• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Other payment options besides Paypal..?

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
You're hurting yourself and your customers by not using PayPal

If you insist. You can go with Western Union or Wire Transfer but expect tons of trouble

You're hurting yourself and your customers by not using PayPal

If you insist. You can go with Western Union or Wire Transfer but expect tons of trouble
It's not that I don't want to use paypal, it's that I'm currently not allowed to. And if Western Union and Wire Transfer will cause trouble then I definitely don't wanna use them xD I'm hoping to be able to convince my parents to be able to use Paypal, but If I can't I'm hoping to find an alternative that's just as good.

The reason I am not allowed to use paypal: A banker I know said it wasn't secure, he was telling me how (for example) if Person A buys my art and ends up not liking it, they can take the money they payed me back and still have the art.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
It's not that I don't want to use paypal, it's that I'm currently not allowed to. And if Western Union and Wire Transfer will cause trouble then I definitely don't wanna use them xD I'm hoping to be able to convince my parents to be able to use Paypal, but If I can't I'm hoping to find an alternative that's just as good.

The reason I am not allowed to use paypal: A banker I know said it wasn't secure, he was telling me how (for example) if Person A buys my art and ends up not liking it, they can take the money they payed me back and still have the art.
I've heard different back then there was a policy in PayPal stating that digital goods are not covered by seller protection program but I believe that changed now

I've heard different back then there was a policy in PayPal stating that digital goods are not covered by seller protection program but I believe that changed now
So, do you believe it would be safe and secure for me to use PayPal, also if you use it (I'm assuming you do) have you ever had any problems like the one I stated above? (someone paying then taking the money back but keeping the art/said item)

S

Sergei Sóhomo

So, do you believe it would be safe and secure for me to use PayPal, also if you use it (I'm assuming you do) have you ever had any problems like the one I stated above? (someone paying then taking the money back but keeping the art/said item)
Every artist I've dealt with uses paypal

As long as you keep information around you have a good chance of covering yourself should that one little shit decide to chargeback

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
All things considered, paypal is the best option. If you want another level of security, you can make invoices. Just know invoices charge a percentage fee out of the payment. But I have heard it protects you, the artist, and is easier for the buyer as well.

Yogoat

But dogs shouldn't eat chocolate...
I've always gotten the vibe that reputation is critical in this community. If someone were to swindle you by taking their money back from you after you finish and deliver their product, their reputation is at risk. They can get busted easily on Artists Beware and similar. They could try making new accounts and hiding, but man, there are some clever cats out there who can find that new account and link it up with their old, tarnished name.

If you're really concerned about it though, you could always print the digital good out and ship it to them. That kind of stuff is more protected under Paypal, right?

D

DaWaffleWolf

I've always gotten the vibe that reputation is critical in this community. If someone were to swindle you by taking their money back from you after you finish and deliver their product, their reputation is at risk. They can get busted easily on Artists Beware and similar. They could try making new accounts and hiding, but man, there are some clever cats out there who can find that new account and link it up with their old, tarnished name.

If you're really concerned about it though, you could always print the digital good out and ship it to them. That kind of stuff is more protected under Paypal, right?
So true

Folhester

Smutty Scribbler
Never had a bad client!
Artists are usually most likely to run away with the money / cancel at the last minute, hence Paypal's buyer protection.

Though if one of your commissionners unfairly tries to get their money back, you still got the original PSD file. Every commissionner, honest or not, wants a unique piece of art: exploit that.
Tweak your file and publish it as a PTU base or a YCH several people can claim. That way you get your work paid, and the first commission you gave to the scammer totally loses its value!

James Fitz

Just a furry grunt
I use a service called Navy Federal for transfers but dont use it as a replacement for PayPal as Navy Fed is VERY selective (only service members and their families can use it) but ye... stick to PayPal if you can. Its not only used the most, it's an easy way to transfer from different bankers.

Rumby

Google Wallet? Though it's US only.

There's stripe too but I haven't tried it because apparently the set up is not as easy as Paypal but heard commiss.io & etsy uses it so if you decide to use either site you could try stripe there.

There's also Payoneer. But I have not tried that. Someone said it's a bit slower for payments to process though.

And I guess DeviantArt Points if you have a DA can work. But it's really only good for buying and selling commissions/adopts/ych on DA, but the wait to convert points from commission widget to real currency takes 15 days and well DA takes 20% so it's kind of a bummer compared to the others.

Last edited: