• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Re: Obama Bin Laden is Dead

The one where they only seem to laugh in a bad way when I actually care. Y'know, it's really sad how fucking predictable a thread about bin Laden's death goes. I saw this coming like pretty much the day after 9/11. He'd eventually be found, most likely be killed, and whatever douchebag forum I'd be wasting valuable time and herb on would talk about the fucking subject for all of 15 minutes tops before they'd focus their thoughts/energy on saying who they really hate more than the man himself - each other.

This. Can't THIS this enough. It's like reverse evolution. Everything in a thread like this turns to fuck.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?

He deserved to live because he has a right to. Y'know, that whole "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" deal.

Funny, considering the fact that by his own words and actions, he proved that he was against those things for pretty much everyone else. Besides, that's an American thing, and we're the "Great Satan", remember?

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF

He deserved to live because he has a right to. Y'know, that whole "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" deal.

You do realize that only really applies to American citizens right?

Not being all "FUCK YEAH AMERICA", but that's a distinctly American concept that is perpetuated by the government because they mandate it so. Other governments really don't. Bin Laden certainly wasn't living within our jurisdiction whilst in either Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Xegras

Peerat
Has Trump asked for a Certificate of Death yet?

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas

The one where they only seem to laugh in a bad way when I actually care. Y'know, it's really sad how fucking predictable a thread about bin Laden's death goes. I saw this coming like pretty much the day after 9/11. He'd eventually be found, most likely be killed, and whatever douchebag forum I'd be wasting valuable time and herb on would talk about the fucking subject for all of 15 minutes tops before they'd focus their thoughts/energy on saying who they really hate more than the man himself - each other.
I dunno. FAF's never killed my buzz. Then again, it is the good shit. But yeah, this is the only way it was gonna go down.

Molotov

I should go.
If there is one thing I am glad for, it is that the neighbors have stopped popping their fireworks and stopped cheering in celebration outside their homes. Wish the helicopter(s) would land already, that would be perfect for me to get my good sleep for tomorrow morning.

A lot of stuff to do. Good night.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified

Funny, considering the fact that by his own words and actions, he proved that he was against those things for pretty much everyone else. Besides, that's an American thing, and we're the "Great Satan", remember?
And we are incapable of rising above that? Goddamn.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt

This man has done so many terrible things on a global scale. Why do you think he deserves to live? What has he done that has affected our world positively?

He helped put quite a lot of nutrients back in to US soil. That's good for all the graveyard plants. How can he be bad if he liked flowers?

Ilayas

Not being all "FUCK YEAH AMERICA", but that's a distinctly American concept that is perpetuated by the government because they mandate it so. Other governments really don't. Bin Laden certainly wasn't living within our jurisdiction whilst in either Afghanistan or Pakistan.

This is a poor argument against icky's coment. A much better argument is that we deprive our own citizens of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness all the time when they break our laws and then are punished for them. In some states we even kill our own citizens for their crimes.

8-bit

I stopped caring about finding him years ago.

But was it really worth it? Not talking about morally, but all that money that was blindly throw at any hint of catching Osama.

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Fighter of the Nightman
Celebrate the fact that Osama can't harm anyone else. That is worth celebrating. Not in the death, but in the lives that were saved because Osama is gone.

That same excuse has been used by armies and militias who pillage and annihilate people to "protect their own." Because we're extremely ignorant beings, and to say otherwise is even more ignorant, our judgment is inferior.

I cannot agree to that. I am sorry, but in absolute honesty I confess that I cannot possibly defend, condone, or accept the idea that death was "deserved" or the best thing in these circumstances. The most realistic, sure, but not the best. Not the best at all.
And we can rave about how evil he is, but genuinely he is still human, no human deserves death. I apologize that I am unable to compromise on this objective moral fact. Though we mete out death as a punishment it is still inherently and morally wrong to kill another person. Yes they killed "us" and "we" killed "them", but in the end it's just people killing people and we shouldn't. I swaer to whatever god or moral tenets you hold, we should not be killing other people.

I'm finding myself agreeing with Deo. Who are we to judge our fellow man? Because we think we have superior judgment? Violence begets violence. People are saying "it's different." No it's not. And this board proves it. I don't' know how many people on here have used petty excuses to justify killing someone else.

JadeFire

Mmm...gunpowder...

