• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I was always more focused on the art of civilization and how one could grow under the conditions of their universe," Hemmingsworth replied, reclining back into the couch. His appearance placed him somewhere in his sixties, or maybe seventies - but his eyes conveyed that he was far older than he looked.
"My primary hobby is the art of sword-fighting, one could say. My duties place me as the head of the warrior branch of my particular religious order. We have different chapters all over the omniverse, but they all ultimately report to the heads of the different branches."

Clearing his throat, Hemmingsworth supposed that he could indulge such information - it wasn't like his own order wasn't down-low. They were everywhere, almost.
"My own protégé runs a private military. I can barely keep a leash on him when he gets out of hand, but he listens to me."

<the lizard looks on amazed>
Ah, I knew you were cultured, it's only natural that would be your interest. If you're interested in the growth of civilizations though, are you aware that Mambi and this structure dates back close to 4000 years? It's true...he told me the tale. Mambi stopped aging after he got his powers and that predated the Egyptian pharaohs based on his description. Plus most of the technology here comes from the Andromeda galaxy before their war when they were at their peak, and that was a good 2500 years ago. Do you see? You are literally sitting in a historical museum that personally observed the rise of civilization! <the lizard laughs> But yeah, Mambi can tell you tales he personally witnessed from centuries, and he's travelled around so he saw a lot.

So you're a religious warrior as well? Interesting! Is you protege here at the party as well? We welcome all faiths in this place, so that won't be a problem, but may I ask what the root beliefs are? Reigious discussions are always so fascinating when done in peace and not for conversion, and if branches are ahcross the omniverse, it is clearly a multitiered orginization, presumably with a hierarchy. Though if you have protege's with private paramilitaries, I'm going to assume you are not necessarily a "turn the other cheek" pacifist sort of faith? <grins and listens intently>

<she listens unblinking as you describe the styles, then asks in an inquisitive tone> So the concept of humour is random then and by nature illogical? If the idea is to make others laugh, and anyone can laugh over anything or not, then by your definition literally any action can be deemed humourous, even actions that cause harm to a per-defined point that varies depending on the individual with no feedback mechanism to prepare. If true, that would make the details of how to provide "humour" nebulous and undefinable. Have I misinterpreted your statements? <the duck image blinks twice and tilts her head>

As to particular points of reference, based on previous feedback, I would like to focus on "pun" and "parody" and "jokes" and redefine from there, as your advice should be of the nature that they can be easily incorporated into my verbal subroutines. Caution: due to my avatar's intangible form subcategory: slapstick may not be practical.

"Well, yes, humor is very subjective. I suppose physical comedy would be a little difficult in your cur-..."

<Marius trails off as he watches a line of rabbits taking away empty platters of food and replacing them with full ones. An uncharacteristically evil grin grows on on his face. He winks at Aurora and stops one of the rabbits.>

"Hold on there, little rabbit friend." <He places his fwingers on top of the rabbit's head and lifts him up off the ground, rotating him so they are face to face before gently setting him back on the ground.> "What kind of pies are those?"

The-Courier

Shipmaster
<the lizard looks on amazed> Ah, I knew you were cultured, it's only natural that would be your interest. If you're interested in the growth of civilizations though, are you aware that Mambi and this structure dates back close to 4000 years? It's true...he told me the tale. Mambi stopped aging after he got his powers and that predated the Egyptian pharaohs based on his description. Plus most of the technology here comes from the Andromeda galaxy before their war when they were at their peak, and that was a good 2500 years ago. Do you see? You are literally sitting in a historical museum that personally observed the rise of civilization! <the lizard laughs> But yeah, Mambi can tell you tales he personally witnessed from centuries, and he's travelled around so he saw a lot.

So you're a religious warrior as well? Interesting! Is you protege here at the party as well? We welcome all faiths in this place, so that won't be a problem, but may I ask what the root beliefs are? Reigious discussions are always so fascinating when done in peace and not for conversion, and if branches are ahcross the omniverse, it is clearly a multitiered orginization, presumably with a hierarchy. Though if you have protege's with private paramilitaries, I'm going to assume you are not necessarily a "turn the other cheek" pacifist sort of faith? <grins and listens intently>
"We are far from pacifist, but most of the other branches avoid getting into combat if they can," the man replied with a small, friendly gesture. He leaned forward, draping his arms in his lap and folding his hands.
"My protégé is currently in a different universe helping to... relieve an empire from constant war. He's been making great strides."

Getting back to the primary topic, he simply cleared his throat.
"We follow two gods that ascended from normal beings, the current head of our order did the same, though in a... different manner. When he infused himself with the multiverse he came from, he offered me the same deal. I... rejected it to keep my own humanity."
Hemmingsworth cleared his throat and gave a friendly smile. He wasn't going to say his own age out of the blue, but if asked he held no qualms in doing so.

"The warrior branch of our order specializes in carrying out personal tasks from the gods themselves. That typically involves rather unsavory things, such as assassination of those who would be a threat if left unchecked."

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
<the cat giggles and explains> Well, you're in my realm and this isn't a club, it's just a party I'm throwing! You got here by invitation probably, I sent out some rifts and an open invite so I'm guessing you just fell through one. <looks you over> And apparently straight from the bathtub it seems! <he laughs and points to a door marked "supplies"> Here, you can go in there and make any clothing you want, I'll be dancing out here and...

<the cat stops suddenly and tilts his head curiously> Woah, deja-vu. For real, I...I swear I've had this conversation before, just today! That's so odd!!!

<you leave the cat to his confusion and enter the room. Inside the room, you see a large wall of computer monitors and several large tubes and other assorted technology. A large plastic box is clearly the centrepiece of the room, as most of the other units link to it, as the cat finally joins you, and walks you over to one of the monitors on the wall. >

Ok, simple enough to use...use this interface here to choose the clothing and textures/colours you want, and when you like what you see, press the brown button over here <points> and they'll be made in the box. Use the dials and buttons there to scroll through the options, and alter them in any way with the interface below it. You can get changed anywhere here, and we'll see you when you're done! I'll just be outside.

<the cat leaves and notices a human watching them closely as he closes the door>
What does he mean, "deja vu?" Does he have a weird fetish for abducting people from bathrooms? < He pushes that thought outside and turns his attention to the device.>

All right... should be easy enough <Murichumado thinks, scrolling through the outfits. > I need something that's not too flashy, something that just lets me blend in with the background. <He stops on a simple red t-shirt, black hoodie, and tan cargo shorts. The hoodie and t-shirt come out fine, but he has to re-print the pants multiple times to get his tail-hole right. He gets a little frustrated but after multiple attempts and mashing buttons his tail finally fits through the hole correctly. He admires himself briefly, doing a couple flex poses in the mirror. Finally feeling satisfied, he reopens the door and examines the party for the first time. >

There's a lot more to this than I thought... but I might as well enjoy whatever this place is while I'm stuck here. < He looks over the dance floor to see a bunch of animals bopping to the beat of club music. The music pulses throughout the room, filling it with a vibrant energy. Murichumado isn't much of a party animal, though, at least not without a few drinks first. Besides, he wants to explore the full extent of this place. He walks up back to the cat who spoke to him earlier. He assumes the cat probably knows a lot about this place, so he'd be a good start. >

"Yo, what's the wackiest thing you've got here? "

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
<going downstairs again to the music and lights, you see the cat grooving while talking to your lupine counterpart. Overcome with curiosity, you see the cat dry off the wolf and get a sense of deja-vu as this happened to you as well. You go over to a chair and grabbing a juice from a passing tray, sit casually and watch the wolf subtily>
Woah, is that him? < He hides behind a wall and squints in their general direction, unaware of just how obvious he looks. Unaware of the weird stares he's getting, he tiptoes behind a decoration and peeks out from behind it. That cat, Mambi was it- was talking to the wolf he saw earlier, the lemon yellow towel wrapped around his waist confirming it. He stiffles a chuckle as the water flies off his fur. He remembers when it was him in that exact same spot. >

Is that what I looked like when I arrived? Crap, that's so embarrassing. I bet I looked even more like an idiot than he does. < He laughs as he watches the wolf bolt into the supply room, towel in paw. It's so... cringey. It's exactly what he did, but the wolf is smarter. He emerges in a socially acceptable hoodie and cargo shorts after what seems like hours. >

What took him so long? < He ponders as he watches the wolf nervously walk onto the dance floor where the cat is dancing. > Frick, they're talking. I can't hear them from here. < He moves in closer in an attempt to overhear them, but absent-mindedly stumbles onto the flashing multi-colored tiles of the dance floor. Suddenly he finds himself being pushed and shoved amongst throngs of pulsing bodies, most if not all of them covered in some sort of fur. He's certain he's swallowed several mouthfuls of hair by the time he pushes through the crowds. After several minutes of clawing, pushing, and awkwardly flailing about, he finally breaks through to where he though the conversation was happening, except the wolf is long gone. >

Frick.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Well, yes, humor is very subjective. I suppose physical comedy would be a little difficult in your cur-..."

