeking out a "normal" partner. At the beginning, I was fully candid about my interests and weirdness and she seemed and acted accepting, although her interests and mine didn't align very well. To sum, it turned into ten years of abuse with her trying to change me, then coercing me into becoming someone I was not... Gah.. would I date someone "normal" again, yeah! I would! But I'd look for key personality indicators that go far beyond and are a much better method of guaging compatibility than looking at someone and thinking "deal breaker" just because they're furry or not.

D

Deleted member 82554

Cuntfish? Never heard that one before, I think I'll start using that.

Anyway, you're better off trying ferzu since it's geared towards dating. But be warned, there are 25450 members and 269 currently online, place is thirsty as fuck.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Cuntfish? Never heard that one before, I think I'll start using that.

Anyway, you're better off trying ferzu since it's geared towards dating. But be warned, there are 25450 members and 269 currently online, place is thirsty as fuck.
I know right? I'm impressed by the creativity

But no, don't recommend Ferzu as that's strictly 18+ and will put both the members and site at risk of legal action should something happen.

Also Ferzu is bloody insane, like they're tumblr-level PC culture with a lot of thirst, shamelessness and a dash of depression or "i hate my life".

I checked it out way back and the first 30 or so posts I saw were some variation of "yay zoloft" or "I hate my life.", "kill me" and "I want to die"

MrFranco

Nintendork with a PC
Also Ferzu is bloody insane, like they're tumblr-level PC culture with a lot of thirst, shamelessness and a dash of depression or "i hate my life".
Yesterday I was on Ferzu. Depression was kind of rare.

It was fun on the first few hours... Until I saw extreme drama. Never any website gave me huge (if not complete) intolerance. Like, I enjoy watching triggered people, but basically they were destroying a user because of her shallow comment. No wonder she started blocking everyone.