• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Outdoor Activities

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
It gets up to 110 degrees in July, with droughts lasting for months a very real possibility. It is so bad that in the inner cities, parents actually have to pay for summer school for no other reason than for their kids to chill in front of an A/C unit which the school provides. It's so bad that the A/C repairman might very well be the Clark Kent of Dallas. While we do have the Katy Trail north of downtown, most reasonable people in Texas would rather explore a museum, go clubbing, or take in a movie rather than face the wretched heat. Going outside after dark isn't as refreshing as you might think. September and October

That sounds alright, I'm guessing it's just dry heat over there?

Also, is there plenty of public accessible land there?

Sparklepaws

The Wooflewaffle
You could always make a challenge for yourself and navigate to the cache positions via map and compass.

That actually sounds like loads of fun, but I have a feeling it would be frustrating after a while. Still, no pain no gain!

Aleu

Deuces
IT IS. YOU GET TO BEAT FAT GUYS WITH FOAM COVERED STICKS AND IT'S AWESOME.
Wrong kind of nerd. Fat guys are basement dwellers. If you're a LARPer then obviously you do not fit the criteria, especially in the middle of summer in Florida.
The ones you're thinking about are table-top RPG players.

Trust me. I've experienced both of these nerds in their natural habitat.

Falaffel

Wrong kind of nerd. Fat guys are basement dwellers. If you're a LARPer then obviously you do not fit the criteria, especially in the middle of summer in Florida.
The ones you're thinking about are table-top RPG players.

Trust me. I've experienced both of these nerds in their natural habitat.

How can I turn this post into sexual innuendo ....

Well I assume both of their natural habitats are in their mother's basement jerking off.

You voyeur, you...

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
Though for compasses, it might be better to use a compass with a Mils radius than Degrees.

So hopefully you would just be searching a 10m squared area instead of a 100m one.

Aleu

Deuces
Are there any rules or standards to doing this?
While it's required to be in costume, cloth is a must here. If you wore actual leather, you will die of heat exhaustion.
Head shots are insta-kills
You can lose two limbs before you die (in game)
Wear your team's color.

That's really it.

Seekrit

While it's required to be in costume, cloth is a must here. If you wore actual leather, you will die of heat exhaustion.
Head shots are insta-kills
You can lose two limbs before you die (in game)
Wear your team's color.

That's really it.

And bring beer for the afterlife c:

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
I like walking through the park. Most of my outdoor activities consist of all the yard work for this damn house- power-washing, pulling weeds, mowing the lawn, etc.

Not that I enjoy doing any of those things though. :I