<Marius trails off as he watches a line of rabbits taking away empty platters of food and replacing them with full ones. An uncharacteristically evil grin grows on on his face. He winks at Aurora and stops one of the rabbits.>

"Hold on there, little rabbit friend." <He places his fingers on top of the rabbit's head and lifts him up off the ground, rotating him so they are face to face before gently setting him back on the ground.> "What kind of pies are those?"

<the small rabbit looks up slightly indignantly at his handling, but responds professionally>
Errr, these are a small sampling from the bakery out back. We have cherry, apple, coconut cream and lemon meringue. May I offer you some kind sir? <the holographic rabbit watches curiously>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"We are far from pacifist, but most of the other branches avoid getting into combat if they can," the man replied with a small, friendly gesture. He leaned forward, draping his arms in his lap and folding his hands.
"My protégé is currently in a different universe helping to... relieve an empire from constant war. He's been making great strides."

Getting back to the primary topic, he simply cleared his throat.
"We follow two gods that ascended from normal beings, the current head of our order did the same, though in a... different manner. When he infused himself with the multiverse he came from, he offered me the same deal. I... rejected it to keep my own humanity."
Hemmingsworth cleared his throat and gave a friendly smile. He wasn't going to say his own age out of the blue, but if asked he held no qualms in doing so.

"The warrior branch of our order specializes in carrying out personal tasks from the gods themselves. That typically involves rather unsavory things, such as assassination of those who would be a threat if left unchecked."

Ah, the path of any warrior with a good heart...willing to fight when needed, but knowing that peace is what you're fighting for and not glory. I hope your protege will be ok in his work. Untangling the complexities of a war can often be exhausting, but the rewards would have to make it worth it I assume.

<he listens to the description of your job> Oh I see! You would be what some would call an "angel" then: a servant of your god willing to do the tasks in their name for the greater vision. Every stable system has the soldiers that work in the background and outside the morals taught, so I am not surprised. This explains why you seem hesitant to speak of the details, got in the habit of secrecy for your task I presume? <he grins slyly> I guess it's only prudent to ask what the gods you follow wish for us and...

<the lizard suddenly stiffens in realization>
Hold on a second...you're here on UNofficial business, right? Because if you plan to kill someone I assure you nobody here is any threat to the universe...or...<thinks hard to how mere minutes ago Mambi could have actually destroyed the universe if he wasn't careful, then thinks to all the other times Mambi had dangerous items laying around, and stops himself> On second thought, never mind, but still, Mambi or anyone else here is not dangerous I promise!!! <looks around nervously, keeping an eye on your weapons>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
What does he mean, "deja vu?" Does he have a weird fetish for abducting people from bathrooms? < He pushes that thought outside and turns his attention to the device.>

All right... should be easy enough <Murichumado thinks, scrolling through the outfits. > I need something that's not too flashy, something that just lets me blend in with the background. <He stops on a simple red t-shirt, black hoodie, and tan cargo shorts. The hoodie and t-shirt come out fine, but he has to re-print the pants multiple times to get his tail-hole right. He gets a little frustrated but after multiple attempts and mashing buttons his tail finally fits through the hole correctly. He admires himself briefly, doing a couple flex poses in the mirror. Finally feeling satisfied, he reopens the door and examines the party for the first time. >

There's a lot more to this than I thought... but I might as well enjoy whatever this place is while I'm stuck here. < He looks over the dance floor to see a bunch of animals bopping to the beat of club music. The music pulses throughout the room, filling it with a vibrant energy. Murichumado isn't much of a party animal, though, at least not without a few drinks first. Besides, he wants to explore the full extent of this place. He walks up back to the cat who spoke to him earlier. He assumes the cat probably knows a lot about this place, so he'd be a good start. >

"Yo, what's the wackiest thing you've got here? "

<the black cat turns and sees you emerging> Well now, looking a lot better I see! Well wacky is a relative term, but if you're looking for the unusual, we have a floating pool in the back, the observatory has VR and other dimensional viewing, most of the furniture is morphemic, the gardens has total climate weather controls, intoxicants in the nip private rooms make anything wacky I suppose, some crazy foods behind the fields, I got dimensional infinity cubes in the basement, collections of universal stuff, I guess it kind of depends on what you're into I suppose! After all, it's all normal to me! <he presses a button and a shimmering holographic rabbit appears> Hey Aurora, what do you think is the wackiest thing here?

