• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

[OPEN] Closed Species Monster Adopts

tumblr_oy76m1dFQD1vtfhsjo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_oy76m1dFQD1vtfhsjo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_oy76m1dFQD1vtfhsjo3_r1_1280.jpg

These are Koba, a closed species! Each is $25 or you can commission me for one of your own. Buyer will get the un-watermarked image and have all rights to the character. Message me if you’re interested.

These guys are highly adaptable and able to survive almost anywhere. They all originate from the same species, which evolved into subspecies based on the environment they were in. Mutations are usually environment based, however some can be genetic accidents. There are Koba for nearly every environment, I just haven’t designed them yet.

The species is as intelligent as humans, but their ability to speak English would depend on if they have tried to learn it or not. Some are more secluded, while others reside in large Koba towns. The species has no sexes, all have the same reproductive organs, the carrier of the young depends on preference. (If you have more questions on reproduction I can answer them privately).

Arctic - This subspecies has a thick layer of fat and fur to keep themselves warm in their colder habitat. Their paws are bigger to make it easier to walk on snow, and their big tail helps hide their eyes and nose from the winds when they sleep. They are usually only found in mating pairs or small groups.
Common mutations include: Changes in pattern, length of mane, and in rare cases color changes and a lack of hair. If the color is unsuited for the environment or the creature lacks hair, they will often have to migrate to other areas.

Swamp - This subspecies only has hair on their neck, which grows quite long. The rest of their body is a thick, leathery skin. The hair often tangles and collects algae, helping them blend in to their environment. They have gills on their necks, allowing them to breathe underwater. On land, the gills will close and they are able to breathe through their nose. The species can live on land for short amounts of time, but their skin will easily dry out and start to crack. They often gather in large underwater towns.
Common mutations include: Changes in pattern, length of mane, and in rare cases color changes.

Hairless - This subspecies can only exist as a mutation, or if two hairless individuals mate. They are quite rare because they can only occur from species with fur. Often times they will have to move out of their environment, or rely on a loved one to hunt for them. Their exposed skin makes them susceptible to sunburns.
Common mutations include: Different colored skin depending on the species it mutated from and occasionally small patches of hair.