• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Overrated and Underrated Opinions

Kumali

Lupine-American
Overrated: Pink Floyd.

Underrated: Jethro Tull. (Why the hell aren't they in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame by now?)

Bigjackaal48

I have never had an intel product work as intended.
I made sure to research before buying my new pc and got amd. Hasn't given me any issues and works as intended.

You are safe.
You have allies here.

I've had my Ryzen R5 1600 for 4+ years right now with zero issues. And no shock outperforms the i7 6700k i had in my past PC, Since 4 cores was showing it limits in newer games. Been nothing but "Cope" from the Intel side since they have nothing to outperform AMD with, Still like Nvidia though for GPU's.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

overrated: human's "human?".

underrated: human's "animal?".

can someone translate this properly.

human language is confusing.

you've got like a bazillion words for irrelevant abstract garbage and way too few words to describe practical concepts.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
Overrated: Celebrity worship.

Underrated: Eating ice cream straight from the box.

RAM

Overrated: Christmas
Underrated: Halloween

I'm pretty much gassed out on Christmas. The entire holiday has been corrupted by senseless consumerism. Same deal with Thanksgiving. Black Friday summarizes the absolute state of American culture in 2021.

The only positive thing about Christmas is that I sometimes get to visit my family to break bread with them and binge watch goofy sci-fi flicks with my dad.

The dinners and overall bonding are more memorable and impactful than any physical gift.

O

O.D.D.

I'm pretty much gassed out on Christmas. The entire holiday has been corrupted by senseless consumerism. Same deal with Thanksgiving. Black Friday summarizes the absolute state of American culture in 2021.

The only positive thing about Christmas is that I sometimes get to visit my family to break bread with them and binge watch goofy sci-fi flicks with my dad.

The dinners and overall bonding are more memorable and impactful than any physical gift.
Working retail will make you hate Christmas, it's BAD. People will shamelessly pull "YOU'RE RUINING MY KIDS' CHRISTMAS IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME THIS FOR 75 PERCENT OFF" cards on you constantly.

e: oh yeah and watching someone mug the bellringer that was special

Last edited by a moderator:
O

O.D.D.

My family did not celebrate Christmas when I was growing up, so it is like visiting a strange foreign country for me.
The household I was in stopped bothering with it when I was about 10 or so, though half of that was due to tensions between extended family members turning it into a shitshow and the rest was likely a certain degree of apathy towards the idea of holidays altogether from my mother

Didn't really matter much to me at the time, since it usually resulted in my birthday getting ignored/rolled into Christmas and I stopped giving a shit about birthdays pretty quickly anyway

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The household I was in stopped bothering with it when I was about 10 or so, though half of that was due to tensions between extended family members turning it into a shitshow and the rest was likely a certain degree of apathy towards the idea of holidays altogether from my mother

Didn't really matter much to me at the time, since it usually resulted in my birthday getting ignored/rolled into Christmas and I stopped giving a shit about birthdays pretty quickly anyway

The good old extended family argument is perhaps a tradition best missed out on then. ;D
My parents spent most of my childhood having to dedicate large amounts of time to medical care for my sister, which is why hosting Christmas celebrations was a little unrealistic.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Overrated: Diamonds and gold

Underrated: "Semi precious" stones and silver