<she replies in a female monotone voice> Based on guest feedback, dimensional sphere 2 or garden or myself would be classified as "wacky", however I am currently learning more "wacky" classifications from one of our guests in the dining room. Once complete, my personal wackiness may be increased for reclassification.

<the cat looks at her curiously> Wait, you're what? You are? From who? What are you learning?

I am learning humour from user @Marius Merganser and the lesson being taught at this moment is unknown. Currently he has intercepted a servant with pies. I am observing by his request for further input and analysis.

OH MY, I see!!! <the cat pictures a huge mess in the making and knows Aurora's historical limitations in comprehension> Ummm, gotta go, this could be bad! Feel free to follow if you want!!! <the cat's eyes glow and a shimmering rift forms in front of him. As the rift parts, you see a dining hall through the hole with several tables of food and others behind a purple energy barrier. As the holographic bunny watches the cat enter the rift, you see several trays being replaced piled with cheeses and other snacks, and off to one side you see an almost identical holographic duck talking to a real duck (@Marius Merganser ) and a smaller 'real' rabbit who's holding a tray of pies. The cat tries carefully to make his way to them as you decide whether to follow him through the energy rift or remain where you are>

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Woah, is that him? < He hides behind a wall and squints in their general direction, unaware of just how obvious he looks. Unaware of the weird stares he's getting, he tiptoes behind a decoration and peeks out from behind it. That cat, Mambi was it- was talking to the wolf he saw earlier, the lemon yellow towel wrapped around his waist confirming it. He stiffles a chuckle as the water flies off his fur. He remembers when it was him in that exact same spot. >

Is that what I looked like when I arrived? Crap, that's so embarrassing. I bet I looked even more like an idiot than he does. < He laughs as he watches the wolf bolt into the supply room, towel in paw. It's so... cringey. It's exactly what he did, but the wolf is smarter. He emerges in a socially acceptable hoodie and cargo shorts after what seems like hours. >

What took him so long? < He ponders as he watches the wolf nervously walk onto the dance floor where the cat is dancing. > Frick, they're talking. I can't hear them from here. < He moves in closer in an attempt to overhear them, but absent-mindedly stumbles onto the flashing multi-colored tiles of the dance floor. Suddenly he finds himself being pushed and shoved amongst throngs of pulsing bodies, most if not all of them covered in some sort of fur. He's certain he's swallowed several mouthfuls of hair by the time he pushes through the crowds. After several minutes of clawing, pushing, and awkwardly flailing about, he finally breaks through to where he though the conversation was happening, except the wolf is long gone. >

Frick.
<looking around, you see a shimmering rift hanging in the air, and looking inside you see plates of food and other guests. Clearly this is the dining area, but isn't the dining area down the hall? You see the cat inside the hole and seeing his eyes glowing now understand what's happening. Looking inside the hole, you cannot yet see the wolf...did he follow the cat or is he somewhere else? Peering deeper trying to see the wolf and seeing a holographic duck standing in the hole's room, you try to remember how to access them as maybe they can help you find the wolf you're looking for, remember how they knew he arrived in the first place and where they were>

Last edited:
<the small rabbit looks up slightly indignantly at his handling, but responds professionally> Errr, these are a small sampling from the bakery out back. We have cherry, apple, coconut cream and lemon meringue. May I offer you some kind sir? <the holographic rabbit watches curiously>

"Ah, thank you."
<Marius selects a lemon meringue pie.>

"You see, my holographic duck friend, here, was curious about slapstick comedy. And smashing this lemon meringue pie in your face would be classic."
<The rabbit starts to panic as Marius readies the pie in throwing position, but then turns to address Aurora.>

"But! I'm not a villain, so attacking the innocent rabbit wouldn't be funny. He would need to provoke me first."

<Much to the rabbit's relief, he hands the pie safely back to the rabbit and gives him an exaggerated wink>
"Now, suppose I said I would like to purchase this pie but since I don't have any money on me, can you put it on my bill..."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Ah, thank you."
<Marius selects a lemon meringue pie.>

"You see, my holographic duck friend, here, was curious about slapstick comedy. And smashing this lemon meringue pie in your face would be classic."
<The rabbit starts to panic as Marius readies the pie in throwing position, but then turns to address Aurora.>

"But! I'm not a villain, so attacking the innocent rabbit wouldn't be funny. He would need to provoke me first."

<Much to the rabbit's relief, he hands the pie safely back to the rabbit and gives him an exaggerated wink>
"Now, suppose I said I would like to purchase this pie but since I don't have any money on me, can you put it on my bill..."

<the transparent duck looks on confused as you stop your throw> Query: if he provoked you into agitation and you responded by physical assault, this is humourous? But you have described a brawl or combat, which according to my morality subroutines is considered a state to avoid for safety and happiness. Therefore your example is illogical as this is a crime as well as causing embarrassment and humiliation to the smaller life-form. I am sorry but I do not understand where the pleasurable sensation of humour would originate in this particular scenario.

<the holoduck's eyes widen slightly as she hears your pun> Ah, I believe I understand this part of your example. The act of him placing the pie on top of your bill instead of giving it to you to eat would be incongruous to typical expectations, and because this action is not harmful this is considered humourous! Subcategory: zany silly. Am I correct in my interpretation? <she looks at you with what you swear is a gleam of hopefulness in her eyes>

Last edited:
<the transparent duck looks on confused as you stop your throw> Query: if he provoked you into agitation and you responded by physical assault, this is humourous? But you have described a brawl or combat, which according to my morality subroutines is considered a state to avoid for safety and happiness. Therefore your example is illogical as this is a crime as well as causing embarrassment and humiliation to the smaller life-form. I am sorry but I do not understand where the pleasurable sensation of humour would originate in this particular scenario.

<the holoduck's eyes widen slightly as she hears your pun> Ah, I believe I understand this part of your example. The act of him placing the pie on top of your bill instead of giving it to you to eat would be incongruous to typical expectations, and because this action is not harmful this is considered humourous! Subcategory: zany silly. Am I correct in my interpretation? <she looks at you with what you swear is a gleam of hopefulness in her eyes>

It's not so much the actual assault that's funny, but the method used. A pie to the face is generally harmless while the use of heavy, blunt objects like anvils, safes, or nuclear submarines is reserved for cartoon-y characters. Slapstick is often most effective when the two subjects are established rivals, and the humor is found by the audience.

And that's right about the pie! Our little rabbit friend could have gone in two directions. Since 'Put it on my bill' is an expression to keep a running tab of money owed, he could have unintentionally taken the expression literally and attempted to balance the pie on my physical bill. Or he could have feigned misunderstanding and smashed the pie in my face. At that point, I could pick up one of the other pies, like this..." <Marius picks up another pie and holds it in throwing position, causing the rabbit to panic again> "and responded by smashing it on HIS face and escalating the slapstick".

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
It's not so much the actual assault that's funny, but the method used. A pie to the face is generally harmless while the use of heavy, blunt objects like anvils, safes, or nuclear submarines is reserved for cartoon-y characters. Slapstick is often most effective when the two subjects are established rivals, and the humor is found by the audience.

And that's right about the pie! Our little rabbit friend could have gone in two directions. Since 'Put it on my bill' is an expression to keep a running tab of money owed, he could have unintentionally taken the expression literally and attempted to balance the pie on my physical bill. Or he could have feigned misunderstanding and smashed the pie in my face. At that point, I could pick up one of the other pies, like this..." <Marius picks up another pie and holds it in throwing position, causing the rabbit to panic again> "and responded by smashing it on HIS face and escalating the slapstick".

I believe I understand: slapstick does not work without a carefully measured degree of schadenfreude. The humour is generated by satisfaction of seeing a harmless justice delivered, but as the injustice increases and the retaliatory measures increase, the humour decreases as the initial crime now outweighs the harmless response. As long as the embarrassment is minor or justified by morality balance, humour occurs! <she stands straight, her bill smiling proudly>

<she then stops and lowers her bill in apparent thought>
To continue the logic path, since this rabbit here is innocent of anything requiring retaliation, he does not qualify for slapstick assault <the rabbit exhales in relief at this>. He would need to initiate an action first. Therefore, the correct way to approach slapstick is to agitate the subject until they act. but agitation would cause anger first, and the humour would be delivered to others and not the subject? This is confusing to me.

