• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Open Chat

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
It was indeed a very overhyped game but they've promised us the game since 2013. Said it'd come out in 2015 then in 2015 they said 2016. So the hype just kept getting bigger and bigger. xD And well to each their own. :3 It's definitly odd that in some scenes they voice act and in others they don't.
I guess it's a Japanese thing. Persona 4 (great game btw) also has it. A lot of the main dialogue is voice acted but smaller, less important dialogue isn't. But I can look over that because the story and writing is really good. That apple guy at the beginning of BOTW just made me wonder why exactly everybody is so excited for this.

Sogreth

Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer
I guess it's a Japanese thing. Persona 4 (great game btw) also has it. A lot of the main dialogue is voice acted but smaller, less important dialogue isn't. But I can look over that because the story and writing is really good. That apple guy at the beginning of BOTW just made me wonder why exactly everybody is so excited for this.

What are the Persona games even about? I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever even seen one. I heard a little bit....I think.

EDIT: I did a quick Google search. It's an RPG? How have I not played it before....

Charrburn

Resolute Dreamwalker
I'm not a hardcore Zelda fan tbh. I just love the games but it's not like I go through Zelda forums or anything. My biggest guess is though that he was a reference to the very first Zelda game. The hype was also because of it's an open world like Skyrim and less linear than the more recent games. So I think it's because of the waiting time and how Zelda went back to it's old roots. :3
I've heard a lot about Persona games but I've honestly never played or seen any. :oops:

Mystic Thunder

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus
ah, no one was interested in my conspiracy theory! What a shame. It took me a while to create it
Maybe because we've all seen a few too many for the next several months... but that's just a theory. A game theory! Aaaaaand cut!

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
I'm not a hardcore Zelda fan tbh. I just love the games but it's not like I go through Zelda forums or anything. My biggest guess is though that he was a reference to the very first Zelda game. The hype was also because of it's an open world like Skyrim and less linear than the more recent games. So I think it's because of the waiting time and how Zelda went back to it's old roots. :3
I've heard a lot about Persona games but I've honestly never played or seen any. :oops:

What are the Persona games even about? I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever even seen one. I heard a little bit....I think.
They are amazing games to be honest. I highly recommend looking up a playthrough of persona 3 or 4 (I prefer 4). It starts slow though :) but it's a really massive game (you play 365 days, one day at a time).
It's very Japanese... It's like when videogames and anime had sex, and Persona is their baby.
Persona 4 (my favorite) is about a serial murder case in a small rural town with no obvious cause of death (also it has a living bear mascot named Teddie). The protagonist (teenager of course, because Japan) accidentally finds an alternate dimension through the TV. After (again accidentally) entering the TV dimension with his friends they find out that the people that are being murdered were thrown into the TV world by the murderer. The TV world is a dark, dangerous place, and if you stay there too long, your innermost secret thoughts and desires manifest into a physical form called a Shadow, who will arrogantly and publically say them out loud. And when you deny those innermost thoughts (i.e. the thoughts you sometimes think but don't ever show or really mean) the shadow goes berserk and kills the host who is then returned to the normal world as a corpse with unknown cause of death. The only way to defeat your shadow is to accept it as a part of yourself. So it's kinda like a psychological, sci-fi, murder-mystery. And the battle system is just like any other JRPG, so it's kinda easy to pick up and play too.

There are lots of side things you can/have to do (like work and friggin homework and acing tests in school) but I won't talk about that. You do have to make friends with people to increase your social links with them. Having good social links is the key to becoming more powerful in the game, since you fight using your Persona (i.e. the power of the heart, and becoming friends with people strengthens your heart). It's kinda complicated but it's explained really well in game. The battles are fun but can definitely be challenging. The story is really good, and it'll take 70+ hours to complete. And then you have to do it all again in new game+ to get the secret ending. And then you have to do it all again and max out all social links to get the secret, secret ending.
But it's a really fun game, the English voice actors are really good (although they sometimes butcher the Japanese names, but enfin), awesome battle system, filled with humor but is at the same time serious and emotional, it has an overall great story.

