• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Opinions:Should you post your original species for all to view?

AnarchyTheRatDog

If you had a species that you created, and are proud of, and wanted to post it online, should you?

I am curious to others opinion on the matter.

Maugryph

Its a catch 22, There is always a chance that a person might get inspiration from your idea and and do their own variations, there is nothing you can do about it unless they copy your artwork blatantly. People steal, mix and reassemble ideas. However there is 'nothing new under the sun' so it's most likely that your critter is similar to what someone else has created already.

Keep in mind: It's almost impossible to improve as an artist if you never show your stuff to people to get their input.

Last edited:

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

PastryOfApathy

Well I don't know what the fuck else you'd do with it. Everyone subconsciously steals ideas even if they don't intend to so who gives a shit.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
What about a humanoid tiger like beast with digitigrade legs chitinous plates, scaled wings and a tail with a mace end that can grip stuff? that's Kinda-sorta origional. Actually I kinda want that now. WTF furries.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
If nobody else sees it, what's the point?