• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

Kurgarra Lilitu

No. It's hot.
I am torn between these two opinions.
On the one hand I'd like to RP in an RP and it have the freedom to go into any territory that naturally happens in the event of the RP, even if the topic is NSFW.
At the same time, that's not what NSFW RP threads typically give. Instead what is expected is that you WILL deliver NSFW content, regardless of where the RP goes.
The RP quality goes right down the drain...
This is why the only RPs I've ever been in that I considered "good" are private RPs. Most of them were SFW too, but we entered into them with the full knowledge that NSFW things could happen if the story lead it there.
They were truly RPs in which I felt total freedom.

B

BahgDaddy

I am torn between these two opinions.
On the one hand I'd like to RP in an RP and it have the freedom to go into any territory that naturally happens in the event of the RP, even if the topic is NSFW.
At the same time, that's not what NSFW RP threads typically give. Instead what is expected is that you WILL deliver NSFW content, regardless of where the RP goes.
The RP quality goes right down the drain...
This is why the only RPs I've ever been in that I considered "good" are private RPs. Most of them were SFW too, but we entered into them with the full knowledge that NSFW things could happen if the story lead it there.
They were truly RPs in which I felt total freedom.

I mostly do nsfw RPs. ERP, or erotic RP. Otherwise I do RP lite, or just not much at all.

Kurgarra Lilitu

I mostly do nsfw RPs. ERP, or erotic RP. Otherwise I do RP lite, or just not much at all.
This is why I pretty much don't RP at all anymore. I need to feel like I'm in the thick of things if I'm going to RP and if someone just types random dialogue as their first post, I just imagine a narrator voice around me and I'm like.
"Why hello, voice in my head. Be careful in there. It's a bit of a mess."

B

BahgDaddy

This is why I pretty much don't RP at all anymore. I need to feel like I'm in the thick of things if I'm going to RP and if someone just types random dialogue as their first post, I just imagine a narrator voice around me and I'm like.
"Why hello, voice in my head. Be careful in there. It's a bit of a mess."

Yeah, it was fun at first, but the allure has slacked off a bit for me. And, yeah, random dialogue is rather boring. I usually do paragraph level posts, though.

Kurgarra Lilitu

Yeah, it was fun at first, but the allure has slacked off a bit for me. And, yeah, random dialogue is rather boring. I usually do paragraph level posts, though.
There's nothing bad about a good paragraph post. I don't think you should have to post multiple paragraphs... every... single... time...
It's hard because you can't apply hard and fast rules to how long your posts should be, but you need enough to give a visualization of everything that's going on so it doesn't feel disjointed.

B

BahgDaddy

There's nothing bad about a good paragraph post. I don't think you should have to post multiple paragraphs... every... single... time...
It's hard because you can't apply hard and fast rules to how long your posts should be, but you need enough to give a visualization of everything that's going on so it doesn't feel disjointed.

Multiple paragraph Res are a bit rare and honestly kind of scare me off. Here's an example of something I might write when I'm in a good mood:

The wolf perched on the rock outcropping over the subtle ravine, watching the sun fade in the distance. His thoughts wandered the various activities of the day, until he squashed them in favor of just watching the sun slowly melt into the distant, mountainous horizon. Though the sun died every evening, it did not matter in the end, for it was reborn the next day. He flicked an ear as he chased about that meaning in his head before concluding his meditation, and turned away from the sun and set off into the woods toward his den.

Kurgarra Lilitu

Multiple paragraph Res are a bit rare and honestly kind of scare me off. Here's an example of something I might write when I'm in a good mood:

The wolf perched on the rock outcropping over the subtle ravine, watching the sun fade in the distance. His thoughts wandered the various activities of the day, until he squashed them in favor of just watching the sun slowly melt into the distant, mountainous horizon. Though the sun died every evening, it did not matter in the end, for it was reborn the next day. He flicked an ear as he chased about that meaning in his head before concluding his meditation, and turned away from the sun and set off into the woods toward his den.
I only post multiple paragraphs in RP when it is an opening scene or a scene change. This example is beautiful.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I love a good RP via DM/PM, and in a format that uses paragraphs, tells a story, includes humor, adventure, and has NSFW interludes. Post length varies, according to what is needed at the moment; sometimes a few lines suffice, others need more detail. To me, this has always been among my favorite parts of the fandom; I love writing, and see it as a kind of collaborative fiction. Plus, one can meld the very solitary act of writing with something social in the process. And, it's totally open-ended; you can do whatever the imagination allows. The hardest thing is to find somebody you 'mesh' with, so that it is reciprocal and mutually pleasing.