Persona 4 is a really good game, Persona 3 is also really good (I still prefer 4 though). There's also a 26 episode anime show, if you don't have the money to buy the game (which is really expensive). That's really good too. It's called Persona 4 The Animation (very original). You can watch all episodes on gogoanime. The beginning is kinda weird though, you'll understand later, maybe... :D
P4GPoster.jpg

Charrburn

Resolute Dreamwalker
They are amazing games to be honest. I highly recommend looking up a playthrough of persona 3 or 4 (I prefer 4). It starts slow though :) but it's a really massive game (you play 365 days, one day at a time).
It's very Japanese... It's like when videogames and anime had sex, and Persona is their baby.
Persona 4 (my favorite) is about a serial murder case in a small rural town with no obvious cause of death (also it has a living bear mascot named Teddie). The protagonist (teenager of course, because Japan) accidentally finds an alternate dimension through the TV. After (again accidentally) entering the TV dimension with his friends they find out that the people that are being murdered were thrown into the TV world by the murderer. The TV world is a dark, dangerous place, and if you stay there too long, your innermost secret thoughts and desires manifest into a physical form called a Shadow, who will arrogantly and publically say them out loud. And when you deny those innermost thoughts (i.e. the thoughts you sometimes think but don't ever show or really mean) the shadow goes berserk and kills the host who is then returned to the normal world as a corpse with unknown cause of death. The only way to defeat your shadow is to accept it as a part of yourself. So it's kinda like a psychological, sci-fi, murder-mystery. And the battle system is just like any other JRPG, so it's kinda easy to pick up and play too.

There are lots of side things you can/have to do (like work and friggin homework and acing tests in school) but I won't talk about that. You do have to make friends with people to increase your social links with them. Having good social links is the key to becoming more powerful in the game, since you fight using your Persona (i.e. the power of the heart, and becoming friends with people strengthens your heart). It's kinda complicated but it's explained really well in game. The battles are fun but can definitely be challenging. The story is really good, and it'll take 70+ hours to complete. And then you have to do it all again in new game+ to get the secret ending. And then you have to do it all again and max out all social links to get the secret, secret ending.
But it's a really fun game, the English voice actors are really good (although they sometimes butcher the Japanese names, but enfin), awesome battle system, filled with humor but is at the same time serious and emotional, it has an overall great story.

Persona 4 is a really good game, Persona 3 is also really good (I still prefer 4 though). There's also a 26 episode anime show, if you don't have the money to buy the game (which is really expensive). That's really good too. It's called Persona 4 The Animation (very original). You can watch all episodes on gogoanime. The beginning is kinda weird though, you'll understand later, maybe... :D
Sounds awesome like an awesome game! Might have to look a bit into that. :3

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
Sounds awesome like an awesome game! Might have to look a bit into that. :3
They actually made very few copies of the game (especially Persona 3). So it's really rare and expensive. (like $150 expensive)
Persona 4 sold more so is therefore cheaper.
Persona 4 is a game from 2008 for the PS2 (now also for the PSP). I got it brand new last year still sealed. A PS2 game... Still sealed... Made me really happy for some reason. Also, with the PS2 game you get a CD which has most of the music from the game. Which brings me to the next point... The soundtrack is friggin awesome.

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Hello everybody how is yalls evening

Going stressful I have 2 pm's
  1. one person is struggling with the thought of death & i'm trying to help him because I got over it, but he doesn't want help from me.
  2. A person is stressed, because someone that struggles with competence of their own art is lashing out at them making them feel incompetent aswell.

Charrburn

Resolute Dreamwalker
They actually made very few copies of the game (especially Persona 3). So it's really rare and expensive. (like $150 expensive)
Persona 4 sold more so is therefore cheaper.
Persona 4 is a game from 2008 for the PS2 (now also for the PSP). I got it brand new last year still sealed. A PS2 game... Still sealed... Made me really happy for some reason. Also, with the PS2 game you get a CD which has most of the music from the game. Which brings me to the next point... The soundtrack is friggin awesome.
Wow xD Probably won't be able to afford Persona 3 then. Don't have a PSP or PS2 either so that's a problem. x3 Could probably check it out on youtube I bet there's lots of Let's Plays.