But was it really worth it? Not talking about morally, but all that money that was blindly throw at any hint of catching Osama.
It's better we wasted the money and got him then having wasted then not.

Darkwing

No. Don't shift this onto me. Defend your own views. WHY does he deserve to die?

Have you not read any of my posts? He's responsible for the deaths of thousands, he is responsible for a whole bunch of terrorist attacks launched not just here, but all across the world. He's responsible for the attack that ignited this entire war, and gloated about his attacks for years. How many times do I have to say this to you?

I already answered your question like three times now. Now answer mine, why should we keep him alive, other than to gather intelligence?

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Respect, in my eyes, is earned, not given. The man has done nothing to gain my respect, and much to gain my contempt. I'm sorry we can't agree on this subject, but there's nothing you can say that will convince me that he got any less then he deserved, and vice versa.

I'm going to bed now... this thread has already caused me to "this" a Ruhk post, which means I need to get away before the universe implodes.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF

This is a poor argument against icky's coment. A much better argument is that we deprive our own citizens of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness all the time when they break our laws and then are punished for them. In some states we even kill our own citizens for their crimes.

It's really not considering the ideological values placed upon what we as American citizens hold dear to us and what was perpetuated by al-Qaeda and anti-Western countries. al-Qaeda and its members themselves don't believe or would even begin to give "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" the time of day because the only thing that matters to them is killing infidels in the name of Allah, and death to anyone who doesn't conform to the will of the theocratic rule of their sect of Islam.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~

No. According to Locke, who we all know came up with that concept, they were the three universal rights. They applied to any man, not just the good guys.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas

No. According to Locke, who we all know came up with that concept, they were the three universal rights. They applied to any man, not just the good guys.
In reality, nobody but people with money to back their shit up have them.

Jesie

I'M A WINNER

And we are incapable of rising above that? Goddamn.

No. When you boil it down we're all angry apes, nothing more.

Also, I was in school when this happened. THAT WAS A LONG ASS TIME AGO.

It's called a quip, Not a slooooope.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified

Have you not read any of my posts? He's responsible for the deaths of thousands, he is responsible for a whole bunch of terrorist attacks launched not just here, but all across the world. He's responsible for the attack that ignited this entire war, and gloated about his attacks for years. How many times do I have to say this to you?

I already answered your question like three times now. Now answer mine, why should we keep him alive, other than to gather intelligence?
We should keep him alive because it is wrong to kill him. How do I explain such a fundemental pillar of morality? If you don't already understand it and the concepts derived from it?

In it's most basic form it is wrong to kill people, and no one deserves death. There is no justifying shooting a man in the head. No matter his actions, there is no justifying further violence.

Teneba

Honestly, I don't think so. I was so disappointed when a US soldier had Osama in his sights and was told to hold his fire. He could've ended it there, years ago. I don't remember how long ago it was, but I believe it has been more than two years, which would have saved a lot of time and money. Not that the work is done...the Al Qaida still exists and remains to be disassembled.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Are there any actual links between Bin Laden and 9/11 other than him gloating a bit about it and claiming responsibility? It's still not even clear that things happened how they say it did. There are pictures and eyewitness reports that conclusively prove there were no planes that day. How can he be responsible when his version of events doesn't match up with the reality?

Delta

Fun times in FAFylon
No.
We do not dehumanize. When people demonize and dehumanize each other it ends in more bloodshed. Everyone is a person, everyone has basic human rights. It is childish to pretend that he is a monster in order to defend our sick glorification of his death.

Thanks mom.
This would have been useful a couple hundred thousand years ago.
Your message comes far too late, Deo.

Ilayas

It's really not considering the ideological values placed upon what we as American citizens hold dear to us and what was perpetuated by al-Qaeda and anti-Western countries. al-Qaeda and its members themselves don't believe or would even begin to give "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" the time of day because the only thing that matters to them is killing infidels in the name of Allah, and death to anyone who doesn't conform to the will of the theocratic rule of their sect of Islam.

Just because some one has a different belief system and or lives in a different country does not give Americans free reign to do what ever they want to them because they are not American and do not share our beliefs. Which unless I am not understanding your statement seems to be what you are saying. If you wish to believe that a terrorist should be killed because of their actions that is a different matter. But justify doing harm because they believe something different then you and live in a different country then you is a very poor argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.