• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Paranormal Occurences

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
This is an interesting thread.

I researched a bit and a lot of paranormal activity is explained by drafts, vibrations, infrasound, and hysteria.

However, there are somethings that I couldnt seem to find the answer to. Anecdotes where objects are thrown are particularly strange, or someone who feels the touch of something on their body and normally does not suffer from any disorders that may cause the sensation, if thats the case what suddenly changed in their body chemistry for that to happen? But most of all I find it perplexing how historically accurate some of these sightings are. How people see spirits and they do some research and the haunted figure in question looks like and betrays similar traits of someone in the past who is said to have died, the person couldnt have possibly know that.

ZettaBit

Caffeine Addict
It is a possibility, I consider myself to be quite open minded. Who is to say where we go when we die. I am sure that it is possible that some would stay behind to haunt the living, that just sounds like eternal fun xD

BOO!

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I'm not saying this is a paranormal occurrence at all, but to me, it is fucking chilling to recall.

The last time I had sleep paralysis, I woke up in the dead of night with only street lights glowing from behind my drawn curtains, to see a tall, dark, shadowy figure standing over me, eating a bag of potato chips.

Other than that, I WAS the "paranormal occurrence" in our household. My my refuses to admit it was me, rather than a ghost-child. But she tells people what she saw/heard those nights, and I KNOW it was me sneaking around out of bed when I should've been asleep.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Do you guys see what I mean about everyone's ghostly experienced being over-interpretation of mundane physical or psychological phenomena? ._.
Must have been some pretty sudden changes in air temperature and pressure gradients for it to suddenly snap back up to the ceiling and resume it's floating business. :V

I already admitted I know that shit can be explained with your smartysmarts, but you know, as far as when I had experienced them, I couldn't explain them. :\

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
It is a possibility, I consider myself to be quite open minded. Who is to say where we go when we die. I am sure that it is possible that some would stay behind to haunt the living, that just sounds like eternal fun xD

I've always been curious about this.
When I die, I want to do an experiment. I'm going to spend my final days in a place that I hope to be quite permanent. But, I'm also going to spend my time making a complete hell out of all the wiring. Use obsolete equipment. Unnecessary connections. Crossed wires. Hell, I might even make a whole secret section of flooring where there's this completely nonsensical "soul catch" of nothing but redundant electric wires in a circuit that provides power to the rest of the house. Apparently, some amount of misappropriated wiring has accounted for some "hauntings" in the past. I wonder if there's something to that.

Then again, instead of nothing happened being the worst case scenario, worst case may be that I hold back my soul back from moving on unto an abominable earthly bound with my house and its constructs.

Best case scenario I'm a bitchin' ass ghost that can fuck with people.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Must have been some pretty sudden changes in air temperature and pressure gradients for it to suddenly snap back up to the ceiling and resume it's floating business. :V
I already admitted I know that shit can be explained with your smartysmarts, but you know, as far as when I had experienced them, I couldn't explain them. :\

For me, it's just fun to think of the 'other' scenario when I don't have an answer. I mean, okay, yeah, there's probably a boring scientific answer for every single damn paranormal thing that has every happened--but while we're unable to 100 percent conclusively find an answer for everything, I don't mind imagining something else even if I know it's probably false.

Oh, since we're on the subject of ghost hunting and shit, have a video of some ghost hunters in a hotel utterly shitting their pants at a flying brick.

[yt]9JfQVG6RYVo[/yt]

I mean, authenticity of the footage otherwise, their reaction is certifiably one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

STAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAP

Here's another thingy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJt8Q_yWXoU

The lack of reaction in the latter versus the pants shitting reaction in the first is definitely suspicious to me...

Though the analysis on the footage of the thrown brick in the first is interesting. Apparently, there's boards in the background also being lifted and thrown that they don't spot til later. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spBZODhgD3I

Last edited:
I'm less convinced by Ghost Adventures than I am by the show The Dead Files. They both play on the same TV network, but if you haven't watched The Dead Files try to catch an episode. Obviously they should both be taken with a grain of salt, especially Ghost Adventures (those guys are just hilariously bad).

The Dead Files compares the experiences of a physical medium with the research of a historian. The medium observes the activity going on in the location (which is usually the private home of someone who has called The Dead Files team for help with paranormal activity) while the historian researches the history of the home or the area. Their findings are usually both substantial, such as the house or the property having experiences a lot of tragedy or cult activity that might explain why things have been going on there. And the medium's on-site descriptions of what she sees usually line up perfectly or near perfectly with the historical research.

Then after everything is figured out the home owners are told what they can do to stop the paranormal activity. Usually those who follow the instructions don't have experiences anymore.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
I'm less convinced by Ghost Adventures than I am by the show The Dead Files. They both play on the same TV network, but if you haven't watched The Dead Files try to catch an episode. Obviously they should both be taken with a grain of salt, especially Ghost Adventures (those guys are just hilariously bad).

The Dead Files compares the experiences of a physical medium with the research of a historian. The medium observes the activity going on in the location (which is usually the private home of someone who has called The Dead Files team for help with paranormal activity) while the historian researches the history of the home or the area. Their findings are usually both substantial, such as the house or the property having experiences a lot of tragedy or cult activity that might explain why things have been going on there. And the medium's on-site descriptions of what she sees usually line up perfectly or near perfectly with the historical research.

Then after everything is figured out the home owners are told what they can do to stop the paranormal activity. Usually those who follow the instructions don't have experiences anymore.

Yeah this is the same guys as Ghost Hunters but this was a documentary they did in '04 before they started the show in '06.

But I'm just inherently skeptical of -anything- on TV.
Basically I'd have to be there to believe it.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
i've had quite more than a few to be completely honest. nothing too big, just a strong sence of someone elses presence. couple of very detailed dreams. Also some very weird occurences like when i was in the middle of a forest on my own during winter when i saw a small hill. it was the strangest feeling. i felt a knight on a horse on that hill.... almost as if he was damned to sit on that hill forever. suddently it was as if he saw me and charged twords me trying to attack me. at that moment i legitimetly felt fear and tried to run but fell down. as he tried to leave the hill the feeling just went away as if he vanished. at that point the hill just felt like any other hill... nothing special. i even climbed it... but after a few minutes i really didn't want to continue being up there.

so yeah, this happened one time. it was probably just my own brain fucking with me though. i'll return to that hill this winter. to check it out further. maybe i will find a helmet or a sword heh

do i believe in ghost/spirits? yes.
do i believe they have any legit powers such as moving stuf, making noise or possesing people? no.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
But I'm just inherently skeptical of -anything- on TV.
Basically I'd have to be there to believe it.

'Reality' shows are BS. I cant see most of those to be real people doing real things I gurantee most of it is scripted.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Yes, had weird experiences multiple times and only post about them in other related forums.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
and then a skeleton popped out!

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Gotta get that chocomilk, yo.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Thermodynamics, what a bunch of science magic hogwash.

Next thing, you'll be telling me my love spells on my husband weren't real. PFFT. HELLO. WE'RE MARRIED NOW.

Pfft. You science-y people. Get real.

:V

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Science is too limited and isnt ready to tackle something like this.

So we should just accept the next best thing as true without testing it? I think that is a pretty stupid approach.

And no, I haven't. There is no such thing as the paranormal.

I don't believe in ghosts or any of that kinda stuff, but I'm still not quite sure how both my friend and I heard a little girl's voice (addressing my friend's sister) at the same time in an empty house that was locked before we got there.