• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

PC Master Race

<the lizard's head perks up, clearly speaking of his work being a topic of interest to him. With an eager smile, he nods and looks closely at you> Why, I'd be happy to! I speak to all levels of study at the various universities, so it would be good practice to see if I can explain it to a...shall we say, "beginner level" geneticist. <chuckle>

<he clears his throat and points to himself>
The basic idea is this: Through no fault of our own, each species usually has a specific genetic trait that is measurably different or better than others in that specific field. For example, lizards like myself can regenerate a limb, or canine species having a strong sense of smell, or a serpent seeing infrared, or your species having a strong, well, apparently everything friend! <he laughs as he looks over your frame>

Well, through my work, my goal...no, my dream is to transfer any trait at any time from one species to another temporarily as needed, like a transfusion of blood, so that everyone can benefit from the variety of nature! Think of the possibilities! Anyone hurt even in the most traumatic of accidents could regenerate even entire limbs in hours to days! Firefighters could be protected against the heat naturally and given the ability to see through the smoke and hear those in need of rescue. Police could be given perfect tracking abilities to locate lost or kidnapped children. Farmers could be given the digging ability of moles to help till their fields, while the water breathing abilities of our aquatic friends could revolutionize the lives of land-based creatures forever! Endless possibilities!!!

<sighs dreamily> All of nature's gifts, working together interchangeably for all species equally, and all through my work uniting it as one! It would be a wonderful gift to the world I hope to share someday...<he beams with pride as his look makes it clear he hopes his explanation was good for you>
The elephant listens to the lizard, this time surprisingly without much difficulty in following the details, and chuckles at the lizard's remark on his body build.

Jin : Hmmm... so you're saying, to transfer traits between species.

He nods and ponders for a bit, then gives his two cents on the matter.

Jin : Right, so... I apologize for sounding like I'm shooting you down, but I'm not sure I'm on the same boat in this matter. Here's the thing...

He tries his best to keep his opinion and his thoughts in a certain structure, and not to ramble too much.

Each of us have our own unique traits, you see ? They make us different from one another. Like you put it. Lizards can regenerate a limb, canine species can smell very well, so on and so forth. Elephants like me are strong, yes, but mammoths have fur to survive cold weather, I don't have fur but that also means I can put up with the hot temperature better. Each of us is unique in our own way, with our own strengths and flaws.
Now, if we were to be able have each other's traits like that, don't you think it defeats the nature's very purpose of making us unique in our own way ?
If we were to use our unique traits and capabilities with our jobs like you said, I'd think it's better to cooperate with each other. Firefighters ? Have heat-resistant species like lizards in, I suppose. See through smoke ? Bring in the snakes, heh. Search-and-rescue missions ? Canines got you covered.

He pauses a bit.

Take it from me, dude. I'm a teacher at this... anime-ish academy, where everyone is a real piece of work. Even the teachers. EVEN the principal, I'm not kidding. They think it's cool to have all these powers, all these magic, thrown at each other in fights like some cheap MOBA games. Sure, their "attacks" are different, but in the end it's all the same. Doesn't matter if it's a wolf, a fox, a tiger, a lion, a dog, a dragon, whatever. They have elemental powers and fancy weapons, and they think they're the next top-10 strongest anime protagonists there or something. All in for it with their "combat skills" and nothing practical in the slightest. So when I started teaching there, I picked 3 classes, physical exercise (use melee weapons), military defense (use firearms), and survival (make use of all biological traits available). No powers, no magic, no enchantment, no nothing. All bare-boned down-to-earth with what they're born with. Simple as that. And they learned the hard way how much they'd missed out on the very things they were literally born with. They'd just stand there and throw out their magic, their moves, then try to counter each other, and then try to call each other out as "cheating" or "cheap trick".

So, what I'm trying to say is... each of us has our own unique traits to make us... well, unique. No need to transfer them between one another, you know ? I'm an elephant, I obviously lack the speed of a cheetah, and my size makes it difficult to walk around this place without accidentally knocking someone/something over. But, let's say, a criminal is on the run and I need them arrested... I think I'd get my own vehicle to give chase, or call for others like actual cheetahs, to chase them down. On the other hand, if there's a bunch of thugs that get the idea of robbing from people, I can make them retire early and permanently.

PC Master Race

<he shudders slightly and laughs> That was the first place she looked when she found me, and the first place she'd think to return! I thought of her patterns, and she'd never think to look for me here, in this place. After all, would you? <he tilts his head and winks as he motions to the dancers outside the field of muted sound. Relaxing in his chair, he takes a drink from his juice with a sly smile>
Jin : Heh, be careful not to jinx it, dude.

He chuckles.

Jin : But don't worry, if she asks me, I've never seen you anywhere. Cool ?

idkthough120

blue/teal bat thing.
"I'm... almost not full yet." *bat said after eating probably... nothing* (i forgot the post yet and i didnt wanna interrupt!! o.o;)

Amepix Will Win

Some Furry Artist
<as you take a bite, you find the flames to be somehow absorbing the heat instead of emitting it, making the cheese and your tongue as cool as if it was fresh from the fridge. You find it to be extra sharp yet buttery cream with a hint of herb and garlic, no spice at all>
Choco : Mmmm... Alright. I can see why it's the chef's specialty. I know exactly who'd love a weird little thing like this.

The chocolate wolf pulls a phone out of his pocket before scrolling through his contacts until clicking on one titled, "The Queen of Ice Cream" . Awaiting the phone to dial the number, Choco examined more of the offers it had for the guests.

??? : Oh, hi Choco! How's my little chocolate cake doing? *she asked in a playful tone*

Choco : Hey, Vanilla. I'm at this cool party, they've got some really astonishing things here! I'm sure you'd love to see it!

Vanilla : Really? Well, I'd love to join you. Where is it?

A smile grew on the wolf's muzzle, as he saw the perfect opportunity to pull a little 'prank on his loving partner. It's not the first time he'd done something like this, so why not do it again.

Choco : Oh here, I'll show you.

A small portal suddenly appeared next to him, with an arctic fox girl falling through it and onto the floor rather softly. She had a bit of a disappointed expression on her face, knowing what she just did.

Vanilla : Ugh... I fell right into that one. Can you warn me next time you use that teleportation device of yours?

Choco : *with a slight grin* Where's the fun in that? It's the surprise that counts.

Shaking her head a little, seeing that her boyfriend was up to his previous old tricks, Vanilla began to look around the room, seeing everything there was to see, leaving her in awe.

TrixieFox

Blood Rose Faction Leader
<the bunny wipes his brow in visible relief as he nods respectfully> Oh, ok, I recommend the cheese flambe and the carrot quiche. Take care!

<he smiles as he takes his tray and continues milling among the other guests, leaving you to your snacks>
*trix walks around as she eats looking around the room*

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The elephant listens to the lizard, this time surprisingly without much difficulty in following the details, and chuckles at the lizard's remark on his body build.

Jin : Hmmm... so you're saying, to transfer traits between species.

He nods and ponders for a bit, then gives his two cents on the matter.

Jin : Right, so... I apologize for sounding like I'm shooting you down, but I'm not sure I'm on the same boat in this matter. Here's the thing...

He tries his best to keep his opinion and his thoughts in a certain structure, and not to ramble too much.

Each of us have our own unique traits, you see ? They make us different from one another. Like you put it. Lizards can regenerate a limb, canine species can smell very well, so on and so forth. Elephants like me are strong, yes, but mammoths have fur to survive cold weather, I don't have fur but that also means I can put up with the hot temperature better. Each of us is unique in our own way, with our own strengths and flaws.
Now, if we were to be able have each other's traits like that, don't you think it defeats the nature's very purpose of making us unique in our own way ?
If we were to use our unique traits and capabilities with our jobs like you said, I'd think it's better to cooperate with each other. Firefighters ? Have heat-resistant species like lizards in, I suppose. See through smoke ? Bring in the snakes, heh. Search-and-rescue missions ? Canines got you covered.

He pauses a bit.

Take it from me, dude. I'm a teacher at this... anime-ish academy, where everyone is a real piece of work. Even the teachers. EVEN the principal, I'm not kidding. They think it's cool to have all these powers, all these magic, thrown at each other in fights like some cheap MOBA games. Sure, their "attacks" are different, but in the end it's all the same. Doesn't matter if it's a wolf, a fox, a tiger, a lion, a dog, a dragon, whatever. They have elemental powers and fancy weapons, and they think they're the next top-10 strongest anime protagonists there or something. All in for it with their "combat skills" and nothing practical in the slightest. So when I started teaching there, I picked 3 classes, physical exercise (use melee weapons), military defense (use firearms), and survival (make use of all biological traits available). No powers, no magic, no enchantment, no nothing. All bare-boned down-to-earth with what they're born with. Simple as that. And they learned the hard way how much they'd missed out on the very things they were literally born with. They'd just stand there and throw out their magic, their moves, then try to counter each other, and then try to call each other out as "cheating" or "cheap trick".

