• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

contemplationistwolf

Aspirational AI Engineer Wolf
Thankyou for your advice. You are right that R is my favourite language.

I have decided to use a matrix of real data decomposed into 'mutually orthogonal' components as the 'dependent' matrix, so that it contains real complexities such as structured non-uniform distributions.
and then I have produced synthetic independent matrices, which are each structured by different independent components of the dependent matrix.

So I know that multiple independent matrices should better constrain variance in the dependent matrix than any single independent matrix.
That sounds like a good idea! You could probably do clustering of the features (columns in your matrix I presume) into "dependence classes". Take one feature from each "dependence class" and you get a sort of an independent matrix. This could make it easy to construct different independent matrices to try out.

For the independent matrix, I would go through all triplets of features (columns), apply some function to the first two feature to construct a new feature, and then see how that new feature correlates with the third one. This is how I would go about trying to automatically find pairs of features that in combination correlate with the third one.

Though, idk if my ideas are useful or not as I'm not familiar with your exact problem, and there's no doubt a huge amount of domain-specific knowledge that you know but I don't that will heavily alter your approach to this. Regardless, it's a fun mental exercise to try to think about this, and anyways, it sounds like you are working on an interesting and non-trivial problem, so I wish you luck with this!

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
not bad, just poking around after like a year and a half of not logging in here XD
I'm not super regular myself, but it's nice to see you around. Hopefully the weekend is going well.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
it's been decent. hbu?
I've mostly been in with my girlfriend since our roommate had to visit a friend this weekend. There isn't much reason to go out here at the moment, but at least there's the long weekend.

SashaBengal

Lurking Tigress
I've mostly been in with my girlfriend since our roommate had to visit a friend this weekend. There isn't much reason to go out here at the moment, but at least there's the long weekend.
oh right, there's a holiday on monday isn't there. i always forget about monday holidays >.>

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Plus, it snowed here overnight.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

Judge Spear

Look at this dog

24fac824c5c896f235a31459686b49fb.jpg

Stalwart. Cunning. Agile.
He stalks his prey but, respects it as a worthy adversary. An honorable warrior well practiced in humility to ever temper his mind. Never allowing his strength to sully his judgement through naïve overconfidence.

Magnificent...

Chaosmasterdelta

Rule Breaker
It's the first day of class and I'm pretty sure I went to the wrong one. I went to the right building, but the course schedule did not include a room number. So I just went in the room I was led to by someone at a desk. I had no idea it was the wrong one until just now, hours later.

ScaratheWolf

Scara is on her honeymoon; Currently Ronin
It's the first day of class and I'm pretty sure I went to the wrong one. I went to the right building, but the course schedule did not include a room number. So I just went in the room I was led to by someone at a desk. I had no idea it was the wrong one until just now, hours later.
RIP :D, I only laugh at this because I've done this before XD

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Did the content of the class not differ from what you expected?

Judge Spear

As if I didn't have enough reasons to completely skip whatever the fuck Pokemon Legends is supposed to be, this is the cherry on top. This game has my least favorite designs yet and I generally like each new batch of critters. Even it's weirder goofier designs like Klefki and Vanillite.

unknown.png

Last edited: