• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius licks some of the pie off his bill>
"Thanks," <he answers dryly>

<Face still mostly covered by the apple pie, he turns to Aurora, or at least, where he thinks she is.>
"I'd say that was quite the success. Slapstick does tend to escalate quickly, but it's good not to let it get carried away." <he emphasized to the laughing cat>

<Hearing the commotion of the rabbit cleanup crew, Marius finally reaches out blindly in search of something to clean his face. By coincidence, he picks up the rabbit that he had pulled aside earlier and uses him as a napkin, oblivious to his protests. Clean enough to see again, Marius sets him back down.>


"I'm going to be preening for days."

<the cat snickers harder, then clears his throat> Yes Aurora, escalation can happen quite spontaneously as you can see. <giggles at you and smiles, then turns and points to the line by the amber light> Sorry about that though, couldn't resist. If you'd like to clean up, you can use the amber cleaning system or that pad over...

<he stops as he sees you pick up the rabbit and wipe yourself> Well, guess you got that covered, but here, allow me...Aurora, if you could use the drying light on our good friend here? <she nods and immediately you find yourself bathed in an amber light. The food and liquids peel themselves off your feathers and bill and float into a small ball, then floating in the light deposit themselves by the garbage leaving you cleaned>

<you are about to say something when you hear a small high-pitched ruckus, and all 3 of us turn to see the rabbit you wiped with swearing and fuming, his hands stretched towards you trying to lunge at you while several of his his co-workers hold him back>
Ummm, maybe we should continue this discussion somewhere else?
 
Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*Early 2000s popup windows begin aggressively appearing; Everything from something about being the one millionth site visitor and winning a brand new Zune to forbidden voidsFlash-heavy N'Sync fanpages. One of them has TEETH. Renfield steps out of this one- his own mouth -like Alfred Hitchcock presenting. The part that Mr. Hitchcock did. not do, however, is when he opens his chest and leans back. An impossibly black fist shoots up out of him, the popups deforming from gravity and being torn apart as they form a little accretion disk. The fist snaps shut, making a reverse sound- Instead of any noise, it actually removes a delicious nugget of sound as garnish. The fist sinks back into the dusty galaxy formed around the edge of the hole in him, which sounds like a zipper when it closes via the system collapsing in on itself.

Smiles contentedly.*


"I like watching you." ◯◡◯

<a small rabbit carrying a tray of snacks approaches you as the music and lights from the rave swirl around you>
Greetings! Mambi is currently busy in the dining room but should join us shortly. May I offer you a snack? We have several other foods and drinks in the...

Oh, hold on...<he listens in an earpiece> Hello, Peter here. There was? She did? How bad is...oh my! Thank you for...ok, just calm down, I'll be there soon. <turns back to you> Sorry, apparently there a small incident in the dining room, but many more snacks should be available in a short while. I have to run to assist, but if you have any issues, please press a red button for the AI holographic bunny to assist you. Pardon me! <he bows and rushes to a door down the hall, leaving you surrounded by dancers>
 

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
<you and the cat both watch as the duck and the holoduck interact, the duck stammering and sweating nervously as Aurora asks him her questions. He grabs a piece of cheese that is currently on fire and without any apparent pain, takes a bite and moves closer to you, whispering>

This should be good...you never met her yet, but Aurora is a very direct pragmatic "individual", so I'm curious how she handles this topic herself! <sigh> Poor duck though, I have no idea if 'Rora'll actually understand all this by the time he's done. Think I should bail him out, or let him go on a but more? <other guests snicker at the show>
< Murichumado watches with a keen interest, chomping down on one of the cookies. It's quite an amusing affair. Then the cat appeared to eat some cheese that was on fire. >

What the hell? Is that fire real? <He sniffs, the pungent odor of smoke fills his nostrils.> Yep, definitely real. That cat must be immortal or some wizard crap < Suddenly the cat is there, talking to him. Murichumado glances between him and the action unfolding in front of them. He licks his lips, wiping a mess of blue frosting off his fur. >

Eh, Let him go on a bit more. I'm curious to see what happens...
 
<you are about to say something when you hear a small high-pitched ruckus, and all 3 of us turn to see the rabbit you wiped with swearing and fuming, his hands stretched towards you trying to lunge at you while several of his his co-workers hold him back> Ummm, maybe we should continue this discussion somewhere else?

"No harm, no fowl," <Marius winks very unsubtly>
"Yes, probably a good idea to move on. My rabbit friend looks like he wants some intensive hugging and like I already told Aurora, that's probably not a good idea in front of all the guests."
<Marius bows and holds an wing/arm out>
"After you."
 

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
<you pass through the portal just as the cat relaxes and the rift re-seals itself behind you. Seeing an awesome spread of food and several nut-related foods behind a glowing purple energy field, you watch a few rabbits come out of double-doors in the back with trays of replacement snacks. You notice a lack of meats on the spread but see several types of tofu that are almost identical to their respective food equivalents. You observe the duck and holoduck interacting, and hear several guests giggling at the conversation>

<Finally, looking over to the group, you manage to see the cat and yes, there is the wolf you saw upstairs, standing beside him chatting with his own snack foods. Doritos and cookies, damn this wolf even has the same basic tastes as you! You stand back a little to blend into the crowd better, even though you realize that this wolf has no idea who you are of course, watching the wolf intently as you decide how to proceed>
<Murichurado skims over the crowd, in particular the wolf he's been looking for. He's chumming it up with that weird cat who runs this place. To his surprise, a pang of jealousy washes over his chest. Of course this version of him is the social butterfly. Why can't he make friends that easily? He wants to walk over and say something, introduce himself, but something tugs at him, holding him back. So instead he turns towards the buffet of food laid out in front of him. Those cookies do look pretty good. He walks over and loads up a plate of the same cookies the wolf had, as well as a plateload of chocolate candies. >

Dogs can't eat chocolate, right? At least that's one thing I'm better than him at.

<
He walks back over to his secret spot and continues watching the conversation, gnawing on some chocolate bars.
 

The-Courier

Shipmaster
Ah I understand, passing on the torch for the legwork, hence why your protege is currently dealing with that conflict you mentioned I presume. Still you sound like you have a very noble and meaningful calling behind you. <the lizard nods respectfully> What is a "jedi" though? Are they also religious warriors?
"Of a sort," the man replied with a small hand gesture, deciding to keep his explanation simple for brevity's sake.
"They're more peaceful than we are, and a lot more honorable."

Standing up, Hemmingsworth adjusted the cuff of his sleeves.
"I will take a look around further; if you wish to accompany me, you can."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
< Murichumado watches with a keen interest, chomping down on one of the cookies. It's quite an amusing affair. Then the cat appeared to eat some cheese that was on fire. >

What the hell? Is that fire real? <He sniffs, the pungent odor of smoke fills his nostrils.> Yep, definitely real. That cat must be immortal or some wizard crap < Suddenly the cat is there, talking to him. Murichumado glances between him and the action unfolding in front of them. He licks his lips, wiping a mess of blue frosting off his fur. >

Eh, Let him go on a bit more. I'm curious to see what happens...

<as you recoil from the sudden chaos that erupted, watching the depressed and angry rabbits cleaning up, you see the cat has emerged from his hiding spot and is leaving with the duck and go to rejoin him. You notice the cheese with the flames are not burning anything and curious, you pass your hand over a flame and to your surprise find it to be colder than the air around it! Suddenly you are distracted as you hear him call out for everyone to leave and grabbing some untouched food for the road, follow the cat who is moving with the critters that are heading for the door sheepishly>
 
Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Murichurado skims over the crowd, in particular the wolf he's been looking for. He's chumming it up with that weird cat who runs this place. To his surprise, a pang of jealousy washes over his chest. Of course this version of him is the social butterfly. Why can't he make friends that easily? He wants to walk over and say something, introduce himself, but something tugs at him, holding him back. So instead he turns towards the buffet of food laid out in front of him. Those cookies do look pretty good. He walks over and loads up a plate of the same cookies the wolf had, as well as a plateload of chocolate candies. >

Dogs can't eat chocolate, right? At least that's one thing I'm better than him at.

<
He walks back over to his secret spot and continues watching the conversation, gnawing on some chocolate bars.

<as you recoil from the sudden chaos that erupted, watching the depressed and angry rabbits cleaning up, you see the cat has emerged from his hiding spot and is leaving with the duck and your wolfen friend. Seeing your plate of snacks have somehow survived the melee, you hear him call out for everyone to leave and follow the critters that are heading for the door sheepishly>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"No harm, no fowl," <Marius winks very unsubtly>
"Yes, probably a good idea to move on. My rabbit friend looks like he wants some intensive hugging and like I already told Aurora, that's probably not a good idea in front of all the guests."
<Marius bows and holds an wing/arm out>
"After you."

<the cat giggles sheepishly as the servant rabbits gumble> Yeeeah, we should all go and let the bunnies clean up! <he calls out to the crowd>

HEY EVERYONE!!! We should go and let the rabbits clean up. Snacks will be back on in a while...front doors please!

<he leads on with you and his wolfen friend, as Aurora leads on still in her duck form, several other holographic rabbit avatars forming to lead guests out orderly into the main hall. As we all exit, several guests wander upstairs to the observatory, while others start to go back to the main dance floor. The cat turns to you and the wolf and beckons around him to the various doors and halls, seeing a lone human @SinglePringle leaning casually against the wall watching subtly>

So what appeals to ya? The garden or the pool is certainly your style, or are you secretly a dancer at heart? <he winks and starts bopping his hips to the beat of the music playing while the holoduck looks on slightly amused but patently quiet>
 
Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Of a sort," the man replied with a small hand gesture, deciding to keep his explanation simple for brevity's sake.
"They're more peaceful than we are, and a lot more honorable."

Standing up, Hemmingsworth adjusted the cuff of his sleeves.
"I will take a look around further; if you wish to accompany me, you can."

<the lizard stands and smiles> I would love to actually, thank you. <he looks around at the rift to the other dimension, the telescope, the VR system, and the black hole display. He sees a readout for the newly-created looped universe being monitored and points to it>

Say, mind if I go explore that a moment over there? I watched him create the torus in the containment cube a few hours ago and I would love to see the power output.
 
So what appeals to ya? The garden or the pool is certainly your style, or are you secretly a dancer at heart? <he winks and starts bopping his hips to the beat of the music playing while the holoduck looks on slightly amused but patently quiet>

<Marius glances at the others and blushes.>
"Well, I only know the Tango..."
<He looks at Aurora>
"...but that takes two."
 

Queen Brie

Active Member
<Tail held in one hand, random paper in another, Queenie cautiously steps into the portal then swiftly out then back in. She does this for the next 30 seconds, intermittently sniffing and peering around the party area. Taking one giant big breath, she takes a big step into the room intrigued by the smells and jiving to the music>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius glances at the others and blushes.>
"Well, I only know the Tango..."
<He looks at Aurora>
"...but that takes two."

<the holoduck smiles warmly> If the dance Tango is desired, it is a dance I am aware of and can replicate, or if a tangible partner is preferred I can locate an appropriate partner for you. The music will have to be altered however, perhaps during the dance party it can be arranged?

<the cat slaps himself upside the head> The dance competition!!! I almost forgot about that! All the preparations are ready and have been for a while now, I just need to see who's all attending? Aurora, how many guests have expressed interest yet?

Including yourself, there are 3 guests currently guaranteed to compete, and 14 others in various states of persuasion.

Excellent! <turns to you with a wicked grin> Care to make it 4? <lol>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Tail held in one hand, random paper in another, Queenie cautiously steps into the portal then swiftly out then back in. She does this for the next 30 seconds, intermittently sniffing and peering around the party area. Taking one giant big breath, she takes a big step into the room intrigued by the smells and jiving to the music>

<as you emerge into the apparent rave in progress, you marvel at the lights and guests all enjoying themselves to the beat. You see a few guests lounging in chairs off to one side sipping juices, while one in particular catches your attention talking to a holographic transparent rabbit. You see several smaller live rabbits carrying trays of snacks and juices, while several others are carrying cleaning equipment into a side room, the sounds of grumbling and weeping coming from other rabbits inside. A few guests are standing in an amber light, food and liquids peeling off their fur as the light cleans them>

<looking down a hallway, you see the cat that originally appeared through the portal talking to a live and holographic duck and a wolf, as one of the smaller rabbits apprioaches you with his tray>
Hello and welcome to the party. Mambi is busy at the moment but should be along shortly, but if you require any addition help, press the red button on any console. May I offer you a snack or drink currently?
 
<the holoduck smiles warmly> If the dance Tango is desired, it is a dance I am aware of and can replicate, or if a tangible partner is preferred I can locate an appropriate partner for you. The music will have to be altered however, perhaps during the dance party it can be arranged?

<the cat slaps himself upside the head> The dance competition!!! I almost forgot about that! All the preparations are ready and have been for a while now, I just need to see who's all attending? Aurora, how many guests have expressed interest yet?

Including yourself, there are 3 guests currently guaranteed to compete, and 14 others in various states of persuasion.

Excellent! <turns to you with a wicked grin> Care to make it 4? <lol>

"Competition?" <Marius considers it for a moment> "Well, I thought, maybe if Aurora knew how and wasn't busy, she might, you know, want to dance. With me. Maybe."
<Marius kicks at the floor while fussing with his jacket and blushes.>
"But I don't know how fair a competition would be with the two of us. I guess if she wasn't tangible, it might make it a little more even for the others.>
<Marius' duck ego starts to show through his shyness>
 

hologrammaton

late.mp3
*Time moves at different rates in different places, and thus although it had appeared that Renfield had glitched frozen for days or weeks with the little welcome wagon of holographic white rabbits, this post isn't late in the slightest.

In fact, he appears to have been interfacing with the realm as a whole somehow, as if having had a deep chat with it over coffee and biscuits. The little 'grams stand in some formation, some with their heads back and others up straight, calling out in unison with oddly deep harmonic tones. Renfield himself ripples like a mirage as they do, lifting his head and joining their monotone droning. It was usually only Shaved Ice Babies who did this, but hopefully they were summoning something completely different from the one that deals with furious little cinnamon buns.*
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Competition?" <Marius considers it for a moment> "Well, I thought, maybe if Aurora knew how and wasn't busy, she might, you know, want to dance. With me. Maybe."
<Marius kicks at the floor while fussing with his jacket and blushes.>
"But I don't know how fair a competition would be with the two of us. I guess if she wasn't tangible, it might make it a little more even for the others.>
<Marius' duck ego starts to show through his shyness>

<the holoduck turns and walks up to you> I am not capable of being busy, as I can exist simultaneously as required, so I will join you in the dance. As you cannot interact physically with this avatar, it is logical for you to take the lead and I shall follow your motions at your pace.

GREAT, this is going to be fun! <the cat beams with excitement> Aurora, please let the others know it will start in...say, 30 minutes? <she nods and you see 2 holographic rabbits appear with a shimmer in front of 2 seemingly random guests and talk to them. They immediately jump in joy and dash off down the hall to a large double-door as the rabbits disappear and the cat turns to you>

So that's obviously where the dance competition is being held. Do you and Aurora want to go practice a bit first or just go in and wait for the others to arrive? Ooo, I can't wait for this!!! <he starts bopping his hips to the music currently playing as he grooves to the beat, accidentally passing through Aurora as he closes his eyes and sways>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*Time moves at different rates in different places, and thus although it had appeared that Renfield had glitched frozen for days or weeks with the little welcome wagon of holographic white rabbits, this post isn't late in the slightest.

In fact, he appears to have been interfacing with the realm as a whole somehow, as if having had a deep chat with it over coffee and biscuits. The little 'grams stand in some formation, some with their heads back and others up straight, calling out in unison with oddly deep harmonic tones. Renfield himself ripples like a mirage as they do, lifting his head and joining their monotone droning. It was usually only Shaved Ice Babies who did this, but hopefully they were summoning something completely different from the one that deals with furious little cinnamon buns.*

<the rabbit seeing the display simply sighs, and sets a glass of juice on a small table near you. As the rabbits drone, several guests hear it over the music and turn to see the apparition appearing before them intrigued. As you join the droning and ripple as well, the rabbit shrugs and presses a red button before he runs off as several guests look on facinated. In seconds, a shimmering holographic rabbit appears, glowing blue and barely clothed. She turns to you and in a cold robotic voice, smiles and addresses you politely>

Greetings and welcome, may I assist you? Also, you appear difficult for my scanners to ascertain properly, may I ask your nature for cataloguing into my databanks?
 
So that's obviously where the dance competition is being held. Do you and Aurora want to go practice a bit first or just go in and wait for the others to arrive? Ooo, I can't wait for this!!! <he starts bopping his hips to the music currently playing as he grooves to the beat, accidentally passing through Aurora as he closes his eyes and sways>

<Marius watches the cat dance off before turning to Aurora, all smiles>
"Well, we have some time. You wanna go over some steps?"
<He stands up straight with his right wing-arm up as if to hold her hand and his left held out horizontally as if to wrap around her waist>
"Show me what you got?"

<The two practice synchronizing their moves and formalizing a routine>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius watches the cat dance off before turning to Aurora, all smiles>
"Well, we have some time. You wanna go over some steps?"
<He stands up straight with his right wing-arm up as if to hold her hand and his left held out horizontally as if to wrap around her waist>
"Show me what you got?"

<The two practice synchronizing their moves and formalizing a routine>

<the holoduck looks slightly puzzled> You can currently observe the entire structure or my avatar at your leisure, this is what I am, is it not? <she sees you pose again, and motion towards the dance hall, them widens her eyes in understanding> Context altered, realization: colloquialism was used. You wish to see my dance capabilities! Yes, we may proceed here if you wish. Re-calibrating current musical selection, please wait.

<she closes her eyes for a moment and the music shifts to a slightly techno-tango rhythm. As the other guests get into the beat in their own way, the holoduck moves within millimetres of you and places her hand in yours...or at least the image of it as you only feel a very slight warmth at best. How odd you think, that you feel almost nothing at all and smell nothing at all, yet your eyes are telling you she is there and following your lead perfectly. You try to hold her closer reflexively but are startled as your limb passes through her like air! Moving your arm back to outside her form again, you look into her eyes standing almost bill-to-bill to her friendly face, her glowing feathers so pretty...and yet somehow your body feels like it is almost dancing by itself, as you feel no resistance at all from the glowing image that is currently your partner>

<the cat claps excitedly as you turn your head to look
> Good stuff...I'll meet you inside! This is gonna be great, woohoo!!!

<he bops into the room playfully, and as you look back to your partner, you see you are currently alone, dancing by yourself with your arms in the air! As the wolf (@SinglePringle ) laughs and points to the open doors, you look to see the holoduck has shimmered back into view inside the dance hall besides the cat and is beckoning you both to join them inside>
 
<the holoduck looks slightly puzzled> You can currently observe the entire structure or my avatar at your leisure, this is what I am, is it not? <she sees you pose again, and motion towards the dance hall, them widens her eyes in understanding> Context altered, realization: colloquialism was used. You wish to see my dance capabilities! Yes, we may proceed here if you wish. Re-calibrating current musical selection, please wait.

<she closes her eyes for a moment and the music shifts to a slightly techno-tango rhythm. As the other guests get into the beat in their own way, the holoduck moves within millimetres of you and places her hand in yours...or at least the image of it as you only feel a very slight warmth at best. How odd you think, that you feel almost nothing at all and smell nothing at all, yet your eyes are telling you she is there and following your lead perfectly. You try to hold her closer reflexively but are startled as your limb passes through her like air! Moving your arm back to outside her form again, you look into her eyes standing almost bill-to-bill to her friendly face, her glowing feathers so pretty...and yet somehow your body feels like it is almost dancing by itself, as you feel no resistance at all from the glowing image that is currently your partner>

<the cat claps excitedly as you turn your head to look
> Good stuff...I'll meet you inside! This is gonna be great, woohoo!!!

<he bops into the room playfully, and as you look back to your partner, you see you are currently alone, dancing by yourself with your arms in the air! As the wolf (@SinglePringle ) laughs and points to the open doors, you look to see the holoduck has shimmered back into view inside the dance hall besides the cat and is beckoning you both to join them inside>

<Marius, lost in the dance, stands there holding what he thinks is an epic pose until he hears the wolf laughing. Suddenly noticing his partner has disappeared, he throws the wolf a scowl and races to the doors, stopping short at the entrance to the dance hall before casually strolling in. He takes a position next to the holoduck and addresses his host>

"So are you competing, too, or are you judging? Who are we up against?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
(*sighs*)
<a random shunk passes you standing and staring at nothing, lost in thought in the hallway> I heard the dance competition is around here somewhere but must have missed the door. Any ideas where it might be friend, or are you lost too?
 

hologrammaton

late.mp3
<the rabbit seeing the display simply sighs, and sets a glass of juice on a small table near you. As the rabbits drone, several guests hear it over the music and turn to see the apparition appearing before them intrigued. As you join the droning and ripple as well, the rabbit shrugs and presses a red button before he runs off as several guests look on facinated. In seconds, a shimmering holographic rabbit appears, glowing blue and barely clothed. She turns to you and in a cold robotic voice, smiles and addresses you politely>

Greetings and welcome, may I assist you? Also, you appear difficult for my scanners to ascertain properly, may I ask your nature for cataloguing into my databanks?
*The underdressed entity causes the surfaces of his glasses to blank out, displaying only the placeholder symbol "NUL" on each. This appears to be similar to closing one's eyes. With the spectacles not glowing, it can be faintly perceived that his 'eyes' somehow both are and are not eyes at all, rather the retinae of some inexplicable locations that taste of existential dread and dried blueberries. There's static, and then a boot screen comes onto his lenses and he gets a wiiiiiiide smile. There are some cheerful yet slightly scrambled electronic beeping sounds, and a cavalry of clones of the realm's rabbits carry a semi-transparent terminal window the size of a laptop up to the hostess as if it were a big painting:
VAPORGRAM1616113825189.jpg
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius, lost in the dance, stands there holding what he thinks is an epic pose until he hears the wolf laughing. Suddenly noticing his partner has disappeared, he throws the wolf a scowl and races to the doors, stopping short at the entrance to the dance hall before casually strolling in. He takes a position next to the holoduck and addresses his host>

"So are you competing, too, or are you judging? Who are we up against?"

<the cat laughs hard> Oh I'll be competing, but it's totally impartial because I dance for fun and not for skill, so I'm no challenge at all. <laughs and sways slowly to the tango music as you see a deer, a lizard, a fox, and a skunk take a seat on a long chesterfield facing a elevated platform>

I got some of the staff and volunteers to judge, and the prize is some private time in the location of your choice anywhere in the world right away for an hour or longer, courtesy of my portal-power! <he bows humbly and giggles as more guests arrive>
 
Top