<she turns to the small rabbit> Would you enjoy having a pie smashed into your face? <he shakes his head nervously as the duck turns back to you> If he does not enjoy it, then logic dictates slapstick humour requires a third party for proper functioning as well as proper prepration time and careful moral balance. Conclusion: I do not believe subcategory: slapstick is going to be safe or practical for me to attempt to execute. May we focus on the act of balancing a pie on your bill instead or alternate wordplay? Or we can continue to abuse this rabbit for demonstration purposes if you prefer.

<the rabbit timidly squeaks out> Ex-excuse me, but I really have to go back to my duties, thankyouverymuch! <he walks right through the holographic duck, practically running back through the main doors as you and the duck watches him leave. She turns to you and smiles> I believe he was amused, do you?

Last edited:

The-Courier

Shipmaster
Ah, the path of any warrior with a good heart...willing to fight when needed, but knowing that peace is what you're fighting for and not glory. I hope your protege will be ok in his work. Untangling the complexities of a war can often be exhausting, but the rewards would have to make it worth it I assume.

<he listens to the description of your job> Oh I see! You would be what some would call an "angel" then: a servant of your god willing to do the tasks in their name for the greater vision. Every stable system has the soldiers that work in the background and outside the morals taught, so I am not surprised. This explains why you seem hesitant to speak of the details, got in the habit of secrecy for your task I presume? <he grins slyly> I guess it's only prudent to ask what the gods you follow wish for us and...

<the lizard suddenly stiffens in realization> Hold on a second...you're here on UNofficial business, right? Because if you plan to kill someone I assure you nobody here is any threat to the universe...or...<thinks hard to how mere minutes ago Mambi could have actually destroyed the universe if he wasn't careful, then thinks to all the other times Mambi had dangerous items laying around, and stops himself> On second thought, never mind, but still, Mambi or anyone else here is not dangerous I promise!!! <looks around nervously, keeping an eye on your weapons>
"I'm here simply because I got the invitation. I would have sent my protégé in my stead, but he decided he his services were needed elsewhere," the human explained. He pursed his lips for a moment, deciding best how answer the gods question.
"I'm not entirely sure what they wish for us, only that I know that they wish us to merely perform our duties. Our primary goal is to collect information from dead, or dying civilizations. This most often comes with it a line of work that can be dangerous, such is the main purpose of my branch."

Cogs in a machine. There were probably other branches dedicated to finding these civilizations and collecting and storing the knowledge itself. How big were their libraries?
"I've no doubt anybody in this place isn't dangerous, so you have nothing to fear from me."
A bit of nasty business that; accidents were accidents and he wasn't going to fault people for them. Intention was what mattered to the man.

florance the fox

zorua time!
<as you re-emerge into the main hall, you see the dancing guests at the far end enjoying the lightshow and the music with the cat himself bopping his hips to the beat, and the dining room enterance to your right, with several people coming out holding snacks and other goodies>
*would stay in a corner thinking*

<she then stops and lowers her bill in apparent thought> To continue the logic path, since this rabbit here is innocent of anything requiring retaliation, he does not qualify for slapstick assault <the rabbit exhales in relief at this>. He would need to initiate an action first. Therefore, the correct way to approach slapstick is to agitate the subject until they act. but agitation would cause anger first, and the humour would be delivered to others and not the subject? This is confusing to me.

<she turns to the small rabbit> Would you enjoy having a pie smashed into your face? <he shakes his head nervously as the duck turns back to you> If he does not enjoy it, then logic dictates slapstick humour requires a third party for proper functioning as well as proper prepration time and careful moral balance. Conclusion: I do not believe subcategory: slapstick is going to be safe or practical for me to attempt to execute. May we focus on the act of balancing a pie on your bill instead or alternate wordplay? Or we can continue to abuse this rabbit for demonstration purposes if you prefer.

<the rabbit timidly squeaks out> Ex-excuse me, but I really have to go back to my duties, thankyouverymuch! <he walks right through the holographic duck, practically running back through the main doors as you and the duck watches him leave. She turns to you and smiles> I believe he was amused, do you?

"I know I am," <Marius watches the rabbit dash off with a smirk and turns back to the hologram>

"But, you're right my Padawan, the one who provokes is the one who deserves getting hit with the pie first.

