• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Our history is not what we think"

Saga

absolutely disgusting
Some of you may have seen this before. I just recently watched this video (quite long but well worth it).
It answers so many questions but also poses some so I decided to give it a thread. He explains how many of the wonders of the world were created, backed up with fact from ancient history. It includes things like the origin of the human race and the first settlements as described by ancient tablets. IT ISNT EVEN HISTORY CHANNEL SHIZ =D I'd like to embed, but I cant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwCaZaSon9A
Here is the description as well:
Over the past few thousand years, we have warped our own history. Our versions of the past has been mistranslated, changed, altered, and skewed to fit our understanding of reality, and completely left out many things that we cannot explain. Today, we are going to look at an alternate version of our history, a version that was recorded across many ancient tablets and artifacts throughout time, which have only recently been uncovered. This story may be a little cosmic, it may not even be true, but you will have to decide that for yourself.
So, FAF... FACT OR CRAP?

It was crap.
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/3/7/3/9/5/9/crap-88648372874.jpeg#crap

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
crap

of the worst kind

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Isn't anyone the slightest bit embarrassed that in an age of complete structural collapse of bridges and buildings within the lifetimes of their builders that Roman concrete has survived for two millenia of use, then abandonment, harsh weather, various wars, and a never-ending stream of tourists both medieval and modern to survive. I am amazed to learn that the Roman aqueducts are a gift by the Empire to the Italian people AND THAT GIFT IS STILL BEING APPRECIATED TO THIS DAY! Now, the modern Italian government has cleaned the pipes so the water no longer has lead in it but the basic structure of Roman aqueducts remains the same as it was when the Roman Empire existed. It's amazing to think that public works projects made when the books of the New Testament were being written still works in Europe two thousand years later.

And yet, today 90% of the bridges in the United States are structurally unsound- we need that Roman concrete.

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
I am disappointed when I watch the video.

Isn't anyone the slightest bit embarrassed that in an age of complete structural collapse of bridges and buildings within the lifetimes of their builders that Roman concrete has survived for two millenia of use, then abandonment, harsh weather, various wars, and a never-ending stream of tourists both medieval and modern to survive. I am amazed to learn that the Roman aqueducts are a gift by the Empire to the Italian people AND THAT GIFT IS STILL BEING APPRECIATED TO THIS DAY! Now, the modern Italian government has cleaned the pipes so the water no longer has lead in it but the basic structure of Roman aqueducts remains the same as it was when the Roman Empire existed. It's amazing to think that public works projects made when the books of the New Testament were being written still works in Europe two thousand years later.

And yet, today 90% of the bridges in the United States are structurally unsound- we need that Roman concrete.
That Roman concrete cannot withstand the same amount of weight modern concrete can.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
"Pyramids were built the way not even current technology can replicate it"

Here we go again. Tell me about the aliens.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
But we've actually found that

Fo'rells y0
yeah?

wheres all the alien spaceships?

and the illuminati, what did they have to say about this?

im still waiting for those psychic powers mang.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Great, a conspiracy thread?

This'll pan out well.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
So when does the illumanti and Obama's lizard people come in?

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Whatever happened in the past, I'd rather focus on the present and the future. I have a feeling that one day the humans of the future will look back on our time and remember it as a golden age. I'm not the sort of guy to go on about global warming, but it makes me wonder how long it'll take for our planet to be unhealthy to live on.

Saga

absolutely disgusting
You're losing track poeple.
Im not talking about politics. I asked, "FACT OR CRAP?"

I didnt say "Fact that obama is evil and satan and blah and gays and nagg0rs"
But instead we got people calling it a conspiracy thread. Hell, someone even brought up global warming already.
Why you do this.

How tf do I do spoilers? I have a joke here but I cant figure out this BB.

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
You're asking a pointless question.
History is based on a mixture of subjective and objective facts and recounts.

The saying goes 'History is written by the victors', as you may well know.

The fact the video description mentions 'we have warped our own history...we are going to look at an alternate view of our history' already makes this a subjective video, reminiscent of many conspiracy theory videos and the like, filled with mindless subjective and opinionated drivel, backed up by 'facts'.

To be blunt:
Utter bollocks.
Close the thread.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
We believe in a lot of things that aren't true...

We call it History.

hidesindark

I don't understand how he correlates so many different religions and theories and even aliens into this story when none of them really have any connection to Atlantis or aliens. This is crap and should be seen as such since it is based on made up info and just piled into what looks like someone's acid story.

Seekrit

Crap.

Behold the only 100% factual history of humanity: Once upon a time in a magical land called Africa, some apes evolved that were smarter than the average bear everything else and took advantage of this fact. They spread far and wide, cultivating and conquering. Fucking and shitting. Incredibly, it continues to this very day.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Crap.

Behold the only 100% factual history of humanity: Once upon a time in a magical land called Africa, some apes evolved that were smarter than the average bear everything else and took advantage of this fact. They spread far and wide, cultivating and conquering. Fucking and shitting. Incredibly, it continues to this very day.

We didn't really conquer that much at first. We were busy being close to extinction before we started with all that conquering.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
Ladies and gentlemen, what we all know is that in the distant future when nerds rule pretty much everything our history will be talking about The Great Console Wars. They will detail how the Playstation was actually an Illuminati device used in a grand information network instrumental in the events of 9/11. Behind it all turned out to be none other than Bobby Kotick, who ran as Fuhrer of EA while funneling funds to support the Xbox Uprising.

...I think this joke has run its course.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I don't know, Rilvor. There is that rumor that you can use Playstation 3s to launch nuclear missiles.

I thought that was the Wii? The remote was used in the guided missile system, remember? Man those were some crazy flight patterns.