• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Option for a streaming announcement instead of posting submissions

ironblade87

Would it be possible to add an option that would allow users to send out a notification separate from submissions or journal notifications to cut down on dozens of deleted submissions or days to month old streaming posts? Possibly a notification page that isn't attached to the new submissions.

It would probably also help keep the site from being flooded with repeated submissions only to be deleted within hours while wasting bandwidth. Having that be an optional thing so users that don't keep up with streams can turn off notifications would be nice as well but honestly just having a separate list that cold be nuked instead of seeing a dozen or more submissions for stream advertisement would be amazing. I watch about 1222 users and get between 12-20 streaming submissions a day. With the amount of users on the site that do that, there's probably thousands of submissions that are needlessly uploaded and deleted a day.

Another possible idea, having a separate ych commission submission. Keep literally thousands of repetitive submissions down a day. Every one gets posted several if not dozens of times as "reminders" and it floods inboxes like nothing else. Just a couple of ideas on maybe how to trim down the site with some extra options.

This could also help artists find clientele that are actually looking for the service instead of getting glossed over and possibly un-watched for submission spamming.

Uluri

Lord of Potatoes
I'd like said Stream Announcement section to be displayed on front page, too, so that it could reach out to more than just my watchers.
One of the best things about when I stream is the new people I meet by being able to reach out to new eyes, and It would certainly suck
if a stream announcement system only reached out to my watchers.

I would also enjoy if we could have customized Stream Icon Notice. I like showcasing my favorite art for my stream banner more than
just text or my own icon. Because sometimes my icon is a stick figure, and people are choosy based on what visual is displayed during the ad.

...This could also help artists find clientele that are actually looking for the service instead of getting glossed over and possibly un-watched for submission spamming.

This, specifically. I know what the other artists here who share their art, whether they draw, paint, or photograph for a living or not, are doing so for both costless sharing of their work and free advertisement through that. I think I can count a dozen artists now who seem to post almost all YCH and streaming announcements, with a new picture here and there, and it does get tiresome after a while when to me, little or no actual content is put up with any frequency. I do understand that my own artwork is more for my entertainment and personal therapy, and sharing of it equally fun (I hope) when it's done, and I have yet to actually abandon ship on anyone as a +Watcher because of this...but it's been happening with such frequency, to the exclusion of very little new art going up regularly, that I've been sorely tempted more than once frequently. I mean, if what a given artist wants is paid commissioning and the like, and I know my funds and intent aren't geared to that happening, am I really in the right place as a +Watcher of someone thus?

I'm not trying to complain, but it would make a lot more sense (for me, anyway) to have a separate 'service' or 'stream listing' for YCH's or streaming. I have no practical interest in either, and it just clogs up the pig juicer, if it were.

-2Paw.

ironblade87

Wondering if replies bump threads back to the front. Would love to hear an answer as to whether there can be a streaming category to stop having to dump 60 submission has been deleted notifications and several 48 hour old streaming pics.

FormerUser

Yes replies bump topics.

Also i believe that feature is being worked on for the currently stalled rewrite (Read "Phoenix" project)
There are several scripts that users have written which add this feature and allow you to separate the submissions or identify them differently, however none are officially supported by FA

luffy

Administrator
Staff Member
We have more pressing issues to tend to, but we keep our eyes on the suggestions forum. We appreciate all the input you guys give us.

If you put "stream" into a journal title, it highlights it in your watchers' notifications, so keep your eye out for those, at least.

FormerUser

We have more pressing issues to tend to, but we keep our eyes on the suggestions forum. We appreciate all the input you guys give us.

If you put "stream" into a journal title, it highlights it in your watchers' notifications, so keep your eye out for those, at least.
I would beg to ask what they were, but i am not in for the drama.

luffy

Administrator
Staff Member
I would beg to ask what they were, but i am not in for the drama.
It's not anything dramatic. It's just updates that affect infrastructure or areas more important than cosmetics and preferences, is all.