<Marius, realizing he's still holding a pie, gently places it on his bill and precariously balances it as he continues.>

Now, word play is tricky because you have to be witty since you often have to make up the joke in real time. You can exploit words that have multiple meanings or similar sounds or take figures of expression in a literal way. We can speak in rhymes or use alliteration or innuendo.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I'm here simply because I got the invitation. I would have sent my protégé in my stead, but he decided he his services were needed elsewhere," the human explained. He pursed his lips for a moment, deciding best how answer the gods question.
"I'm not entirely sure what they wish for us, only that I know that they wish us to merely perform our duties. Our primary goal is to collect information from dead, or dying civilizations. This most often comes with it a line of work that can be dangerous, such is the main purpose of my branch."

Cogs in a machine. There were probably other branches dedicated to finding these civilizations and collecting and storing the knowledge itself. How big were their libraries?
"I've no doubt anybody in this place isn't dangerous, so you have nothing to fear from me."
A bit of nasty business that; accidents were accidents and he wasn't going to fault people for them. Intention was what mattered to the man.

<the lizard visibly relaxes, and sighs in relief> Oh I see, thank goodness! I'm sorry for that, I did not mean to offend you. I should have known than Mambi would have only allowed those of a noble heart and noble intentions to party with him. Please forgive me. <blushes through his scales>

As for your duties, as long as they appear moral in the end, I suppose sometimes all you can do is trust what some call "the fates" and you know what? <he leans closer> more often than not that trust is well placed and things work out. <sits back again> So continue your good work please, and if it's a thankless job, know that today, at least today, *I* thank you! <he smiles widely as only a lizard can and nods respectfully>

I do hope though that they don't stretch your ethics in specifically what they ask you to do. The gods work in odd ways...I can only imagine what strange or horrifying things they would ask of their servants sometimes. Have they ever asked you to perform anything too...unsavoury, may I ask? <he listens politely and with genuine curiosity you can tell, not judgment>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I know I am," <Marius watches the rabbit dash off with a smirk and turns back to the hologram>

"But, you're right my Padawan, the one who provokes is the one who deserves getting hit with the pie first.

<Marius, realizing he's still holding a pie, gently places it on his bill and precariously balances it as he continues.>

Now, word play is tricky because you have to be witty since you often have to make up the joke in real time. You can exploit words that have multiple meanings or similar sounds or take figures of expression in a literal way. We can speak in rhymes or use alliteration or innuendo.

<the duck image turns quickly and tilts her head studying you> Thank you for clarification of slapstick protocol but error in designation. I am designate Aurora and not designate Padawan. Curious, you are the fourth guest I have observed showing signs of short term memory loss since this party began. Beginning biotic analysis and taking air samples for further analysis. <you hear a fan start and stop immediately afterwards>

If you forget anything else, please inform me the details of what you no longer remember.

<you see several gusts at the buffet table looking at you balancing the pie and giggling, pointing out to others. Soon a few have stopped to watch as the Mambi the cat finally makes his way over to the table as well having emerged from a shimmering rift and stops short, staying clear but well in view just watching the spectacle himself. He grabs a carrot from the table and sighs in relief that no crazy pies have been thrown about.>

<he then watches Aurora in her duck form and giggles harder despite himself, him being so used to her typical rabbit form. Seeing the positive reaction, the duck pantomimes clapping her hands silently with her eyes closed for a few seconds with a huge smile, and then stops instantly and resumes her normal pose nonchalantly>

JOY!! Humour has clearly been created!!! My initial skill analysis of you was clearly correct, please continue your lesson: I take all terms as literal. That is how users communicate with me. Words have meaning. Multiple meanings are definition: pun. That I have some experience with from user designate Tenshi (@NightmareEyes ) in the form of "cheesy pun". This is a "gooda" lesson you are providing me. <she winks slowly then resumes her unblinking stare>

However you speak of rhymes as a source of humour, and I am uncertain of how this operates to provide humour. I am capable of this, though hit or miss, but if it's just, a rhyming list...then in what way does that provide humour?

Also please extrapolate on subcategory: innuendo? Term unknown...
<the duck leans forward, her feathers glowing bright as they shimmer over her curvy form>

Last edited:
However you speak of rhymes as a source of humour, and I am uncertain of how this operates to provide humour. I am capable of this, though hit or miss, but if it's just, a rhyming list...then in what way does that provide humour?

