• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Oh god I am NOT looking forward to all the annoying flag-waving, blind nationalism, and the having 9/11 crammed down my throat again. Not like it's going to bring anyone that died over the past 10 years because of all this back to life, or revive our fallen economy due to the huge investment in it, or bring back those who are still stationed over there.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Thank GOD I don't have cable TV.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
Maybe it wasn't possible for him to be captured alive? Honestly, do you think he would've even gone along quietly? He probably doesn't even cherish this life and would endure any amount of interrogation & torture without talking. Also, if he was released back into Pakistan for the (non Al Qaida) citizens to take care of him, they most likely would've hanged him. Remember, that's exactly what happened to Saddam.
NO ONE READS.
GAH.
I said it was unlikely, but I had hoped he could be captured alive. I knew it probably wasn't possible. And I spoke against torture. And if you could read/did read you'd know that because I already said it, TWICE.

And I never said release him. Where the fuck did you get that from? Stop spewing bullshit and making shit up. Learn to read and comprehend what I type or stop replying to me.

Darkwing

No. No one deserves to die. Ever. No exceptions. Never compromise on the important tenets of morality. You try to say he deserves death, but for what? To sate your need for revenge? To make this war seem as if it had a point? To justify the ransack and bloodshed over the decade? No.

So what should we do with him? Keep him in jail for the rest of his life and have our money go to keeping him alive? Fuck that shit, he's killed thousands of our own people in our own soil. If that doesn't justify death than what does?

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
. Revenge brings nothing but bitter death.

He's already dead. There WILL be consequences in terms of Muslim-extremists retaliating in protest, celebrations or not. But I see your point, death is a bad thing and justice will always be better. Just making an observation.

Xegras

Peerat
We agree to take drones and other such material out of Pakistan.

Week later we found Osama and killed him. He was given to us by Pakistan.

<.<

>.>

That's about all I can say without getting in trouble.

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I honestly wish I knew. I am trying though, right now, in attempting to stop this vicious cycle of revenge, hatred, and dehumanizing; at least in this small sphere of the internet. I'll see what I can do tommarrow, I just bet there'll be a rally or something on central campus, and I'll try to convince others to drop their hatred there as well. Perhaps that is the best I can do. I will strive for more, and I hope that in turn my efforts will impact others and inspire them to change and to give their voices against violence and barbarism.
Well, I wish you good luck, you do have a good message, but I don't envy anyone who tries to preach temperence to fools. It'll be interesting to see who all's down at ye olde protest spot. I might cruise by and see how people feel.

We could question him. We could use him as a lure. We could use him as a negotiating leverage (not much though due to his lack of current influence). But live capture would be better than him dead. When he is dead he becomes a token to the cause, he becomes a rallying point, he becomes a way to say "Look at how barbaric those people are in how they glorify a man's death!" And again, I did not wish him dead. I believe no one deserves to die.
A live capture of a person that influential would be horrible for us. Scandals about handling of prisoners, the inevitably useless questionings, probably propaganda from him in court or on trial. Even then, he'd be convicted dead bang, and we'd kill him. Either way, there'll be an explosion, this way, there's less drama, impromptu "trial" aside.

Last edited:

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I would like to point out that this is not the time for people to be gloating like idiots or celebration. Like I had said in my journal it's going to be one of two things in the near future. A: like cutting off the head of a snake or :B like cutting the head off a hydra. Either way it's very highly possible that there is going to be a counter-lash from this and many people will die. It's something to think about.

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
I'm dreading tomorrow because it's just gonna be photo montages with cheery music playing.

And non-stop replays of Obama's speech alongside the video footage of people cheering in front of the White House.

Teneba

I'll see what I can do tommarrow, I just bet there'll be a rally or something on central campus, and I'll try to convince others to drop their hatred there as well. Perhaps that is the best I can do. I will strive for more, and I hope that in turn my efforts will impact others and inspire them to change and to give their voices against violence and barbarism.

I'm just gonna say this now. If you really honestly try to disrupt a rally celebrating his death, people will think you're an Al Qaida apologist and you might get hurt. I'm not saying I want you to get hurt, but big mobs have a very simplistic mentality, and morals kind of fly out of the window in those situations.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Y'know I read this interesting essay exploring a theory I had for a while about Jesus. My theory was that Jesus was essentially an adoptee, in that while Mary was indeed his mother, Joseph wasn't and his true biological father was a Roman. So growing up with that knowledge, and the reality that his "impure" blood and his illegitimate status both made him a scapegoat and fundamentally incompatible with his family contributed greatly to his worldview and philosophy. But the essay took it a step further and surmised that whether purposely or subconsciously, he drove the Romans and Jews alike to hate, reject and murder him, to make the deeply held belief he had about his lot in life a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think everyone should remember, if you think Jesus was generally a good guy and not deserving of what he had to experience in life or in death, why would you want to put someone else in his place? If you admire or even worship him, again, why would you want to put someone else in his place, since obviously an evil, irredeemable monster shouldn't have anything in common with your messiah, right? That's essentially what you're doing, whether or not you want to admit it. Jesus may or may not have somehow orchestrated his own martyrdom, but one thing's for certain. He either had an intuitive, intimate knowledge of how mob mentality works and used it to both create his own following and his own, consciously or subconsciously desired end, or it happened because humans are at their worst when in groups and ruled purely by base emotion. And if the latter is more true, it was out of both his hands and theirs. I'd like to believe we've become slightly better in that regard. We shouldn't try to create scapegoats anymore than we try to create martyrs, because it turns out both involve pretty much the same fucking thing, and it always means humanity has become the thing it hates.

