• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I'm a tired bun right now. Long week, and ready to sleep in! I poke my head in here every so often. It's nice to see that some of the trash has effectively been removed!

How are you?
Doing good! Yeah, it has brightened up a bit since most of the rabble rousers are gone. Still dumpster fires, but they seem to be tiny.

A

aloveablebunny

Doing good! Yeah, it has brightened up a bit since most of the rabble rousers are gone. Still dumpster fires, but they seem to be tiny.

Granted I spend more of my time on Discord when I'm online, mainly because I am staff in one of the largest furry servers out there with 7800+ members so... it keeps me pretty busy heh

Pandox_Paradox

It looks like a stick figure wearing sunglasses
How are folks this fine evening?
Doing alright. Got the house to myself since my SO is away on a camping trip with his future brother-in-law and his friends; so I spent my morning sleeping in until 10 am. I usually get up at 5:30 am, so this was definitely sleeping in for me. I got a call from the jewelry store saying I got the job, so I went in to negotiate my offer and schedule. Afterwards, as I was walking back to my car, I found out one of my old junior high/high school friends who I had lost contact with was working in the same building, so it looks like I've rekindled a long-lost friendship :) Then, I ate supper with my SO's family and saw Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again and loved every minute of it. I never watched the first one, so I guess that's on my watchlist now.

TL;DR: S.O. is away for camping trip so I slept in, got a job, met up with an old friend, then ate supper with my S.O.'s family and watched Mamma Mia!.

D

Deleted member 82554

I feel the need to talk about family matters since it's all I really have to talk about lately. But if this fandom has taught me anything it's usually best not to bring that topic up, even if it's something positive.

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
This is great, apparently there is a highly toxic, fatal supply of mustard gas about two miles from where I live that has had issues with minor leaks in the past couple of years. And it’s getting worse. Yay.

I

Infrarednexus

This is great, apparently there is a highly toxic, fatal supply of mustard gas about two miles from where I live that has had issues with minor leaks in the past couple of years. And it’s getting worse. Yay.
What? We are still using that stuff?

I

Infrarednexus

Not using it anymore, but there’s no safe way to dispose of it. So it’s just sitting there, waiting to leak or explode or something. Idk how far it could spread but it’s still at the Army depot.
Hope nothing bad happens then. Stay safe.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
@Misha Bordiga Zahradník I'm reminded here that I've always liked ketchup better than mustard; for one thing, you never hear about a deadly leak of Ketchup gas. It's always mustard, that gets you.

@Pandox_Paradox : Ah, my folks always talk about this movie (the first one, in this case), it seems to be one of their favorites, one day, when I visit, I hope to watch it with them, as it always seems to make them both very happy.

~~~

Well, it is finally no longer raining here; thunderstorms tore through last night, and knocked the power out for maybe 6 hours, and damn, did it get hot even with the windows open; this place is like a tropical marsh in the summer. I keep expecting to see crocodiles, anacondas and hippopotami any day now.

Last edited:
Not using it anymore, but there’s no safe way to dispose of it. So it’s just sitting there, waiting to leak or explode or something. Idk how far it could spread but it’s still at the Army depot.
Shit.

Mustard gas can be destroyed, but it takes decades with the current incineration techniques. Experimental methods that are faster are being tried.

But it can travel miles before dispersing. It tends to settle in lower areas due to being slightly heavier than air. Being higher up on a hill may offer some protection, but I would recommend on getting fitted for and buying a gas mask.