• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

florance the fox

zorua time!
<she thinks hard> Well I suppose the holographic systems can do pretty much anything but that's all illusion. Maybe the medical bay can reconfigure you? We don't really have any transformation potions laying around normally though...we kind of pride ourselves on accepting people as they are no matter what that is. <giggle>
"i know but... i want to.... be different you know? cause i'm just a human"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"i know but... i want to.... be different you know? cause i'm just a human"

Well that's fine dear, decent humans are welcome here too. In fact there's a few around right now, one's right over there! <she points to the human in the VR chair>. Regardless, if you want to change yourself, that's all I can think of that could do it around here, sorry. <shrugs>

florance the fox

zorua time!
Well that's fine dear, decent humans are welcome here too. In fact there's a few around right now, one's right over there! <she points to the human in the VR chair>. Regardless, if you want to change yourself, that's all I can think of that could do it around here, sorry. <shrugs>
"it's ok i mean i could try the med bay"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*smiles* "it's ok i'm a furry and a tranformation liker" *goes to med bay*

<as you open the door, you see a bed and several unknown devices, as well as several robot exoskeletons and other odd shaped mechanical shapes. As you walk through the door, the same holographic rabbit from before appears, except this time she is wearing a skimpy nurse's uniform and a hat. She turns to you and speaks softly>

Welcome to the infirmary. Scanners show no emergency-level injuries are being detected your biotics at this time. How may I assist you?

florance the fox

zorua time!
<as you open the door, you see a bed and several unknown devices, as well as several robot exoskeletons and other odd shaped mechanical shapes. As you walk through the door, the same holographic rabbit from before appears, except this time she is wearing a skimpy nurse's uniform and a hat. She turns to you and speaks softly>

Welcome to the infirmary. Scanners show no emergency-level injuries are being detected your biotics at this time. How may I assist you?
"!! oh i'm looking to see if i could.. transform myself here"

SinglePringle

Master of Procrastination
<you sit in the VR chair stumped. What did you just witness? This is live, right? You look at the display and sure enough, that is today's date and time showing. But...that means that somewhere here there is a wolf that's living your life? Like, literally somewhere in this building??? You lift off the headset and look around for a moment, seeing several new guests since you sat down but not the wolf you just witnessed. Seeing one of those holographic bunnies standing nearby, you call over to her>

"Hey, did a wolf just arrive by any chance?" <the rabbit turns and replies> Affirmative, a new lupine guest has arrived and is currently in the dance floor downstairs.

<you sit for a moment, deciding what to do. Should you meet him? Is he really you? Would he know you? What should you do? Your heart races as you decide>
<Murichurado's heart pounds in his chest. What the hell is happening? The wolf, a parallel version of himself, no less, is currently at the same spot he tumbled into this dreamlike world himself. Should he talk to him? A stupid look of concentration masks his face as he becomes lost in the swirling mass of thoughts in his mind. >

What the hell would I say? No doubt the wolf has no idea that I even exist. He'd probably eat me alive if I saunter up and tell a wolf I was spying on him in the bathroom and that I'm him from another universe.

< He puts down the goggles and paces about the room, struggling to make up his mind. Heck, he's still trying to comprehend it all. After an extensive brainstorming session, he decides to wait until the wolf becomes more acquainted with this place before he interacts with him. He creeps over to the dance floor, hoping to keep an eye on the wolf from a distance. >

SinglePringle

Master of Procrastination
<Seeing the new arrival, the cat dances up to you and smiles> Well greetings and welcome to the party!!! Ummm, there was no rush though, you could have gotten fully changed first. <he laughs and presses an amber button on a console. An amber light shines on you as the water lifts off your fur and collects in a floating ball. As the light stops shining on you, the ball floats over to a fountain and merges with it while you now stand with your fur fully dried> So help yourself to anything, snacks, dancing, whatever you're in the mood for! Odds are we got it, this is a big place with lots of cool stuff.

<he looks closely at you> Funny though, I'd swear we'd met earlier, you seem so familiar somehow! Huh! <he shrugs and bops around to the beat>
What the flying hell? < Murichumado thinks to himself as he watches the water collect in a floating ball above him. His thick coat is now completely dry, a feat that would normally take hours with a towel. He barely hears the cat continue to talk, mesmerized as the ball floats over to a fountain and merges with it. >

Am I in a dream? How hard did I hit my head in the shower? <His thoughts spill out over his consciousness, leaving him frozen for several seconds with a blank, dopey stare on his face. Finally catching himself, he turns to find an anthropomorphic cat moving in time with the hip dance music playing out over the speakers. Behind him, other anthros are bopping to the beat. >

Wait, am I in a nightclub? How on Furth (fur + Earth stupid pun lol) did I get here? <Muzzle agape, he turns to the cat.>

Where the heck am I? How did I get here? < He glances down to find only a towel wrapped around his body. His face turns red as his ears fold flat against his skull, tail between his legs. > And... erm, you wouldn't happen to have some clothes I can borrow?

