• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*The underdressed entity causes the surfaces of his glasses to blank out, displaying only the placeholder symbol "NUL" on each. This appears to be similar to closing one's eyes. With the spectacles not glowing, it can be faintly perceived that his 'eyes' somehow both are and are not eyes at all, rather the retinae of some inexplicable locations that taste of existential dread and dried blueberries. There's static, and then a boot screen comes onto his lenses and he gets a wiiiiiiide smile. There are some cheerful yet slightly scrambled electronic beeping sounds, and a cavalry of clones of the realm's rabbits carry a semi-transparent terminal window the size of a laptop up to the hostess as if it were a big painting:
View attachment 105033

<the rabbit tilts her head curiously, and analyzes the beeping sounds> Processing...analysis shows primitive computing system, potential fellow AI, organic components indeterminate to my scanners. Your current bit width of 64 bits and ram capacity of 7879mb is is insufficient for your current processing necessity. This may explain your erratic behaviour...do you require re-calibration?

Query: Is a secondary neurological unit a part of your beings, or do you function as a communal mind?
<the holographic rabbit looks at the realm-rabbits holding the laptop and a greenish light suddenly envelops you and them. As the light fades, the rabbit continues> You continue to appear outside quantum scanning parameters...curious...
 
Last edited:
I got some of the staff and volunteers to judge, and the prize is some private time in the location of your choice anywhere in the world right away for an hour or longer, courtesy of my portal-power! <he bows humbly and giggles as more guests arrive>

<Marius turns pale>
"P-p-p-priva - you mean both go?" <He points back and forth to himself and Aurora nervously> "Can she even leave this place?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius turns pale>
"P-p-p-priva - you mean both go?" <He points back and forth to himself and Aurora nervously> "Can she even leave this place?"

<the cat gets a curious look and with a giggle replies> I meant 'private' in the sense of you alone or anyone you choose, but yeah, in this case Aurora won't be able to join you sadly, as she is tied to this place completely. You can bring anyone else though if you really want...

<the holoduck interrupts> Pardon me, but if my avatar's companionship in private is desired, the garden room can be adapted to a variety of equivalent environments and I am able to project to it. Perhaps if you are victorious this would be an acceptable compromise? Alternately I will be here when you return, it is your choice.

<The cat waves his paw dismissively> Truthfully though, it's all for fun so don't get too hung up on the prize. Aurora, has Lisa and her friend arrived yet? I know they were interested. <she nods> Lisa is currently in the observatory and will be down shortly. Sheila is currently in this room dancing. <he looks around surprised, and sure enough, he sees a wild skunk in the corner with a few people keeping their distance as she whoops and jumps around>

Yeah, there she is, that's her all right...thank you! <turns back to you and winks> I know her, met her a while back. Great dancer and she's a fun one if you want someone to travel with, kind of a bimbo but extra-friendly! <he snickers evilly for some reason as you observe the boppy skunk vibing on the dance floor>
 
Last edited:
<the cat gets a curious look and with a giggle replies> I meant 'private' in the sense of you alone or anyone you choose, but yeah, in this case Aurora won't be able to join you sadly, as she is tied to this place completely. You can bring anyone else though if you really want...

<the holoduck interrupts> Pardon me, but if my avatar's companionship in private is desired, the garden room can be adapted to a variety of equivalent environments and I am able to project to it. Perhaps if you are victorious this would be an acceptable compromise? Alternately I will be here when you return, it is your choice.

<The cat waves his paw dismissively> Truthfully though, it's all for fun so don't get too hung up on the prize. Aurora, has Lisa and her fried arrived yet? I know they were interested. <she nods> Lisa is currently in the observatory and will be down shortly. Sheila is currently in this room dancing. <he looks around surprised, and sure enough, he sees a wild skunk in the corner with a few people keeping their distance as she whoops and jumps around>

Yeah, there she is, that's her all right...thank you! <turns back to you and winks> I know her, met her a while back. Great dancer and she's a fun one if you want someone to travel with, kind of a bimbo but extra-friendly! <he snickers evilly for some reason as you observe the boppy skunk vibing on the dance floor>

<Marius appears very relieved>

"That's great. That's fine. I didn't - I thought - um - never mind."
<He waives politely at the skunk across the dance floor then leans in to whisper to Aurora>
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to suggest I was trying to get - um- private time with you. You're avatar is very pretty and you've been so kind and so I hope you don't think I have any sleazy intentions. I'm just a little nervous and awkward, I guess." <He clears his throat before asking,> "Do you still want to dance?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius appears very relieved>
"That's great. That's fine. I didn't - I thought - um - never mind."
<He waives politely at the skunk across the dance floor then leans in to whisper to Aurora>
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to suggest I was trying to get - um- private time with you. You're avatar is very pretty and you've been so kind and so I hope you don't think I have any sleazy intentions. I'm just a little nervous and awkward, I guess." <He clears his throat before asking,> "Do you still want to dance?"

<she tilts her head curiously and continues, speaking quieter to match your volume in whispers but somehow sounding exactly the same, just softer>
Yes, I am still willing to dance with you, I detected nothing that has occurred to necessitate any change to that plan.

<she stops for a moment and looking at you closely, continues> I do not understand though, why is private time alone with this avatar something that you believed I would find undesirable? Also, terminology: "sleazy" is unknown, please elaborate. <"Of course she doesn't know sleazy", you think to yourself, "she didn't even know innuendo! Hoo boy". She leans in innocently awaiting your reply as you start to feel warmer again>
 
<she stops for a moment and looking at you closely, continues> I do not understand though, why is private time alone with this avatar something that you believed I would find undesirable? Also, terminology: "sleazy" is unknown, please elaborate. <"Of course she doesn't know sleazy", you think to yourself, "she didn't even know innuendo! Hoo boy". She leans in innocently awaiting your reply as you start to feel warmer again>

<Marius sighs and tries to explain quietly>
"When we talked about humor before, you mentioned teaching you about lewdness at some undetermined time in a private place, and the prize for the dance contest is some time in a private place. I know you can't really leave here, but I didn't want you to think I asked you to dance because I was just hoping to win the prize and have a chance to take advantage of you. 'Sleazy' would be teaching you 'lewdness' as an excuse for... let's say, selfish reasons."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius sighs and tries to explain quietly>
"When we talked about humor before, you mentioned teaching you about lewdness at some undetermined time in a private place, and the prize for the dance contest is some time in a private place. I know you can't really leave here, but I didn't want you to think I asked you to dance because I was just hoping to win the prize and have a chance to take advantage of you. 'Sleazy' would be teaching you 'lewdness' as an excuse for... let's say, selfish reasons."

<the holoduck smiles and nods> Thank you, I believe I understand, and I can assure you that any amoral intention was not considered by me as a motive for the dance. Though at some other time, a more private discussion of the nuances of these new terms and concepts would be beneficial If practical. <you blush deeply as the cat and others overhear with their more sensitive hearing and start to giggle>

<the holoduck ignores them and turns back to you>
Interesting reaction...however irrelevant at present time. May you select which attire you would like my avatar to wear for our dance? <she waves her paw and suddenly with a shimmer over a dozen equally beautiful holoducks appear, each with glowing feathers and large warm eyes, and all wearing various skimpy dresses and flowing flower pedal skirts appear, some wearing much more revealing varieties.>

Please select one. <she stands politely and stares at you as she motions for you to examine them. In unison, they all quietly encircle you very closely, each standing in an identical slightly bent pose as to show off the dresses to their fullest as you get very red under your feathers...>
 
Please select one. <she stands politely and stares at you as she motions for you to examine them. In unison, they all quietly encircle you very closely, each standing in an identical slightly bent pose as to show off the dresses to their fullest as you get very red under your feathers...>

<Marius manages to produce a squeak and he quickly uses his feathered hand to flatten and hold down the crest feathers on top of his head. Not wanting to be rude by staring, his gaze bounces between the different iterations of the holoduck and the floor and ceiling. He tries to form a coherent sentence as he turns around but freezes in front of one in particular.>

"Oh. Wow,"

<The holoduck is wearing a dark red velvety dress, that has an irridescent shimmer. The hem was adorned with fine gold trim. The skirt is on the shorter side, but still long enough that it's not trashy looking. The top is form fitting and a has a matching gold trim v-line at the neck. It sort of resembles a figure skater's outfit, but less costume-y and more classy. Even her projected feathers glowed a mix of gray and rusty copper, matching the color pattern of a female red-breasted merganser.>

"How--" <his voice cracks and he clears his throat before asking quietly,> "How about this one?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius manages to produce a squeak and he quickly uses his feathered hand to flatten and hold down the crest feathers on top of his head. Not wanting to be rude by staring, his gaze bounces between the different iterations of the holoduck and the floor and ceiling. He tries to form a coherent sentence as he turns around but freezes in front of one in particular.>

"Oh. Wow,"

<The holoduck is wearing a dark red velvety dress, that has an irridescent shimmer. The hem was adorned with fine gold trim. The skirt is on the shorter side, but still long enough that it's not trashy looking. The top is form fitting and a has a matching gold trim v-line at the neck. It sort of resembles a figure skater's outfit, but less costume-y and more classy. Even her projected feathers glowed a mix of gray and rusty copper, matching the color pattern of a female red-breasted merganser.>

"How--" <his voice cracks and he clears his throat before asking quietly,> "How about this one?"

Certainly, this attire shall be utilized for our tango. <you see the original projection of Aurora and all others shimmer and disappear with a wave, as the selected holoduck stands straight and stepping beside you, continues the conversation very nonchalantly, as if she was always the one you were interacting with> Good luck, Marius. <turns to the cat> I believe the competition can begin anytime as all contestants have arrived.

<he looks around and sees various deer and other animals pairing up, while the judges chat among themselves. The skunk Sheila is obliviously dancing while a crowd watches her bounce around, and a few rabbits start carrying in pitchers of water and other juices> Looks like! Ok then, Aurora, in 5 minutes, let's kick it off! Oh, and can you peek in on Arizona (@NightmareEyes ) in case she's awake? She might not want to miss this, but if she's still sleeping, please don't disturb her,ok? Woohoo this is gonna be a blast!

<she nods as the cat shakes your hand and leaving the wolf (@SinglePringle ) with you, goes to put on some glow bracelets and other frilly decorations at a table>
 
Last edited:
Certainly, this attire shall be utilized for our tango. <you see the original projection of Aurora and all others shimmer and disappear with a wave, as the selected holoduck stands straight and stepping beside you, continues the conversation very nonchalantly, as if she was always the one you were interacting with> Good luck, Marius. <turns to the cat> I believe the competition can begin anytime as all contestants have arrived.

<he looks around and sees various deer and other animals pairing up, while the judges chat among themselves. The skunk Sheila is obliviously dancing while a crowd watches her bounce around, and a few rabbits start carrying in pitchers of water and other juices> Looks like! Ok then, Aurora, in 5 minutes, let's kick it off! Oh, and can you peek in on Arizona (@NightmareEyes ) in case she's awake? She might not want to miss this, but if she's still sleeping, please don't disturb her,ok? Woohoo this is gonna be a blast!

<she nods as the cat shakes your hand and leaving the wolf (@SinglePringle ) with you, goes to put on some glow bracelets and other frilly decorations at a table>

"You look amazing." <Marius comments to Aurora before he suddenly feels his stomach drop.> "Um...excuse me for just a moment. I'll be right back."

<Marius dashes over to the cat host and spins him around, practically shaking him by the shoulders with a wildly panicked look.>

"I'm wearing a leather jacket!" <Marius hisses at him with clenched bill> "I can't dance with her like this when she's wearing THAT!" <Marius points in Aurora's direction and turns to give her an exaggerated smile and thumbs up signal.> "Please tell me there's someplace I can get a tuxedo or a suit or something?!"
 

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
Certainly, this attire shall be utilized for our tango. <you see the original projection of Aurora and all others shimmer and disappear with a wave, as the selected holoduck stands straight and stepping beside you, continues the conversation very nonchalantly, as if she was always the one you were interacting with> Good luck, Marius. <turns to the cat> I believe the competition can begin anytime as all contestants have arrived.

<he looks around and sees various deer and other animals pairing up, while the judges chat among themselves. The skunk Sheila is obliviously dancing while a crowd watches her bounce around, and a few rabbits start carrying in pitchers of water and other juices> Looks like! Ok then, Aurora, in 5 minutes, let's kick it off! Oh, and can you peek in on Arizona (@NightmareEyes ) in case she's awake? She might not want to miss this, but if she's still sleeping, please don't disturb her,ok? Woohoo this is gonna be a blast!

<she nods as the cat shakes your hand and leaving the wolf (@SinglePringle ) with you, goes to put on some glow bracelets and other frilly decorations at a table>
Lol where are my characters exactly? I'm a bit lost
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"You look amazing." <Marius comments to Aurora before he suddenly feels his stomach drop.> "Um...excuse me for just a moment. I'll be right back."

<Marius dashes over to the cat host and spins him around, practically shaking him by the shoulders with a wildly panicked look.>

"I'm wearing a leather jacket!" <Marius hisses at him with clenched bill> "I can't dance with her like this when she's wearing THAT!" <Marius points in Aurora's direction and turns to give her an exaggerated smile and thumbs up signal.> "Please tell me there's someplace I can get a tuxedo or a suit or something?!"

Aurora, we'll be right back, please stay as you are, ok? <as the holoduck smiles and with a slight shift seems to freeze in place, the cat takes the duck out and into the hall marked "supplies" Inside you see a box attached to a machine with several monitors and a console>

Here, shift to whatever you like, hit the button, and it'll appear in the box. You can change here, I'll be in the dance hall waiting. You can always call Aurora if you need help with the red button as usual. Happy hunting <wink>

<the cat smiles and leaves you to the machine, as he returns to the dance hall, back to the table to get more glow stuff...>
 
Aurora, we'll be right back, please stay as you are, ok? <as the holoduck smiles and with a slight shift seems to freeze in place, the cat takes the duck out and into the hall marked "supplies" Inside you see a box attached to a machine with several monitors and a console>

Here, shift to whatever you like, hit the button, and it'll appear in the box. You can change here, I'll be in the dance hall waiting. You can always call Aurora if you need help with the red button as usual. Happy hunting <wink>

<the cat smiles and leaves you to the machine, as he returns to the dance hall, back to the table to get more glow stuff...>

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wait, 'Happy hunting'? <Marius turns to see the cat already walking away and quietly finishes his thought.> "Why would I go fishing in a tuxedo?"

<Under any other circumstances, he would likely spend at least an hour or two playing the machine to see what it could do and try to figure out the details of how it works, but for once, Marius wasn't so easily distracted. He checked the fabricator's console interface and managed to find the clothing options. He selected a tuxedo and after some whirring and shuffling sounds the machine emitted a pleasant 'ding'. After opening the box, Marius extracted a fine tuxedo on a hanger. He removed his leather jacket and put on the white dress shirt, red bow-tie, black vest, black jacket, and black cummerbund. Then he scrunched up the pants into a little ball and tossed them into the recycle bin next to the machine.>

<He peaked into a mirror mounted on the wall and straightened out the bow-time.>
"Not too shabby." <He winked at his reflection and did the 'finger guns' motion. Then with all the formality of a royal, he walked back into the dance hall, pausing to flash the cat host a "check-me-out" smile. Finally, he walked back up to the holoduck>.

"My apologies; I needed a wardrobe upgrade. Do I look okay?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wait, 'Happy hunting'? <Marius turns to see the cat already walking away and quietly finishes his thought.> "Why would I go fishing in a tuxedo?"

<Under any other circumstances, he would likely spend at least an hour or two playing the machine to see what it could do and try to figure out the details of how it works, but for once, Marius wasn't so easily distracted. He checked the fabricator's console interface and managed to find the clothing options. He selected a tuxedo and after some whirring and shuffling sounds the machine emitted a pleasant 'ding'. After opening the box, Marius extracted a fine tuxedo on a hanger. He removed his leather jacket and put on the white dress shirt, red bow-tie, black vest, black jacket, and black cummerbund. Then he scrunched up the pants into a little ball and tossed them into the recycle bin next to the machine.>

<He peaked into a mirror mounted on the wall and straightened out the bow-time.>
"Not too shabby." <He winked at his reflection and did the 'finger guns' motion. Then with all the formality of a royal, he walked back into the dance hall, pausing to flash the cat host a "check-me-out" smile. Finally, he walked back up to the holoduck>.

"My apologies; I needed a wardrobe upgrade. Do I look okay?"

<As you enter the room you grin as you see the holoduck in her gorgeous "outfit" has not moved a single inch since you left apparently! It would appear she took "stay as you are" quite literally, as per usual you suppose. The cat turns to see the handsome duck re-entering the dance hall and claps with approval, just as the holographic duck blinks and starts to move again like a statue of light coming to life. She approaches you and speaks over the music>

Your attire looks to be in perfect order and appears appropriate for the dance, accentuating your physical features well. We shall begin in approximately 2 minutes, when I make the announcement. "good luck" to you.

<she pauses and turns quietly to you> Query: this dance being called "competition". I do not believe that Mambi would reuse the passage of anyone for any reason as the effort is minimal, therefore the dance is clearly for purposes of "fun". If that is the primary goal, please explain how the added element of "competition" make this event differ from the one occurring in the next room, where they are dancing for pure amusement?

Is it better to dance for purpose than for joy? It would appear to my logic centers that the goal of amusement is identical in both scenarios, rendering competition an irrelevant addition? "Competition" is not "humour", correct?
<she tilts her head confused as the cat overhears and giggles silently to himself>
 
Last edited:

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
("wolf" you is in the dance hall standing beside the duck, cat juust danced away to decorate. "Other" you is in the hallway and was spying on us until we entered the room)
All righty then, Lemme try to continue.

<Murichumado stood there awkwardly, trying to understand the waves of events that had just occurred. Somehow he had found himself back in the dance hall, and the cat had jaunted off somewhere spinning like a top. Now he was all alone except for a random rabbit standing nearby. Well, "alone" was a loose term. All around him anthropomorphic animals were bopping to the trendy club music pulsating throughout the room. Murichumado briefly wonders how he couldn't hear the music from the dining room but shoves that thought aside. He looks around the room. >

I wonder if there's a map someplace. I wanna see what else there is to do around here.
 

SinglePringle

I'm making this comment at 1am
<Murichurado watches the crowds, including the wolf, disappear into the dance floor.>

Oh crap, not this place again. I hate dancing. And loud noises. <He groans before making his way to the entrance. Popping his head in, he can see the wolf is for the most part alone, except a few clubbers dancing merrily around him. The wolf has a familiar look of confusion on his face as he just stands there aimlessly. >

Oh wow, he really is my mirror image isn't he? Well, he's alone now... maybe I should go talk to him? <Eyes fixated on the wolf, he takes a step forward and bumps into a waiter carrying drinks, causing them to shatter on the ground with a loud crash. >

GAAAAHH!
 
<she pauses and turns quietly to you> Query: this dance being called "competition". I do not believe that Mambi would reuse the passage of anyone for any reason as the effort is minimal, therefore the dance is clearly for purposes of "fun". If that is the primary goal, please explain how the added element of "competition" make this event differ from the one occurring in the next room, where they are dancing for pure amusement?

Is it better to dance for purpose than for joy? It would appear to my logic centers that the goal of amusement is identical in both scenarios, rendering competition an irrelevant addition? "Competition" is not "humour", correct? <she tilts her head confused as the cat overhears and giggles silently to himself>

<Feeling like he could take on the world, Marius smiles proudly at Aurora's approval.>


"Well, I suppose people dance for many reasons like fun, physical fitness, or as an expression of art, storytelling, spirituality or...to show affection." <he blushes again, looking Aurora in the eyes. He continues after a short pause.>

"Usually the ones who participate in a competition have a higher skill level than the average dancer, so it's more entertaining for the audience, and the participants like performing for them. Competitions usually have formal rules to keep it fair, and then there's also the thrill of winning a prize. I guess you could consider it an added challenge, but it's definitely not necessary, and I think as far as tonight's event goes, 'competition' applies in the loosest sense of the word."

<Marius smiles again>
"Besides, by the time our dance is over, I'll have already won."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
All righty then, Lemme try to continue.

<Murichumado stood there awkwardly, trying to understand the waves of events that had just occurred. Somehow he had found himself back in the dance hall, and the cat had jaunted off somewhere spinning like a top. Now he was all alone except for a random rabbit standing nearby. Well, "alone" was a loose term. All around him anthropomorphic animals were bopping to the trendy club music pulsating throughout the room. Murichumado briefly wonders how he couldn't hear the music from the dining room but shoves that thought aside. He looks around the room. >

I wonder if there's a map someplace. I wanna see what else there is to do around here.

<as the cat dances and watches the duck prepare, the holoduck looks over, overhearing your utterance. With a wave of her winged arm, a shimmering holographic rabbit suddenly forms before you, the same one from before! The holographic rabbit smiles familiarly, definitely Aurora as you recall her name was, and she speaks loudly over the music>

Mapping units are available at any console. We have extra-dimensional observatory services, holographic gardens, pool and private rooms, massage and recreation rooms, and the dining area will be functional soon, as well as a lounge area with access to various recreations. If you wish further touring of the security or containment cube enters it can be arranged as well.

May I assist you further?
<you look at her and the holoduck, amazed that they are the same entity>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Murichurado watches the crowds, including the wolf, disappear into the dance floor.>

Oh crap, not this place again. I hate dancing. And loud noises. <He groans before making his way to the entrance. Popping his head in, he can see the wolf is for the most part alone, except a few clubbers dancing merrily around him. The wolf has a familiar look of confusion on his face as he just stands there aimlessly. >

Oh wow, he really is my mirror image isn't he? Well, he's alone now... maybe I should go talk to him? <Eyes fixated on the wolf, he takes a step forward and bumps into a waiter carrying drinks, causing them to shatter on the ground with a loud crash. >

GAAAAHH!

<the rabbit picks himself up and brushes off the mess from his outfit. He sighs dejectedly and with droopy ears, wanders off to the corner an grabs a mop, clearly having had to do this several times already today. Several guests turn at the noise and giggle a bit but otherwise go back to their dancing, as the wolf is spotted talking to a holographic rabbit, oblivious to your commotion>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Feeling like he could take on the world, Marius smiles proudly at Aurora's approval.>

"Well, I suppose people dance for many reasons like fun, physical fitness, or as an expression of art, storytelling, spirituality or...to show affection." <he blushes again, looking Aurora in the eyes. He continues after a short pause.>

"Usually the ones who participate in a competition have a higher skill level than the average dancer, so it's more entertaining for the audience, and the participants like performing for them. Competitions usually have formal rules to keep it fair, and then there's also the thrill of winning a prize. I guess you could consider it an added challenge, but it's definitely not necessary, and I think as far as tonight's event goes, 'competition' applies in the loosest sense of the word."

<Marius smiles again>
"Besides, by the time our dance is over, I'll have already won."

<she smiles proudly> I understand, the competition is irrelevant, but useful to turn it into subcategory: game! States irrelevant but played for betterment and humour and bonding, as a peer-measure! <she claps silently and proceeds, speaking softer so only you can hear> However your statement is in error: if "the dance if over and you have won", that does not allow enough sufficient time for the judge to have made any decision. Do you intend to cheat? If so please guide me on how I may assist you.

<she never stops smiling or staring as she says this, not really understanding your expression it seems but still cute as she states her loyalty so coldly>
 
<she smiles proudly> I understand, the competition is irrelevant, but useful to turn it into subcategory: game! States irrelevant but played for betterment and humour and bonding, as a peer-measure! <she claps silently and proceeds, speaking softer so only you can hear> However your statement is in error: if "the dance if over and you have won", that does not allow enough sufficient time for the judge to have made any decision. Do you intend to cheat? If so please guide me on how I may assist you.

<she never stops smiling or staring as she says this, not really understanding your expression it seems but still cute as she states her loyalty so coldly>

<Marius stifles a laugh and leans in closer. Speaking in an equality soft voice, he hopes she understands the sentiment.>
"No, I just meant, regardless of how the judges decide who wins, the opportunity to dance with you would be far more enjoyable than any prize Mambi could offer."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius stifles a laugh and leans in closer. Speaking in an equality soft voice, he hopes she understands the sentiment.>
"No, I just meant, regardless of how the judges decide who wins, the opportunity to dance with you would be far more enjoyable than any prize Mambi could offer."

<the holoduck bows and grins> Thank you, I do hope I provide a satisfactory partner for your dance. I believe I shall find the experience beneficial as well.

<she turns to watch the other competitors lining up as you do too. A few deer and tigers start to stretch and bend as a rabbit begins hopping gently to warm up. You see the skunk Sheila talking excitedly to a deer like she's a close friend, Lisa her name is judging by how loudly Sheila keeps screaming her name out excitedly, while you see the cat applying the last of the glow bracelets to his body. Seeing that, she turns to you and nods>

It appears we are ready. One moment please...

<she closes her eyes and suddenly in the middle of the room a huge 20 foot image of her rabbit-form head appears, glowing blue and smiling warmly. Looking through the doors, you notice that identical images of her head have appeared on the other room a well, and presumably through the area. Each suddenly start to speak loudly in unison>

Your attention please. For your interest, the dance completion will begin in the main hall in approximately 2 minutes. all participants have already been notified and will begin their dances shortly. If you wish to observe remotely, console displays can be used at any station. Thank you.

<the giant heads shimmer and disappear as the holoduck re-opens her eyes and turns to you>
I believe we are dance number 3. I shall await our turn with you. <she stands closer to you and places her warm hand against yours, unable to touch you physically but mimicking the actions of other dance couples holding hands while waiting>
 
<the giant heads shimmer and disappear as the holoduck re-opens her eyes and turns to you> I believe we are dance number 3. I shall await our turn with you. <she stands closer to you and places her warm hand against yours, unable to touch you physically but mimicking the actions of other dance couples holding hands while waiting>

<The big, dumb smile on Marius' face gets bigger and dumber and his heart races as he attempts to hold the space around the projection of her hand. After enjoying the moment, he scans the room, sizing up the other dancers and wonders why the host is wearing so many glowing accoutrements.>
 
Top