• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The feral mushroom wolf walks out of the room, into the dining area.

<you see various creatures milling about with food on trays and sitting on various chairs around tables. Hearing some commotion, you look and see a bunch of small uniformed bunnies wearing odd glowing green goggles pushing a larger one down the corridor who's also wearing a pair. As another guest raccoon approaches and stands beside you also watching the spectacle, you can hear the larger bunny frantically screaming to what looks to be an empty area as he'd dragged towards a set of double doors leading to the kitchen area...>

"...everyone's all the same to you! But Marius (@Marius Merganser ) would never hit on someone with you right with him, would he..."

<instantly curious, everyone turns to stare as the bunnies try to control their friend and coworker, who keeps screaming out desperately to nobody seemingly...>

"...give me a chance and you'll never want another!!! You have to...Aurora, for his sake and yours, you haaaaave to..."

<as the bunnies close the kitchen doors behind them, you all look at the area where he was yelling and to your confusion see only an empty table in the corner without chairs, surrounded by a series of barriers and signs around it marking it as unavailable currently. The raccoon chuckles to himself and shrugs as everyone slowly returns to what they were doing, perplexed but dismissive>

Well, that was odd, but clearly that bunny needs to relax a bit I think...screaming at the air like that! <chuckle> Wonder what that was all about? Mambi must be working them too hard. Huh, I wonder...that crazy cat has an AI named Aurora...think there's a connection? Ah whatever, my apologies, we just met and all. Name's Kal, pleasure to meet you. <he extends his paw>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Sunspot:”Hello?”

<a bunch of bunnies some pouring out of the kitchen dishevelled, holding hastily prepared drinks and snacks>

We're sorry, the main computer's...er..."acting up", so we're running behind. How can we...HEY, wait a second, I recognize you!

<the main bunny nods as he hands you a drink of pinapple juice>
Yeah, I definitely know you! You were here the last time we were attacked! Just got it rebuilt actually. How'd you make out, sir, did you get them? Ummm, almost afraid to ask but, we're not in any, danger here...are we?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"N-nice to m-meet you asw-well" he awkwardly extends a forepaw.

<the racoon shakes your paw and reaches for another snack from the table> I just came to perform in the pool area actually, and thought I'd grab a snack while my kids relaxed. I do water magic shows and Mambi thought it would be fun. Here, have a cracker They're pretty good with the tofu cheese balls.

So, what brings you here? Just wandering and saw the hole in the wall? <he chuckles as he tosses a ball into the air and snatches it in his maw with a quick bite to the sky>

"Y-yeah." He eats the cracker with some difficulty. (if you've ever seen a dog eat a crac
<the racoon shakes your paw and reaches for another snack from the table> I just came to perform in the pool area actually, and thought I'd grab a snack while my kids relaxed. I do water magic shows and Mambi thought it would be fun. Here, have a cracker They're pretty good with the tofu cheese balls.

So, what brings you here? Just wandering and saw the hole in the wall? <he chuckles as he tosses a ball into the air and snatches it in his maw with a quick bite to the sky>
"Y-yeah." He eats the cracker with some difficulty. (if you've ever seen a dog eat something stiff, you know what I'm talking about)

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
<a bunch of bunnies some pouring out of the kitchen dishevelled, holding hastily prepared drinks and snacks>

We're sorry, the main computer's...er..."acting up", so we're running behind. How can we...HEY, wait a second, I recognize you!

<the main bunny nods as he hands you a drink of pinapple juice> Yeah, I definitely know you! You were here the last time we were attacked! Just got it rebuilt actually. How'd you make out, sir, did you get them? Ummm, almost afraid to ask but, we're not in any, danger here...are we?
Sunspot:”What are you talking about?”

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Usually for an instance of siege golf, we issue ten golf balls. Six of them are ordinary catapult stones. Three of them are fireballs. One of them, yes, is a standard bomb."

The protogen smiled.

"So often, the mistake most people who play it make is to rush right into using the bomb ball. It's far better to use the stones first, open up a hole... and hit the bomb into that. So much more damage to the castle that way."

<the fox laughs hard> Oh I can just imagine if you misguage the explosives! The rebuilding bust be insane! <snicker>

"We've had a few beings like that in the amusement center, too. We... tend to have far less fun with it. It's usually the best source for information on new arcade machines, though."

The protogen held out his glass.

"Unfortunately, far too often it's merely another iteration of a minigame collection where the controls are just three buttons. Usually the minigames involve a lot of hitting the same button fast, but there's plenty of room for nuance with just three buttons. Even then, though... one of these days I hope for a really innovative arcade game to be unveiled."

((I'll actually give context here - the 'minigame collection' he refers to is a series of arcade games called Bishi Bashi. Not well-known in America to my knowledge.))

(nope, never heard of it. I'll have to google it sometime for curiosity. <smile>)

<the eyes of the fox light up as you mention the games. He pours you a fresh juice and excitedly explains>
Well now, have you ever seen the holographic suites here? The gym for example has a holographic workout room that only has the limitation of being non-tangible light projections. Mambi once though got Aurora to host a tennis-like game there, where we had a real ball and a few fake walls in the empty room, but she superimposed a projection of very cool effects around everything. She could track our motions perfectly and made it all respond to us, so we were living inside a video game; with rainbows trailing our movements, the ball was glowing and changed colour, we dodged ghosts and other surprises...it was rather fun actually!!

<he takes a sip and shrugs> Who knows...if the tech is compatible, maybe that might be an innovation you can use for your place too? Either way, highly recommended, sir.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*Sunspot was so confused*

<the bunnies shrug and look at each other equally confused> Oh...sorry, we've been through a lot. Must have mistook you for someone else. Sincere apologies.

I think Mambi was last seen going to talk to someone on the beach but he should return momentarily. Anything we can do for you, or would you like ot just look around a bit? <they stand professionally, having recomposed themselves despite their problems>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Y-yeah." He eats the cracker with some difficulty. (if you've ever seen a dog eat a crac

"Y-yeah." He eats the cracker with some difficulty. (if you've ever seen a dog eat something stiff, you know what I'm talking about)

<the coon chuckles as he swallows his snack> Most people do get curious when they see a hole in the wall and a party inside. Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you, Before I get back to my munchies, you seem lost. Need a guide, want Aurora to help you, or care to just wander a bit on your own?

<he extends his paw and smiles sincerely, trying to put you at ease having known how you felt the first time he arrived to this crazy place himself many months ago...>

<the coon chuckles as he swallows his snack> Most people do get curious when they see a hole in the wall and a party inside. Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you, Before I get back to my munchies, you seem lost. Need a guide, want Aurora to help you, or care to just wander a bit on your own?

<he extends his paw and smiles sincerely, trying to put you at ease having known how you felt the first time he arrived to this crazy place himself many months ago...>
The wolf sniffs his hand. "It'd be nice if I could follow you for a little while..."

Universe

<the bunnies shrug and look at each other equally confused> Oh...sorry, we've been through a lot. Must have mistook you for someone else. Sincere apologies.

I think Mambi was last seen going to talk to someone on the beach but he should return momentarily. Anything we can do for you, or would you like ot just look around a bit? <they stand professionally, having recomposed themselves despite their problems>
Sunspot:”I get that a lot apology accepted”

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
<the fox laughs hard> Oh I can just imagine if you misguage the explosives! The rebuilding bust be insane! <snicker>

(nope, never heard of it. I'll have to google it sometime for curiosity. <smile>)

<the eyes of the fox light up as you mention the games. He pours you a fresh juice and excitedly explains>
Well now, have you ever seen the holographic suites here? The gym for example has a holographic workout room that only has the limitation of being non-tangible light projections. Mambi once though got Aurora to host a tennis-like game there, where we had a real ball and a few fake walls in the empty room, but she superimposed a projection of very cool effects around everything. She could track our motions perfectly and made it all respond to us, so we were living inside a video game; with rainbows trailing our movements, the ball was glowing and changed colour, we dodged ghosts and other surprises...it was rather fun actually!!

<he takes a sip and shrugs> Who knows...if the tech is compatible, maybe that might be an innovation you can use for your place too? Either way, highly recommended, sir.
((No surprises, I think only one of the games of that series made it to America.))

The protogen took a sip of the juice.

"The holographic suites are... tempting, I must admit. I think the closest we've gotten was a game with a couple of hand controllers and a headset that you fit over your face. Unfortunately, the headset has to be adapted for a lot of species. Neither Salted Caramel - uh, that would be my synth co-worker - nor I could even use the thing for the longest time because we both have visors instead of proper faces."

The protogen hesitated.

"So a holographic suite that doesn't require a headset might actually be something to consider. Maybe when I finish this drink I'll have a look."

Universe

((No surprises, I think only one of the games of that series made it to America.))

The protogen took a sip of the juice.

"The holographic suites are... tempting, I must admit. I think the closest we've gotten was a game with a couple of hand controllers and a headset that you fit over your face. Unfortunately, the headset has to be adapted for a lot of species. Neither Salted Caramel - uh, that would be my synth co-worker - nor I could even use the thing for the longest time because we both have visors instead of proper faces."

The protogen hesitated.

"So a holographic suite that doesn't require a headset might actually be something to consider. Maybe when I finish this drink I'll have a look."
*Sunspot comes up to him*

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Sunspot:”I get that a lot apology accepted”

Why thank you. Anyway, if there's nothing more we can...

<the bunnies stop talking and watch as you wander to the bar to talk to the protogen (@Firuthi Dragovic ). Shrugging to themselves, they take their equipment and head to a table to clear it while watching to see if anyone needs their services. As you approach the bar, the fox points to the juices invitingly as you converse with your new friend
>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat

<the fox giggles as he touches his pwn snout>
Yes I can well imagine, without metamorphic technology to contour you'd have soooo many forms to accommodate. Visors are clearly the way to go but after a while they would get heavy, true. I see your dilemma.

The protogen hesitated.

Please feel free to, Mambi's got several scenarios programmed in depending on your mood. Personally I like the "asteroid smasher" game the best, but I'm a bit of a space lover so only natural I guess. But the combat and volleyball are quite cool too, highly recommended. Oh pardon me, you have someone wishing to speak with you @Universe ). We'll talk again later if you wish! <he blushes slightly and turns to his juices, motioning to the newcomer their variety>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The wolf sniffs his hand. "It'd be nice if I could follow you for a little while..."

<the raccoon smiles widely and grabbing an empty glass from a table, goes to a nearby panel and presses a red button> Sure, I was just about to check on my kids, one second ok? <you see a blue transparent holographic bunny appear before us and smile politely, the other tables showing through her projected form>

Greetings and welcome. How may I assist you?

<the raccoon turns to the holobunny and replies>
Hi Aurora. Can you tell me if my kids are still where I left them? Should be swimming.

<the holobunny nods and replies robotically> Certainly. They are currently located in the pool area, alternating between floating pool two and three. Do you wish to communicate with them at this time?

<the raccoon shakes his head and points to the door> No thank you, we're going to go see them anyway, just checking in on them. Thank you, you can go if you wish.

<as the holobunny shimmers and disappears into thin air, the raccoon waves his paw and a bluish glow forms around the wrist. As it does, a small tendril of water emerges from a nearby pitcher and reaches over to his empty cup, filling it. The tentacle retreats back into the pitcher as the glow fades and the raccoon casually picks up the cup and takes a drink. He smiles at you and starts to walk to the door>

Ok, that's where I'm going, you're welcome to join me if you wish?

<the raccoon smiles widely and grabbing an empty glass from a table, goes to a nearby panel and presses a red button> Sure, I was just about to check on my kids, one second ok? <you see a blue transparent holographic bunny appear before us and smile politely, the other tables showing through her projected form>

Greetings and welcome. How may I assist you?

<the raccoon turns to the holobunny and replies> Hi Aurora. Can you tell me if my kids are still where I left them? Should be swimming.

<the holobunny nods and replies robotically> Certainly. They are currently located in the pool area, alternating between floating pool two and three. Do you wish to communicate with them at this time?

<the raccoon shakes his head and points to the door> No thank you, we're going to go see them anyway, just checking in on them. Thank you, you can go if you wish.

<as the holobunny shimmers and disappears into thin air, the raccoon waves his paw and a bluish glow forms around the wrist. As it does, a small tendril of water emerges from a nearby pitcher and reaches over to his empty cup, filling it. The tentacle retreats back into the pitcher as the glow fades and the raccoon casually picks up the cup and takes a drink. He smiles at you and starts to walk to the door>

Ok, that's where I'm going, you're welcome to join me if you wish?
"How did you move that water?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"How did you move that water?"

<the 'coon glances back and chuckles> Oh that's right, you missed my earlier show. Silly me! To make a long story short, I recently was gifted water magic and I've been practising and performing ever since with my family! I'm the strongest so far, but they are getting the hang of it quite quickly. We put on a show earlier for Mambi and his guests and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Well...until I got attacked by that...oh never mind that now, not important. <he winces and rubs his neck> Shall we?