• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

OPERATION: PARTY HARD on March 15th!

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Anonymous wants you to PARTY HARD with them on March 15th!

Over 7,000 Anonymous showed up at over 100 locations worldwide to protest Scientology on February 10th. Now, we must have OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND Anonymous to PARTY HARD for L. Ron Hubbard's birthday party on March 15th! Epic lulz will be had, Scientologist bricks shall be shat, and the foundation of this evil organization will be eroded further until it crumbles.

WARNING: Long post is looooooong. Headers in bold are provided for ease of navigation.

Q: Whoa, okay, I've seen the South Park episode about Xenu and stuff, but does that really make them evil?

A: YES! Well, no. Not quite. You see, what they believe is not the issue here. We support individual Scientologists' right to believe in whatever crazy stories they want to, but we oppose the organization. We encourage current Scientologists to seek out former Scientologists that still practice and teach Scientologist "tech" for free and without any affiliation to the Church of Scientology or other evil organizations.

The Church of Scientology is evil for numerous reasons, which can only be briefly summarized here. They charge exhorbitant fees for their services which only cost a nominal amount to supply, yet enjoy an undeserved tax-exempt status on their monumental profits. They ruthlessly harass their critics through litigious and defamatory means, seeking to "crush them utterly" (LRH's words). They have an appalling track record of human rights abuses, and are responsible for the death of Lisa McPherson and who knows how many others. Their followers, should they ever become disillusioned, find themselves trapped and unable to break free. A good summary can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversy.

Q: Wow, they really are evil! How do I join Anonymous? How can I help?

A: There is no "joining" of Anonymous. Everyone is already Anonymous, you must simply set aside your name.

The most important thing you can do is show up at your nearest protest location and PARTY HARD with Anonymous. To find out when and where that is, check the forums at Enturbulation, the central hub where the Anonymous protest groups for each city gather. If you have difficulty, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to get you in touch with Anonymous near you.

If you can't make it, or can but want to do even more, you can do the following:
  • Print fliers (pre-made fliers can be found at Enturbulation) and pin them to bulletin boards around town. Great option for college students.
  • Print business cards with the URL youfoundthecard.com and leave them everywhere you go.
  • Serve this post up as delicious copypasta anywhere with decent web traffic. If you have an LJ with a sizable friends list, that's a great place for it.
  • Tell all your friends and family and encourage them to spread the word.

Q: Okay, I'll PARTY HARD with Anonymous on March 15th! What should I know beforehand? What should I wear? What should I bring?

I strongly recommend you get in touch with your local Anonymous on Enturbulation. Ask them what they need most for the protest. Also watch this video to prepare yourself, especially if this is your first real-life demonstration. Do NOT park near the protest site, as you can be identified by your license plate.

Check with your local Anonymous for recommended dress code, otherwise just dress your best. Black suit jackets and dress pants are preferable, and only ten bucks at Savers or Goodwill. Wear comfortable shoes. For your own protection, wear a hat and a mask if they are legal in your state, preferably a V for Vendetta mask, or otherwise the plainest mask available to you, to hide your identity and stay Anonymous. If you can't find or afford a mask, or can't legally wear one, you can find surgical air-filtration masks at Wal-Mart, and these aren't illegal anywhere to the best of my knowledge (CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL ANONS TO BE SURE) and do a good job in hiding your lower face. Wear a pair of sunglasses to cover your eyes.

Good things to bring to protests are extra signs or the materials to make them on-site, extra fliers, extra masks (even just the air-filtration type), cameras, bottled water and other refreshments. Ask your local Anonymous if there is anything else they need more of for the protest.

Q: Where can I go for even more information?

http://www.enturbulation.org/, as mentioned, is Anonymous's current central hub. You can find almost anything you're looking for here.
irc://irc.partyvan.info/ channel #xenu is the Anonymous's major IRC network.
http://xenu.net/ is a good website run by a long-time critic of Scientology, Andreas Heldal-Lund, and has a lot of information about the Church of Scientology.
http://xenutv.com is the website of Scientologist critic Mark Bunker. You can watch videos of his past protests here to learn how to respond to Scientologists that approach you during the protest.[/url]
http://whyaretheydead.net/ tells the story of Lisa McPherson, a woman who died in Scientology's care. The coroner found that she was severely dehydrated, underweight, and covered in bruises and cockroach bites. Also lists other mysterious deaths Scientology was involved in.

If you have any questions, ask me! Thank you for reading, and PARTY HARD!

I know of a few places in Colorado where there will be Anons, however to my experiences the scientologists I've seen in my state are a violent and unpredictable lot.

So I think I'll stay home and await news of how the shit hit the fan. Good luck, Anons!

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I'd go to watch at the very least, but scientology does not exist in an organized manner here :p

Too many Rednecks. Ask one. You'll get a response "Sciuh-whut now? Ken it be feexed with duct taype?"

Lobar

RoseTheSexKitten said:
I know of a few places in Colorado where there will be Anons, however to my experiences the scientologists I've seen in my state are a violent and unpredictable lot.

So I think I'll stay home and await news of how the shit hit the fan. Good luck, Anons!

They won't dare get physical, because there will be lots of cameras on both sides and there will probably be a police officer on the scene to watch over things and prevent such a thing from happening.

Rilvor said:
I'd go to watch at the very least, but scientology does not exist in an organized manner here :p

Too many Rednecks. Ask one. You'll get a response "Sciuh-whut now? Ken it be feexed with duct taype?"