Also, I think the NSFW aspects are especially appealing, as one can do so many more things than IRL, and without the risk of things like disease, babies, and so forth : P

Hatiblackwolf

Too depressed to talk. :(
Does anyone have any good jokes for me? The 7th graders in math keep begging me for jokes and I am having trouble coming up with some. They like dark and dirty humor.
I've tried Dave Chapelle's advice of coming up with the punchline first but it's so damn hard.
If you could give me some that would be great. Thanks!
Hati

B

BahgDaddy

I only post multiple paragraphs in RP when it is an opening scene or a scene change. This example is beautiful.

Thank-you! :3

I love a good RP via DM/PM, and in a format that uses paragraphs, tells a story, includes humor, adventure, and has NSFW interludes. Post length varies, according to what is needed at the moment; sometimes a few lines suffice, others need more detail. To me, this has always been among my favorite parts of the fandom; I love writing, and see it as a kind of collaborative fiction. Plus, one can meld the very solitary act of writing with something social in the process. And, it's totally open-ended; you can do whatever the imagination allows. The hardest thing is to find somebody you 'mesh' with, so that it is reciprocal and mutually pleasing.

Also, I think the NSFW aspects are especially appealing, as one can do so many more things than IRL, and without the risk of things like disease, babies, and so forth : P

That sounds great! I guess I feel like I should be working on my own writing projects though, so sometimes it's hard for me to try and do a long lasting RP. I also feel obligated to do long, concise, and consistent responses, like there's an end in sight, and then it hangs over my head. I'm really good at stressing myself out >.>

Does anyone have any good jokes for me? The 7th graders in math keep begging me for jokes and I am having trouble coming up with some. They like dark and dirty humor.
I've tried Dave Chapelle's advice of coming up with the punchline first but it's so damn hard.
If you could give me some that would be great. Thanks!
Hati

I'm a furry, all I know are yiff and knot jokes, which they probably won't get.

Shoiyo

Smartass skunk
It's been ages since I did an RP. I don't know if I would be any good anymore.

So I had a massive argument with my boss today because he did the thing that violates OSHA policy I asked him not to do the 6 times he did it, that could potentially result in our store burning down. He initiated the argument and yelled at me for wasting company time by cleaning up the mess he made. He also accused me of bad work practices I don't do, but other members of the staff do. Think it is time to find a new job?
(subbed>dubbed, but I can't find it uploaded)

Dongding

The sheep
To be honest I'd be confused of what to do other than wait and watch patiently.
I know, right? I'm always super relieved after I see the other person log out before I've finished my obnoxiously descriptive posts. I don't know what comes after taking the shirt off in sex!

Kurgarra Lilitu

So I had a massive argument with my boss today because he did the thing that violates OSHA policy I asked him not to do the 6 times he did it, that could potentially result in our store burning down. He initiated the argument and yelled at me for wasting company time by cleaning up the mess he made. He also accused me of bad work practices I don't do, but other members of the staff do. Think it is time to find a new job?
(subbed>dubbed, but I can't find it uploaded)
Maybe he wants the place to burn down. Maybe he has it insured. Have you thought about his needs to put you and all of his hard working employees out of a job to net $40,000+ in insurance fraud? :V

B

BahgDaddy

I've been corrupted by too many corny NSFW comics to not have dialogue. I still don't like ERP. I'd much rather focus on other aspects, so I avoid it when I do D&D.

Erm... my dialogue is apparently really realistic... and I've had people think I was really, REALLY coming onto them several times because of the way I write dialogue. It's just I can really, really get into [sic] a character.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
It's been ages since I did an RP. I don't know if I would be any good anymore.

Aw, but as a Skunk, I'm sure you could be brought back up to speed! It's sort of like riding a bike, after you haven't for a while...it all comes back to ya.

Also, maybe you could explore those space/sci-fi ideas you had, for your fursona/backstory; RPs can be a fun way, to test the waters, on new ideas.