• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Parkour Furs

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Oh come on, that's actually a good thing to know no matter what you do in life. I used to be a Red Cross course instructor, so I'm a bit biased there again. :) But seriously, wouldn't you rather know than not know in case something happened?

SKC

Runs with guitars
Oh come on, that's actually a good thing to know no matter what you do in life. I used to be a Red Cross course instructor, so I'm a bit biased there again. :) But seriously, wouldn't you rather know than not know in case something happened?
I've never really known myself to do something stupid enough to need to know that, not that it's not a good thing to have on hand.

Last edited:

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
I've never really known myself to do something stupid enough to need to know that

First Aid is rarely ever a skill you use on yourself - it's for the others who are less careful and practised than yourself. Then you have the added bonus of getting to lecture them about not understanding the founding principles of Parkour and their abilities while you patch them up.
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yaxerins

Reverse these numbers, and you'd be correct. Parkour is kind of like skateboarding, not really done to increase skill so much as to increase image, and use it in passing conversation. That's how kids work. __________________

Tell that to the Traceurs and traceureses in Washington. Parkour is an art form, as well as a sport; even spiritual in ways. It's no more dangerous than skating or football, less so perhaps, as it's based on stuff that your body is meant to do, and not forced to do. We were born with arms and legs, we weren't born with ungodly huge shoulder pads and wheels.

Parkour has the risk factor, for sure. Every physical activity does, but since I started and it started popping up around Washington here, there's been nothign but positive results and feedback. This is a good influence, it's only about you and your limits and nothign else. If you can push your limits, you feel you can do just about anything; If you can scale a 9 foot wall, that finals test will be a breeze, eh? There have been miracle stories when I talk to people during jams all the time.

It's awesome stuff, don't push it away people. I can respect the fact that you don't want to do it, for sure; but aye, give it a chance!

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Reverse these numbers, and you'd be correct. Parkour is kind of like skateboarding, not really done to increase skill so much as to increase image, and use it in passing conversation. That's how kids work. __________________

Tell that to the Traceurs and traceureses in Washington. Parkour is an art form, as well as a sport; even spiritual in ways. It's no more dangerous than skating or football, less so perhaps, as it's based on stuff that your body is meant to do, and not forced to do. We were born with arms and legs, we weren't born with ungodly huge shoulder pads and wheels.

Parkour has the risk factor, for sure. Every physical activity does, but since I started and it started popping up around Washington here, there's been nothign but positive results and feedback. This is a good influence, it's only about you and your limits and nothign else. If you can push your limits, you feel you can do just about anything; If you can scale a 9 foot wall, that finals test will be a breeze, eh? There have been miracle stories when I talk to people during jams all the time.

It's awesome stuff, don't push it away people. I can respect the fact that you don't want to do it, for sure; but aye, give it a chance!
I ain't tellin shit to nobody. Passing internet fad is passing. Image is everything, and I fail to see how doing ridiculous stunts off of everyday shit approaches the spiritual. And no, it's a lot more dangerous than football, due to the fact that most idiots who try it aren't at all trained in it, and usually don't possess the physical capacities to do it. At least athletes are competent in their sport, but some random crap at the park doesn't qualify as anything of the sort.

H

Hydramon

My bf does it. I'll have to get him to teach me some time.

SKC

Runs with guitars
I ain't tellin shit to nobody. Passing internet fad is passing. Image is everything, and I fail to see how doing ridiculous stunts off of everyday shit approaches the spiritual. And no, it's a lot more dangerous than football, due to the fact that most idiots who try it aren't at all trained in it, and usually don't possess the physical capacities to do it. At least athletes are competent in their sport, but some random crap at the park doesn't qualify as anything of the sort.
Internet fad? Ridiculous stunts? Ok, first of all this is no internet "fad". Second of all, these are not "ridiculous stunts". You have to understand Parkour is not about "Stunts", but about movement. Smooth, continuous movement, fluid as a stream. Redirecting momentum with near effortless movements in order to cross the void between point A and point B quickly and efficiently.

Midi Bear

11/10/08
I've attempted it a couple of times, but all I can really do is the first stunt in this video, and as you can see, it's pretty easy anyway.

VVhiteWolf

Needs an anthro avatar pic...
Saw this topic and had to post, I can do some of the simpler stuff, aka, vaults and the ever important roll. Getting out of a "let's sit on our ass and play WoW all day for 3 weeks straight" slump, so I need to re-condition myself. :p

Kangamutt

Used to do that. Or at least to the limit of what the suburbs could provide in the way of climbing/jumping off of. With the condition my knees, ankles, wrists, and fingers are now, I can't do that anymore.

Quiet269

Parkour is awesome.

If I ever get into shape I want to take that up.

Somehow I doubt leaping off of 6ft walls is good for someone who is 300+ :p

VVhiteWolf

Needs an anthro avatar pic...
Nice Parkour guys, seriously...

Midi Bear

11/10/08
You're not my mother! *sucksuck*
Also, this sounds like something a lamb with a blue head would say.

If you don't understand why, allow me to explain: You see, sheep farmers put loads of paint on the groin and general underside of males so that they can tell which females have been shagged by looking at their butts. The paint is usually blue or red. And let's not forget where lambs get their food...

SKC

Runs with guitars
I'm 6' 140lbs, practically built for parkour. Short on upper body strength though, it's all in my legs. Thus, it's only fitting that I'm a cheetah.