• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

idkthough120

blue/teal bat thing.
"C-can I talk to someone.. I... I'm kind of cold... and hungry.. oohh..." He said from way ahead of a mile, wanting to probably hesitate looking for himself without being 'looked at'.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Choco : Well, not really. And I'm sorry, Sheila. Spice isn't really my thing. I'm more into sweet and sour.

<the skunkette laughs and throws her hair back> Oh dat's just fiiine, not ever mouth can handle the heat! I just bet though you're a sweet one I'm sure! How's your dancin' skills, 'cause this skunk's got a tail to shake and...

<her doe friend pulls her aside and turns back to you with a grin> Um, if they want to dance they will Sheila, you know you can't force it...remember Rex? Now let the poor newcomer get their bearings and their snack, ok? Come on, I'll get foxy to make you up another pineapple drink and you go bop some...I'll join you in a sec, ok?

<she nods vigorously and pulls you into a quick tight hug> More pineapple drink? MMmmm, AB-sol-ute-ly!!! You got it Lisa. See you around then Choco my sweet!

<she blows you a kiss and practically runs to the fox for her juice while the deer just sighs> Sorry, she can be a handful for those not ready for her. Guess that makes me her chaperone! <she chuckles politely> At any rate, nice to meet you! <she extends her hoof politely>

Amepix Will Win

Some Furry Artist
<she blows you a kiss and practically runs to the fox for her juice while the deer just sighs> Sorry, she can be a handful for those not ready for her. Guess that makes me her chaperone! <she chuckles politely> At any rate, nice to meet you! <she extends her hoof politely>
Choco : Oh, I'm sure she can! It was nice to meet you too!

He waved goodbye to them before turning back to the food table, a thought going through his mind.

Choco : *quietly to himself* Wonder what that skunk will think when I tell her I already have a girlfriend? Oh well. Time for snaking.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Jin : Date gone wrong ?... Tell me about it.
He takes a sip of his drink as well.

<the lizard just groans and grins as he looks up> I'm not sure "date" is the word I'd use, more like "kidnapped acquaintance.". She sort of took over my time in the garden, dragged me around all over while her attention wandered by the second, tried to force me into a dance competition, and she's kind of loud and obnoxious. After an hour of her, that's all I could take and I slipped away from her. If you see her, run fast!! <he chuckles softly as he rolls his eyes>

Jin : Funny, coming to this whole 'party' expecting some peace and quiet. But, a garden you say ?
Rex's mention of them got the big guy's curiosity and attention.

<he nods> Oh yes, total climate and weather controls, it's down the hall through the double-doors in the middle, just look for the sign that looks like a tree. Can't miss it.

Jin : ... I think, after this drink, I can go there to see what it's like. Oh and what else does this place have to offer, might I ask ? I was only told to avoid hallway number... something, I forgot, because I wouldn't be able to fit in, heh. But still, I'm interested in other around here.

<the lizard giggles to himself, trying to hide it out of politeness> Oh I know the route well, and you should be able to fit no problem. The corridor's large and the room is...well actually being holographic I have no idea how large it really is, but it appears to go on forever so...<he shrugs playfully> As for other places, this place of Mambi's got everything! Aside from the dance floor and kitchen/dining room you see, we got a full observatory on the roof tied to Aurora's historical library and virtual reality interfaces with observational dimensional portals, then a floating pool and sauna with steam room, anti-graviton-based gymnasium, some private rooms to chill, and an actual real beach outside in the back if you prefer traditional nature. He's got a security area in the basement as well with infinity cubes for containment, but that's not exactly relaxing. <laugh> Still, whatever your interests, odds are it's here!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"It's admittedly not that hard to make them in ways that don't require meat. We just didn't used to get as many requests. And honestly... if it's easier to sustain it using vegetable-based protein, go that route. Lot of places apparently can't pull that off properly."

<the bunny nods, overhearing> Well being Mambi's a vegetarian, it's pretty much all we make here, <ahem>, thankfully. We can give you lots of recipes if you'd like?

The protogen hesitated.

"As for how it's topped... topping with various vegetables is common, though... usually the requests I get involve putting cheese and bacon on it. Now I know there's a trick you can use with something called 'tempeh' and rice paper to make vegan bacon.... the only vegan cheese variant I've ever seen involved sweet potatoes and cashews.... I'll admit I've never attempted either simply because we just never get requests for either."

