• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
And now since I work for a candy company some of my favorite candies are getting ruined for me as I'm helping make them and seeing hundreds of thousands of them a day, I'm already sick of them *sad face* lol

D

Deleted member 160111

@Vino The Strange-One ,
And now since I work for a candy company some of my favorite candies are getting ruined for me as I'm helping make them and seeing hundreds of thousands of them a day, I'm already sick of them *sad face* lol
This is normal for an employee. It would be amazing if you loved all these sweets now. At least you won't have a new hole in your teethXD

Vino The Strange-One

Yeah, I can see why you shouldn't like them anymore. That's why I don't try to eat many chocolates. They're my favorite candy and I don't wanna ruin it.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Imagine spending 44b of your own money and people are complaining that he's literally not cured cancer. smh.

I said research, Yakamaru.
Nobody earns my respect just because they spend lots of money.

People who spend their money wisely, they get my respect. People who waste lots of money, they don't get it.

Fallowfox

On this subject anyway, what are people's costs of living like at the moment?
I am trying to establish whether my daily spending is reasonable. I would estimate my spending on food and groceries at about $23 a day at the moment.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
And for next week's 2 Minute Hate, Mark suckerberg spent so much money turning his shithole of a company into basically a worse-looking Second Life that he's broke, letting go of 11.000 employees.
He's ALSO not cured cancer or solved Ukraine!

D

Deleted member 160111

I am trying to establish whether my daily spending is reasonable. I would estimate my spending on food and groceries at about $23 a day at the moment.
A philosophical question. For someone, a person's life is worth nothing, and they will not spend. For someone it is valuable, and you have to pay for the quality

If you are satisfied with your spending for the day and they do not drive you into debt, everything is fine and it's worth it. In principle, any expenses are normal, as long as you spend honestly earned money on them.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
I said research, Yakamaru.
Nobody earns my respect just because they spend lots of money.

People who spend their money wisely, they get my respect. People who waste lots of money, they don't get it.
Yes, you did say research. I wasn't even referring to you. The people endlessly whining and bitching because a rich guy spends his money however he wish however..

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
..How do you manage nearly $700 a month? What the hell do you eat, mate? :p

Fallowfox

..How do you manage nearly $700 a month? What the hell do you eat, mate? :p
About twice as much as a normal person. I do a huge amount of exercise.

My costs since moving have involved a lot of one-time purchases like kitchenware, so I'm hoping that this doesn't reflect my actual average daily spend.
But lunch here costs $9 if you buy it, so you can see how that would add up quickly. I am cooking all of my own food instead of buying pre-made or eating out.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof

My costs since moving have involved a lot of one-time purchases like kitchenware, so I'm hoping that this doesn't reflect my actual average daily spend.
But lunch here costs $9 if you buy it, so you can see how that would add up quickly. I am cooking all of my own food instead of buying pre-made or eating out.
Oh, right. Forgot you were an exercise maniac. A muscle bro. :p
(I'm joking if you can't tell)

Aye. Buy bulk sales when possible and cook your own food as much as possible. Buying one-time meals will be very costly and isn't cost-efficient whatsoever compared to normal groceries that you buy. Though would also depend on what you buy and where. A lot of stores/chains have different rates, so if you have way to keep up with the different prices that should save you cash in the long run. It also helps to have a large enough financial buffer in case something happens.

Smityyyy

You’re not so far off from me so if you have any PriceRites near you — check them out. I don’t spend very much at all, get good and healthy foods, and supplies/cooking ware for pretty damn cheap.

It’s where we do all of our grocery shopping! It has some of the best prices of all chains in upstate IMO.

reptile logic

An imposter among aliens.
@Fallowfox, as you claim to eat twice the average due to exercise, $20/day for food doesn't seem unusually high.

Side story: When I worked as a wild-land firefighter (bush fires), me and my crew members could consume 6-7,000 kcalories per day, each, during a large project fire. Most of us would end up losing some weight during these fires. I'm just glad that those many, large meals were paid for by the government.

Fallowfox

You’re not so far off from me so if you have any PriceRites near you — check them out. I don’t spend very much at all, get good and healthy foods, and supplies/cooking ware for pretty damn cheap.

It’s where we do all of our grocery shopping! It has some of the best prices of all chains in upstate IMO.

I have a P&CFresh that's 1.7 miles away, but then the nearest other choices are 5 miles away and even then the budget store there recently closed down. x3

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
I have a P&CFresh that's 1.7 miles away, but then the nearest other choices are 5 miles away and even then the budget store there recently closed down. x3
And this is why you should get a car. Unlike the UK, the US is way, way bigger in terms of just sheer landmass, not to mention distance. :p

Fallowfox

And this is why you should get a car. Unlike the UK, the US is way, way bigger in terms of just sheer landmass, not to mention distance. :p
I think the car cost might be bigger than the savings I'd make on food?
I have actually walked to those 5 mile-a-way shops a few times, in order to get things I can't get nearby. I carried a pumpkin back from one of them.

Unfortunately I was half way through learning to drive when I moved country, so I have to start again. I've been advised not to start until spring because this location has difficult winters.

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
I think the car cost might be bigger than the savings I'd make on food?
I have actually walked to those 5 mile-a-way shops a few times, in order to get things I can't get nearby. I carried a pumpkin back from one of them.

Unfortunately I was half way through learning to drive when I moved country, so I have to start again. I've been advised not to start until spring because this location has difficult winters.
Hmm. A bike with a backpack for groceries maybe?

I use a backpack all the time and that make it very easy to carry stuff. Free up your hands, too.

Also. You driving a car? I'd pay to see it. :p

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Aside from the "humble" bragging going on here as usual, preparing one's own meals from stock is generally much better on the bank account. Personally, I like to cook once every few days and make a big meal I can eat over the course of the next few days. Some of the biggest meals even last a week or more!

Home-cooking isn't very hard and should be much healthier than most other kinds of meals. All that I typically use is a large frying pan and a knife & cutting board which everyone should have in their own kitchens. I also recommend a rice cooker, as they're usually not very expensive and provide a very cost and storage effective food source. Rice is nutritious and works with many different meals, and in a rice cooker it is mindlessly simple to make.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
So far the most convincing AI works I've seen have been horror related, I wonder if it's uncanniness due to not being completely functional yet, or if these AI have no mouth but must scream
dfhqsc1-5f108952-12aa-43b8-b98c-955de6bf3092.jpg
dfhqsag-ae8bf4ac-71ec-4fbb-96bc-8f9b4ab421be.jpg
dfhqscu-449c1b3b-65eb-4057-b81f-be6a68b87555.jpg
dfhqscs-59964ef3-093e-4fc0-84d6-c49f0ff5b4a0.jpg

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
I actually haven't had as much fun in a while with a game as Ghostbusters Spirits Unleashed, although they need to hurry up and add more levels and ghosts etc, im quickly running out of achievements to get..LOL

Finn ^w^

Femboy Sharky stoopid-head
Man, I'm seeing a bunch of people here that I've never seen on faf before. And I've had multiple accounts here for a long time. Yeesh. Anyways, im Finn! A dum shork with no brain and an ambition.