• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Partial or full?

OnlyWolf

I found a person that makes good quality partial suits for roughly $350! (that's incuding shipping) A full suit can cost up to $1500. and that's not including shipping. Because I have just about $210 in my wallet, should I go with the partial suit for my b-day? Or wait 2 more years for the full? :confused:

RoseHexwit

Puts the "fang" in "fangirl".
The good thing about partials is that they can be converted into fullsuits later on.

The good thing about fullsuits is that they're much easier to put on. I had to spend upwards of twenty minutes pinning my sleeves and stuff to my shirt and shorts. With a fullsuit, I just have to slip it on and zip it up.

OnlyWolf

Well, I plan on telling my prents that I am a furry quite soon, possibly within the coming months, explainging to them, "its not another phase." I will have enought money by then to buy my partial suit. And I will probobably just after my birthday, when I get a few extra bucks from b-day money :) But yes I would love a suit by this summer! But if my parents will let me.. :l

You're 13?

You might just what to wait till you stop growing that way you can get your moneys worth out of your purchase. Gives you time to actually decide what you want.

OnlyWolf

Lol! True that, im only 5 foot 4 and my shoe size is 11... ('._.) But if I go with a partial It will last pretty long and they are just about $1100 less then full.

Last edited:

Lasolimu

Yeah, go with the partial for now, you can have it converted to a full in the future when you are done growing and by that time it is also possible that you will want something different by then.

Also, does this person have a website to look at? I am also contemplating getting a partial suit and that is a pretty good price.

OkamiOni

Harliquin Nightpaw
Definitely go with the partial since you're still growing. I actually just ordered my partial and plan to make it a full suit later on down the road. It's a pretty easy conversion.

Kitsune_Morric

Wearer of Many Masks
get both! lol, then you got a partial suit for raves and fullsuit for cons

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
partial would be best if you are still growing and it will be cheaper for now.

Haru-Wolf

ど偉い
Well, I plan on telling my prents that I am a furry quite soon, possibly within the coming months, explainging to them, "its not another phase." I will have enought money by then to buy my partial suit. And I will probobably just after my birthday, when I get a few extra bucks from b-day money :) But yes I would love a suit by this summer! But if my parents will let me.. :l

Lol, when my parents found out, they just said "get good grades and we don't care". But aside from that, partial is much better. I'm going to be a first time suiter as well, and I'm looking forward to making a partial, since it's a much cheaper alternative and it's best for growing individuals :3

Steel_Wolf

Ziggy Fawkes Steelwolf
Well if your fursona wears cloths then it might be better if you get a partial, but if your fursona doesn't or just wears a jacket then you should probably go with a full suit. You should still probably go with the nice low costing one though, unless your want for a full suit so much that you are willing to wait until you get enough money to get it.

OnlyWolf

I guess I will go with a partial!! X3 I can't wait to get one cause I will have it in time for the fourth of july and My town's festival!! XD That would be awsome to suit at. I just hope my friends will won't be embarresed to follow someone dressed as a wolf all around town! ;D And it wears clothes but I will upgrade it to a full later on in life, like after several years. :3

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Most people won't take a fursuit commission from a person that young without parental consent.

And for 350? I Hope you aren't going with Kitt.

OnlyWolf

My parents will order it, but I will give them the money in person and they'll pay for it because, i'm not 18. :)

ChickO'Dee

yeah, im also interested in a link. i wanna make a partial, but it needs to be done by july for an animecon, and im too frikin lazy to do it myself, and i have no talent (or money)

OnlyWolf

Wait until you're older. You might think now "oh this isn't a phase" - that'll change. You're 13. Save the money.
Nah, ive been a furry since I was 12. so...yeah I guess. And I dont really go through "phases." When I was like 5 or something I was obsessed with cars but I was 5. :p I have been saving up my money since I was 12 aswell.

Kurzar

Dobie of DEWM
Also isn't there an age limit/restriction for going to furcons? Are you gonna get your parents to spend money to take you? If not I would seriously wait. I have my full suit on order from Monoyasha (her name on youtube and DA). Her suits rock but I'm also spending more than $350. You have a ton of growing to do still and yes even your head might not fit right which would mean either redoing it (paying for that) or totally making a new head later. It's up to you, but if it were me I'd save the money till I was old enough to go to cons on my own (or with friends) and not have years of growth spurts kill the money you spent.

OnlyWolf

I have a tiny head, I'm not kidding... It never grows! :O But Yeah, I probably wont go to a con considering the closest one I have heard of is all the way down in alabama.. ._.' I won't even be able to go to a con for another 4-5 years, and I work alot during the summer. I make almost 200 bucks!! and when I can get a real job that will help aswell. but about 2/3 of my money spent will be made back in the summer. My feet are pretty much done growing, And my hands are tiny, Im only 5 foot 4. I will finish growing probably by mid/late summer according to 3 doctors. >_<

Last edited:

Kurzar

Dobie of DEWM
I have a tiny head, I'm not kidding... It never grows! :O But Yeah, I probably wont go to a con considering the closest one I have heard of is all the way down in alabama.. ._.' I won't even be able to go to a con for another 4-5 years, and I work alot during the summer. I make almost 200 bucks!! and when I can get a real job that will help aswell. but about 2/3 of my money spent will be made back in the summer. My feet are pretty much done growing, And my hands are tiny, Im only 5 foot 4. I will finish growing probably by mid/late summer according to 3 doctors. >_<

If you can't go to cons..really what is the point to getting one now that you'll need to replace by time you can go?

OnlyWolf

If you can't go to cons..really what is the point to getting one now that you'll need to replace by time you can go?
My town has tons of events and if I get a fursuit I could use it about 6 times just for town events, that doesn't include parties.

ThreeDog

Woah woah, wait.

Why the heck do you want a suit if you're that young?

EDIT:

My town has tons of events and if I get a fursuit I could use it about 6 times just for town events, that doesn't include parties.

Oh. Well, still, I'd wait mang.