• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
So, Osama Bin Laden is finally dead. Good Riddance. However, did killing this guy will really change everything? No. Chances are, there are thousands of guys who are just like him, more or less.

Justice was served. I also think if there were "thousands" of guys just like him, we'd be living in a real apocalypse.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
It's not that, it's the giant deluge of trite, useless journalism we should be bawwing about. But you're like .5 on the badness scale. Really. I think I'd rate about an 11.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Just gonna throw my own honest view that it's a moral obligation to kill and/or torture... in some cases.

I view things in the grander scale. Lets call it "Total sum of happiness". If an individual is killing or even influencing others to take lives and therefore taking away from this total sum, then it's a moral obligation to terminate those individuals. Through inaction you are allowing the total sum to diminish. As for torture, same applies for any group or individuals who have to be forced into revealing information that will lead to saving/sparing this total sum. I'm the guy that wouldn't hesitate to take a [negative] life to save another [positive] life, even more-so when it's one life to save countless others. It's just the math and making sure to make choices that maintain or even maximize the total sum of happiness.

I would fully agree with you if we were talking about comic book super villains. Were you aware that they think of themselves as the good guys and America as the bad guys? This is a clusterfuck of "we deserve life more than you because we decided we are better."

Iudicium_86

Just another artist
Taken from another forum, which in turn taken from another forum, and said to be taken from tumblr...
[Dammit, why does IMG code have to be off >.< ]

Osama is dead.

So troops can come home now?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9o7s8dzph1qbf2ys.gif

Are gas prices going down?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9o7upvLpi1qc87wk.gif

Is airport security gonna stop cavity searching on the regular?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9o7v46S811qc87wk.gif

Is the war over?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9dotzYycR1qadtw8.gif

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
This is also important. Osama was of almost no threat. He was killed as a trophy, he was killed for revenge, a way to appease the masses cry for blood.

He was also a wanted man for being responsible for the deaths of US national abroad and attacks on federal facilities. Osama was killed in the act of apprehension.

If it wasn't readily apparent, our military actions abroad haven't been solely about Bin Laden. If they were, I'd agree with you he was just a war trophy for us. But in the midst of everything else that's been going on in Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq, we had reliable intel which pinpointed his position. The opportunity for a military option was available to take Osama in, dead or alive.

I highly doubt, if any of us were in Obama's position, that we'd simply say "let's let this one slide." We took the opportunity, Bin Laden and his people resisted, and he inevitably was shot and killed. This happens when apprehending armed and dangerous suspects. Look at the 1997 North Hollywood Shootout as an example. When you're dealing with two forces with military grade weaponry, chances are someone's not going to make it out alive.

Would we have liked to have taken him alive? Probably. But as you've admitted, this was a virtual impossibility given the situation. This isn't about trophies. This was about apprehending an international criminal who wouldn't be taken alive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember there being much of a fervor for Bin Laden's blood the past couple of years and this news came out of left field on us.

virus

TROLLUS MAXIMUS
Osama has been dead for 9 years. He died of kidney failure in 2002. They have it on record. In 2003 reports went out that they may use his death for propaganda. So instead of letting that bomb off early they put him on ice literally until today.

You won't see the body, you'll never see the body. You'll only get shitty photoshops.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

WolfGuy100

Deo, I do understand how do you feel about this, but it HAD to be done. Either he had to be captured or killed.

Now, my turn to say something here. I'm glad he's dead for good although, Obama did what Bush couldn't do. Obama sent a special team to get him and it took him about two years to prepare that! Bush is just a fucking retard and sent troop to Iraq for no reason and spent money on that, causing our economy to go bad. I'm glad I voted for Obama since I knew something good would come out from him. Obama worked hard on that while Bush did nothing, only just sit and spin in his chair.

Teneba

There is no good out of killing a man, and there is no right to kill another human being. And further on that it is disgusting to not only deprive someone of life, but to take pleasure from it and celebrate it.

Think about what you're saying just for a moment. Did you talk to anyone personally about what their feelings are on this outcome? Did they all say "YEAH I HATED THE FUCKER GLAD HES DEAD LETS PARTY NOW WOOOO!!"

Honestly, It wouldn't surprise me at all if only a small 20-30% of the population with a positive reaction to this have that mentality. I know that for myself, as I stated earlier, I feel a sense of relief and justice, but now I mostly just feel plain. Today is a new day, and what's done is done. I don't feel like celebrating or cheering, but I do feel like taking a sigh of relief.

Also, it's very clear that you have your views and at least here, it seems to be a minority view... But trying to make people change to your opinion by telling them they're wrong, stupid or a moron is counter productive, and does not help your cause. Just agree to disagree.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Think about what you're saying just for a moment. Did you talk to anyone personally about what their feelings are on this outcome? Did they all say "YEAH I HATED THE FUCKER GLAD HES DEAD LETS PARTY NOW WOOOO!!" I don't feel like celebrating or cheering, but I do feel like taking a sigh of relief.
I'm moreso reacting to local events. 1,500 people celebrated, many cloaked in Amercian flags lit fireworks, sounded of megaphones and air horns, and sang "God Bless America" from roughly 12pm to 3 am here.
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/collection_517035d6-7481-11e0-b0ed-001cc4c03286.html

Also, it's very clear that you have your views and at least here, it seems to be a minority view... But trying to make people change to your opinion by telling them they're wrong, stupid or a moron is counter productive, and does not help your cause. Just agree to disagree.
So as a minority viewpoint I should silence myself and allow you all to continue your circle jerk? I'm not here to change opinions, though I do hope, but I'm here to make you think on your actions, your reactions, and your morality. And some of the things people have said were moronic, and I will continue to point out other things as stupid if people continue to say them.

Killing Bin Laden was like kicking a hornet's nest down a hill, knocking over a pile of hornets nests at the bottom.
We just killed Al Qaeda's leader. They are going to want revenge, treating Osama as a martyr for the cause, and will attack us with more firepower than before.
You think 9/11 was bad? I suspect it's about to get far worse.

Randy-Darkshade

I'm moreso reacting to local events. 1,500 people celebrated, many cloaked in Amercian flags lit fireworks, sounded of megaphones and air horns, and sang "God Bless America" from roughly 12pm to 3 am here.
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/collection_517035d6-7481-11e0-b0ed-001cc4c03286.html

I have to agree. Celebrating his death in that way imo, makes them no better than he was.

So as a minority viewpoint I should silence myself and allow you all to continue your circle jerk? I'm not here to change opinions, though I do hope, but I'm here to make you think on your actions, your reactions, and your morality. And some of the things people have said were moronic, and I will continue to point out other things as stupid if people continue to say them.

In my opinion, if he was taken alive and tried for his crimes, he would have likely been sentenced to death. I feel the US troops did what they felt was necessary. If I was a cop or in the military and I had a gun pointed at me I'm going to fire mine to protect myself.

Teneba

Well, then I hope the majority of those people were in the right state of mind and not the mentality you've been talking about. And no, I'm not telling you to stop trying to state your opinion, but you can't honestly say that your opinion is fact, when it's really just an opinion (or a moral belief...same thing really)

Randy-Darkshade

Well, then I hope the majority of those people were in the right state of mind and not the mentality you've been talking about. And no, I'm not telling you to stop trying to state your opinion, but you can't honestly say that your opinion is fact, when it's really just an opinion (or a moral belief...same thing really)

Those who are out celebrating a humans death obviously have no morale.

Status
Not open for further replies.