<as he loads up his tray, the bunny remarks casually to you both> Different market I suppose, you have some sort of amusement park as I recall. TOTally different crowd!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*I needed a place to sit and It needed to be a comfortable place to sit*

<the fox looks up and examining a display comments casually> Well the metamorphic chair in the main dance hall's currently in use, but there's another near the back of the dining hall that's currently unconfigured. Or you can go traditional and tables in the back. Just...watch your leg, that looks like it hurts. <wince>

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
<the fox looks up and examining a display comments casually> Well the metamorphic chair in the main dance hall's currently in use, but there's another near the back of the dining hall that's currently unconfigured. Or you can go traditional and tables in the back. Just...watch your leg, that looks like it hurts. <wince>
*I accidentally hit said leg and cried out* “Ow”

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"C-can I talk to someone.. I... I'm kind of cold... and hungry.. oohh..." He said from way ahead of a mile, wanting to probably hesitate looking for himself without being 'looked at'.

<as you look around shivering, you see a random larger taur chilling on a special black custom chair talking to a lizard, as out the side of your vision a well-dressed bunny catches you looking around and waves in a friendly manner. He quickly approaches you carrying a tray and smiles professionally>

Greetings! You must be one of Mambi's newest guests, welcome! I thought I heard you say you were hungry; there's loads of food through the double-doors right over there.

<as you peer through the windows of the doors in question, you see a stack of plates and a huge spread of food on a massive circular table in the center of the room. Off to one side you see what looks like a juice bar operated by a fox, while a large chocolate fountain pours different shades of brown like an odd rainbow as a flat waterfall from a spout to a bowl, several guests passing strawberries on a fork through it. You see a few guests reaching into a plate to grab cheese actively on fire but touching and eating it without any apparent harm somehow. Off to one side, several uniformed rabbits are carrying trays from a double-door to one side and carefully entering a section encased by a purple energy barrier to replenish the nuts and jars of peanut butter. You take a moment to enjoy the incredible aromas are emerging from the room in general as the bunny politely taps you on the arm>

If you're lost at any moment, press a red button on any console to summon the building's AI for guidance. Meanwhile, may I offer you a lemonade?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Choco : Oh, I'm sure she can! It was nice to meet you too!

He waved goodbye to them before turning back to the food table, a thought going through his mind.

Choco : *quietly to himself* Wonder what that skunk will think when I tell her I already have a girlfriend? Oh well. Time for snaking.

<as the doe nods politely and joins her friend at the juice bar, you see a servant bunny loading up a tray with various cheeses and snacks.>

Oh, pardon me a moment.

<he reaches across you to dip several pieces of fruit into the chocolate fountain, then places the tray on the table and presses a few buttons on a console. Instantly a deep-blue light shines on the fruit, hardening the chocolate instantly and causing a noticeable chill around the tray. Placing a glove on, he picks up the tray and exits through the double-doors as another ferret reaches for a cheese piece seemingly on fire. Not reacting to the flame at all, he takes a bite and swoons as you notice the flames are not producing any heat at all.>

MMmm, cold flambe havarti, highly recommended friend! Chef's specialty.

<he takes several more before moving to a nearby table to sit. He motions to the other chair invitingly as he casually snacks on more flaming cheese cubes with crackers>

idkthough120

blue/teal bat thing.
<as you look around shivering, you see a random larger taur chilling on a special black custom chair talking to a lizard, as out the side of your vision a well-dressed bunny catches you looking around and waves in a friendly manner. He quickly approaches you carrying a tray and smiles professionally>

Greetings! You must be one of Mambi's newest guests, welcome! I thought I heard you say you were hungry; there's loads of food through the double-doors right over there.

<as you peer through the windows of the doors in question, you see a stack of plates and a huge spread of food on a massive circular table in the center of the room. Off to one side you see what looks like a juice bar operated by a fox, while a large chocolate fountain pours different shades of brown like an odd rainbow as a flat waterfall from a spout to a bowl, several guests passing strawberries on a fork through it. You see a few guests reaching into a plate to grab cheese actively on fire but touching and eating it without any apparent harm somehow. Off to one side, several uniformed rabbits are carrying trays from a double-door to one side and carefully entering a section encased by a purple energy barrier to replenish the nuts and jars of peanut butter. You take a moment to enjoy the incredible aromas are emerging from the room in general as the bunny politely taps you on the arm>

If you're lost at any moment, press a red button on any console to summon the building's AI for guidance. Meanwhile, may I offer you a lemonade?
"Hah... right. I... might not drink a lemonade. Don't really consider it a favorite BUT...." *As he paused at the moment... he probably wanted to nap but not with an empty stomach.**

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Hah... right. I... might not drink a lemonade. Don't really consider it a favorite BUT...." *As he paused at the moment... he probably wanted to nap but not with an empty stomach.**

<the bunny tilts his head, waiting patiently as he switches hands holding his tray. After several seconds of no response, he interjects politely> ...no problem sir, we have several other options available, plus a fully stocked juice bar, manned by that fox near the dragon and protogen. Feel free to help yourself to anything you'd like!

