• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Meanwhile, Hortense and Hayagriva stopped their dance practice.

"I think we've got it."

"Let's worry about getting our dance right. We don't even need to win."

"Yeah, I'm not going to be too worried if the whole 'Descending God' thing isn't a hit with the judges."

-----------------------

Elsewhere in the room, the otters also temporarily stopped their cheerleader-style routine.

"I think I've been thrown enough for now."

"Yeah, let's take a break."

"I'm at least glad we worked out a backup if our planned song isn't available..."

"Or if we don't have Dad available."

"Let him deal with what he had to deal with. We can't rely on him forever."

"Isn't it a bit soon to say that?"

"No."

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Firuthi didn't quite know what Universe was looking at. The fact that he noticed something, however, was clue enough that he'd found whatever tried to poison the celestial dragon. He had an idea how to trap the attacker.

"I have a forcecage device in my coat here... take it. Get them in it. Your attacker won't be able to get help and it won't disrupt anything else."

Firuthi showed the device to Universe.

"Sometimes rulership requires subtlety."
“Ok”

Universe

"Might be a bit early to pull off the element of creation. Let's focus on the element of energy for now."

Oliver sat down to meditate.

"Some clues on the element, perhaps. Is it simply all around us? Do I need to concentrate on a specific thing?"
“relax let it flow through you”

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
<the doe gasps softly as the wings materialize around her. As the music flows on, she closes her eyes and concentrates, as the wings slowly move and she begins to rise off the ground. Still holding your hand, she gracefully floats around you in tune to the music like an Egyptian goddess, letting herself float horizontally into you as she rolls into your arms and tosses her head back while you hold her. She notices others entering for a moment but ignores them as she savours your dance>

This is amazing, thank you for this! <she floats high while still holding your paw, letting herself be lifted by her fingertips like a balloon as she pulls her face close to yours> With your taste in music and skills like this, we are sure to win this year...but even of we don't, this will be great fun!
I think we are all ready for the competition then. I guess we just have to wait for the announcement then.

Firuthi Dragovic

"Also, the cage can be adjusted. I don't know how well dark celestials can break out of bonds, Universe, so it may come in handy."

Firuthi handed over the device to Universe.

"You can see him, I can't. Should I go get the security of this place or is this a thing only a celestial dragon can deal with?"

Universe

"Also, the cage can be adjusted. I don't know how well dark celestials can break out of bonds, Universe, so it may come in handy."

Firuthi handed over the device to Universe.

"You can see him, I can't. Should I go get the security of this place or is this a thing only a celestial dragon can deal with?"
“I can handle it”

Firuthi Dragovic

“I can handle it”
"Alright. I'll be here if things go wrong - I have to deal with something with my kids pretty soon. Just waiting for them to announce it."

Firuthi sighed.

"Keep Alpha close, in case more of them try anything."

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
<she tilts her head and responds slightly offended> I know exactly how it will behave, it is me and will behave as I would, even when disconnected. I did not create this avatar but ever since it existed I have been exploring organic life with only minor issues! @Marius Merganser enjoys us both equally and our communication has been clear so we are fine. True we are exploring the physical aspects of my avatar together but that is not...

<she stops herself and pauses as a look of concern passes over her face> However you are correct that prolonged separation has resulted in divergences and sometimes negativity in relating to her. Plus Marius is especially enjoying the tactile sensations that my avatar can now provide while before her creation he was unable to touch me nor me him. Perhaps...perhaps you are correct and he may feel the same? But he has stated that he did not wish for my holographic self to be excluded...NO, you are incorrect, Marius would never consider my avatar self just a meat puppet! His affections are for me and I am me regardless of my form! So there!

<she crosses her arms defiantly as she clearly is trying to convince herself more than you>

"Pff, Of course he doesn't think your avatar is just a meat puppet," Inkwell assured her, "He obviously thinks that that is the real you. He clearly prefers your avatar over the real thing, the original you. You know, the you you. If that avatar didn't exist, would he really even pay any attention to you outside of a casual conversation or two? Ha! Not that he could carry out such a thing. You are a hyper intelligent artificial organism. What kind of stimulating conversations could he have with you anyway? Even I'm approaching the limit of engagement with you. My knowledge would only interest you so far."

"No no," Inkwell waved his hand dismissively to walk over to the somewhat defeated bunny colossus to make sure he was alright. "I don't believe in the slightest that a year from now, if you parted ways today, he would give you the slightest bit of affection. Probably have already moved on to the next prospect. It's not that he might not care, it's just how biology works. Don't blame him too harshly."
<the rabbit roars as he launches himself at the mech once more with fury in his eyes. His arms struggle against the machinery as they stalemate...the circuitry straining and sparking as the bunny's shell pulses more and more...just as the slug rabbit Sven comes crashing through the door. Distracted by the shattering of the doors, the mech takes advantage and lifts the bunny high, smashing him against the ground again and again. The others cheer as the mech grabs his head and starts ramming it into the floor repeatedly as the bunny's arms flail helplessly before eventually falling limp to the floor. The holobunny looks over and deadpans>

It appears he needs to learn focus, however his increased durability is quite impressive. His physical systems are resisting the dissolving effect of your seed reasonably well and thus he may survive longer, assuming he survives his training of course. Perhaps Pierre can assist, as it appears his training is progressing more advanced.

"Why of course! I told you he would be alright!" Inkwell beamed in delight as the muscle armor began to retract around Lucien, a little relieved that it had actually all gone according to plan this time, today didn't seem like a day where that would ever happen.

"Excellent performance my good man!" Inkwell clasped his paws together as Lucien's team of slugs hurried over to pick him up and offer him water, holding him up by his shoulders as the crowd cheered on the mech that had apparently defeated him.

Lucien's team just glared and tisked at the mech's controllers.

"Cheap shot..." One of them scoffed.

"Would have had him for sure sir!" The other pat Lucien on the back.

"Well," Inkwell interjected, "Two out of three is still admirable. Now, why don't we retire to the garden and relax for a bit and discuss your new found abilities, shall we?"

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
<the bunny smiles and taps his foot eagerly> Well, ok, if you say so sir. So this time you want leg power and not speed...got it. I'll aim for the waist, ready?

<he looks at his lower body and shrugs as you pick up a piece of broken wood to hold as a target> Umm, foot braced I guess, turn to the side...and out? <he kicks a weak side-kick, his lupine body not built for that angle at all. Correcting himself, he tries a different tactic> NO, that's not going to work so let's see, turning around, leaning low, and licking straight back? Yeah, let's try that, ready? One...two...three!

<pushing back, his feet spring out like a steel trap, not so much pushing hard but slapping at high-speed against the board. You see a sharp crack forming from the impact and feel a strong vibration as it seems to drive the force through the wood rather than pushing you back. Suddenly the wood shatters in your arms, sending splinters everywhere as the bunny claps excitedly>

WOOO, that seems like it did something! Still good, sir? What did you think?

"Pff... it's okay... I guess..." Sven replied dismissively. "But why don't we give you a real target hu?"

Sven gave an evil smirk, holding out his hands as the egg shaped backpack on his back popped open to spill out his own nanites. He usually didn't approach things this way, but clearly the other rabbit just needed to be pushed to get things done. He had everything he needed, he just needed the motivation to do it! Discipline too. That was key. But, forcing him to learn and do things in the heat of the moment might actually work in this case. And if it didn't, well... didn't matter, Sven was an expert combat trainer!

"Here's what I'm gonna do... I'm just gonna make some targets for you, and you do what you think makes sense alright? Swipe and sweep for a blow, contact the target with the top of your paws or the length of your leg for a heavy hit. Jab with your paw like we did with your fist if you wanna push them back a little or to strike an unguarded stance." He explained.

The nanites began to form around Pierre! They took the shapes of at least a dozen slimy naked endogenous slug rabbits, snarling like feral beasts but standing on hind legs and lurching forward like the creatures from old monster movies. Each one was a little shorter than Pierre himself, but no less threatening.

"Bah ha ha ha! Better take them down before they start digging their teeth into you!" Sven cackled sinisterly. "Don't worry! They don't know basic combat techniques, shouldn't be too difficult to outsmart!"

Firuthi Dragovic

“relax let it flow through you”
Oliver, admittedly, didn't get it for a while, meditating on that beach. Let energy flow through you? Weren't all of his forms utilizing some form of energy?

Was Solaris trying to teach him about raw energy? Perhaps, as if all of his power came from the same source?

As if all of the power of reality came from the same single substance?

A single point, a single source. Let it in. Let it flow through me.

Flow through him... it was not merely like the air he breathed. It was... something else.

Not like the blood flowing through his body, either. He started to sense this other force... to draw on it.

The power was starting to take form within him.

What color did his scales turn, as he began to manifest the element of energy?

Badgermansam

Urthstrype Ironweaver
<she giggles and rubs her nose against yours> Oh there's like LOTS to do here! You know about da food and the "goodies" already. Mambi's got a sauna and hot tub and full pool to swim in. He's got an observatory to check out all sorts of cool stuff, there;s a gym in the basement, lots of private rooms, and a special "nip" room as well. There's a nice beach outside, a full holographic garden room...lots of stuff! You name it, odds are he's got it!

<she calls to the sky> Aurora here's got it all inside here , don'tcha girl?

<as nothing happens, Lisa snickers> Sheila, I don't think the AI considers that to be a command. She probably didn't hear you...but yeah, she's right though. Mambi's place has a lot going on usually...
<Urthstrype whirled through his head all the possibilities of what's just been put in front of him. Immediately ticks off 'private rooms' and decides to put it in horny jail.>

Hrm... sounds like we could use the Gym as a dance studio, no doubt it has some side rooms to practice in. The idea of a beach always pulls my interest, I'm a coastal boy after all. Ah, and me without my swimming trunks too, such a pity.

<He leans in a little closer to Sheila, just enough to whisper in her ear away from prying eyes.>

I'd probably just have to go in my birthday suit in that case.

Firuthi Dragovic

*I accepted the device*
Universe had seen imprisonment devices like this before. He knew that in addition to imprisoning the target, it made them much lighter - so he could carry off the prisoner without assistance.

This one also had a sound dampener so only the bearer could hear its prisoner.

He might have to make a few adjustments to account for what he knew of dark celestial dragons, assuming any of them actually knew how to escape a forcecage, but those would be an easy on-field fix. He could do it or have Alpha do it.

"Listen, I've got to go deal with the kids. Take care of your attacker how you see fit and tell us about it afterwards, okay?"

Firuthi Dragovic

Hortense and Hayagriva sat down. Hayagriva pulled out his communicator again.

"Looks like he's messaging me again."

"What does the guy want now?"

"Apparently his usual contact inside Intelligence isn't responding to him."

"You don't think there's been more personnel changes, do you?"

"Oh, with what's going on, I'm sure of it. Anyways, he's trying to get more info on a specific case from a few hundred years back."

"Do we drag the boss into this?"

"I was hoping not to have to. Unlike the last guy, he IS trying to have a social life..."

Hayagriva hit a button and his communicator went dark. He remembered what happened last time.

"Maybe after the dance we can ask him. Speaking of which.... hey, Aurora (@Mambi )? There's talk going around of a dance competition. Assuming it's not just some rumored hype that typically gets spread around during parties, how long do we have before it starts?"

Last edited:

Universe

Universe had seen imprisonment devices like this before. He knew that in addition to imprisoning the target, it made them much lighter - so he could carry off the prisoner without assistance.

This one also had a sound dampener so only the bearer could hear its prisoner.

He might have to make a few adjustments to account for what he knew of dark celestial dragons, assuming any of them actually knew how to escape a forcecage, but those would be an easy on-field fix. He could do it or have Alpha do it.

"Listen, I've got to go deal with the kids. Take care of your attacker how you see fit and tell us about it afterwards, okay?"
*I charged the dark celestial dragon who tried to punch me but I dodged without thinking and punched the dark celestial dragon into the wall* “take that you cowardly lizard” *The dark celestial dragon got offended and tried to cut my head off only I threw the imprisonment device at him immobilizing him*

Universe

Oliver, admittedly, didn't get it for a while, meditating on that beach. Let energy flow through you? Weren't all of his forms utilizing some form of energy?

Was Solaris trying to teach him about raw energy? Perhaps, as if all of his power came from the same source?

As if all of the power of reality came from the same single substance?

A single point, a single source. Let it in. Let it flow through me.

Flow through him... it was not merely like the air he breathed. It was... something else.

Not like the blood flowing through his body, either. He started to sense this other force... to draw on it.

The power was starting to take form within him.

What color did his scales turn, as he began to manifest the element of energy?
*they turned pure white*

Firuthi Dragovic

*they turned pure white*
After some more meditation, Oliver opened his eyes. He was... rather astonished, at the change.

It would take some time to get used to the new element, of course. But he did have to test its limits a little.

He did a few motions, making sure to point away from anyone or anything. He thrust a hand out. He cupped his hands as if he were making a sphere. He put up a blocking stance. He swept his hands forward like he was clawing with both hands at once. He made a motion as if he was spewing a breath weapon.

Those are the five motions he knew did elemental effects. Not every form had every motion work. He would have to ask about other motions to harness the energy after getting done with testing the energy element.

For fire, he knew the hand thrust was a bolt of fire, the cupped hands made an explosive fireball, the block did nothing, the claw motion did walls of fire, and the breath resulted in spewing flames from his mouth.

For ice, he knew that thrusting a hand did nothing, the cupped hands made a ball of ice, the block resulted in an ice shield, the claw motion did ice slashes, and the breath resulted in spewing a winter wind.

For lightning, he knew the hand thrust did a lightning bolt, the cupped hands made ball lightning, the block did nothing, the claw motion unleashed scattered lightning bolts, and the breath did nothing.

For dust, he knew the hand thrust did nothing, the cupped hands resulted in a stone forming, the block created a shield of dirt, the claw motion did nothing, and the breath resulted in a small tornado.

For mind, he knew the hand thrust resulted in a small psychic bolt, the cupped hands did nothing, the block did nothing, the claw motion resulted in psychic waves, and the breath did nothing.

For nature, he knew that a hand thrust did nothing, the cupped hands did nothing, the block created a shield of branches and leaves, the claw motion resulted in vines sprouting in front of him, and the breath resulted in a barrage of seeds.

What would the energy element yield with those five motions - the hand thrust, the cupped hands, the block stance, the claw motion, and the breath attack?

Firuthi Dragovic

*I charged the dark celestial dragon who tried to punch me but I dodged without thinking and punched the dark celestial dragon into the wall* “take that you cowardly lizard” *The dark celestial dragon got offended and tried to cut my head off only I threw the imprisonment device at him immobilizing him*
*I started doing an ancient celestial dragon dance that involves me doing the moonwalk while in midair as a victory dance*
Firuthi looked back at Universe as he succeeded in stopping his attacker, and gave a thumbs up. He then turned back towards his children.

"So, what was it you were asking me...?"

"We need you to storm the stage halfway through."

"Turns out we ARE doing the re-enactment. If he yells at us, he yells at us."

"Ooooo-kay......"

"We can laugh the whole thing off now, instead of letting it hold us back."

Universe

Firuthi looked back at Universe as he succeeded in stopping his attacker, and gave a thumbs up. He then turned back towards his children.

"So, what was it you were asking me...?"

"We need you to storm the stage halfway through."

"Turns out we ARE doing the re-enactment. If he yells at us, he yells at us."

"Ooooo-kay......"

"We can laugh the whole thing off now, instead of letting it hold us back."
*I walked over to them after teleporting the dark celestial dragon to celestial prison*

Universe

After some more meditation, Oliver opened his eyes. He was... rather astonished, at the change.

It would take some time to get used to the new element, of course. But he did have to test its limits a little.

He did a few motions, making sure to point away from anyone or anything. He thrust a hand out. He cupped his hands as if he were making a sphere. He put up a blocking stance. He swept his hands forward like he was clawing with both hands at once. He made a motion as if he was spewing a breath weapon.

Those are the five motions he knew did elemental effects. Not every form had every motion work. He would have to ask about other motions to harness the energy after getting done with testing the energy element.

For fire, he knew the hand thrust was a bolt of fire, the cupped hands made an explosive fireball, the block did nothing, the claw motion did walls of fire, and the breath resulted in spewing flames from his mouth.

For ice, he knew that thrusting a hand did nothing, the cupped hands made a ball of ice, the block resulted in an ice shield, the claw motion did ice slashes, and the breath resulted in spewing a winter wind.

For lightning, he knew the hand thrust did a lightning bolt, the cupped hands made ball lightning, the block did nothing, the claw motion unleashed scattered lightning bolts, and the breath did nothing.

For dust, he knew the hand thrust did nothing, the cupped hands resulted in a stone forming, the block created a shield of dirt, the claw motion did nothing, and the breath resulted in a small tornado.

For mind, he knew the hand thrust resulted in a small psychic bolt, the cupped hands did nothing, the block did nothing, the claw motion resulted in psychic waves, and the breath did nothing.

For nature, he knew that a hand thrust did nothing, the cupped hands did nothing, the block created a shield of branches and leaves, the claw motion resulted in vines sprouting in front of him, and the breath resulted in a barrage of seeds.

What would the energy element yield with those five motions - the hand thrust, the cupped hands, the block stance, the claw motion, and the breath attack?
*He fires an energy blast from his cupped hands*

Firuthi Dragovic

Hortense and Hayagriva were busy tracing on something.

"So while we're waiting for Aurora to clue us in on the competition..."

"Yeah?"

"I think I might know how long it's been since the Sekhmet incident."

"Do tell."

"I just remembered this.... one of the last bits of news I got before I had to flee was the Convergence making contact with an inventor."

"That sounds kind of common."

"They said they sent a Temporal Lord - a rat, apparently - to meet with someone on Earthrealm. Apparently the guy had some misgivings about war?"

"Again, pretty consistent for Convergence types to target them."

"The rat suggested plans for a weapon that would, and I quote, 'reduce the size of armies'."

"Wait a second, I think I know this inventor. That would have been a century and a half ago."

"Yep. And while the weapon wasn't used extensively for some time, it... did what the rat said it would, just not the way the guy intended. It wound up making war a lot worse."

"Ouch. That is exactly like Convergence trickery. I'm pretty sure I know which inventor this was, but do you recall his name?"

"Gat-something? I didn't fully hear it at the time. Maybe I should ask Ahrakas about it - that was HIS domain it happened on."

Firuthi Dragovic

*He fires an energy blast from his cupped hands*
Oliver was a bit surprised. Was that the only thing he could do in this form?

No! It was because he'd just learned it. He'd have to practice more. But now was a good time to ask about more ways, more gestures and words.

He looked to Solaris.

"Say, do you know any more methods of channeling the power? I only have had the chance to learn about five methods and I feel like it's holding back my ability to use the elements I can attain."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Hayagriva hit a button and his communicator went dark. He remembered what happened last time.

"Maybe after the dance we can ask him. Speaking of which.... hey, Aurora (@Mambi )? There's talk going around of a dance competition. Assuming it's not just some rumored hype that typically gets spread around during parties, how long do we have before it starts?"

<a nearby display on a console activates as the face of the holobunny can be seen on the screen
> That information is correct and not a rumor. Mambi is currently preparing the primary dance hall room, and I expect to be making the announcement within the next hour or so when he is complete.

<she closes her eyes as the display turns itself off>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I think we are all ready for the competition then. I guess we just have to wait for the announcement then.

<she floats to the ground gracefully and bows, watching a few others entering as well> It appears so then. <she calls to the cat> Say Mambi, when do you think it will begin?

<the cat blows another balloon up and ties it to a ribbon> Oh I should be done here in a bit...Aurora will be making an announcement pretty soon. Probs around 1/2 hour or so? Oh, that reminds me, I have to get some more glowsticks, be right back! <with glowing eyes, a shimmering portal opens before him. He jumps into the hole and disappears as it closes behind him and the doe turns back to you>

Well, there you are, we got a bit of time it seems. <chuckle> Isis will guide us well! <smile> Do you wish for your guards to watch as well?