You'd be surprised, unless you're a long ways away from any major city. Anyone unsure if there's a protest nearby can PM me or check Enturbulation.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
I don't know if I'll go to mine.
I was going to but my mate had to pull out (job training) and now my 'plan' is screwed.

Lobar

Bokracroc said:
I don't know if I'll go to mine.
I was going to but my mate had to pull out (job training) and now my 'plan' is screwed.

If you needed a ride, ask around if you can ride share.

Bokracroc

Lobar said:
If you needed a ride, ask around if you can ride share.

Whattya I've been trying to do?
I have to convince them to cart a heavy-arse stereo until someone can pull up a trolley though. Then I have to get it home too.
Of course I don't have to use it (and just catch the bus in) but it would totally help.

Lobar

Esplender said:
Looks like fun. I'll ask some friends to come along. Edinburgh's a big place.

The 2/10 raid was a blast. There's nothing quite like being a part of a masked army descending upon an evil cult. It sure as hell beats an afternoon on the couch in front of the Xbox. Get as many of your friends as possible, not just your closest buddies, but your work friends, school friends, friends of friends, anyone that's cool to to hang with. What Anonymous needs most is moar Anonymous.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their body thetans.

Esplender

Lobar said:
Get as many of your friends as possible, not just your closest buddies, but your work friends, school friends, friends of friends, anyone that's cool to to hang with. What Anonymous needs most is moar Anonymous.

Way ahead of you. I'll meet you at the front line!
cooljw1.gif

Whirlaxis

unfortunately, my friends are the /b/tards that regard the new anonymous as the epitome of newfaggotry

i have my own reasons for supporting the downfall of the Co$, but even i am concerned over how many newfags are gonna follow us back to the chans when this is all over

I may not be able to go, My mom and my stepdad fully support me but my dad is throwing an absolute fit.

EDIT: But, don't worry, I actually posted this message on my local newspaper's forums along with directions how to get to the location in Colorado. Most of them don't know much about Anon or the internet for that matter, but man they really hate scientology. :wink:

Lobar

Whirlaxis said:
unfortunately, my friends are the /b/tards that regard the new anonymous as the epitome of newfaggotry

i have my own reasons for supporting the downfall of the Co$, but even i am concerned over how many newfags are gonna follow us back to the chans when this is all over

I'm an oldfag and I say Co$ is the ultimate lolcow. In their 50 years of existance, they've never been able to leave it alone. We've already been promoted by them from a cyber-terrorist group following both the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf to being the brainwashed army of an invading alien fleet. Anonymous has been called a lot of things by its enemies in the past, but this is a new height for lulz.

RoseTheSexKitten said:
I may not be able to go, My mom and my stepdad fully support me but my dad is throwing an absolute fit.

EDIT: But, don't worry, I actually posted this message on my local newspaper's forums along with directions how to get to the location in Colorado. Most of them don't know much about Anon or the internet for that matter, but man they really hate scientology. :wink:

What exactly is your dad's objection? If he's concerned for your safety, maybe propose that he come with you to the protest. It's a best-of-both-worlds solution: he can oversee your safety personally and Anonymous gets two more Anons among its ranks.

Thank you both for doing what you can!

Oh, there's none near enough to me to get to any of the protests. And my friend even made a boss mask out of a B-Dub's Chicken wing box and I found my hockey mask from my Jason costum. But Co$ is a major case of epic fail and I will protest them even if I must play the part of epic fail guy and protest outside of a McDonalds in Sylvania OH!

Lobar

KazukiFerret said:
Oh, there's none near enough to me to get to any of the protests. And my friend even made a boss mask out of a B-Dub's Chicken wing box and I found my hockey mask from my Jason costum. But Co$ is a major case of epic fail and I will protest them even if I must play the part of epic fail guy and protest outside of a McDonalds in Sylvania OH!

If there's no demonstration near you, your best line of attack is to just distribute flyers around town and leave youfoundthecard.com cards everywhere. Demonstrations have two effects, they get media attention, and they help to crack the walls in the Scientologists' Truman show that they're living in. Standing alone in front of a McDonald's isn't going to help either of those, so you may as well spread the word everywhere you go with fliers and cards.

Lobar

TheRedRaptor said:
Nuts... the lot of them.
Pity no one is hassling the Nambour "Church".
I may have turned up wearing a full-face welding mask and carring a placard with ? on it.

Is there a CoS in Nambour? If there is, post a topic on Enturbulation and hopefully get at least a token Anon force there. Any Anons are better than no Anons...there was one lone, brave Anon in Tokyo on 2/10.

If not, you could always road trip to Brisbane.

Bokracroc

TheRedRaptor said:
Can't do it by myself... I'm too distinctive. And I try to limit the footprints I leave online.

Your footprints are large enough already ;)

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
Rilvor said:

LOL Rilovr, that was cruel, yet kinda true. as i live in the woods out here in New Jersey, there are lots of rednecks, most of them aren't friendly

Lobar

Giving this thread one last bump before game-day operations tomorrow. I'll check the thread one more time late tonight after I get off work to answer any remaining questions.

I don't have very many masks, I was thinking about wearing a masquerade mask I have with beads that hang down over my face.

It is kinda fancy, but it certainly is interesting. I remember seeing someone dressed up as Jack Sparrow after all.