• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

(Adopt/Character) Selling: OTTER ADOPTS!!!! (SOLD OUT)

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
Fruit Punch was first to approach the water.

“You’re absolutely, one hundred percent sure we can swim, right?” Winter Fresh questioned cautiously.

“I bet it’s ingrained in us,” Fruit Punch took their first steps into the river.

The water felt natural somehow. So much homier than dry land. They could practically hear it tell them to dive in and play.

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Very cute, these otter be sellin fast

Doodle Bunny

They dove under the water as the other two watched anxiously from the bank. Fruit Punch popped back up, floating on their back with a big smile.

“It’s the easiest thing in the world! You guys should come in!” Fruit Punch called eagerly.

Doodle Bunny

Love Bug was next to dive in, followed by Winter Fresh. They felt more complete swimming in the water than they did on dry land. True, they knew they were incomplete by nature, but in that moment they could be real otters. Splashing around and playing in the river like their species is supposed to do.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
((I will say that I may come for a second sweep if I establish things with Neon and Neopolitan and these three still haven't been adopted.

Should I throw in some minnows or sea bream in the meantime?))

Firuthi Dragovic

((Not doing it JUST yet, I might as well allow for some leadup.))

*a really distant voice could be heard*

"What? You want them to come with us? Look, I didn't pack fish or minnows so- Wait, you can already tell from that- You're saying we can actually catch it around here?... Okay, okay, we're going, don't yank these oversized ears!"

Firuthi Dragovic

((The rest of the adopts are actually clinched. I'm bumping this up to give room for OP to close things.))

*some time later, in the distance again*

"That's them? Here, there's a small raft in the back. You two fill it with fish, swim out with it and bring it to them. See if you can talk them into coming along."

Doodle Bunny

Neon hisses and nods.

"Leave it to us," Neopolitan hopped onto the raft.

---

In the water, the remaining otters are still playing around and having fun. While in the water, Winter Fresh spotted something wiggling and shiny. A fish! In a quick maneuver, they grab the fish in their webbed paws.

"I got one!" Winter Fresh called out in triumph.

"Huh? A fish?" Fruit Punch piped up.

"Well, go on! Eat it!" Love Bug encouraged.

Winter Fresh slurps the minnow down like a noodle... only to be disheartened when it goes swimming back out their stomach completely unharmed. The otters all wilted in disappointment. They couldn't eat. They were made of nothing.

Winter Fresh grumbled at the escaping fish, "Hmph. Food is overrated anyway."

"I wouldn't say that," a new voice spoke up.

The other otters look up stunned. It's Neopolitan and Neon. They're casually floating there on a raft.

"You're back!" Fruit Punch exclaimed.

"Did you escape?" Winter Fresh asked.

"What happened?" Love Bug blurted.

Neopolitan smiled at them serenely, "I can explain soon enough. First, I want you to feel this."

Neopolitan guided Fruit Punch's paw to the side of their neck. There's something there that wasn't before. A pulse. The feeling of blood running under flesh and fur. Fruit Punch retracted their paw in surprise.

"I don't believe this... you're..." Fruit Punch gasped.

Neopolitan nodded, "That's right. I'm alive. Really and truly alive. It's the greatest feeling, I promise you."

Winter Fresh spoke up hesitantly, "Does it hurt when you become alive?"

"No. It feels warm and refreshing. It's like stepping out of a bath," Neopolitan explained, "Come with me. You can't go on like this forever. There's so much you're missing."

The three other otters floated there silently. Deep down in their empty cores they knew this existence was no way to live. Fruit Punch extended a paw out to Neopolitan.

Neopolitan smiled, "Welcome aboard."

One by one, the otters board the raft. Even Winter Fresh had lost his reservations.

"Neon, full speed ahead!" Neopolitan pointed back the way they came.

Neon saluted and let out another static hiss. And off they went. No longer wandering alone and afraid. Finally, all the otters have a home.

The end.

(All otters sold. Thread is closed.)