The-Courier

Shipmaster
<the lizard nods and sits comfortably in the empty chair> Oh, so you're a multidimensional traveller too? Mambi gets a lot of visitors from different realms. Me I'm local but enjoy the peace this place offers. <listens to the faint thumping of the music and smiles> Well, mostly peace this place offers in many areas anyway. Apparently there is a dance competition happening later on, but I leave that to those who enjoy it more personally.

I do find this place is excellent for learning and playing with odd spatial forces though. Mambi has some excellent technology here, as you might have seen they just made a stable timelooped torus inside a tesseract in one of the containment cubes. I'll have to ask him what that was all about later on, but at any rate, he's got an excellent library and the garden is very relaxing too. <quickly looks you over> You strike me as a scholar though, a creature of intellect and reservation. Do you have any particular fields of interest? Maybe there's something here you may like...

"I've always been more omniversal than multi-dimensional, but, I suppose yes, I am," he replied with a smile. Odd technology? Certainly a place for his protégé to gallivant about in if he weren't off doing... whatever he was doing with his own private military. He doubted the boy would even come at his request; or even care to see it for that matter.

"I typically don't get much time to myself nowadays, so I haven't really indulged in any hobbies as of late. I suppose one that has stuck with me throughout the years has been the allure of seeing new universes."

<Marius thanks the fox and sips his mango juice as he walks around the table looking at the food choices. His eyes grow wide when he sees a tray of sushi. Reaching into his inside jacket pocket, he produces a small, ornate wooden box. Inside is his is most prized possession; a set of golden chopsticks inlaid with tiny rubies and onyx stones arranged to spell his name. He takes the entire tray and studies the arrangement of sushi as if each roll was a painting in a museum. One at a time, he selects a roll and eats it, savoring each one. When finally satiated, he wipes off the chopsticks and returns them to the box. Rested and full, he proceeds to a console and smashes the red button.>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"!! oh i'm looking to see if i could.. transform myself here"

<the rabbit looks you over closely as lights blink on a display behind her>
While we can restore and accelerate any cellular repairs required, I regret to inform you we do not currently have the ability to alter the DNA beyond the patient's base-standard for their species. In addition, any superficial surface-level alteration surgery would be excruciatingly painful, irreversible, and would have a 28% chance of rejection...therefore not recommended.

Do you have any other medical needs at this time?

florance the fox

zorua time!
<the rabbit looks you over closely as lights blink on a display behind her> While we can restore and accelerate any cellular repairs required, I regret to inform you we do not currently have the ability to alter the DNA beyond the patient's base-standard for their species. In addition, any superficial surface-level alteration surgery would be excruciatingly painful, irreversible, and would have a 28% chance of rejection...therefore not recommended.

Do you have any other medical needs at this time?
"....no i'm good" *would head out of the room sighing*

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Murichurado's heart pounds in his chest. What the hell is happening? The wolf, a parallel version of himself, no less, is currently at the same spot he tumbled into this dreamlike world himself. Should he talk to him? A stupid look of concentration masks his face as he becomes lost in the swirling mass of thoughts in his mind. >

What the hell would I say? No doubt the wolf has no idea that I even exist. He'd probably eat me alive if I saunter up and tell a wolf I was spying on him in the bathroom and that I'm him from another universe.

< He puts down the goggles and paces about the room, struggling to make up his mind. Heck, he's still trying to comprehend it all. After an extensive brainstorming session, he decides to wait until the wolf becomes more acquainted with this place before he interacts with him. He creeps over to the dance floor, hoping to keep an eye on the wolf from a distance. >

<going downstairs again to the music and lights, you see the cat grooving while talking to your lupine counterpart. Overcome with curiosity, you see the cat dry off the wolf and get a sense of deja-vu as this happened to you as well. You go over to a chair and grabbing a juice from a passing tray, sit casually and watch the wolf subtily>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
What the flying hell? < Murichumado thinks to himself as he watches the water collect in a floating ball above him. His thick coat is now completely dry, a feat that would normally take hours with a towel. He barely hears the cat continue to talk, mesmerized as the ball floats over to a fountain and merges with it. >

Am I in a dream? How hard did I hit my head in the shower? <His thoughts spill out over his consciousness, leaving him frozen for several seconds with a blank, dopey stare on his face. Finally catching himself, he turns to find an anthropomorphic cat moving in time with the hip dance music playing out over the speakers. Behind him, other anthros are bopping to the beat. >

Wait, am I in a nightclub? How on Furth (fur + Earth stupid pun lol) did I get here? <Muzzle agape, he turns to the cat.>

Where the heck am I? How did I get here? < He glances down to find only a towel wrapped around his body. His face turns red as his ears fold flat against his skull, tail between his legs. > And... erm, you wouldn't happen to have some clothes I can borrow?

<the cat giggles and explains>
Well, you're in my realm and this isn't a club, it's just a party I'm throwing! You got here by invitation probably, I sent out some rifts and an open invite so I'm guessing you just fell through one. <looks you over> And apparently straight from the bathtub it seems! <he laughs and points to a door marked "supplies"> Here, you can go in there and make any clothing you want, I'll be dancing out here and...

<the cat stops suddenly and tilts his head curiously
> Woah, deja-vu. For real, I...I swear I've had this conversation before, just today! That's so odd!!!

<you leave the cat to his confusion and enter the room. Inside the room, you see a large wall of computer monitors and several large tubes and other assorted technology. A large plastic box is clearly the centrepiece of the room, as most of the other units link to it, as the cat finally joins you, and walks you over to one of the monitors on the wall. >

Ok, simple enough to use...use this interface here to choose the clothing and textures/colours you want, and when you like what you see, press the brown button over here <points> and they'll be made in the box. Use the dials and buttons there to scroll through the options, and alter them in any way with the interface below it. You can get changed anywhere here, and we'll see you when you're done! I'll just be outside.

<the cat leaves and notices a human watching them closely as he closes the door>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I've always been more omniversal than multi-dimensional, but, I suppose yes, I am," he replied with a smile. Odd technology? Certainly a place for his protégé to gallivant about in if he weren't off doing... whatever he was doing with his own private military. He doubted the boy would even come at his request; or even care to see it for that matter.

"I typically don't get much time to myself nowadays, so I haven't really indulged in any hobbies as of late. I suppose one that has stuck with me throughout the years has been the allure of seeing new universes."

<the lizard beams with that>
Oh then you are in the right room all right. Mambi's got some amazing telescopes here, plus that rift over there is literally another universe. <he points with his tail to the roped-off rift> It's fascinating to see what happens in different environments, isn't it? Different physics, different chemistry, amazing results.

Why just the other day I was looking at a planet circling a black hole instead of a star, and since the energy output is ultraviolet and X-ray primarily, all the plants have developed a high-energy chlorophyll equivalent, so the leaves are black and purple instead of green, and the plants are huge! It was quite amazing to see the forests and fields on that world. Another one I saw had a high-gravity planet, so all the plants were stronger than steel! There, a daily growing under a vehicle toppled it overnight...lifted it just like a car jack!

<the lizard blushes a little
> Oh sorry, my interest is primary exobiology so I get excited discussing it. But yes, I love exploring new places too...

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius thanks the fox and sips his mango juice as he walks around the table looking at the food choices. His eyes grow wide when he sees a tray of sushi. Reaching into his inside jacket pocket, he produces a small, ornate wooden box. Inside is his is most prized possession; a set of golden chopsticks inlaid with tiny rubies and onyx stones arranged to spell his name. He takes the entire tray and studies the arrangement of sushi as if each roll was a painting in a museum. One at a time, he selects a roll and eats it, savoring each one. When finally satiated, he wipes off the chopsticks and returns them to the box. Rested and full, he proceeds to a console and smashes the red button.>

<while enjoying the sushi thoroughly, you do notice that it tastes slightly different than expected. Carefully examining a piece to learn why, you see that the meat inside is not actually fish but rather seems like a fish-flavoured tofu-like substance. Looking closer at the table, you see that there is no actual meat on the table at all, but rather flavoured tofu pieces when applicable. You smell the fish-like substance and are amazed at how closely it resembles your precious meats, realizing that the cat is apparently a vegetarian. Still delicious though, you swallow the last piece and press the button as a semi-transparent holographic rabbit shimmers and appears before you with a friendly smile>

Greeting and welcome, how may I assist you?

Greeting and welcome, how may I assist you?

<Marius studies the holographic rabbit with a delighted smile. He pokes a fwinger through the projection>

"Hi. My name is Marius and I'm a merganser. There's a fox back there who said you might have chosen a rabbit for your representative form...you, uh, ever try being a duck?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius studies the holographic rabbit with a delighted smile. He pokes a fwinger through the projection>

"Hi. My name is Marius and I'm a merganser. There's a fox back there who said you might have chosen a rabbit for your representative form...you, uh, ever try being a duck?"

<she looks down at your finger as it passes through her bemused> I am Aurora, and I am this structure you are inside. This form is merely a projection, and the appearance and subspecies was selected by my original designer during creation. It appears pleasing to most so alteration has not been considered in recent time, however if you wish I can show you an alternate form. <she waves her paw for a moment, and suddenly beside her shimmers an almost identical version of the bunny in minimal clothing and blue transparent look, except instead of long ears and a fluffy tail, the image clearly has a bill, webbed feet, and is shorter with feathers made of light coming from her>

<the image of the duck bows and stands close to the rabbit, as they both smile and speak to you in unison>
This would be the alternate look if my subspecies was selected to be Anatidae. If you approve of this alternate design, I can arrange this form to be selected for you in the future.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"....no i'm good" *would head out of the room sighing*

<as you re-emerge into the main hall, you see the dancing guests at the far end enjoying the lightshow and the music with the cat himself bopping his hips to the beat, and the dining room enterance to your right, with several people coming out holding snacks and other goodies>

<the image of the duck bows and stands close to the rabbit, as they both smile and speak to you in unison> This would be the alternate look if my subspecies was selected to be Anatidae. If you approve of this alternate design, I can arrange this form to be selected for you in the future.

<Marius returns the bow as is customary for his species and blushes despite only wearing a jacket himself.>
"Wow, much better! So I've hit the fountains and the buffet and I feel like a mooch while your serving all these guests. Anything I can do to help?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius returns the bow as is customary for his species and blushes despite only wearing a jacket himself.>
"Wow, much better! So I've hit the fountains and the buffet and I feel like a mooch while your serving all these guests. Anything I can do to help?"

<the rabbit looks at the duck and nods, vanishing with a staticy shimmer, as the duck's image remains and continues uninterrupted in the same polite female robotic voice>
I am not certain contact with the fountains is recommended, as internal scanners show the tactile strength of the fountain exceeds your estimated bone structure compression force. Contact with the buffet section would be disruptive to other guests but injuries would be minor. If medical aid is required, the infirmary is located down that hall.
<she points to the white door with the red cross and then folds her hands behind her back politely>

<she stops for a moment and then speaks coldly>
As to your other inquiry, at the moment no assistance is required in the physical sense, however I believe you may possess a unique skillset that may be able to utilize if you are willing. <she tilts her head slightly> Are you able to provide "humour", or teach methods of providing it? I have attempted to do so for presentation purposes, but several guests have informed me that I required massive adjustment to my humour subroutines...to summarize their actual responses to my attempts. If this requests encompasses your definition of "anything I can do", my references are limited and any assistance in this matter would be appreciated. <you stare at her unblinking eyes...unsure what to say to such an unexpected request from her>

"Humor, eh? Well, you're in luck; it's a well known fact that ducks are the funniest animals on the planet!"

<Marius rubs the under part of his bill where a chin would be as he momentarily stares off into space.>

"Though, I have no idea why..."

<He snaps back to attention>

"Well, different people find different things to be funny and there are lots of different types of humor; <counting off on his four fwingers> satire, impressions, word play, puns, parody, pranks, joke telling, slapstick...<he stops after running out of fwingers> the idea is to make someone laugh. Sometimes it's at someone else's expense and there's a limit to how far that can go before it's not funny anymore. Anything in particular you're interested in?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Humor, eh? Well, you're in luck; it's a well known fact that ducks are the funniest animals on the planet!"

<Marius rubs the under part of his bill where a chin would be as he momentarily stares off into space.>

"Though, I have no idea why..."

<He snaps back to attention>

"Well, different people find different things to be funny and there are lots of different types of humor; <counting off on his four fwingers> satire, impressions, word play, puns, parody, pranks, joke telling, slapstick...<he stops after running out of fwingers> the idea is to make someone laugh. Sometimes it's at someone else's expense and there's a limit to how far that can go before it's not funny anymore. Anything in particular you're interested in?"

<she listens unblinking as you describe the styles, then asks in an inquisitive tone> So the concept of humour is random then and by nature illogical? If the idea is to make others laugh, and anyone can laugh over anything or not, then by your definition literally any action can be deemed humourous, even actions that cause harm to a per-defined point that varies depending on the individual with no feedback mechanism to prepare. If true, that would make the details of how to provide "humour" nebulous and undefinable. Have I misinterpreted your statements? <the duck image blinks twice and tilts her head>

As to particular points of reference, based on previous feedback, I would like to focus on "pun" and "parody" and "jokes" and redefine from there, as your advice should be of the nature that they can be easily incorporated into my verbal subroutines. Caution: due to my avatar's intangible form subcategory: slapstick may not be practical.