So, what I'm trying to say is... each of us has our own unique traits to make us... well, unique. No need to transfer them between one another, you know ? I'm an elephant, I obviously lack the speed of a cheetah, and my size makes it difficult to walk around this place without accidentally knocking someone/something over. But, let's say, a criminal is on the run and I need them arrested... I think I'd get my own vehicle to give chase, or call for others like actual cheetahs, to chase them down. On the other hand, if there's a bunch of thugs that get the idea of robbing from people, I can make them retire early and permanently.

<the lizard nods respectfully> Oh I agree completely, but my idea would never to make those traits permanent! My procedure would only pass the traits for a few hours at a time, just long enough to do the task needed to save the most lives. My point is, sometimes you don't have a lizard handy, or an elephant to lift rubble, or any tracking canines nearby while the scents are fresh. I cetainly don't seek to rewrite the genome of everyone, far from it! I cherish the individuality and biodiversity it creates! My process would only to use the talents as required when needed. I mean after all, you use the example of a cheetah, but what if instead if you wished, I could give you for an hour the ability to camouflage perfectly if you needed to hide? Or to heal instantly if you were wounded. It would be hard to see those as a disadvantage if it can save a life, and that is what I dedicate myself to. Not improving, just saving everyone. It's all I ever wanted to do in life...help others.

<he grins solemnly and explains> It has been my passion since me and my young groundhog friend lost a limb in an accident. Mine grew back...his did not...and our friendship could not survive as he never got over that fact. I wished I could give him my ability then...and thus began my studies. Now, I am so close!

PC Master Race

<the lizard nods respectfully> Oh I agree completely, but my idea would never to make those traits permanent! My procedure would only pass the traits for a few hours at a time, just long enough to do the task needed to save the most lives. My point is, sometimes you don't have a lizard handy, or an elephant to lift rubble, or any tracking canines nearby while the scents are fresh. I cetainly don't seek to rewrite the genome of everyone, far from it! I cherish the individuality and biodiversity it creates! My process would only to use the talents as required when needed. I mean after all, you use the example of a cheetah, but what if instead if you wished, I could give you for an hour the ability to camouflage perfectly if you needed to hide? Or to heal instantly if you were wounded. It would be hard to see those as a disadvantage if it can save a life, and that is what I dedicate myself to. Not improving, just saving everyone. It's all I ever wanted to do in life...help others.
It does make sense now. Just a temporary effect to get the job done if it's in an emergency, not like "everyone is the same". The elephant nods back.

Jin : Alright, I get what you mean now. Good point, I'd say. Then you and me aren't so different after all, heh.

<he grins solemnly and explains> It has been my passion since me and my young groundhog friend lost a limb in an accident. Mine grew back...his did not...and our friendship could not survive as he never got over that fact. I wished I could give him my ability then...and thus began my studies. Now, I am so close!
But the mood changes when he hears about the lizard's friendship not lasting for long because of the difference in the two friends' biology. It looks to the elephant that it stems from jealousy and envy, one is back to normal but the other is disabled.

Jin : ... Sorry to hear about your friend. I can see it's not exactly easy to accept the difference.

He raises his glass.

Jin : Here's hoping you succeed in your research, and have him back.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
<the bunny looks around subtly, as if making sure he wasn't being watched. You see his ears swirl and explore a moment before he relaxes and hands you a note under a glass like a magician> Oh certainly. This pass should let you access our chef's collection...<ahem>...without that pompous ass's explicit permission!

<he snickers softy and winks, clearly holding a grudge against the chef on some level. He clears his throat and resumes his normal volume> S-so, if there's nothing else, enjoy your time and yes, let me know how your "access levels" are working at your convenience. <he smiles and runs back to the crowd, disappearing in the sea of creatures near the tables as you look at the simple paper in your hand with its strange symbols embedded on it and what looks like a scannable foil backing>
The protogen did his best to sneak away from the crowd.

