• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Beatle9

Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.
This is a threat about games that you really like that you just don't think get the attention they deserve. This isn't an "underrated" thread, but an "overlooked" thread. Good games that people just don't seem to pay attention to.

I guess I'll start by mentioning a game called Urban Chaos: Riot Response, for the PS2 and original Xbox. This was an FPS game where you play as a special forces SWAT team agent, as part of a city's new initiative to curb the rise in domestic terrorist acts in the area. In the game you fight against one gang called The Burners (Dumb name I know), who are firebombing several areas in the city. You have equipment in this that you don't have in a lot of other tactical FPS games, such as a riot shield, a taser, and thermal-vision goggles. And you can upgrade them to make them stronger by completing challenges in each level.

I really wish that this game got more attention, as it's really rare to find (especially in good condition), and there's no digital versions of it. I would have loved for this to have become a franchise, it's interesting going up against domestic terrorists, instead of the typical Middle Eastern bad-guys or Russians.

S

silveredgreen

A trio of games called Spectrobes. I love em personally but they're so overlooked that they practically don't exist at this point.

Beatle9

Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.
A trio of games called Spectrobes. I love em personally but they're so overlooked that they practically don't exist at this point.
I vaguely remember those, but never played them.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Call of Duty is a lil' gem that gets overlooked. Wait, what? Okay, okay, serious answer? Quantum Conundrum is pretty underrated. It's a game that's similar to Portal (and created by many of the same people). It's just a great lil' puzzle game that never got the attention it needed or deserved.

L

-..Legacy..-

I'm going to put one game here, because after I bought it some 15+ years ago I've never seen it mentioned again.

Messiah.

You play a fallen cherub that can possess bodies, which lets you interact with the environment, deceive/kill people, and generally cause a bunch of mayhem. He was always dropping a bunch of snarky comments while you played.

The background music was done by Fear Factory as well. It was terribly fun, but my computer at the time was so slow, I forced myself to try playing it with sub 5fps rates. I will definitely try to revisit this game sometime soon.

W00lies

Vexx on PS2 is a game I loved when it came out but I never hear from it today. For PS1 there was Threads of Fate and Alundra that I really enjoyed. On the genesis I was obsessed with Phantasy star 4 which wasn't really talked about where I live and also Land Stalker. There's probably more I aren't coming to mind at the moment. :0

S

silveredgreen

Vexx on PS2 is a game I loved when it came out but I never hear from it today. For PS1 there was Threads of Fate and Alundra that I really enjoyed. On the genesis I was obsessed with Phantasy star 4 which wasn't really talked about where I live and also Land Stalker. There's probably more I aren't coming to mind at the moment. :0

I remember Vexx, rented it back in the day when my family was too broke to buy me games and i had to rent all of em from the video store.

Iovic

Wizardry 8. I grew up with the game as a kid and still sometimes go back to it even though it's nearly as old as I am. I love it but I barely see it mentioned anywhere.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
RPG Maker Fes for the 3DS. I bought it as soon as I could. The game was panned for not having enough options, but IMO it had enough options to be fun, and there's some good free DLC for the game as well, not to mention some paid DLC too. It's quickly becoming one of my most played games.