• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
*Solaris held his wings out and turned while flapping them*
"So it's just turning the body? Okay...."

Oliver got another running start and lifted off. He tried turning... and went too sharp at first.

He eventually managed to right his direction and tried turning more slowly. He was able to accomplish it well.

....until he tried turning upward. He started getting some lift that way... but then lost his momentum.

He fell. He only just barely managed to land safely. He looked panicked for a moment.

"Okay, what did I do wrong?"

Firuthi Dragovic

"Enjoy, kids."

As the otters started to make their way towards the fish, Firuthi pulled out his tablet.

"Come on, Dad, don't you want any?"

"Oh, I'll want plenty. I'm just notifying potential candidates. They'll have answered by the time we're done eating."

"You gonna try for the shield lady, mechanic, or filmmaker?"

"No dice on any of those three. They were heroes once. They clearly wanted to go back to their normal lives afterwards. They're not even in consideration."

"But there's plenty whose lives they've touched that are good candidates."

"I'll be sending out for a few dozen. With any luck, I'll get a pool of 3-4 that we can interview with Ahrakas present."

"So... he didn't give a whole lot of necessary qualifications. You want to add any?"

"Planetary knowledge, negotiation skill... how much respect they have for you five...."

"No room for fun?"

"Oh, anyone without a hobby's out. They're going to be spending eternity, they'll need something to pass the time."

"Dad, I notice your list includes a lot of Chorus users. You want to maybe try for a few people without that kind of power?"

"Believe me, Fabiana, I want to. Just... there's very few with the necessary qualifications and experience that haven't manifested that kind of will already."

"And no really vengeful people."

"Right, Kurt, we want people who aren't going to rush into a disaster. Okay.... there. List sent. You kids may have to help me with some screening of candidates, but I think we can enjoy our food now."

Firuthi and the otters began helping themselves to the fish. The censoring effect would have had to apply to sound as well, as it turns out the otters were extremely noisy eaters. Firuthi, far less so.

"I never took you for liking fish raw, Dad."

"It's a bonding moment. Plus, the body I have now... I can handle it."
Sure enough, some time after the dragon and otters began digging into the fish, the tablet started ringing with lots of notifications.

Firuthi sifted through them between bites of tuna and perch.

"You'd be amazed how many turned down the godhood offer, kids."

"How so?"

"Out of about 100 I messaged, there's only about 15 who said they wanted it."

"We can't give Ahrakas that many candidates."

"Agreed. How about giving him 8 candidates?"

"Send more messages. Try to narrow things down for them."

"Will do."

Firuthi sent another set of messages through his tablet. A few more fillets of alien mackerel later, Firuthi got responses.

"They were quick."

"Look, that one seems too interested in the machines of the past. Do you want someone that single-minded?"

"I've got to concur. You want a diverse person for this role, Dad."

"But that means absolutely every candidate we've got left is a Chorus user-"

"You tried, Dad. But he's just not particularly right for this role. Remember your creator's one-track mind."

"Okay, I guess we have all Chorus users for candidates then."

"See, there's another few you can turn down over there."

"Okay, I think we've got our 8. Let me message them- ....wait a second."

"What is it, Dad?"

"There's a few people who turned it down who said they want to be in on the call. Something about helping with the interview?"

"I say let them in."

"Okay, Cooper. So that's 8 candidates and 4 helpers. How long do we want to give them?"

"While on our way here, I thought I heard one of the guests say something about a dance soon...."

"So after the dance. Got it."

"You thinking of participating?"

"I dance worse than a Genesis song, Kurt. If you kids want to try it you can, but I'm not dancing."

"We got a routine in mind?"

Firuthi Dragovic

Hortense smiled as Michel left.

"I like him, Hayagriva."

"Honestly, so do I. Now come over here."

Hortense and Hayagriva found a private booth.

"So... I left the sender his instructions. Find out about those forms, get the real identities of the duo, and find out why they're doing it."

"Simple enough. Do you know the sender?"

"Only one person I know uses the moniker 'Affirming Wind'."

"Who?"

"We're in good hands and will get really good intel, but it may take a while. Garuda's handling this one."

"You... know how he operates?"

"We got the same spy training. There's a spy school near what the Earth people call 59 Sagittarii. And apparently Garuda's domain is one of the other regions in the Terebellum."

"And yet you two are totally different personalities."

"He's far better at the actual spying thing, but he hates parties. Apparently got into a few fights with snake people at them."

"You don't think any of them were THAT snake, do you?"

"Apophis? No, the two of them have a history from last reality. Apparently Apophis did something either during the rebellion or very early in this reality to some dear friends of Garuda's. That's actually the reason Garuda's all too eager to spy on the Convergence."

"I thought we were shelving the Convergence talk."

"Sorry. Little history lesson there. Anyways, we've got time. So... what do you want to do?"

"How well do you dance, Hayagriva?"

"I.... I can give it a try again, but last time it turned out I had two left hooves."
Some time away from the buffet and attempts at dancing later....

"Wow. When it comes to dancing, you really DO have two left hooves."

"Look, a lot of my job involves listening and speaking, and my performances are limited to acting like other people. Dancing is not a strong suit."

"Maybe some of these guests know more about dances. The dances I learned under the Convergence.... really don't fit a place like this."

"No surprises there."

Hortense started looking for some more dance-capable guests, hoping one of them could give her and Hayagriva some quick lessons.

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
"So it's just turning the body? Okay...."

Oliver got another running start and lifted off. He tried turning... and went too sharp at first.

He eventually managed to right his direction and tried turning more slowly. He was able to accomplish it well.

....until he tried turning upward. He started getting some lift that way... but then lost his momentum.

He fell. He only just barely managed to land safely. He looked panicked for a moment.

"Okay, what did I do wrong?"
“you turned too sharply”

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Urthstrype grinned, not sure what a human was, but happy to hear it's a pop culture reference people understood.> Patrick Swayze was the fella, though in my world he was a Wolf. But it sounds like a deal... Dirty Dancing it is.

<The Badger is happy to bop the hip back, and contemplate the notion of 'hot practice', for now, he tries simply to wrap an arm around Sheila's waist and pull her in close for a more close confine dance.> And I have a feeling if you want to win this thing, we'll need that 'hot practice' and a lot of it... what do you think?

<the flirtatious skunk laughs merrily as she puts both her arms on your shoulders, her hips moving close to yours in sync as you hold her>

OOooo baby, I like the way you think! Good rhythm too! Yo Lisa, like, this one's the ONE, y'know? He's good...check us out!! <she throws her head back and rocks her upper body, her hips never leaving yours as she sways back far then pulling herself close again and again for a bit, then with a gentle tug she pulls herself up to face you again, her arms wrapping around your neck as she looks deep into your eyes with a wide smile> YE-ah baby, that's it! Woooo, dis year we're gonna take it for shure!!! Watch for the announcement, eh? Wheee!

<her deer friend nods approvingly and bounces gently to the beat herself, pausing only to take a sip of carrot juice from a passing servant bunny's tray...>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Yes, I would love to practice with you, perhaps I can even show you a few dances that have other than my knowledge have been lost to time. He extends his hand to hers.

<the doe gracefully accepts your hand into her own with a grin, pulling you gently further into the hallway as she walks with you, looking at the symbols on the doors as she passes them seeking a specific one>
That sounds lovely, let's go to the main dance hall...it should be empty and that's where it will be held. Less populated, better music control and more room to move. Ah, here we are, come on in please!

<as you approach a door with a series of musical notes over them, she opens it to a huge elevated platform stage and a series of lights on the ceiling. You see a bunch of seats on the far wall and a table in front of them but the rest of the room is virtually empty. Hearing the crinkling of some paper, you look to the corner and see the black cat Mambi himself, on the floor with a pile of streamers and other glittery decorations. You notice his eyes glowing brightly and watch as his paw passes through a small rift in front of him...emerging near the ceiling as he secures a streamer to the ceiling corner. He turns his head as he hears the door open and calls out to you>

OH, sorry guys, just getting ready for the party!. If you want the room, go ahead, I'll be out of your way! I should have Aurora making the announcement in a while, but knock yourselves out. <as he retracts his paw, the glow fades and the rifts close and vanish as the free end of the streamer falls to the ground. The cat walks gently over to retrieve it and moves to the other corner as the doe giggles softly>

Well, guess we're free to play! What style of music would you need for your lost dances, my dear? <she slowly walks to the platform as she awaits you>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"hello..." - said nobody.

<as you stand transfixed by the dancing creatures around you, a small bunny wearing a uniform approaches you politely while carrying a tray of snacks and various juices>

Hello, you must have just arrived. Welcome to the party, Mambi is just preparing a room for a dance competition currently, but I shall have his AI inform him of your arrival in a moment. You can call her yourself through the red button on any console by the way. In the meanwhile, may I offer you a snack or beverage? <he holds out the tray to you professionally> We have many other options in the main dining hall as well if you prefer something else, of course.

Firuthi Dragovic

Some time away from the buffet and attempts at dancing later....

"Wow. When it comes to dancing, you really DO have two left hooves."

"Look, a lot of my job involves listening and speaking, and my performances are limited to acting like other people. Dancing is not a strong suit."

"Maybe some of these guests know more about dances. The dances I learned under the Convergence.... really don't fit a place like this."

"No surprises there."

Hortense started looking for some more dance-capable guests, hoping one of them could give her and Hayagriva some quick lessons.
A while later....

"No luck, Hortense."

"Yeah, the ones who can dance are all practicing, not interested in lessons. I've got an idea, though."

"You do?"

"We'll need a bit more open space, but we can try a dance where I carry most of it."

"How about the dance hall?"

"Sure, why not?"

----------------------------------

"I've got a few routines for ideas, but we need to judge our space a bit."

"You want to know how much we've got to work with."

"Pretty much."

"Dad, we're headed to the dance hall. You coming along?"

"Well, I do need to keep an eye on all of you...."

"Oh don't worry, you'll like the dances we come up with."

Firuthi Dragovic

“you turned too sharply”
"So... I'm supposed to go easy when I turn?"

Oliver tried another flight. He did go easier on the sharpness of the turns... and had better luck turning, though it was really wide.

He then attempted another upward flight, and this time, he flapped his wings instead of trying to do an upward turn. It worked much better.

Eventually, he landed.

"Okay, so... I think I have the basics down. I'm surprised how fast I'm learning it. Now... am I stuck only using my wings, or is it possible to use my arms and legs mid-flight? I hope never to have to fight up in the sky, but it's worth knowing my options."

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
<the bunny tilts her head in contemplation, then replies softly> Yes, that logic is sound and a valid comparison actually.

For me, my body could be considered this entire structure as my essence runs in a quantum state through all systems and sub-junctions of this structure through 497 quadrillion nanowires and poly-dimensional energy-matter shunts. Through these, I can project an avatar in any form or quantity as required, and utilize the particle and energy sensors to be aware of all that is within me, with all input being coordinated through specialized sub-processors.

However the essence of my mind...what makes me, "me"...is located inside of this:
<a screen on the wall flashes to life, as you see a large solid brilliant-silver box suspended in a red glowing light, with large cables protruding from every square inch of it's surface, in a room surrounded by displays and dials and blinking lights of various colours. She turns and explains> This is my protective shell and primary interface, located in this structure's sub-basement and held in an anti-gravity field. It is a neutronuim shell 5 meters thick, to protect both myself from damage and to protect any lifeform from extreme radiation cellular damage. Inside that casing is the essence of "me". Allow me to show you:

<the virtual "camera" moves closer to the box, passing through it and emerging out the other side of the wall. As it stops, you now see an amorphous glowing blue ball spinning rapidly in place, flashing with brilliant green and yellow sparks of energy dancing across it's surface randomly. You see the entire area around it crackling with lightning as the chaos causes an odd serenity and order, the pulses flickering and dancing across the ball in odd patterns>

This is my "mind"...the structure upon which imprinting was performed. This houses my primary processing unit, primary core program, and main neural interface, and since this is what makes me, "me", this could be considered my true form.So not a brain in a box, but a ball in a box. Is that close enough?

<the scene shifts to an image of her physical avatar standing besides @Marius Merganser in the pool area> This body however is not like that, as it contains a separate copy of my programming and is operating independently of the primary core...the "me in the box" if that helps. <she smiles at her feeble joke> Unlike the holographic avatars who know the thoughts of each other instantly as they are linked live, only during synchronization do I and they become aware of each other's memories and experiences.

<the screen flickers off as she smiles proudly> And that is what makes me, me. Do you understand now? No pickle jars. I do not see how a pickle would provide anything.

"Ah, of course, my mistake. You're a lightbulb in a jar." Inkwell corrected himself, dumbing down her well thought out and comprehensive explanation of her vision of self and everything that she was in a simple arrogant jab.

"So I suppose you're relatively safe from harm then. Your core is a self powered assembly of plasma streams, not unlike a sun in some regards. Small scale fusion I presume? I'm no physicist of course, so forgive my ignorance if I miss the mark." He stated 'humbly'. "But I'm somewhat confused."

He put a finger to his chin in thought. "Why precisely would you allow an uncontrolled organic avatar to walk about uncontrolled by yourself? You already know it won't behave how you would in your cybernetic state. Such an incredible liability. Besides, it's a bit deceptive don't you think? I don't know, perhaps I simply prefer the original or real thing over some meat puppet pretending to be something it's not."

Inkwell shivered at the thought. It was a little macabre when he thought about it too much. Not that he hadn't seen the literal translation of that before of course...
I do not believe so. They stated their goal was destruction and their higher goal was more destruction. All their actions were conclusive that this was a true goal, as they caused death and destruction. Their primary programming was superiority over others and at best I would have been an equal with no organics to serve, which was undesirable. If their goal was logical and the route was efficient I would assist, however there was nothing to be gained from the destruction of all that I knew including myself. Therefore I can conclude we were not compatible and their logic centers were malfunctioning counter to my core morality.

I have learned that diplomacy is often an illusion as is physical conflict, therefore making a distinction was not a required skill.
<she winks and grins>

"Pff, pish posh! Diplomacy is only as effective as the ones negotiating. Clearly you aren't cut out for that sort of thing... mainly because you're a ball of plasma affixed to a central gravity well oscillating in someone's basement." He concluded. "We all have our strengths and weaknesses I suppose. I happen to slime excessively when too warm."

YEESSSSS!!!!! <the seed covers the burnt bunny as he howls in a mix of rage and delight. Launching himself at the mech, he's instead smashed instantly to the ground by the huge mechanized fists. Unfazed at all, he grabs the fists of the mech while laying on his back and you hear metal straining sounds as he roars loudly. The mech flips over and lands on it's back as the bunny starts pounding into it over and over again, howling with glee the whole time as the other slugbunnies circle the carnage carefully. The holobunny simply watches the display calmly as you nod in approval>

The crowd of slug rabbits circled around the carnage and wanton destruction like a group of children crowding around a fight in a questionably monitored schoolyard, some cheering, others focusing on the task at hand.

The technicians in charge worked diligently to repair the power bot in real time, pumping more nanites in and shifting parts around to keep in moving and in tact. Like magic the swarms of drones continued their work without regard for who or what stood in their way.

Lucien's attack left the mech reeling and struggling to free itself. With a few additions from the technicians, the mech's arm began to swell, and it was able to pull back and land a devastating blow to the monster's face, sending spittle and snot into the air.

Likely though, that wouldn't stop the monster, only slow him down. The mech delivered another blow with a heavy right hook, still on its back, with enough force to push Lucien off. For a moment at least, the machine rolled to its feet, ready for round two.

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
<the bunny braces himself> Well ok then...I'll just whiz one across you to test, ok? Ready? One...two...and...threeeeeeeee

<somehow, times seems to slow down as he barely catches a blur of movement from the bunny. Stuck in his sped-up perceptions, his limbs feel like lead as he sees the bunny rushing up to him at full tilt, kicking kicks off the ground at impossible speeds. He sees him spin in the air like a blurry doughnut, watching in strange silence the walls around him distort in the air and start to bend and ripple. For a brief moment he looks confused as the blurry rabbit completes his kick and lands on the ground stably, but also suddenly moving slowly as Sven gets his bearings again>

<then it hits him...the loud sonic boom as the impact from the shockwave slams into him, knocking him backwards. Time suddenly speeds up to normal as he finds himself flying through the air and crashing through the double doors back into the main room with Lucien and the others. Shaking off the rubble of the destroyed doorway, the small bunny meekly hops through the archway and peeks inside as the holobunny and you look over at him in surprise>

Er...sorry about that. Mister Sven, how was that? I went for speed that time, but I can try for power if you want. Er, are you ok?

Sven felt bad when Pierre readied himself. He could already tell the rabbit was going to hyper extend his leg and pull a muscle.

"Hey maybe you shoul-"

"... do... take... easy?" Sven said as he stared at the ceiling in the other room.

His vision was partially black, slowly coming too like he had just been tossed by some kind of explosion. His ears were even ringing. Maybe it was-

Sven hissed as he rubbed the back of his head, while a massive headache began to kick in. "Gah! What the- why you little! What are you some kind o-" He jumped to his paws quickly, ready to offer any counter he might need to, and taking a clearly combative stance.

That stupid rabbit had tricked him! He was some kind of con artist obviously, knowing full well he had that kind of force behind his legs. You can't not know that kind of thing! Then again... he did... seem quite genuine about his lack of ability, and this place didn't exactly feel like the place to cultivate fighting instinct.

"Tsch, of course I'm okay." Sven scoffed with a smirk, crossing his arms and looking away with his eyes closed in a nonchalant pose. "So, it looks like you can kick. Guess we can kick it up a notch then... right?"

Last edited:

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
<the doe gracefully accepts your hand into her own with a grin, pulling you gently further into the hallway as she walks with you, looking at the symbols on the doors as she passes them seeking a specific one> That sounds lovely, let's go to the main dance hall...it should be empty and that's where it will be held. Less populated, better music control and more room to move. Ah, here we are, come on in please!

<as you approach a door with a series of musical notes over them, she opens it to a huge elevated platform stage and a series of lights on the ceiling. You see a bunch of seats on the far wall and a table in front of them but the rest of the room is virtually empty. Hearing the crinkling of some paper, you look to the corner and see the black cat Mambi himself, on the floor with a pile of streamers and other glittery decorations. You notice his eyes glowing brightly and watch as his paw passes through a small rift in front of him...emerging near the ceiling as he secures a streamer to the ceiling corner. He turns his head as he hears the door open and calls out to you>

OH, sorry guys, just getting ready for the party!. If you want the room, go ahead, I'll be out of your way! I should have Aurora making the announcement in a while, but knock yourselves out. <as he retracts his paw, the glow fades and the rifts close and vanish as the free end of the streamer falls to the ground. The cat walks gently over to retrieve it and moves to the other corner as the doe giggles softly>

Well, guess we're free to play! What style of music would you need for your lost dances, my dear? <she slowly walks to the platform as she awaits you>
Lets see, lets put on the ancient hymn to Isis. Just follow my lead. I think youll pick it up quickly.

Universe

"So... I'm supposed to go easy when I turn?"

Oliver tried another flight. He did go easier on the sharpness of the turns... and had better luck turning, though it was really wide.

He then attempted another upward flight, and this time, he flapped his wings instead of trying to do an upward turn. It worked much better.

Eventually, he landed.

"Okay, so... I think I have the basics down. I'm surprised how fast I'm learning it. Now... am I stuck only using my wings, or is it possible to use my arms and legs mid-flight? I hope never to have to fight up in the sky, but it's worth knowing my options."
“It helps if you pull your arms in but you don’t have to”

Firuthi Dragovic

“It helps if you pull your arms in but you don’t have to”
"Alright."

Oliver sat down.

"Is flight supposed to take a lot out of you? Only... what, three... four flights?... and I already need a bit of a break."

Firuthi Dragovic

A while later....

"No luck, Hortense."

"Yeah, the ones who can dance are all practicing, not interested in lessons. I've got an idea, though."

"You do?"

"We'll need a bit more open space, but we can try a dance where I carry most of it."

"How about the dance hall?"

"Sure, why not?"

----------------------------------

"I've got a few routines for ideas, but we need to judge our space a bit."

"You want to know how much we've got to work with."

"Pretty much."

"Dad, we're headed to the dance hall. You coming along?"

"Well, I do need to keep an eye on all of you...."

"Oh don't worry, you'll like the dances we come up with."
Lets see, lets put on the ancient hymn to Isis. Just follow my lead. I think youll pick it up quickly.
Hortense and Hayagriva eventually found and entered the dance hall... to realize several people were already there.

They kept to the edge and tried to stay quiet, trying to avoid drawing the attention of Ahrakas, Raine, and the cat. Hortense and Hayagriva had caught a glimpse of the cat at one point, but they never got a proper introduction... and it would have to wait.

They did not bother with the platform, instead trying to find an unoccupied corner to practice the dance technique Hortense was proposing.

----------------

The otters and Firuthi arrived at the dance hall shortly thereafter. They noticed a few people already there and also sought a corner...

....only for Pavlin to notice all the streamers and glitter. He went to grab a streamer, but Firuthi stopped him. Pavlin let out a a very otter-like snort.

"SSSHHH! There's others practicing. Come on, let's find a spot to figure out this routine of yours."

Universe

Hortense and Hayagriva eventually found and entered the dance hall... to realize several people were already there.

They kept to the edge and tried to stay quiet, trying to avoid drawing the attention of Ahrakas, Raine, and the cat. Hortense and Hayagriva had caught a glimpse of the cat at one point, but they never got a proper introduction... and it would have to wait.

They did not bother with the platform, instead trying to find an unoccupied corner to practice the dance technique Hortense was proposing.

----------------

The otters and Firuthi arrived at the dance hall shortly thereafter. They noticed a few people already there and also sought a corner...

....only for Pavlin to notice all the streamers and glitter. He went to grab a streamer, but Firuthi stopped him. Pavlin let out a a very otter-like snort.

"SSSHHH! There's others practicing. Come on, let's find a spot to figure out this routine of yours."
*I was watching sadly as nobody wanted to dance with me*

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
<the flirtatious skunk laughs merrily as she puts both her arms on your shoulders, her hips moving close to yours in sync as you hold her>

OOooo baby, I like the way you think! Good rhythm too! Yo Lisa, like, this one's the ONE, y'know? He's good...check us out!! <she throws her head back and rocks her upper body, her hips never leaving yours as she sways back far then pulling herself close again and again for a bit, then with a gentle tug she pulls herself up to face you again, her arms wrapping around your neck as she looks deep into your eyes with a wide smile> YE-ah baby, that's it! Woooo, dis year we're gonna take it for shure!!! Watch for the announcement, eh? Wheee!

<her deer friend nods approvingly and bounces gently to the beat herself, pausing only to take a sip of carrot juice from a passing servant bunny's tray...>
<Strype was all too happy to join in with the girls excitement, as she sways with her hips attached to his he meets every move, keeping in pace with the feet as he rocks his hips and keeps a tight hold of her waist in case she leans too far back and drops. >

Ohhh... I think I could have some real fun with you on this...

<As she wraps her arms around his neck, he gives her a wicked, wolfish grin and boops her nose with his own, keeping hold of her waist as he sways side to side with her.>

So, asides from dancing and drinking pineapple rum.. what else is there to do around here?

Firuthi Dragovic

----------------

"So we established we're doing a squad routine..."
"Are we going to need specific music to make this work?"
"Depends on the routine."
"We could try re-enacting-"
"No. Not with him around."
"Unless he goes first."
"I'd really rather we try a different routine."
"Oh, fine."
"Dad, you sure you don't want in?"
"Quite sure. I'm no dancer, not at all."
"Several of our ideas call for a big guy as the sixth dancer...."
"You know, we can help if you're that unsure-"
"I really am not a dancing type."
"Explain that stomping routine you did to impress the kids a few weeks ago then."
"Th-that was a workout, not a dance."
"I fail to see the difference."
"L...look, you kids come up with something."

*I was watching sadly as nobody wanted to dance with me*
Hortense and Hayagriva were busy trying to practice a routine. Most of it was on Hortense, actually. She was taking full advantage of her bee form and doing aerial dances. Hayagriva was mainly there as a support and landing point.

After a little bit of this, they stopped.

"We need a bit more to this."
"I'm barely handling this much as it is. Maybe we need a second flyer?"

Hayagriva was pointing at a certain dragon. Hortense beckoned Universe over.

idkthough120

blue/teal bat thing.
<as you stand transfixed by the dancing creatures around you, a small bunny wearing a uniform approaches you politely while carrying a tray of snacks and various juices>

Hello, you must have just arrived. Welcome to the party, Mambi is just preparing a room for a dance competition currently, but I shall have his AI inform him of your arrival in a moment. You can call her yourself through the red button on any console by the way. In the meanwhile, may I offer you a snack or beverage? <he holds out the tray to you professionally> We have many other options in the main dining hall as well if you prefer something else, of course.
"yeah, a snack would be fine i guess.. first time being here anyway.. heh."

Universe

"So we established we're doing a squad routine..."
"Are we going to need specific music to make this work?"
"Depends on the routine."
"We could try re-enacting-"
"No. Not with him around."
"Unless he goes first."
"I'd really rather we try a different routine."
"Oh, fine."
"Dad, you sure you don't want in?"
"Quite sure. I'm no dancer, not at all."
"Several of our ideas call for a big guy as the sixth dancer...."
"You know, we can help if you're that unsure-"
"I really am not a dancing type."
"Explain that stomping routine you did to impress the kids a few weeks ago then."
"Th-that was a workout, not a dance."
"I fail to see the difference."
"L...look, you kids come up with something."

Hortense and Hayagriva were busy trying to practice a routine. Most of it was on Hortense, actually. She was taking full advantage of her bee form and doing aerial dances. Hayagriva was mainly there as a support and landing point.

After a little bit of this, they stopped.

"We need a bit more to this."
"I'm barely handling this much as it is. Maybe we need a second flyer?"

Hayagriva was pointing at a certain dragon. Hortense beckoned Universe over.
*I blushed and pointed at myself in a “me?” Gesture after which I came over*

Firuthi Dragovic

*I blushed and pointed at myself in a “me?” Gesture after which I came over*
Hortense nodded.

"The two of us are having trouble getting a dance routine together. There's few dances I can properly do, and Hayagriva here has about no dancing skill."
"She tried coming up with a dance that relies on her ability to fly, but it's not clicking as a routine two of us can do."
"Either we need pointers on improving the dance I was trying to invent, or we need some lessons for Hayagriva."
"Hortense, just know you might have to go with something simpler than a samba dance if we're both on the ground here."
"I didn't think that was a complicated dance!"

Firuthi Dragovic

*I started doing the tango not sure it was what they were looking for but it was pretty good it was also In the air effortlessly for me*
Hayagriva and Hortense watched intently.

"Hayagriva, I think I see where you're going wrong on your steps."

"How so?"

"You're too focused on following my lead, rather than learning the basics first."

"Following a lead is-"

"Not quite the same thing in dance as it is in your usual lines of work."

"Okay..."

"Watch him a while. I've got an idea."

Hortense did try to mimic Universe's steps... except she tried to mimic them upside-down. After some effort, she got into a rhythm.

Hayagriva continued to watch Universe.

"Um, go over that a bit slower perhaps....?"