• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I realise this forum has always had a high turnover rate (since I rarely recognise current users in older threads), but there do seem to be a lot of regular posters disengaging and drifting away right now.
And it feels like the range of subjects that cannot be comfortably discussed here is increasing, though perhaps I'm just the "wrong" type of furry in some way.

Eh, people on the forums here come n go in waves.

Been round off n on since 2008. People getting fed up with drama n disengaging is very much the norm. Some will be back. Others wont. Its all part of the charm of this place.

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
WHAAA really? i block people all the time. I view it as the stronger move- why waste time dealing with some individual you can't gain from that most likely is a troll. Why spend all the time arguing with them, when they have zero intentions of changing....some people are jerks, ridiculous and its not worth my time to deal with them. Bye block!

i value my time way too much to spend it dealing with idiots.

M

Massan Otter

It'd be nice if we had a small purple icon on a threads name that said "zombie" or something like that so people would pay more attention to the bloody necro.

I've no idea if the software here would allow for it (or if the people running the forum have any real interest), but I've used other forums where threads are locked automatically if there are no new posts for three months.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
WHAAA really? i block people all the time. I view it as the stronger move- why waste time dealing with some individual you can't gain from that most likely is a troll. Why spend all the time arguing with them, when they have zero intentions of changing....some people are jerks, ridiculous and its not worth my time to deal with them. Bye block!

Yeah, this is how I've come to view it. Having majored in English/Psychology, it's just not worth my limited time, to surround myself by too much negativity and things I find unpleasant, and also, by people who are simply unreasonable, rude, and merely looking to stir things up for the sake of doing so.

Instead, I feel it is more prudent for me to do things that set a positive tone. I think this is a more potent defense, and does not constitute giving up. For me, it's better than spending my time bickering. If I can help make somebody feel better about a problem, happier, make them laugh, convey myself in a polite manner, and be a decent person, I feel my time is better spent this way, in forming connections, bonds and friendships.

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Its not a far fetched idea actually. I'd say its worth proposing in fact.
Then I would of likely never known about okami being back and that's something I surely don't want to miss. I surely don't wanna miss that

I

Infrarednexus

Maybe make a different section of FAF where all the older forums get taken. So you can still access them but they won't interfere with the newer ones on the main site.

PolarizedBear

Whitest guy you know.
I don't see them as trolls, I see them as people with different opinions, if people can't tolerate opposing views that makes them weak.

Ofc that is all my opinion
The world wouldn't be as interestin' without being able to debate someone who thinks differently than you. ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Maybe make a different section of FAF where all the older forums get taken. So you can still access them but they won't interfere with the newer ones on the main site.
You mean like an archive?

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
I can smell elitists wanting this :V
The world wouldn't be as interestin' without being able to debate someone who thinks differently than you. ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

I love my enemies <3

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Your signature "Honor the past by embracing the future" works well with what you want to have changed.

Dongding

The sheep

I value context unfortunately. The forum will feel broken without the unsavory element that everyone is reacting to.

Refusing to participate in the discussions now that have been successfully uprooted only for them to bunker down for another pointless round of repeated previously recognized false logic.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
My line theme and sticker is beary nice.
Worth the money indeed
Screenshot_20180405-113721.png

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
*flops on people*

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
I don't see them as trolls, I see them as people with different opinions, if people can't tolerate opposing views that makes them weak.

Ofc that is all my opinion

this is a positive way to view it; however i have my doubts that you give every single comment an individual utters the same value as high quality information. Like, you can't sit here and tell me if i went to your page and constantly bothered you about something ridiculous that you would actually take it seriously in the same way that you would if you were among a dear friend giving insight on their views of some serious topic?

Some people just want to watch the world burn and will do anything for attention. Sometimes ignoring them doesn't work. Blocking definitely helps quite alot. I have blocked many people on this page already solely because their first comments to me were something extremely sexualized....and that was after i told them to stop. Why put myself in a position to deal with that nonsense? I

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ
I did something today. I took a step back flipped a table and walked away. I feel so much better about myself.

One less thing stressing me out in life c:

DarkoKavinsky

ʎʇʇɐq ʇıq ɐ