• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

openCanvas 1.1 - Draw With Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittiara

Kitt
Purpose:

Wwwwell, I thought it'd be fun to try and make something that ISN'T a request or free art thread, since this forum's swamped with them.

I haven't OCed in a long time, but recently I've been thinking about how much I miss it. So this is what I think we should do...

People can meet in here and arrange times they're free, or what have you. Basically, we can schedule times when a bunch of people get together and draw, or people can check in here to see if anyone else is free to OC! (Yes, I wanted that to rhyme.)

Then we post the resulting insanity here for everybody to see. Don't hide! >:3

Say What? OC?

OC refers to openCanvas 1.1, which allows "Networking." That is to say, you can connect with others and draw on one big canvas! A lot like a paintchat.

Where can I get it?

Here's a link to download OC1.1 (free) and some information about it! :D

http://chibiace.orcon.net.nz/

(yak: alternative link)
http://www.furaffinity.net/files/opencanvas_v1.1_b68.exe

BY THE WAY, a common misconception about hosting is that OC lies to you and gives you the wrong IP. Go to whatismyip.com or something to get the right IP, if you're hosting.

But I can't connect/the network is shitty.

Try these:
http://www.hamachi.cc/
http://bw.ravenworks.ca/

More organization to come! Probably...

Ashi

[size=x-small]ILY! I was totally looking for a thread like this! This was my reason of joining FA Forums was to find OC buddies! Everyone on FA seems to have one cept me. Well.. I have my OC buddy Peppy, aka pepse, but she's on DA not FA. D:

But I' love to hook up and OC with ya peeps sometime! Currently, I am networking waiting for my friend peppy to come back. So I'm not drawing yet since it wouldn't show for her.. XD;[/size]

Kittiara

Kitt
It's a lot of fun when there're a bunch of people-- gets really cracked out. XD

Well, awesome, that's one person! X3 (Actually, visiting your gallery and seeing you mention OC in your user info or something made me want to make a thread instead of just think about OCing.)

Ashi

[size=x-small]I was thinking of doing so myself seeing the lackage here, but you beat me to it! the most I've ever OC'ed with is 3. XD;

But seriously, if anyone wants to join my Network, give my number a try!
IP: 24.220.107.100

I'm open right now~<3[/size]

Aheria

Beer, Beer, BEER!
Me and my 7 year old crappy tablet of death would like to. I could even do a bit this week, as my computer & tablet is hooked up still. Will be until friday.

Uhm, I can be IM'd and asked to doodle, or I'll just check in here. I suppose I"m available almost anytime.

I need to DL opencanvas though on my machine.

Kittiara

Kitt
I'm gonna try to connect to you, Ashi, at least for a bit.. XD

That'd be cool, Aheria, let's try and see if others are interested. :0 (I'm never on AIM... hahaa.. @_@)

Ashi

[size=x-small]Would love to have ya join Kit!

Well, I hate AIM with a passion. You won't find me on it. But I am on MSN 24/7 it appears. XD <3

Anyone can get ahold of me on that if they wish![/size]

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Sweet Jaysus.

I love oC sessions.
Feel free to holla if you want to have one with me, 'cause I'm usually up for one. :3

Plus, check this program out.
http://bw.ravenworks.ca/
Helps with the networking.
VERY helpful.

I have a session running if anyone wants to join.
(It's got the cache for the event, so don't worry about the usual oC follies.)

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Wolf E. Urameshi said:
I posted one above as well, Hamachi. But meh, anything works! ^^

Yeah, I think I've seen that before. Just not really sure how it works.

Didn't mean to like, make it look like I was tryin' one up your post or anything; not like it did though. @ w@''
You got yours out while I was still typin' mine. X3

Kittiara

Kitt
Well, Ashi's OC died (I think), or it booted me... I have to try some of the server helpers or whatever.

What's up, Rot-Fuchs, maybe I can attempt to help. ^^

Rot-Fuchs

Heads on sticks = win
Kittiara said:
Well, Ashi's OC died (I think), or it booted me... I have to try some of the server helpers or whatever.

What's up, Rot-Fuchs, maybe I can attempt to help. ^^
cant figure out how to work it... all words are scrambly weird... need directions... i get boxes plus signs and shapes o_O
how do i connect??

Kittiara

Kitt
Well, start by changing it to English. Go to the last option on the bar and it should have one little option checked off. Check the other one, and it'll switch to English.

As for connecting, once it's in English, go to "Network" --> "Show Networking Window" --> "Client" and then type in a nickname, disregard the password box, and then paste the person's IP into the Connect IP box.

Hope that helps!

Rot-Fuchs

Heads on sticks = win
Kittiara said:
Well, start by changing it to English.  Go to the last option on the bar and it should have one little option checked off.  Check the other one, and it'll switch to English.

As for connecting, once it's in English, go to "Network" --> "Show Networking Window" --> "Client" and then type in a nickname, disregard the password box, and then paste the person's IP into the Connect IP box.

Hope that helps!
says invalid argument #s etc... dont know... what happend? @_@?

Horrorshow said:
Wolf E. Urameshi said:
I posted one above as well, Hamachi. But meh, anything works! ^^

Yeah, I think I've seen that before. Just not really sure how it works.

Didn't mean to like, make it look like I was tryin' one up your post or anything; not like it did though. @ w@''
You got yours out while I was still typin' mine. X3

Ah, quite all right, no hard feelings. Just something that happened by coincidence. :D Besides, they're there to help. :)

Lyenuv

Balls
I'm almost always available for an OC session, as long as I'm not the only one drawing. I can host too, so anyone interested give me a note on FA or a PM on here.

Aheria

Beer, Beer, BEER!
I'm on right now if someone wants to join me. I like watching people draw and like making an arse out of myself by trying. : )

my number's 192.168.1.2

Horrorshow

Built for Sin!
Rot-Fuchs said:
i cant get it to work... am sad...

Maybe it's just a corrupt file?

Like, whenever I lost all of my stuff, I had to refind oC, and it took a while to get a working version. If you've got some time, just Google "oC11b72.exe". But then again, it might just be something else. D:

Aheria said:
I'm on right now if someone wants to join me. I like watching people draw and like making an arse out of myself by trying. : )

my number's 192.168.1.2

That kinda looks like a LAN IP to me, so you might need to check your firewall settings. But I'll give it a try regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.