• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

Judge Spear

Fucking finally. Took long enough to bring me my damn food.
unknown-7.png

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
That statue sits on top of a 3 metre plinth, and is watched over by a camera because the council that erected it was so worried it would be vandalised.

Their countermeasures do not appear to have been very successful.

X

Xitheon

That statue sits on top of a 3 metre plinth, and is watched over by a camera because the council that erected it was so worried it would be vandalised.

Their countermeasures do not appear to have been very successful.

Just FYI, I have a working class background and I'm from North East England (my grandfather was a coal miner.)

As you may have guessed from this information, Margaret Thatcher is one of my least favourite people. Me and my mum danced around and sang "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" when she died.

Kope

Artist?
Banned
Margaret Thatcher was trash so okay, I see your point.
Not being political here, but I find it strange that people in the UK hate Margret Thatcher while in The US ,the male equivalent, Ronald Reagan is sorta celebrated. I wonder what the difference is culturally.

StolenMadWolf

resident Lab Wolf
Well, not been on here for a while. But I do have an update from a short while ago.

After one too many arguments with close family, I basically just started... well... admitting alot of stuff. Amongst that stuff was the fact that I'm a furry.

And as it turns out, the two family members I've told have actually been pretty okay with it. One was even chuckling at the idea of fursuits and called me furball on a couple of occasions. The other must have started to connect the dots as they kinda figured that one character I was drawing was my fursona, even though they didn't know what a furry was.

So phew... that was good news.

X

Xitheon

Well, not been on here for a while. But I do have an update from a short while ago.

After one too many arguments with close family, I basically just started... well... admitting alot of stuff. Amongst that stuff was the fact that I'm a furry.

And as it turns out, the two family members I've told have actually been pretty okay with it. One was even chuckling at the idea of fursuits and called me furball on a couple of occasions. The other must have started to connect the dots as they kinda figured that one character I was drawing was my fursona, even though they didn't know what a furry was.

So phew... that was good news.

I don't know you but that's really cute.

"Furball." Awwww.

Judge Spear

Eh, some people do. The question is the reasoning behind it.
People close to you won't care if you aren't a dickhead about your hobby honestly. They might not like it, but will generally leave you alone about it. Of my 12 personal friends, 2 are the only ones that don't despise furries but they don't really care that I'm one. lol
Most people that claim they were shat on by their family for """coming out""" as furry conveniently omit they're just insufferable shut-ins directly because of it.

Kope

Artist?
Banned
Is there a place where we can talk about guns here? (Not politically of course)

SirRob

Wish I could generate more discussion on this forum with new thread ideas, but it's hard to come up with them! What do furries wanna talk about? I could make tons of threads on the gaming forum but I doubt they'd get much attention since there doesn't seem to be much going on in that section, and even then, the few people who venture there have widely differing opinions and interests. I've come up with a couple topics that I think I could follow through with, but otherwise it's a real challenge trying to come up with something that furries would be interested in discussing that doesn't already exist as some sort of megathread.

Judge Spear

Wish I could generate more discussion on this forum with new thread ideas, but it's hard to come up with them! What do furries wanna talk about? I could make tons of threads on the gaming forum but I doubt they'd get much attention since there doesn't seem to be much going on in that section, and even then, the few people who venture there have widely differing opinions and interests. I've come up with a couple topics that I think I could follow through with, but otherwise it's a real challenge trying to come up with something that furries would be interested in discussing that doesn't already exist as some sort of megathread.
Thats pretty much all I ever used this place for in the 12 years Ive been here tbh. Just the gaming forum. As far as sparking converaation is concerned.

"Furry" topics are not interesting unless I'm in a position where I can assist people struggling with their art.

Kope

Artist?
Banned
Thats pretty much all I ever used this place for in the 12 years Ive been here tbh. Just the gaming forum. As far as sparking converaation is concerned.

"Furry" topics are not interesting unless I'm in a position where I can assist people struggling with their art.
Hmm can you help me with arms and legs? I struggle drawing them

SirRob

Yeah, I can understand that. I probably shouldn't say any more about it since I don't wanna offend anyone. As for art, I try not to talk about art too much since I'm self conscious and don't like opening myself up to criticism. I also don't like feeling like a show off if I'm among people with less experience than me. So generally that topic of discussion is off limits for me unless I'm commenting on someone else's art.

Judge Spear

Yeah, I can understand that. I probably shouldn't say any more about it since I don't wanna offend anyone. As for art, I try not to talk about art too much since I'm self conscious and don't like opening myself up to criticism. I also don't like feeling like a show off if I'm among people with less experience than me. So generally that topic of discussion is off limits for me unless I'm commenting on someone else's art.
I generally don't worry about showing off. If it's in the appropriate channels and you're not being a smarmy prick about it (unprovoked), I wouldn't worry about how someone else feels. They probably aren't looking anyway if it's somewhere people are actively sharing things.

---

An unrelated aside, my new controller came in and it's a dream come true.
b6aef3239fd66ba893daa0bbeb4515a6.png

Just lovely. Can retire my old 360 controller now.