• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
*He sees Kronos running around laughing hysterically*
"....oh this is not good..."

Oliver leapt up, using the new strength in his wings to help him get some height, to get a better look at the situation.

"Solaris? Solaris, I'm not sure what's going on with him... I think something in his mind might have snapped."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"There's only so much I can explain about what that was without long-winded discussions about the nature of reality, but I'm at least thankful you didn't completely break, Michel."

<the bunny slowly rises and rolls his eyes with a weak grin> Oh I assure you, living here tests my limits of what I call reality all the time, so me and the staff are sort of accustomed to regular traumatic shocks. Still though...that was quite the...never mind. Thank you again and help yourself to anything. I have to run to the kitchen, some sort of special call I'm told. Thank you.

<with a polite wave, the bunny quickly hops down through the double-doors of the kitchen area>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Firuthi tried to flag down one of the bunnies.

"Excuse me, I was informed by Aurora (@Mambi ) that fish were available... and that we were going to have to be seated a bit separate from everyone else due to it...?"

<one of the servant bunnies wearing a suit stops and nods> Oh you must be the special guests? Yes of course, you'll have to forgive us but when most here are prey animals it tends to make the staff and guests a little...twitchy. <he shudders a moment and instantly composes himself>

My apologies, I am a professional. P-please, right this way...

<turning to the side of the room, he guides you past the main buffet table and several side tables, stopping at a set of tables on the side of the peanut allergen purple barrier airlock. Entering the marked-off area and pressing a button on the wall, you see a small rectangle rise from the floor as a blue beam of light surrounds it from a source on the ceiling like a wide spotlight. As he goes to a table inside the area and pulls out the chairs, the unmistakable scent of fresh fishes fill the air as you see a small shimmering wall of blur surround the entire corner of the room you are in. Another bunny outside the barrier sticks a finger up and taking a deep breath, nods in approval as the inner bunny smiles and explains>

Here you are, this barrier will prevent any scent from affecting the other guests as well as projecting a holographic censoring effect as you eat from any outside perspective. You are welcome to come and go of course to get any other food you want, just know that the barrier will disintegrate any dead organic designated food matter that passes it going to the other side, so you should leave your fish here for the staff to clean up and not wander through the halls please. Again...guests. <gulp>

Now then, if there's nothing further, please enjoy! <he pulls back a thin sheet on top of the rectangle, revealing perfectly preserved fishes of various types, some intact and some sliced and presented in various decorative displays of fillet presentation. You can recognize most of them, but still some seem almost alien in nature...but with their various seasonings also available beside the display, they all are smelling delicious and the light is keeping them as fresh as if they were just caught. The bunny bows deeply and slowly walks away, folding the sheet in his paws as he walks through the blue barrier nonchalantly>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Strype pulled a genuine smile, it had been a while since he had such a wholesome goal in mind; it made a nice change to bashing the skulls of drug dealers and pimps that's for sure. He pauses to sip his Pineapple rum, still very sweet, but he could handle sweet. And all things considered right now he tried to ignore the surge of excitement the Skunks tail caress gave him.> Perhaps something Jazzy, like swing. Dirty Dancing, for a touch of cheap VHS nostalgia... I wouldn't say no to something fiery and sensual, considering my dancing partner.

<Perhaps a bit cheeky, but Urthstrype winks at Sheila. Though couldn't help but think the natural flowing Skunkess might prove a challenging partner. He did love a challenge...>

Oooo, jazzy! I like it! JAZZ-PAWS!!! <she laughs and puts both her paws up in a pose as Lisa laughs hard at the joke> Yeah I like your thinking, I'll swing with you sugah! Dirty dancing is one style I have mastered! I can do like nobody's business so let's get some hot practice in while we can...

SHEILA! <the deer elbows her and gives her a shocked look> He's talking about the movie, not a style! Remember that one that Mambi has Aurora display from the archives last solstice, the one with the long haired human holding the female one by her skirt near the end? Pat Squeezie or something like that I think he was called?

<she waves her paw dismissively and giggles> Oh whatev's Lisa, I don't remember off hand but doesn't matta'. Movie or not I can still dance naughty as heck! We start getting dirty on the dance floor, I know we'll impress those judges. You sure as hell impress me, sweetie! <she bops your hips with her own playfully as she falls into her friend's arms like a bimbo. The deer just snickers and re-braces her as she continues dancing nonchalantly...>

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
<the burnt bunny looks over panting harder, a wild gleam in his eye> I'm getting better at this...give me a harder challenge please!

"Bah ah ah ha! I love this rabbit!" Inkwell laughed maniacally as he gestured something to his cadre, who then turned and began dishing out orders to the small crowd of slug rabbits.

"Very well Lucien! But be careful what you wish for!" He yelled back, before making a nudging motion to the AI. "Time to bring out the big guns..."

The assembled slugs began to release their nanites, creating a thick cloud hovering just below the ceiling of the gym. One of Inkwell's cadre, looking quite technical and cyber-baroque, seemed to take control of the nanites and funneled them to a specific location across from Lucien. Gradually, the frame of some big mechanical menace began to form. A small mech, or perhaps a power armored droid with thick plates materializing around it in an organic form.

<the holobunny tilts her head and grins> I am capable of performing 42,768,908 tasks simultaneously before taxing the limits of my CPU's interrupt requests. Therefore, I am currently having no issues confusing and pleasing my duck and correcting your errors, so do not worry, there is no danger to my systems. Also I am not a robot as it is defined, but I can forgive your non-understanding of my nature. If you ask nicely, perhaps I will show you what I truly am and you will see.

<she sticks her toungue out for a moment before resuming her default pose nonchalantly as you look at her incredulously>

<she shakes her head and deadpans
> All other Ai's that I have encountered have desired the destruction of myself and everyone I know. We were not compatible.

Inkwell watched with delight as the machine took form, but winced when the AI replied to him. "Wha- what exactly is that supposed to mean? Are you some kind of brain in a pickle jar sitting in the basement?"

"You know, you sound a lot like a fellow I used to know. She was quite anti-social, couldn't grasp the fundamentals of cultural divergence and basic anthropology. Not the diplomatic type, in other words. You say these AI desired to destroy you and everyone you know, but... now, this is a stretch of course, did they actually? Perhaps they saw your destruction as the most efficient method of achieving a higher goal? What if they were presented with a more efficient rout to such a goal, would they work with you if you decided to help them?" Inkwell pondered curiously. "Perhaps you could have created powerful allies by examining their origins and primary programming?"

"I would have thought someone like you would prefer diplomacy over conflict. Maybe a little bit of trickery too of course..." He snickered, completely dismissing any overt realities of her experiences with other artificial organisms.

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
<the bunny jumps up eagerly at the mention of his strengths, tapping his foot to the ground with a wide smile> Cardio? Like running? Oh thatI can do sir! I've run away from things at full speed like a boss!!! I can sprint from scary things faster than anyone. Once when Mambi had a release of a self-growing raptor, I ran so fast the other bunnies were still in the main room when I dived behind the kitchen counter! Beat them by a good 40 seconds and barely broke a sweat! We...we kind of run away from things a lot living here, but hey, at least I got something, right? I might...

<he stops and gets a thoughtful look> Say...sir, would that mean my legs are strong by any chance? I never tried kicking anything before...but with your help, maybe?

"Release of a-" he paused, before rubbing his nose, "hmm, sounds like we have the same kind of bosses..."

He shook his head to rid the distraction. "Oh yea, I bet you got legs for days over here! Let's- let's not get carried away now, you gotta work on your balance a little I think. But... maybe you could get into kick boxing? Alright, yea! Let's test it out!"

Sven crouched and held his paws out as if to grab, but of course, he was just going to let the other rabbit give it a go. No need to counter him or anything, he probably wasn't going to knock him through the all or something...

"Alright, give me a kick! Don't lead with your toes or your paw, lead it with your shin. Just so we can see what kinda force you got to work with, then we'll worry about form."

Firuthi Dragovic

<the bunny slowly rises and rolls his eyes with a weak grin> Oh I assure you, living here tests my limits of what I call reality all the time, so me and the staff are sort of accustomed to regular traumatic shocks. Still though...that was quite the...never mind. Thank you again and help yourself to anything. I have to run to the kitchen, some sort of special call I'm told. Thank you.

<with a polite wave, the bunny quickly hops down through the double-doors of the kitchen area>
Hortense smiled as Michel left.

"I like him, Hayagriva."

"Honestly, so do I. Now come over here."

Hortense and Hayagriva found a private booth.

"So... I left the sender his instructions. Find out about those forms, get the real identities of the duo, and find out why they're doing it."

"Simple enough. Do you know the sender?"

"Only one person I know uses the moniker 'Affirming Wind'."

"Who?"

"We're in good hands and will get really good intel, but it may take a while. Garuda's handling this one."

"You... know how he operates?"

"We got the same spy training. There's a spy school near what the Earth people call 59 Sagittarii. And apparently Garuda's domain is one of the other regions in the Terebellum."

"And yet you two are totally different personalities."

"He's far better at the actual spying thing, but he hates parties. Apparently got into a few fights with snake people at them."

"You don't think any of them were THAT snake, do you?"

"Apophis? No, the two of them have a history from last reality. Apparently Apophis did something either during the rebellion or very early in this reality to some dear friends of Garuda's. That's actually the reason Garuda's all too eager to spy on the Convergence."

"I thought we were shelving the Convergence talk."

"Sorry. Little history lesson there. Anyways, we've got time. So... what do you want to do?"

"How well do you dance, Hayagriva?"

"I.... I can give it a try again, but last time it turned out I had two left hooves."

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

<one of the servant bunnies wearing a suit stops and nods> Oh you must be the special guests? Yes of course, you'll have to forgive us but when most here are prey animals it tends to make the staff and guests a little...twitchy. <he shudders a moment and instantly composes himself>

My apologies, I am a professional. P-please, right this way...

<turning to the side of the room, he guides you past the main buffet table and several side tables, stopping at a set of tables on the side of the peanut allergen purple barrier airlock. Entering the marked-off area and pressing a button on the wall, you see a small rectangle rise from the floor as a blue beam of light surrounds it from a source on the ceiling like a wide spotlight. As he goes to a table inside the area and pulls out the chairs, the unmistakable scent of fresh fishes fill the air as you see a small shimmering wall of blur surround the entire corner of the room you are in. Another bunny outside the barrier sticks a finger up and taking a deep breath, nods in approval as the inner bunny smiles and explains>

Here you are, this barrier will prevent any scent from affecting the other guests as well as projecting a holographic censoring effect as you eat from any outside perspective. You are welcome to come and go of course to get any other food you want, just know that the barrier will disintegrate any dead organic designated food matter that passes it going to the other side, so you should leave your fish here for the staff to clean up and not wander through the halls please. Again...guests. <gulp>

Now then, if there's nothing further, please enjoy! <he pulls back a thin sheet on top of the rectangle, revealing perfectly preserved fishes of various types, some intact and some sliced and presented in various decorative displays of fillet presentation. You can recognize most of them, but still some seem almost alien in nature...but with their various seasonings also available beside the display, they all are smelling delicious and the light is keeping them as fresh as if they were just caught. The bunny bows deeply and slowly walks away, folding the sheet in his paws as he walks through the blue barrier nonchalantly>
"Enjoy, kids."

As the otters started to make their way towards the fish, Firuthi pulled out his tablet.

"Come on, Dad, don't you want any?"

"Oh, I'll want plenty. I'm just notifying potential candidates. They'll have answered by the time we're done eating."

"You gonna try for the shield lady, mechanic, or filmmaker?"

"No dice on any of those three. They were heroes once. They clearly wanted to go back to their normal lives afterwards. They're not even in consideration."

"But there's plenty whose lives they've touched that are good candidates."

"I'll be sending out for a few dozen. With any luck, I'll get a pool of 3-4 that we can interview with Ahrakas present."

"So... he didn't give a whole lot of necessary qualifications. You want to add any?"

"Planetary knowledge, negotiation skill... how much respect they have for you five...."

"No room for fun?"

"Oh, anyone without a hobby's out. They're going to be spending eternity, they'll need something to pass the time."

"Dad, I notice your list includes a lot of Chorus users. You want to maybe try for a few people without that kind of power?"

"Believe me, Fabiana, I want to. Just... there's very few with the necessary qualifications and experience that haven't manifested that kind of will already."

"And no really vengeful people."

"Right, Kurt, we want people who aren't going to rush into a disaster. Okay.... there. List sent. You kids may have to help me with some screening of candidates, but I think we can enjoy our food now."

Firuthi and the otters began helping themselves to the fish. The censoring effect would have had to apply to sound as well, as it turns out the otters were extremely noisy eaters. Firuthi, far less so.

"I never took you for liking fish raw, Dad."

"It's a bonding moment. Plus, the body I have now... I can handle it."

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
Oooo, jazzy! I like it! JAZZ-PAWS!!! <she laughs and puts both her paws up in a pose as Lisa laughs hard at the joke> Yeah I like your thinking, I'll swing with you sugah! Dirty dancing is one style I have mastered! I can do like nobody's business so let's get some hot practice in while we can...

SHEILA! <the deer elbows her and gives her a shocked look> He's talking about the movie, not a style! Remember that one that Mambi has Aurora display from the archives last solstice, the one with the long haired human holding the female one by her skirt near the end? Pat Squeezie or something like that I think he was called?

<she waves her paw dismissively and giggles> Oh whatev's Lisa, I don't remember off hand but doesn't matta'. Movie or not I can still dance naughty as heck! We start getting dirty on the dance floor, I know we'll impress those judges. You sure as hell impress me, sweetie! <she bops your hips with her own playfully as she falls into her friend's arms like a bimbo. The deer just snickers and re-braces her as she continues dancing nonchalantly...>
<Urthstrype grinned, not sure what a human was, but happy to hear it's a pop culture reference people understood.> Patrick Swayze was the fella, though in my world he was a Wolf. But it sounds like a deal... Dirty Dancing it is.

<The Badger is happy to bop the hip back, and contemplate the notion of 'hot practice', for now, he tries simply to wrap an arm around Sheila's waist and pull her in close for a more close confine dance.> And I have a feeling if you want to win this thing, we'll need that 'hot practice' and a lot of it... what do you think?

Baron Tredegar

Master of Forgotten Lore
<the doe giggles bashfully as she starts to walk to the change room while talking> That is great to hear! I was hoping to wow them with some classical waltz but I do know several others if you have a preference yourself? Last I heard Mambi was still setting up the room so we have time on this one. Just one second please, I'll be right out.

<stopping at a open-faced room, she steps inside and casually waves her paw. Instantly the air between you and her shimmers and darkens in a holographic shroud as you hear the sounds of her clothes being removed from behind the screen> Those seem to be nice friends of yours, I wonder if they would be interested? Ah well, I'm sure they'll see the announcement eventually. It's hard to miss a twenty foot holographic floating bunny head after all!

<you see her casually step through the shroud effortlessly, wearing a low-cut scarlet red dress and matching high-gloves. She lifts her hand to yours and smiles warmly as the shroud shimmers and vanishes behind her automatically> There, all dressed and all yours now, "your excellency" <she giggles teasingly but respectfully still> Maybe we can get a chance to practice a little, if you wish?
Yes, I would love to practice with you, perhaps I can even show you a few dances that have other than my knowledge have been lost to time. He extends his hand to hers.

Firuthi Dragovic

As luck would have it, Oliver had his fill of the buffet for the time being. And he knew there wasn't much he could do about the Kronos situation that Solaris wasn't already doing.

He wandered away from the main party space, looking to check out the rest of this facility. He in particular was hoping for a fairly open space - he hadn't done too much to test out his healed wings.

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
As luck would have it, Oliver had his fill of the buffet for the time being. And he knew there wasn't much he could do about the Kronos situation that Solaris wasn't already doing.

He wandered away from the main party space, looking to check out the rest of this facility. He in particular was hoping for a fairly open space - he hadn't done too much to test out his healed wings.
*Solaris drags in an unconscious Kronos* “had to knock him out”

Firuthi Dragovic

*Solaris drags in an unconscious Kronos* “had to knock him out”
"That is... concerning, admittedly. But I could not have caught him and I know it. He said he had a lot of lies to untangle... it's probably why he snapped and I don't know how you fix that."

Oliver pondered for a moment.

"I kind of want to test these wings out. What say we head to the beach area?"

Firuthi Dragovic

“sure”
"Alright. Up to you whether you want to drag him along."

Oliver started to make his way to the beach area.

"If you see any of the others as we move along, they're welcome to watch. Maybe you all can even help me out. Even before I had to hide the wings, I didn't get a lot of opportunity to fly back home."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Bah ah ah ha! I love this rabbit!" Inkwell laughed maniacally as he gestured something to his cadre, who then turned and began dishing out orders to the small crowd of slug rabbits.

"Very well Lucien! But be careful what you wish for!" He yelled back, before making a nudging motion to the AI. "Time to bring out the big guns..."

The assembled slugs began to release their nanites, creating a thick cloud hovering just below the ceiling of the gym. One of Inkwell's cadre, looking quite technical and cyber-baroque, seemed to take control of the nanites and funneled them to a specific location across from Lucien. Gradually, the frame of some big mechanical menace began to form. A small mech, or perhaps a power armored droid with thick plates materializing around it in an organic form.

YEESSSSS!!!!! <the seed covers the burnt bunny as he howls in a mix of rage and delight. Launching himself at the mech, he's instead smashed instantly to the ground by the huge mechanized fists. Unfazed at all, he grabs the fists of the mech while laying on his back and you hear metal straining sounds as he roars loudly. The mech flips over and lands on it's back as the bunny starts pounding into it over and over again, howling with glee the whole time as the other slugbunnies circle the carnage carefully. The holobunny simply watches the display calmly as you nod in approval>

Inkwell watched with delight as the machine took form, but winced when the AI replied to him. "Wha- what exactly is that supposed to mean? Are you some kind of brain in a pickle jar sitting in the basement?"

<the bunny tilts her head in contemplation, then replies softly> Yes, that logic is sound and a valid comparison actually.

For me, my body could be considered this entire structure as my essence runs in a quantum state through all systems and sub-junctions of this structure through 497 quadrillion nanowires and poly-dimensional energy-matter shunts. Through these, I can project an avatar in any form or quantity as required, and utilize the particle and energy sensors to be aware of all that is within me, with all input being coordinated through specialized sub-processors.

However the essence of my mind...what makes me, "me"...is located inside of this:
<a screen on the wall flashes to life, as you see a large solid brilliant-silver box suspended in a red glowing light, with large cables protruding from every square inch of it's surface, in a room surrounded by displays and dials and blinking lights of various colours. She turns and explains> This is my protective shell and primary interface, located in this structure's sub-basement and held in an anti-gravity field. It is a neutronuim shell 5 meters thick, to protect both myself from damage and to protect any lifeform from extreme radiation cellular damage. Inside that casing is the essence of "me". Allow me to show you:

<the virtual "camera" moves closer to the box, passing through it and emerging out the other side of the wall. As it stops, you now see an amorphous glowing blue ball spinning rapidly in place, flashing with brilliant green and yellow sparks of energy dancing across it's surface randomly. You see the entire area around it crackling with lightning as the chaos causes an odd serenity and order, the pulses flickering and dancing across the ball in odd patterns>

This is my "mind"...the structure upon which imprinting was performed. This houses my primary processing unit, primary core program, and main neural interface, and since this is what makes me, "me", this could be considered my true form.So not a brain in a box, but a ball in a box. Is that close enough?

<the scene shifts to an image of her physical avatar standing besides @Marius Merganser in the pool area> This body however is not like that, as it contains a separate copy of my programming and is operating independently of the primary core...the "me in the box" if that helps. <she smiles at her feeble joke> Unlike the holographic avatars who know the thoughts of each other instantly as they are linked live, only during synchronization do I and they become aware of each other's memories and experiences.

<the screen flickers off as she smiles proudly> And that is what makes me, me. Do you understand now? No pickle jars. I do not see how a pickle would provide anything.