Also please extrapolate on subcategory: innuendo? Term unknown...
<the duck leans forward, her feathers glowing bright as they shimmer over her curvy form>

<Marius notices the duck lean in, a little more aware of her form. He blushes and starts struggling to balance the pie>

"Uh...yes..." <He clears his throat> "...innuendo..." <The crest feathers on his head stand upright> "That's when you take an expression that clearly means one thing, and suggest it means something more...uh...lewd." <his voice cracking a bit>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius notices the duck lean in, a little more aware of her form. He blushes and starts struggling to balance the pie>

"Uh...yes..." <He clears his throat> "...innuendo..." <The crest feathers on his head stand upright> "That's when you take an expression that clearly means one thing, and suggest it means something more...uh...lewd." <his voice cracking a bit>

<the shimmering duck form tilts her head again, as several guests listen in to the conversation giggling and making quiet comments> Error: noun "lewd" is not in my linguistic database, please explain it's definition as to complete addition of "innuendo" as well. Is suggesting "lewd" humourous, and hence the attempt to link the 2 potential meanings of the same given expression? If so, please teach me how to be "lewd", as I want to make others happy and comfortable inside me.

<she smiles innocently as you see several guests start snickering at that, catching the attention of the duck as she turns to see a few losing it totally coughing on their food. Of course, you realize that she's referring to herself as "the building you're in" and not "the avatar duck" in front of you, and that it truly is possible she was not programmed with any sexual contexts for her role. But yet she's so lifelike and intelligent how could she not know what she just said? Is she even alive? Your brain tries to process what you're seeing and hearing from her, it, whatever, and she turns back to you and notices the pie and your body shaking slightly. She approaches very closely and speaks softly>

Interesting, you appear to be having difficulty in concentrating, and your heart rate and other physiological factors have altered. Are you feeling well Are there any additional memory issues occurring at this time? Your general biological readings appear well within normal parameters yet I should inform you your biochemistry has altered measurably. This is a curious phenomenon...I will continue my scans, but continue with your explanation of "lewd" please.

<you find the duck very distracting with her curvy glowing feathery form so close to you yet untouchable, almost dropping the pie several times as she looks at you intently, politely awaiting your reply>

Last edited:
<Marius blushes harder and takes a small step back, tensing up. He takes the pie off his bill and holds it in front of his chest as if it could maintain some kind of buffer between them, then clears his throat.>

"Oh, really? No, I'm...uh...okay. Just fine! Everything is comfortab- I mean, fine. So 'lewd' is...uh...it...describes something of a...um...sexual nature...but in a way that's considered obscene...or...uh...crude? I...uh...'teach' is um..."

<Marius continues to stutter as he glances at the floor and the pie and ceiling and around the room without actually looking at anything.>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius blushes harder and takes a small step back, tensing up. He takes the pie off his bill and holds it in front of his chest as if it could maintain some kind of buffer between them, then clears his throat.>

"Oh, really? No, I'm...uh...okay. Just fine! Everything is comfortab- I mean, fine. So 'lewd' is...uh...it...describes something of a...um...sexual nature...but in a way that's considered obscene...or...uh...crude? I...uh...'teach' is um..."

<Marius continues to stutter as he glances at the floor and the pie and ceiling and around the room without actually looking at anything.>

<the holoduck notices your nervous reaction and watches with pure curiosity, while the cat tries to hold back laughing as he sees it all unfold, trying to decide how long to let you sweat before saving you, and also curious to see how Aurora handles the "lesson" for his own amusement> This is curious. You describe "lewd" as crude or obscene in referring to sexual matters, but yet alluding to the topic in this manner is humourous? My morality subroutines tell me that direct statements of a sexual nature are to be considered impolite and thus avoided, but you say referring to sexual or mating matters indirectly is not? This is illogical to me.

<she tilts her head and leans in again> Query: Do organics interpret mating as a humourous action? <she sees you getting very nervous at this> Interesting , it appears your verbal processors are malfunctioning as we proceed on this topic. Are you still capable of proceeding to teach me about sexual lewdness for amusement purposes, or is this subcategory somehow harmful to your neural processes?

If thus is the case, I do not wish to harm you further and will explore lewdness from other sources if you prefer, however if you are capable of proceeding with this lesson, it would be most informative please. Is it possible to provide an example of lewd innuendo for comparison purposes?

<she takes a step back to your relief, standing and smiling so innocently while referring so casually to the topic, that you start to see clearly that she apparently has not been programmed with any sexual contexts. Other guests start giggling around you as they see your sweat starting to form, laughing at the show as the cat decided to give it a few moments more at least...>

Last edited: