• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Hayagriva and Hortense watched intently.

"Hayagriva, I think I see where you're going wrong on your steps."

"How so?"

"You're too focused on following my lead, rather than learning the basics first."

"Following a lead is-"

"Not quite the same thing in dance as it is in your usual lines of work."

"Okay..."

"Watch him a while. I've got an idea."

Hortense did try to mimic Universe's steps... except she tried to mimic them upside-down. After some effort, she got into a rhythm.

Hayagriva continued to watch Universe.

"Um, go over that a bit slower perhaps....?"
*I then did the tango sideways then in slow motion*

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
*I then did the tango sideways then in slow motion*
“What do you think?”
Finally thinking he understood what was going on, Hayagriva attempted to follow the steps as Universe was doing them.

Unlike what had previously gone on with his attempts to follow Hortense, he... didn't trip! He didn't stumble. It actually looked like he could dance.

"I.... I think I'm actually figuring this out!"

Hortense glimpsed at Hayagriva and Universe.

"Yeah, you're finally hitting a groove."

Hayagriva smiled.

"Seeing it from the outside is helping immensely."

"Go ahead and dance like that for a while, Hayagriva."

Hortense looked up at Universe.

"Wasn't there someone else with you? How well does she dance?"

Universe

Finally thinking he understood what was going on, Hayagriva attempted to follow the steps as Universe was doing them.

Unlike what had previously gone on with his attempts to follow Hortense, he... didn't trip! He didn't stumble. It actually looked like he could dance.

"I.... I think I'm actually figuring this out!"

Hortense glimpsed at Hayagriva and Universe.

"Yeah, you're finally hitting a groove."

Hayagriva smiled.

"Seeing it from the outside is helping immensely."

"Go ahead and dance like that for a while, Hayagriva."

Hortense looked up at Universe.

"Wasn't there someone else with you? How well does she dance?"
“Nebula oh she’s busy with Sol trying to keep him calm” *It was true*

Firuthi Dragovic

“Nebula oh she’s busy with Sol trying to keep him calm” *It was true*
"After what he saw, between the state of the infirmary and what you were going through... that kid is likely to have nightmares for a long time."

"How do you dragons cope with that stuff? There's another dragon here who could probably use the help."

".....Hayagriva.... I get the feeling he's already met that dragon...."

"And how much did he get to tell him on coping with that particular kind of stress...."

"That I don't know. ....oh, Universe, we're talking about the one that went double-winged monster earlier. The one who actively asked your family to knock him out?"

Universe

"After what he saw, between the state of the infirmary and what you were going through... that kid is likely to have nightmares for a long time."

"How do you dragons cope with that stuff? There's another dragon here who could probably use the help."

".....Hayagriva.... I get the feeling he's already met that dragon...."

"And how much did he get to tell him on coping with that particular kind of stress...."

"That I don't know. ....oh, Universe, we're talking about the one that went double-winged monster earlier. The one who actively asked your family to knock him out?"
“I’m kind of confused and guilty to be honest this was all my fault if it wasn’t for me grabbing that staff none of this would have happened” *I tried not to tell them about Void*

Firuthi Dragovic

“I’m kind of confused and guilty to be honest this was all my fault if it wasn’t for me grabbing that staff none of this would have happened” *I tried not to tell them about Void*
*My wings said it all they were tight against my back quivering every celestial dragon’s wings did that when they were scared* “I’ve been through many battles but yeah Even I get nightmares from time to time”
"....whatever led up to that infirmary battle, your actions led to saving a lot of lives. I would not be surprised if, after learning about the whole chain of events... your actions led to saving mine."

"The fear of what you witness when trying to do what's right... that's why a lot of beings fall to either apathy or villainy. They have a hard time taking it, or they don't want to bear the world's weight."

"Perhaps, when the dance competition is over... or if he sits it out... have another talk with that dragon."

Hortense resumed her routine.

"He's one of the family, isn't he? Beings like us need family and companionship more than anyone. What that dragon says to you might wind up helping your son."

"Hortense, I have a lot of catching up to do when the dance is done."

Universe

"....whatever led up to that infirmary battle, your actions led to saving a lot of lives. I would not be surprised if, after learning about the whole chain of events... your actions led to saving mine."

"The fear of what you witness when trying to do what's right... that's why a lot of beings fall to either apathy or villainy. They have a hard time taking it, or they don't want to bear the world's weight."

"Perhaps, when the dance competition is over... or if he sits it out... have another talk with that dragon."

Hortense resumed her routine.

"He's one of the family, isn't he? Beings like us need family and companionship more than anyone. What that dragon says to you might wind up helping your son."

"Hortense, I have a lot of catching up to do when the dance is done."
“I grabbed my father’s staff intent on returning it to planet Solaris I never meant for any of this to happen but it did and now I have all these responsibilities thrust apon me and I just don’t know what to do about it!”

Firuthi Dragovic

“I grabbed my father’s staff intent on returning it to planet Solaris I never meant for any of this to happen but it did and now I have all these responsibilities thrust apon me and I just don’t know what to do about it!”
"Let's... not make him wait until after the dance, Hortense."

"....yeah... hey wait, isn't that the other dragon over there?"

At another corner of the room, Firuthi and the otters were practicing a routine more meant for a cheerleading squad.

"Go see if he has any idea what to do. And thanks for the impromptu lessons."

Universe

"Let's... not make him wait until after the dance, Hortense."

"....yeah... hey wait, isn't that the other dragon over there?"

At another corner of the room, Firuthi and the otters were practicing a routine more meant for a cheerleading squad.

"Go see if he has any idea what to do. And thanks for the impromptu lessons."
“You’re welcome” *I sat down nearby nervously not sure what to say or do*

Firuthi Dragovic

“You’re welcome” *I sat down nearby nervously not sure what to say or do*
“Why did I have to grab that staff why is this so hard?”
Eventually, Pavlin looked at Firuthi and pointed in Universe's direction.

"I'll deal with him. You kids continue practicing your routine."

Firuthi went over towards Universe.

"Something on your mind, Universe?"

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
I take Raines hand and begin dancing, I raise my hands cupped upwards toward the sun and gracefully sweep them down towards the floor. My steps are slow and graceful as I go in a circle repeating this motion. When I make a full circle I reach into my armor and slip a ring with the seal of Isis on it onto Raines finger. A pair of dazzling golden egyptian wings appear on her. I then reveal a heart shaped jewel. This is supposed to represent the heart of Osiris who was murdered by his brother Set. Osiriss wife Isis took his heart and hid it so that it could be safe from those that would harm their eternal love for each other. This part of the dance represents the heart passing on to you, now use the heart and take flight. Youll know what to do.

Universe

Eventually, Pavlin looked at Firuthi and pointed in Universe's direction.

"I'll deal with him. You kids continue practicing your routine."

Firuthi went over towards Universe.

"Something on your mind, Universe?"
“This is all my fault I don’t know what to do I’m king of the celestial dragons now and well oh who am I kidding I don’t know the first thing about being a king!” *I sighed and put my head in my hands* “I don’t know what to do too much responsibility and I’m too stressed out what’ll I do?”

Firuthi Dragovic

“This is all my fault I don’t know what to do I’m king of the celestial dragons now and well oh who am I kidding I don’t know the first thing about being a king!”
*my form shimmered showing my body dressed in rags*
"My understanding of kingship is that you're at a higher standard compared to everyone else. It's not just about fancy parties. You're supposed to be their inspiration, their guiding star."

Firuthi hesitated.

"I don't know if finance and law work the same way for celestial dragons as for more local kings, but if they do those are also part of your responsibility. And... you're also supposed to be a negotiator."

Firuthi gazed off for a moment.

"I actually got an offer to be a king once. I turned it down because I know I've got the task of raising several future kings, in a rather odd sense."
“Do you know what it’s like to not know why something seems to always be hunting you?”
"I think the closest I've gotten to being hunted... was the nightmare beast. For years, I saw him in my moments of doubt. His mere presence terrified me. To find out he was me all along... I'm still not entirely sure what to think."

Firuthi shuddered for a moment.

"I'm still not fully sure I can call on him reliably. I don't plan to test it until the dance is over - I want these kids to have some time when they're not in danger. I can't put them through too many crises in a row."

Universe

"My understanding of kingship is that you're at a higher standard compared to everyone else. It's not just about fancy parties. You're supposed to be their inspiration, their guiding star."

Firuthi hesitated.

"I don't know if finance and law work the same way for celestial dragons as for more local kings, but if they do those are also part of your responsibility. And... you're also supposed to be a negotiator."

Firuthi gazed off for a moment.

"I actually got an offer to be a king once. I turned it down because I know I've got the task of raising several future kings, in a rather odd sense."

"I think the closest I've gotten to being hunted... was the nightmare beast. For years, I saw him in my moments of doubt. His mere presence terrified me. To find out he was me all along... I'm still not entirely sure what to think."

Firuthi shuddered for a moment.

"I'm still not fully sure I can call on him reliably. I don't plan to test it until the dance is over - I want these kids to have some time when they're not in danger. I can't put them through too many crises in a row."
“I hatched into this I had no choice I have to be king unless someone challenges me and beats me by right of combat I’m going to be king” *I sighed* “I’m not sure I want to be king but like I said I don’t have a choice as son of Solaris god of creation I have to be the king I’m not inspiring I can’t guide anyone” *I completely forgotten that I had taught several otters something that they had forgotten*

Firuthi Dragovic

“I hatched into this I had no choice I have to be king unless someone challenges me and beats me by right of combat I’m going to be king” *I sighed* “I’m not sure I want to be king but like I said I don’t have a choice as son of Solaris god of creation I have to be the king”
"Much like how it turned out I had no choice but to be a monster. In body, at least."

Firuthi smiled.

"Thanks to you and the others, I at least was allowed to keep my mind."

"Anyways.... your reluctance actually is good, to a point. There is such a thing as too much reluctance though. I know someone on my own planet who was born into insane wealth, having discovered several vaults full of past relics... he feels he has no choice but to be the world's prime leader. Problem is... he feels like he has to do it himself. It drives the rest of us crazy, but he's not out ruining lives."

Firuthi gazed out again.

"Him feeling he has to shoulder the burden of the world himself got to the point where the first bit of help he's accepted in years was when several gods literally called him up and warned him what went down at this party. Then said gods confronted a god that had been harassing the people... and not only got her away from them, but saved her life."

"....look, I realize this probably isn't helping. Simply put, do not feel ashamed about being hesitant to accept your role as king, but embrace the role. Or should I explain how much my creator tried to defy fate, and how much fate simply spat in his face?"

Universe

"Much like how it turned out I had no choice but to be a monster. In body, at least."

Firuthi smiled.

"Thanks to you and the others, I at least was allowed to keep my mind."

"Anyways.... your reluctance actually is good, to a point. There is such a thing as too much reluctance though. I know someone on my own planet who was born into insane wealth, having discovered several vaults full of past relics... he feels he has no choice but to be the world's prime leader. Problem is... he feels like he has to do it himself. It drives the rest of us crazy, but he's not out ruining lives."

Firuthi gazed out again.

"Him feeling he has to shoulder the burden of the world himself got to the point where the first bit of help he's accepted in years was when several gods literally called him up and warned him what went down at this party. Then said gods confronted a god that had been harassing the people... and not only got her away from them, but saved her life."

"....look, I realize this probably isn't helping. Simply put, do not feel ashamed about being hesitant to accept your role as king, but embrace the role. Or should I explain how much my creator tried to defy fate, and how much fate simply spat in his face?"
“I get it”

Firuthi Dragovic

“I get it”
"Alright."

Firuthi looked around.

"Actually, I did want to ask something. What do you see in a good leader? I have to pick someone from my home world to be its king where I couldn't. I already know they should be just slightly reluctant, they should not try to mess with my kids, they can't be single-minded, and they can't let the power go to their heads.... I know you said you didn't know the first thing about being a king, but what do you see in a leader in general?"

Universe

"Alright."

Firuthi looked around.

"Actually, I did want to ask something. What do you see in a good leader? I have to pick someone from my home world to be its king where I couldn't. I already know they should be just slightly reluctant, they should not try to mess with my kids, they can't be single-minded, and they can't let the power go to their heads.... I know you said you didn't know the first thing about being a king, but what do you see in a leader in general?"
“Well they have to be kind think of the subjects and well care about others”

Firuthi Dragovic

“Well they have to be kind think of the subjects and well care about others”
"Sounds about like what I expected. There's quite a few stories of revolutions due to leaders not treating their subjects with even a little dignity."

Firuthi looked across the room.

*it turns out there was a celestial dragon trying to poison me*
"By the way, royals and leaders tend to get targeted a lot by the jealous or petty. Maybe I should introduce you to the rich weasel from my homeworld, see if he can give you any advice. Who knows, he may even wind up the replacement king. He is one of the candidates, and that interview happens after this dance is over."