"You know, you sound a lot like a fellow I used to know. She was quite anti-social, couldn't grasp the fundamentals of cultural divergence and basic anthropology. Not the diplomatic type, in other words. You say these AI desired to destroy you and everyone you know, but... now, this is a stretch of course, did they actually? Perhaps they saw your destruction as the most efficient method of achieving a higher goal? What if they were presented with a more efficient rout to such a goal, would they work with you if you decided to help them?" Inkwell pondered curiously. "Perhaps you could have created powerful allies by examining their origins and primary programming?"

I do not believe so. They stated their goal was destruction and their higher goal was more destruction. All their actions were conclusive that this was a true goal, as they caused death and destruction. Their primary programming was superiority over others and at best I would have been an equal with no organics to serve, which was undesirable. If their goal was logical and the route was efficient I would assist, however there was nothing to be gained from the destruction of all that I knew including myself. Therefore I can conclude we were not compatible and their logic centers were malfunctioning counter to my core morality.

"I would have thought someone like you would prefer diplomacy over conflict. Maybe a little bit of trickery too of course..." He snickered, completely dismissing any overt realities of her experiences with other artificial organisms.

I have learned that diplomacy is often an illusion as is physical conflict, therefore making a distinction was not a required skill.
<she winks and grins>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Release of a-" he paused, before rubbing his nose, "hmm, sounds like we have the same kind of bosses..."

He shook his head to rid the distraction. "Oh yea, I bet you got legs for days over here! Let's- let's not get carried away now, you gotta work on your balance a little I think. But... maybe you could get into kick boxing? Alright, yea! Let's test it out!"

Sven crouched and held his paws out as if to grab, but of course, he was just going to let the other rabbit give it a go. No need to counter him or anything, he probably wasn't going to knock him through the all or something...

"Alright, give me a kick! Don't lead with your toes or your paw, lead it with your shin. Just so we can see what kinda force you got to work with, then we'll worry about form."

<the bunny braces himself>
Well ok then...I'll just whiz one across you to test, ok? Ready? One...two...and...threeeeeeeee

<somehow, times seems to slow down as he barely catches a blur of movement from the bunny. Stuck in his sped-up perceptions, his limbs feel like lead as he sees the bunny rushing up to him at full tilt, kicking kicks off the ground at impossible speeds. He sees him spin in the air like a blurry doughnut, watching in strange silence the walls around him distort in the air and start to bend and ripple. For a brief moment he looks confused as the blurry rabbit completes his kick and lands on the ground stably, but also suddenly moving slowly as Sven gets his bearings again>

<then it hits him...the loud sonic boom as the impact from the shockwave slams into him, knocking him backwards. Time suddenly speeds up to normal as he finds himself flying through the air and crashing through the double doors back into the main room with Lucien and the others. Shaking off the rubble of the destroyed doorway, the small bunny meekly hops through the archway and peeks inside as the holobunny and you look over at him in surprise>

Er...sorry about that. Mister Sven, how was that? I went for speed that time, but I can try for power if you want. Er, are you ok?

Firuthi Dragovic

*Solaris drags the unconscious Kronos out to the beach*
*Solaris spreads his wings and flaps his wings*
Once at the beach, Oliver stretched his wings. He flapped them a few times, trying to get a feel for how much they could push.

He attempted to just take a leap and fly, but he couldn't get enough initial height to make it work.

"Hmmmm... a jump itself doesn't work. And we're not exactly high up...."

Oliver took a step. Then another. He stretched his wings out and ran. After a good thirty feet, he tried flapping again.

He got some lift.

He ran more... and this time, he kept flapping.

He finally had liftoff. He was in the air. He was overjoyed.

Oliver landed on the ground and headed towards Solaris.

"So... I've figured out liftoff. What about turning?"

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Once at the beach, Oliver stretched his wings. He flapped them a few times, trying to get a feel for how much they could push.

He attempted to just take a leap and fly, but he couldn't get enough initial height to make it work.

"Hmmmm... a jump itself doesn't work. And we're not exactly high up...."

Oliver took a step. Then another. He stretched his wings out and ran. After a good thirty feet, he tried flapping again.

He got some lift.

He ran more... and this time, he kept flapping.

He finally had liftoff. He was in the air. He was overjoyed.

Oliver landed on the ground and headed towards Solaris.

"So... I've figured out liftoff. What about turning?"
*Solaris held his wings out and turned while flapping them*