<with a slight bow, he returns to the crowd of creatures, milling among them nimbly with his tray>

PC Master Race

<the lizard just groans and grins as he looks up> I'm not sure "date" is the word I'd use, more like "kidnapped acquaintance.". She sort of took over my time in the garden, dragged me around all over while her attention wandered by the second, tried to force me into a dance competition, and she's kind of loud and obnoxious. After an hour of her, that's all I could take and I slipped away from her. If you see her, run fast!! <he chuckles softly as he rolls his eyes>
The elephant raises his eyebrows, then looks at himself in a way like he wants the lizard to take a good long look at his gigantic body as well, then chuckles.

Jin : Right, I'll be sure to run like the fastest wind ever, whenever I see her or she gets to me, whichever comes first.

<he nods> Oh yes, total climate and weather controls, it's down the hall through the double-doors in the middle, just look for the sign that looks like a tree. Can't miss it.
<the lizard giggles to himself, trying to hide it out of politeness> Oh I know the route well, and you should be able to fit no problem. The corridor's large and the room is...well actually being holographic I have no idea how large it really is, but it appears to go on forever so...<he shrugs playfully> As for other places, this place of Mambi's got everything! Aside from the dance floor and kitchen/dining room you see, we got a full observatory on the roof tied to Aurora's historical library and virtual reality interfaces with observational dimensional por...
He listens to the lizard's reply, but halfway through he frowns a bit. He still waits for the lizard to finish talking first.

Jin : ... Right, uh, sorry, I didn't quite catch what you said, sorry. Could you slow down by 50 percent please ? Thanks.

Seems like that '50 percent' was intentional.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The elephant raises his eyebrows, then looks at himself in a way like he wants the lizard to take a good long look at his gigantic body as well, then chuckles.

Jin : Right, I'll be sure to run like the fastest wind ever, whenever I see her or she gets to me, whichever comes first.

<he chuckles and corrects himself> Well, metaphorically of course, but if you can avoid her, just saying...<wink>

He listens to the lizard's reply, but halfway through he frowns a bit. He still waits for the lizard to finish talking first.

Jin : ... Right, uh, sorry, I didn't quite catch what you said, sorry. Could you slow down by 50 percent please ? Thanks.

Seems like that '50 percent' was intentional.

<the lizard sheepishly smiles and holds his head> So sorry, I'm used to dealing with that hyper little...no matter. Let me try again slower for you, my apologies.

Looking around you can see the dance floor and kitchen/dining room area. Here you can dance, sit, or grab a juice or snack. Mostly vegetarian.

<he points to a spiral staircase at the end of the hall> Upstairs is a full observatory for stargazing. There's also a...er, "cool hole to another universe" you can check out. Also the computer can look up anything from multiple cultures across the cosmos. Ummm, so far so good, friend?

<seeing no issues yet, he points to another hall, this one ending with a picture of a water wave> Over there is a floating pool and sauna with steam room, for swimming and soaking plus full showers to clean up. Very nice place to relax if you like water.

<he makes a twirling motion with his arm> Beside it is the gym, where to make it simple, the weights can be set to any mass you can imagine.

<he points behind him to the large doors at the side wall> ...and out there is a beach. I think that one explains itself! <he chuckles to himself>

There's also some private rooms, OH, almost forgot, we got medical units as well if anyone gets hurt...state of the art in Andromedian technology! Also, if you get lost, any console can summon Aurora, the computer that runs...no, my error, IS, this place! Was that better? I'm still recovering from that freaky woman, so I'm sorry for babbling...<he sheepishly blushes as he takes a sip from his juice>

Amepix Will Win

Some Furry Artist
MMmm, cold flambe havarti, highly recommended friend! Chef's specialty.

<he takes several more before moving to a nearby table to sit. He motions to the other chair invitingly as he casually snacks on more flaming cheese cubes with crackers>
Choco : Well, I'm not gonna question how that works. Seen stranger things in my time, after all. Just one couldn't hurt, everyone seems to like it after all.