Smart_Cookie

I baked y'all an apple pie!
Well, I wish you good luck, you do have a good message. It'll be interesting to see who all's down at ye olde protest spot. I might cruise by and see how people feel.

It'll be hard for her to get her message out, with moral relativists like Rukh trying to bring her down.

Deo

So all those people who tried to assassinate Hitler were doing wrong then? Or just the fact that by saying what you did, all the Nazi's tried at Nuremberg that were condemned to death was wrong? Or anytime the world holds a trial on the basis of crimes against humanity and condems the said person to death for the crime, Apparently that is wrong too.
Again more Nazi references. Okay I'll play.
I do not think that anyone deserves to die. You are firm in your beliefs Rukh, and I am firm in mine. Even Hitler. I will stand by that. EVEN HITLER. Death sentence is not the answer. It is merely a more politically correct way of sating our blood lust and thirst for revenge. No one deserves to die. (I think I've repeated that enough for even you to be able to comprehend it with your reading skills).

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
And replays of Obama's speech alongside the video footage of people cheering in front of the White House.

Well, at least they'll stop replaying the wedding of Prince William and Kate.

Rouz

Nothing New Under the Sun
I'm just gonna say this now. If you really honestly try to disrupt a rally celebrating his death, people will think you're an Al Qaida apologist and you might get hurt. I'm not saying I want you to get hurt, but big mobs have a very simplistic mentality, and morals kind of fly out of the window in those situations.

A person is smart, people are stupid.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
We agree to take drones and other such material out of Pakistan.

Week later we found Obama and killed him. He was given to us by Pakistan.

<.<

>.>

That's about all I can say without getting in trouble.

ಠ_ಠ

Deo

So what should we do with him? Keep him in jail for the rest of his life and have our money go to keeping him alive? Fuck that shit, he's killed thousands of our own people in our own soil. If that doesn't justify death than what does?
Nothing does. There is no justifying killing a man. Why do you so desperately seek out a means of justifying death?

R

Rukh_Whitefang

Re: Obama Bin Laden is Dead

Hey interesting fact time: May 1st 1945, Adolf Hitler was announced dead.

May 1st 2011, Osama Bin Laden announced dead.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?

Xegras

Peerat

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats

Hey interesting fact time: May 1st 1945, Adolf Hitler was announced dead.

May 1st 2011, Osama Bin Laden announced dead.

Google damn it, for the love of all things not murry purry and rainbow vomit please don't go into any conspiracy theory mode.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?

Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler Hitler!
`

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Y'know I read this interesting essay exploring a theory I had for a while about Jesus. My theory was that Jesus was essentially an adoptee, in that while Mary was indeed his mother, Joseph wasn't and his true biological father was a Roman. So growing up with that knowledge, and the reality that his "impure" blood and his illegitimate status both made him a scapegoat and fundamentally incompatible with his family contributed greatly to his worldview and philosophy. But the essay took it a step further and surmised that whether purposely or subconsciously, he drove the Romans and Jews alike to hate, reject and murder him, to make the deeply held belief he had about his lot in life a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think everyone should remember, if you think Jesus was generally a good guy and not deserving of what he had to experience in life or in death, why would you want to put someone else in his place? If you admire or even worship him, again, why would you want to put someone else in his place, since obviously an evil, irredeemable monster shouldn't have anything in common with your messiah, right? That's essentially what you're doing, whether or not you want to admit it. Jesus may or may not have somehow orchestrated his own martyrdom, but one thing's for certain. He either had an intuitive, intimate knowledge of how mob mentality works and used it to both create his own following and his own, consciously or subconsciously desired end, or it happened because humans are at their worst when in groups and ruled purely by base emotion. And if the latter is more true, it was out of both his hands and theirs. I'd like to believe we've become slightly better in that regard. We shouldn't try to create scapegoats anymore than we try to create martyrs, because it turns out both involve pretty much the same fucking thing, and it always means humanity has become the thing it hates.
Those who shake the tree are often laid low by falling coconuts. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down. Self fulfilling martyrs suck.

It'll be hard for her to get her message out, with moral relativists like Rukh trying to bring her down.
It makes me sad to think that people would actually rally behind his "logic".

Status
Not open for further replies.