• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Overweight Fursonas?

Zerzehn

Dojyaaaaaaaaan~
So, for people who have overweight characters. I do need to ask, how come?

I'm going to change mine to be overweight himself, since I like chubby men.

To speak like him:

"I love buterbrod with cheese and doctor's sausage, borscht, syrniki and blini."

Last edited:
N

Nyro46

None of my fursonas (of the three I have) are chubby or overweight, as to be honest I can't see myself having a fursona that is. However, I do have a lot of other OCs and some of them are chubby or overweight. As I write stories this helps with character diversity and whatnot. Plus chubby characters can be cute.

(Though none of my overweight characters are to the point of being obese - I'm not really into the whole "fatfur" thing).

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
So, for people who have overweight characters. I do need to ask, how come?

I'm going to change mine to be overweight himself, since I like chubby men.

To speak like him:

"I love buterbrod with cheese and doctor's sausage, borscht, syrniki and blini."
My character is overweight because I'm overweight IRL. I wanted him to have my body type. Simple as that.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Suddenly I feel aneurexic with my 'sonas
Serengeti-Fat-Hyena.jpg

:V

Deathless

ĎĴĔVĔĹĔŃ
I actually intended Deathless, my main fursona, to be a bit chubby but I didn't know how to draw chubbier body types at the time and because of that, she ended up losing her weight over time! I mean, she's still got some meat on her bones!

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
Not gonna lie, my sona has mainly been decently thin, jokingly used to say in bear weight he was underweight, heh.

But I guess now that I do vore more he has been known to be slightly more chubby, rare cases of being overweight but that's after a big meal.
But overtime, I made him chubby now, but I guess it makes sense, chubby things are more cuter to cuddle with, although he still has his non-chubby self for those who prefer a nice well-built body. :p

I don't think I have much overweight characters, only have two that come to mind in that case excluding sona. One is fat because he does constantly eat and the other just likes to show off his belly in a prideful way, and also belly rubs feel nicer apparently.

XanderBoi

Your Friendly Goat-Coon
My sona isn't over weight even though I am irl. The reason behind that is Xander is who I aspire to be. Since Xander's inception I've taken up tennis, cut down on my sugar intake, and lost almost 20lbs. I intend to keep it going! >_<

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Chubby is not to be confused with inflation, but yes, it is a "thing" with some furs in the fandom who are attracted to that. Actually, this isn't just limited to the fandom as some societies actually prefer chubby people to thin.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Well first of all, lets just start calling them "fat" instead of "overweight".

As an actual fat person, I feel like a lot of words used to get around calling a fat character fat are just as insulting. "Overweight" means that there is something wrong with them and medicalizes something that doesn't need to be medicalized.

"Chubby" is... meh. I feel like it's infantilizing. Children are chubby. They are growing and need that additional insulation for growing. I was a very chubby child. It's cute. But I'm a grown person now and I'm just large and fat. I am comfortable with this because thats just how my body is. Being fat is just another body shape. Human beings come in a diverse array of shapes and sizes, being fat is one of those. Now, on for actual character things.

There are several ways to be fat, actually. Most people just focus on the belly, which is a large component, but you have some large fat characters who are also quite muscular underneath and you can see some cuts in the belly, arms, legs, back- just all around. So, I would suggest you think about what sort of shape you'd like for your character to have.

If your character is "top heavy" that means they have broad shoulders, maybe their legs aren't as long. They would have thick arms, maybe larger, flusher pectorals (across the chest, especially for femme characters).

If your character is "bottom heavy" that means they'd ave broader hips and a flusher posterior. This is common in femme characters but I like to see my big bois with extra carriage too tbh-
They will have thicker, fuller thighs-- which is that area underneath the hips. People tend to confuse these for some reason. Depending on the species, they might also have more shapely legs to compensate having long legs. This means thicker calves, thicker ankles and larger feet to carry this extra weight. Top heavy characters tend to have small, dainty feet, btw. It's cute-

All of these aspects are also effected by the species of your character. Animals tend to come with set body types. Its only human beings ( and our pets like dogs and well as cats consequently) that really have diverse body types among a species. However, since these are humanoid/anthros/, they will also have fairly diverse body types. You'll have to work around aspects of the species and combine them with large-fat-human body types. Of course, some species lend themselves better than others.

Bears (or protobears like my sona) are big and fat already. Same for other already large animals.

Dogs and cats also come in diverse shapes. Larger breeds will lend themselves better than smaller breeds.

Any animal that stands digigrade, or on their toes, you also have to make adjustments by giving them larger feet, thicker ankles, and generally being concious about body shapes. Digigrade characters are more likely to be top heavy then bottom heavy, for example, since its easier to carry on small feet. Rabbits, as an example, tend to be bottom heavy and digigrade. This is because rabbits have powerful hind legs, thick, flush thighs and large feet.

So with all these things, I think you'll be more prepared to design a fat character. Go forth, and be the best lorge you can be =u=/

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned

As an actual fat person, I feel like a lot of words used to get around calling a fat character fat are just as insulting. "Overweight" means that there is something wrong with them and medicalizes something that doesn't need to be medicalized.

"Chubby" is... meh. I feel like it's infantilizing. Children are chubby. They are growing and need that additional insulation for growing. I was a very chubby child. It's cute. But I'm a grown person now and I'm just large and fat. I am comfortable with this because thats just how my body is. Being fat is just another body shape. Human beings come in a diverse array of shapes and sizes, being fat is one of those. Now, on for actual character things.

There are several ways to be fat, actually. Most people just focus on the belly, which is a large component, but you have some large fat characters who are also quite muscular underneath and you can see some cuts in the belly, arms, legs, back- just all around. So, I would suggest you think about what sort of shape you'd like for your character to have.

If your character is "top heavy" that means they have broad shoulders, maybe their legs aren't as long. They would have thick arms, maybe larger, flusher pectorals (across the chest, especially for femme characters).

If your character is "bottom heavy" that means they'd ave broader hips and a flusher posterior. This is common in femme characters but I like to see my big bois with extra carriage too tbh-
They will have thicker, fuller thighs-- which is that area underneath the hips. People tend to confuse these for some reason. Depending on the species, they might also have more shapely legs to compensate having long legs. This means thicker calves, thicker ankles and larger feet to carry this extra weight. Top heavy characters tend to have small, dainty feet, btw. It's cute-

All of these aspects are also effected by the species of your character. Animals tend to come with set body types. Its only human beings ( and our pets like dogs and well as cats consequently) that really have diverse body types among a species. However, since these are humanoid/anthros/, they will also have fairly diverse body types. You'll have to work around aspects of the species and combine them with large-fat-human body types. Of course, some species lend themselves better than others.

Bears (or protobears like my sona) are big and fat already. Same for other already large animals.

Dogs and cats also come in diverse shapes. Larger breeds will lend themselves better than smaller breeds.

Any animal that stands digigrade, or on their toes, you also have to make adjustments by giving them larger feet, thicker ankles, and generally being concious about body shapes. Digigrade characters are more likely to be top heavy then bottom heavy, for example, since its easier to carry on small feet. Rabbits, as an example, tend to be bottom heavy and digigrade. This is because rabbits have powerful hind legs, thick, flush thighs and large feet.

So with all these things, I think you'll be more prepared to design a fat character. Go forth, and be the best lorge you can be =u=/
Fat is overweight tho

Arnak

Off the bench

Ain't nothing wrong with being fat, as long as it doesn't put your life at risk. I know a guy who's fat but loves walking around and getting outside. The guy is a healthy chunky boi

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Ain't nothing wrong with being fat, as long as it doesn't put your life at risk. I know a guy who's fat but loves walking around and getting outside. The guy is a healthy chunky boi
My thing is this-

No one ever says this about skinny people. "Being thin is okay so long as it doesn't put your life at risk--" is not something I ever hear in conversation.

Being fat is just a body type. Period. I've always been large and, in fact, physically healthier than most other people. What has contributed to my lack of health (both mental and physical) is people medicalizing my natural weight/ bullying me/ shaming me/ telling me I'm going to die because they are uncomfortable with my body shape.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Fat is overweight. Period. I don't have a problem with it since my character is overweight but it's best not to live in narnia.
Being fat is not overweight if your normal body shape/weight is fat.
This is coming from a person who has been fat their entire life, so, I feel like I have more experience in this area. If any thing, you are the one living in Narnia as you are the one whose only experience with it seems to be a fictional character and your personal preferences. Good bye.