Picking up the flaming cheese, which didn't burn his paws, not that he expected it to after he saw others pick it up with ease. His only hope was it didn't have a spicy taste to it, which he expected slightly from the cold flames. So, without waiting any longer, the chocolate brown wolf bit into the cheese, eager to know it's flavour.

PC Master Race

<the lizard sheepishly smiles and holds his head> So sorry, I'm used to dealing with that hyper little...no matter. Let me try again slower for you, my apologies.

Looking around you can see the dance floor and kitchen/dining room area. Here you can dance, sit, or grab a juice or snack. Mostly vegetarian.

<he points to a spiral staircase at the end of the hall> Upstairs is a full observatory for stargazing. There's also a...er, "cool hole to another universe" you can check out. Also the computer can look up anything from multiple cultures across the cosmos. Ummm, so far so good, friend?

<seeing no issues yet, he points to another hall, this one ending with a picture of a water wave> Over there is a floating pool and sauna with steam room, for swimming and soaking plus full showers to clean up. Very nice place to relax if you like water.

<he makes a twirling motion with his arm> Beside it is the gym, where to make it simple, the weights can be set to any mass you can imagine.

<he points behind him to the large doors at the side wall> ...and out there is a beach. I think that one explains itself! <he chuckles to himself>

There's also some private rooms, OH, almost forgot, we got medical units as well if anyone gets hurt...state of the art in Andromedian technology! Also, if you get lost, any console can summon Aurora, the computer that runs...no, my error, IS, this place! Was that better? I'm still recovering from that freaky woman, so I'm sorry for babbling...<he sheepishly blushes as he takes a sip from his juice>
The elephant makes sure to (try to) memorize what he got (even though he has a feeling he's gonna need someone to run all this over again).

Jin : OK... dance floor here, vegetarian. Upstairs, observatory. Over there, swimming. Next to swimming, gym. Behind you, beach.

He tries to repeat after the lizard with as minimal info as he can, like he's trying to learn a new language at an elementary level.

Jin : It's OK, sorry for being so slow too. I'm not the best at catching info and certainly not at remembering things, heh. Thanks for having the patience to put up with me.

He takes another sip of his own cocoa too.

Jin : So, what brings you to this party ? And how did you get with a hyperactive skunk with horsepower equal to a racing car ? Heh.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
<the bunny nods, overhearing> Well being Mambi's a vegetarian, it's pretty much all we make here, <ahem>, thankfully. We can give you lots of recipes if you'd like?

<as he loads up his tray, the bunny remarks casually to you both> Different market I suppose, you have some sort of amusement park as I recall. TOTally different crowd!
"Recipes, huh? I'll have to have a talk with Neville about suppliers, but sure, I'm game to try learning some new recipes for that amusement center's concessions stand."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The elephant makes sure to (try to) memorize what he got (even though he has a feeling he's gonna need someone to run all this over again).

Jin : OK... dance floor here, vegetarian. Upstairs, observatory. Over there, swimming. Next to swimming, gym. Behind you, beach.

He tries to repeat after the lizard with as minimal info as he can, like he's trying to learn a new language at an elementary level.

Jin : It's OK, sorry for being so slow too. I'm not the best at catching info and certainly not at remembering things, heh. Thanks for having the patience to put up with me.

<the lizard takes a drink and smiles> No problem at all, it's refreshing to be with one who takes life at their own pace.

He takes another sip of his own cocoa too.

Jin : So, what brings you to this party ? And how did you get with a hyperactive skunk with horsepower equal to a racing car ? Heh.

Oh, in a week or so Mambi will be transporting me to a genetics conference in the esteemed "Venusian Multicultural Medical collage and Yoga retreat" where I'm presenting a paper on my speciality, "regenerative cross-species restoration". He simply let me stay here to rest up and practice while waiting. What he sadly neglected to mention was the fact he also had a full time resort rave occurring with dozens of guests at any moment so "rest" was a relative term! She ran into me while I was trying to relax in a pool and it was a whirlwind of chaos from there! <he chuckles as he lifts his juice>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Choco : Well, I'm not gonna question how that works. Seen stranger things in my time, after all. Just one couldn't hurt, everyone seems to like it after all.

Picking up the flaming cheese, which didn't burn his paws, not that he expected it to after he saw others pick it up with ease. His only hope was it didn't have a spicy taste to it, which he expected slightly from the cold flames. So, without waiting any longer, the chocolate brown wolf bit into the cheese, eager to know it's flavour.

<as you take a bite, you find the flames to be somehow absorbing the heat instead of emitting it, making the cheese and your tongue as cool as if it was fresh from the fridge. You find it to be extra sharp yet buttery cream with a hint of herb and garlic, no spice at all>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Recipes, huh? I'll have to have a talk with Neville about suppliers, but sure, I'm game to try learning some new recipes for that amusement center's concessions stand."

<the bunny looks around subtly, as if making sure he wasn't being watched. You see his ears swirl and explore a moment before he relaxes and hands you a note under a glass like a magician>
Oh certainly. This pass should let you access our chef's collection...<ahem>...without that pompous ass's explicit permission!

<he snickers softy and winks, clearly holding a grudge against the chef on some level. He clears his throat and resumes his normal volume> S-so, if there's nothing else, enjoy your time and yes, let me know how your "access levels" are working at your convenience. <he smiles and runs back to the crowd, disappearing in the sea of creatures near the tables as you look at the simple paper in your hand with its strange symbols embedded on it and what looks like a scannable foil backing>

PC Master Race

Oh, in a week or so Mambi will be transporting me to a genetics conference in the esteemed "Venusian Multicultural Medical collage and Yoga retreat" where I'm presenting a paper on my speciality, "regenerative cross-species restoration". He simply let me stay here to rest up and practice while waiting.
The elephant noticeably leans closer and keeps his ears close to the lizard, his trunk raised a bit at the tip, clearly a sign of him (trying to) paying full attention and focus to the lizard's response, at least the first few parts. He hears "conference" so he knows more big words are coming. And he's right...

Jin : "Cross-species restoration" ? Sounds pretty interesting. Care to run by me with what you got, if you want ?... Eh, if you do, please try to keep it simple, or I might not be able to get anything, heh.

What he sadly neglected to mention was the fact he also had a full time resort rave occurring with dozens of guests at any moment so "rest" was a relative term! She ran into me while I was trying to relax in a pool and it was a whirlwind of chaos from there! <he chuckles as he lifts his juice>
Jin : ... Oh.

He giggles.

Jin : Yeah, not the best place to relax before your big conference presentation. But, if that's the case, why're you here ? Shouldn't you be at the swimming pool or the beach or somewhere else more quiet than... a dance floor ? Heh.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The elephant noticeably leans closer and keeps his ears close to the lizard, his trunk raised a bit at the tip, clearly a sign of him (trying to) paying full attention and focus to the lizard's response, at least the first few parts. He hears "conference" so he knows more big words are coming. And he's right...

Jin : "Cross-species restoration" ? Sounds pretty interesting. Care to run by me with what you got, if you want ?... Eh, if you do, please try to keep it simple, or I might not be able to get anything, heh.

<the lizard's head perks up, clearly speaking of his work being a topic of interest to him. With an eager smile, he nods and looks closely at you> Why, I'd be happy to! I speak to all levels of study at the various universities, so it would be good practice to see if I can explain it to a...shall we say, "beginner level" geneticist. <chuckle>

<he clears his throat and points to himself>
The basic idea is this: Through no fault of our own, each species usually has a specific genetic trait that is measurably different or better than others in that specific field. For example, lizards like myself can regenerate a limb, or canine species having a strong sense of smell, or a serpent seeing infrared, or your species having a strong, well, apparently everything friend! <he laughs as he looks over your frame>

Well, through my work, my goal...no, my dream is to transfer any trait at any time from one species to another temporarily as needed, like a transfusion of blood, so that everyone can benefit from the variety of nature! Think of the possibilities! Anyone hurt even in the most traumatic of accidents could regenerate even entire limbs in hours to days! Firefighters could be protected against the heat naturally and given the ability to see through the smoke and hear those in need of rescue. Police could be given perfect tracking abilities to locate lost or kidnapped children. Farmers could be given the digging ability of moles to help till their fields, while the water breathing abilities of our aquatic friends could revolutionize the lives of land-based creatures forever! Endless possibilities!!!

<sighs dreamily> All of nature's gifts, working together interchangeably for all species equally, and all through my work uniting it as one! It would be a wonderful gift to the world I hope to share someday...<he beams with pride as his look makes it clear he hopes his explanation was good for you>

Jin : Yeah, not the best place to relax before your big conference presentation. But, if that's the case, why're you here ? Shouldn't you be at the swimming pool or the beach or somewhere else more quiet than... a dance floor ? Heh.

<he shudders slightly and laughs> That was the first place she looked when she found me, and the first place she'd think to return! I thought of her patterns, and she'd never think to look for me here, in this place. After all, would you? <he tilts his head and winks as he motions to the dancers outside the field of muted sound. Relaxing in his chair, he takes a drink from his juice with a sly smile>