Once he had a more isolated spot, he'd have a closer look at the paper and its backing. His nano-visor did have scanners, though he rarely needed to use them. He'd scan the backing.

Hopefully this was genuine.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
But the mood changes when he hears about the lizard's friendship not lasting for long because of the difference in the two friends' biology. It looks to the elephant that it stems from jealousy and envy, one is back to normal but the other is disabled.

Jin : ... Sorry to hear about your friend. I can see it's not exactly easy to accept the difference.

He raises his glass.

Jin : Here's hoping you succeed in your research, and have him back.

<the lizard raises his glass back and takes a drink> Oh thank you very much. It was a long time ago, many, many years now, but one never knows. It would be great to give hi that gift back someday no matter how long. An earth entertainment show with coloured miniature horses told me that friendship is magickal and can be forever nurtured and rejuvenated with love and effort. It would be nice to believe that from the horses with pictures on their rears. They seemed quite wise at times...except for the pink one. She reminds me more of Sheila after Pineapple Tequila Surprise number four. <chuckle>

TrixieFox

(I have no idea where I was)

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The protogen did his best to sneak away from the crowd.

Once he had a more isolated spot, he'd have a closer look at the paper and its backing. His nano-visor did have scanners, though he rarely needed to use them. He'd scan the backing.

Hopefully this was genuine.

<As you set the paper down near a console, you see it flash to life. As the face of the holobunny appears on the screen, a purple light scans the paper and a series of codes turn from red to green above the main display. The image then nods as she looks up at you from the display and speaks softly>

Greetings. Access code verified. Temporary access granted to memory block Kitchen, sub-category 46. Language translation protocols linked to your user default for convenience. Please proceed and I will assist as required. Access will be revoked upon removal of the physical scanning code.

<as the image turns to look to the side, a secondary display comes to life, showing a list of what appears to be foods both with simple names and more complicated ones. Pressing on one, you see it expand into a holographic image of an elaborate breakfast salad plus a list of ingredients with annotated notes on each step detailing specific proportions and personal experiences for perfection. You read dozens of entries before realizing it goes on for several pages...>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
*trix walks around as she eats looking around the room*

<as you wander through the dining room wondering what to munch on next after your confused bunny guided you away from the meat hamburger, you see the fox at the juice bar wave to you> Hello, you seem lost, may I interest you in a beverage?

TrixieFox

<as you wander through the dining room wondering what to munch on next after your confused bunny guided you away from the meat hamburger, you see the fox at the juice bar wave to you> Hello, you seem lost, may I interest you in a beverage?
Trix: Sure

PC Master Race

<the lizard raises his glass back and takes a drink> Oh thank you very much. It was a long time ago, many, many years now, but one never knows. It would be great to give hi that gift back someday no matter how long. An earth entertainment show with coloured miniature horses told me that friendship is magickal and can be forever nurtured and rejuvenated with love and effort. It would be nice to believe that from the horses with pictures on their rears. They seemed quite wise at times...except for the pink one. She reminds me more of Sheila after Pineapple Tequila Surprise number four. <chuckle>
"Colored miniature horses" ? "Friendship is magical" ?
"Horses with pictures on their rears" ?
The elephant knows exactly what this earth entertainment show the lizard is talking about, and chuckles.

Jin : That's "My Little Pony". Those miniature horses, are called 'ponies'. And... well, I don't watch any of it, but I suppose the messages still have their values, especially since it's for kids.

He takes another sip of his cocoa. It's almost empty now.

Jin : Better than the whole mess of students I have back at that academy though.

Firuthi Dragovic

<As you set the paper down near a console, you see it flash to life. As the face of the holobunny appears on the screen, a purple light scans the paper and a series of codes turn from red to green above the main display. The image then nods as she looks up at you from the display and speaks softly>

Greetings. Access code verified. Temporary access granted to memory block Kitchen, sub-category 46. Language translation protocols linked to your user default for convenience. Please proceed and I will assist as required. Access will be revoked upon removal of the physical scanning code.

<as the image turns to look to the side, a secondary display comes to life, showing a list of what appears to be foods both with simple names and more complicated ones. Pressing on one, you see it expand into a holographic image of an elaborate breakfast salad plus a list of ingredients with annotated notes on each step detailing specific proportions and personal experiences for perfection. You read dozens of entries before realizing it goes on for several pages...>
"Hmmm.... they start right up with breakfast salad... most people don't eat breakfast at an amusement center though. It's mainly lunch items with the occasional dinner."

With that in mind, the protogen sought items that sounded more like they'd be on a lunch menu. Especially if they'd sound more like a lunch menu at either a convention or an amusement park.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Colored miniature horses" ? "Friendship is magical" ?
"Horses with pictures on their rears" ?
The elephant knows exactly what this earth entertainment show the lizard is talking about, and chuckles.

Jin : That's "My Little Pony". Those miniature horses, are called 'ponies'. And... well, I don't watch any of it, but I suppose the messages still have their values, especially since it's for kids.

<the lizard nods and grins> "Po-nay"? Huh, a cute name for their species, and an interesting set of adaptations they all seem to have. Either way regardless of the intended audience, I found it most enjoyable and surprisingly intelligent.

He takes another sip of his cocoa. It's almost empty now.

Jin : Better than the whole mess of students I have back at that academy though.

<the lizard looks up excitedly and sets his juice down> "Ah, "academy"! I suspected you to be an intellectual. May I ask what you're studying, or do you teach there instead?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Trix: Sure

<the fox nods with a grin and with a slightly dramatic flair, pours you a glass from 4 different coloured bottles. As the juices mix in the glass, for a moment they form a rainbow of swirling colours before settling into an orangish-yellow colour. He hands it to you and smiles>

There you are, house fruit blend, all natural juices grown on site. Enjoy!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Hmmm.... they start right up with breakfast salad... most people don't eat breakfast at an amusement center though. It's mainly lunch items with the occasional dinner."

With that in mind, the protogen sought items that sounded more like they'd be on a lunch menu. Especially if they'd sound more like a lunch menu at either a convention or an amusement park.

<as you scroll to the "lunch" subsection on page five, you see headings noting various appetizer-style foods, sandwiches, and various wraps and even more salads. As you read on flipping through random ones, you notice that almost every entry is meticulously detailed and often containing over a dozen spices and notes during preparation as if written by a deranged perfectionist. Moving on, you see entries for nachos and various flaming cheese dips, several fruit spreads and vegetable seasoned slices...but you see a complete lack of anything deep-fried or any form of meat. However you notice that the tofu fillings in the nachos and tacos to be almost indistinguishable in the holographic representation and does look slightly appealing regardless of the various coatings.>

PC Master Race

<the lizard nods and grins> "Po-nay"? Huh, a cute name for their species, and an interesting set of adaptations they all seem to have. Either way regardless of the intended audience, I found it most enjoyable and surprisingly intelligent.

<the lizard looks up excitedly and sets his juice down> "Ah, "academy"! I suspected you to be an intellectual. May I ask what you're studying, or do you teach there instead?
He chuckles and puts his now-empty glass down on the table.

Jin : Oh, you flattered me. People usually thought of me as nothing more than a brute whose vocabulary consists of two words "hungry" and "sleepy", haha.

He chuckles a bit.

Jin : Well, I'm a teacher. I'm in charge of 3 classes, physical exercise (use melee weapons), military defense (use firearms), and survival (make use of all biological traits available). Even though this academy has a very strong emphasis on magic. And no, not the "friendship" kind of magic. More the sort of... yell your attack name as loud as possible, make super flashy big-explosive attack as much as possible, and look as badass as possible. That's what the students are all about. They like to show off how cool they can be in a fight, and... that's all.

He shakes his head.

Jin : I teach them not rely too much on magic. And, while I don't exactly teach them much about magic in and of itself, I still teach them how to use magic effectively. Keyword is "focus". I dunno 'bout you, but to me, magic is not done with your emotions, with love, with "the power of friendship". No. You gotta do it with concentration. Gotta keep your head cool to be able to do it.

Last edited:

TrixieFox

<the fox nods with a grin and with a slightly dramatic flair, pours you a glass from 4 different coloured bottles. As the juices mix in the glass, for a moment they form a rainbow of swirling colours before settling into an orangish-yellow colour. He hands it to you and smiles>

There you are, house fruit blend, all natural juices grown on site. Enjoy!
Trix: *takes a drink* Thats actually pretty good

Firuthi Dragovic

<as you scroll to the "lunch" subsection on page five, you see headings noting various appetizer-style foods, sandwiches, and various wraps and even more salads. As you read on flipping through random ones, you notice that almost every entry is meticulously detailed and often containing over a dozen spices and notes during preparation as if written by a deranged perfectionist. Moving on, you see entries for nachos and various flaming cheese dips, several fruit spreads and vegetable seasoned slices...but you see a complete lack of anything deep-fried or any form of meat. However you notice that the tofu fillings in the nachos and tacos to be almost indistinguishable in the holographic representation and does look slightly appealing regardless of the various coatings.>
The protogen scrolled through the lunch menu. Hmmm... this was going to be tricky to implement. The lack of meat wasn't a concern, that could be worked around even keeping it vegan. The issue was the sheer number of spices involved.

Usually amusement center kitchens didn't have much in the way of seasonings, last he checked.

He was going to have to ask.

"Aurora, you've had a lot of different guests here... you remember any that mentioned good spice suppliers or worlds with a lot of good spices? We tend to need to get the ingredients for the amusement center concessions from other worlds."

The protogen hesitated. He realized he needed to be specific on one point.

"And don't suggest Arrakis, it's not earthworm spice I'm interested in. None of these recipes use it and besides, the amusement center needs to stay above board."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
He chuckles and puts his now-empty glass down on the table.

Jin : Oh, you flattered me. People usually thought of me as nothing more than a brute whose vocabulary consists of two words "hungry" and "sleepy", haha.

He chuckles a bit.

Jin : Well, I'm a teacher. I'm in charge of 3 classes, physical exercise (use melee weapons), military defense (use firearms), and survival (make use of all biological traits available). Even though this academy has a very strong emphasis on magic. And no, not the "friendship" kind of magic. More the sort of... yell your attack name as loud as possible, make super flashy big-explosive attack as much as possible, and look as badass as possible. That's what the students are all about. They like to show off how cool they can be in a fight, and... that's all.

He shakes his head.

Jin : I teach them not rely too much on magic. And, while I don't exactly teach them much about magic in and of itself, I still teach them how to use magic effectively. Keyword is "focus". I dunno 'bout you, but to me, magic is not done with your emotions, with love, with "the power of friendship". No. You gotta do it with concentration. Gotta keep your head cool to be able to do it.

<the lizard's eyes widen in admiration>
Ohhh, a combat academy!! I see now, equally skilled mentally of course! And with additional mystics incorporated, facinating! Mambi is well trained in various forms of martial arts and magic as well and has tried in the last to teach me a few things but...well...<he motions to his own body and chuckles>...some of us have to accept the fact that we are not going to be combatants any time soon. Still though, I do a mean hip toss, but nothing like what he's capable of. He gave a demonstration in the gym area one time...between his agility and his portals it was quite the sight to see!

As for the magicks...even he wasn't too good at it and stopped studying it altogether suddenly over 1600 years ago I was told. Some sort of incident but he doesn't talk about it much publicly apparently. In my line of work we tend to focus on the hard sciences for sheer reliability.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The protogen scrolled through the lunch menu. Hmmm... this was going to be tricky to implement. The lack of meat wasn't a concern, that could be worked around even keeping it vegan. The issue was the sheer number of spices involved.

Usually amusement center kitchens didn't have much in the way of seasonings, last he checked.

He was going to have to ask.

"Aurora, you've had a lot of different guests here... you remember any that mentioned good spice suppliers or worlds with a lot of good spices? We tend to need to get the ingredients for the amusement center concessions from other worlds."

The protogen hesitated. He realized he needed to be specific on one point.

"And don't suggest Arrakis, it's not earthworm spice I'm interested in. None of these recipes use it and besides, the amusement center needs to stay above board."

<the holobunny's image appears and waves her paws dismissively> Planet "Arrakis", protected under protocol 27 established by Mambi during initial construction, "Top priority directive: Do not interfere with nor encourage the spice trade of Arrakis under any circumstances!". No concerns, I would not recommend any activity with that guild.

As for other sources the nature of the spice dictates the likely planetary system. If you prefer a capisian-based heat source, plants in the Venusian system often contain such spices. Likewise if you prefer a sweeter spice or one complementary with such sweets, the cane sugar forests of Apsaucia contain dozens of recorded varieties of sugary spices. For alternates in the taste range, I would have to consult the personal notes of the head chef...please hold while I cross-reference protected access files.

<a light shines on the paper chip as the console freezes temporarily>