• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
You know, I just forgot the context of what I just said so I'm on the same boat.

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
Well I'm about to be banned. I've been vilified by most people here at some point, but I'll still miss having anything resembling a community.
Wait, what?

I hope you don't get banned. Despite our disagreements I like talking with you. If you're interested you can hit me up and I will give you my Discord contact info.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
Can @SSJ3Mewtwo or @Dragoneer explain why forum posts still haven’t been approved after almost a full day? Had to wait forever for a denied ticket for my last one and now I’m getting nothing. I’ve sent messages about it and gotten zero response.

I’m also starting to think that Mewtwo is harboring a grudge against me.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
Can @SSJ3Mewtwo or @Dragoneer explain why forum posts still haven’t been approved after almost a full day? Had to wait forever for a denied ticket for my last one and now I’m getting nothing. I’ve sent messages about it and gotten zero response.
I think Metwo might have, but unfortunately the thread it happened in was locked and deleted of course.
If it happened at all. It was awhile ago and my memory is janky as fuck about what it manages and fails to remember.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all

I’m also starting to think that Mewtwo is harboring a grudge against me.
Jesus Christ It's been a while since I last saw you :V

D

Deleted member 82554

Relatable.

Also the favoritism on this forum is enough to make you puke. I don't remember it being this bad with the last inhabitants.

Dancy

floofy.
Well I'm about to be banned. I've been vilified by most people here at some point, but I'll still miss having anything resembling a community.
i hope not.
i might not agree you politically 100%, but you're a nice guy and pretty fucking insightful.
you are also quick to help and stick up for peeps.
i want to see more of you around, not less.

I've not been banned....yet....
So I'd just let you know I'm starting a Nuclear Renaissance campaign. It's a tabletop strategy game that leaves the creation of your characters very open ended, set in an apocalyptic setting. I made the Counter Strike bomb and teargass grenades, because shenanigans.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
mornin' everyfur, howl you guys doing?

Pretty good! Hoping to do some writing today and maybe get some fun RP time in...am resting here today....have an appointments though to test for allergies. (I think I have developed an allergy to mold/mildew) But should be a pretty good day. Will treat myself to lunch.

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
Can anyone here give me some advice on what I need to do to get pre approved for a mortgage loan? Do I just walk into the bank and be like yoooo? I'm going to start house shopping and I have no clue what I'm doing

Dancy

floofy.
Can anyone here give me some advice on what I need to do to get pre approved for a mortgage loan? Do I just walk into the bank and be like yoooo? I'm going to start house shopping and I have no clue what I'm doing
sorry to keep you waiting here.
work has been hella busy and i was seeing if someone with more experience was going to reply this, i guess not.
there are a few financial furs here who should've been able to answer this lickety-split.
anyway, enough shaming.
let's get technical.

before you do anything, you need to track down a legitimate lender.
too many people think the process starts with looking at open houses THEN getting a lender.
no.
if you're a serious home buyer, you'll benefit in several ways by lining up a lender and getting a pre-approval letter.

when you meet with the lender, you'll discuss loan options and budgeting first.
the lender will check your credit and warn you about any problems.
you'll learn the maximum amount you can borrow, which will let you estimate your price range.
you need to carefully estimate how comfortable you are with a given house payment rather than immediately aiming for the top of your spending limit, since a lot of home buyer who weren't properly advised do that.
you don't want to be trapped with payments you can't make.
finally, you need to remember that most home sellers expect home buyers to have a pre-approval letter and will be more willing to negotiate with you if you have proof that you can get financing, so you need it.
your head is in the right place if you getting pre-approved is your first step.

before i really get into the weeds here, make sure you're getting a pre-approval instead of pre-qualification.
a pre-approval is much useful and trusted because it means the lender has has checked your credit and verified your documentation to approve a specific loan amount, so zero in on getting pre-approved.
sorry if i sound like a broken record.

now you have to five basic things for the pre-approval process.
in order of general importance. you'll definitely need proof of income, proof of assets, good credit, verification of employment, and identification in the form of your social security number and driver's license.
be very aware that the lender could for more paperwork, depending on how strict they are.

paperwork-wise, here's everything you'll need to gather up and organize:

for proof of income, you'll unavoidably need w-2 statements from the past two years, recent pay stubs that show income as well as year-to-date income, proof of any other income like as alimony or bonuses, and your two most recent years of tax returns.

for proof of assets, get your bank statements and investment account statements to prove that you have the funds for the down payment and closing costs, plus any cash reserves. your down payment, which is a percentage of the selling price, differ by the type of loan. the vast majority of loans stipulate that you purchase private mortgage insurance or pay a mortgage insurance premium or a funding fee unless you put 20 percent, or possibly more, down.

for verification of employment, you're going to have to be cool with presenting pay stubs and the lender calling your employer to verify that you are still employed and to check what your salary is. if you've recently switched jobs, a lender might want to talk your previous employer. keep in mind that lenders want to make sure they are lending to borrowers who are stably employed. if you're self-employed, you're going to have to provide a lot of additional paperwork detailing the nature of your business and income.

like i said before, you'll also have to pony up a driver license and your social security number, but add a signature giving the lender permission to check your credit score to the list.

whew.
i hope this is helpful and i wish you the best of luck! <3

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
*noms on the remaining chocolate for "breakfast"*