• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Painted a Raptor Mask!

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
I'm planning on making a fursuit head of Saber, but wanted something to wear for Halloween in the meantime! So here's a spooky boi ~

dinomask1.jpg
dinomask2.jpg

dinomask3.jpg
dinomask4.jpg

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
Nice! Bet those are nice and warm, could do with some cuz its always so flipping cold in this house!
I might buy some just for that reason now that I think about it. And a tail seeing as I had an extremely vivid hallucination of me having a tail yesterday (Could feel it swaying and everything! And now I must know what it actually feels like.
I didn't line the paws with fabric, but they would be very warm then! Also, if you feel like making them, I used the pattern by Kloofsuits on Etsy! (I have little to no sewing experience but I was able to make them (also entirely by hand!) so you'd probably be able to make them even if you don't have much practice!)

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
I didn't line the paws with fabric, but they would be very warm then! Also, if you feel like making them, I used the pattern by Kloofsuits on Etsy!
I'm utterly useless at textiles, but I want em so badly now as Dragon claws. But now is really not the time for me to invest in something like that.

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
I'm utterly useless at textiles, but I want em so badly now as Dragon claws. But now is really not the time for me to invest in something like that.
I've seen some cool ones with big claws, if you search up dinosaur fursuit paws you should be able to see them. But yeah, I wouldn't invest in something like that before you're ready

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
I've seen some cool ones with big claws, if you search up dinosaur fursuit paws you should be able to see them. But yeah, I wouldn't invest in something like that before you're ready
It's not so much I'm not ready, I am ready but I'm not sure how long lockdown is going to continue for, seeing as its stopping me from working.

Also, it's just occurred to me that two weeks ago fursuits terrified me, since I've come out as a furry the opinion has been flipped totally reverse. So much has changed in my mind over the past fortnight it's incredible.

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
It's not so much I'm not ready, I am ready but I'm not sure how long lockdown is going to continue for, seeing as its stopping me from working.

Also, it's just occurred to me that two weeks ago fursuits terrified me, since I've come out as a furry the opinion has been flipped totally reverse. So much has changed in my mind over the past fortnight it's incredible.
I kinda thought mascot costumes were creepy too until I started looking at custom fursuit heads, and now I'm hooked. Once you get started there's no going back ; )

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
Honestly, the amount of skill and creativity that goes on in the fandom is amazing. I think it's pretty cool to be a part of it
Yeh speaking as an outsider until a week ago, you guys and gals get a bad wrap but, once you break through the miles and miles of pr0n on FA front page, you're really all a swell bunch and I applaud you all for carrying on despite the image that outsiders portray you as.

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
Yeh speaking as an outsider until a week ago, you guys and gals get a bad wrap but, once you break through the miles and miles of pr0n on FA front page, you're really all a swell bunch and I applaud you all for carrying on despite the image that outsiders portray you as.
I do my best not to click "Browse" on FA for that exact reason, lol

I don't think that anyone who really knows what the furry fandom is dislikes it, I think it's just a bunch of people with misguided perceptions of what goes on in here. I mean, there are some parts that can get weird, but all fandoms have that. I've been here for about a year?? now, so I'm glad you're starting out strong!

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
I do my best not to click "Browse" on FA for that exact reason, lol

I don't think that anyone who really knows what the furry fandom is dislikes it, I think it's just a bunch of people with misguided perceptions of what goes on in here. I mean, there are some parts that can get weird, but all fandoms have that. I've been here for about a year?? now, so I'm glad you're starting out strong!
Misguided perceptions is exactly the phrase I would use, if my brain had remembered the existence of said phrase!

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
Misguided perceptions is exactly the phrase I would use, if my brain had remembered the existence of said phrase!
I'm actually working on a tail for my little brother right now - he wanted to be a snow leopard for halloween

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
Well, actually he wanted to be a leopard, but I only have white and black fur
Nice, if I get a tail it's going to be exactly the one I saw in my hallucination yesterday, it was quite large. (As you can imagine, it was a dragons tail after all) But damn it just felt right!

mangomango

Well-Known Chee
Nice, if I get a tail it's going to be exactly the one I saw in my hallucination yesterday, it was quite large. (As you can imagine, it was a dragons tail after all) But damn it just felt right!
If you were going to make anything, a tail is definitely the easiest! I pumped out the cheetah tail in one weekend, all handsewing. All you have to do is make a pattern of what you want the tail to look like from the side, then draw and cut out the markings, cut the fabric out with the paper stencils and some seam allowance. Then, sew and stuff!

DergenTheDragon

The cutest derg
If you were going to make anything, a tail is definitely the easiest! I pumped out the cheetah tail in one weekend, all handsewing. All you have to do is make a pattern of what you want the tail to look like from the side, then draw and cut out the markings, cut the fabric out with the paper stencils and some seam allowance. Then, sew and stuff!
It's been sew long (hah get it?) Since I've done anything with textiles. All this talk of tails is making me tingly. I really need to feel that again, it was so real, yet a complete fabrication of my psyche. God I want that to happen again