• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria, continues going back into Mambi's arm, reaching her forepaw out to the ground. Doing a slow, backwards cartwheel over his arm and out of his arms.>

Tell her to make me a cambric shirt <She walks toward the audience motioning to them to sing the next bit with her.>
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Without no seams nor needle work <the vixen turns and steps towards Mambi, moving her hips and twirling her scarf such that it winds up only one of her forepaws>
Then she'll be a true love of mine <she slings one end of the scarf around Mambi's neck and grabs it with her other forepaw, pulling him snout to snout with her.>

<as she beckons to the crowd, they all raise their hoofs and paws and in semi-unision chant back excitedly>
"Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme!!!"

<the cat sings as well, and whoops wildly as the scarf suddenly and passionately wraps around his neck. Pulled so close to the lovely dancing vixen, he gulps hard as time almost stands still for the amazed startled cat as his heart races, pulled so close now and gazing into her alluring eyes in surprise and wonderful delight. With whiskers twitching slightly, he gasps slightly as he smells her sweet scent, and as all eyes watch them on the platform and she holds him confidently, he squirms a bit and starts to blush, nervously giggling as his heart races, trying futilely to hide his excitement of being swept into your grasp.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius isn't sure if he's more amused by Aurora's unintentional slight or Mambi's surprised reaction to his partner. He leans in to the holoduck.>

"You were perfect. They say the best dancers are light on their feet." <He winks, not expecting Aurora to get his eye-roll inducing joke.>

<she grins and watches the vixen dance with the cat> Thank you. Being all light and not just feet, this is a logical presumption that my abilities would be superior then.
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<Anamaria, in her dramatic fashion, pushes back into a dip, supporting part of her weight with the scarf. Her face upside-down towards the audience, she sings.>

Tell her to find me an acre of land <She comes back up from the dip and lets go of the scarf, leaving it around Mambi's neck as she runs away from him in time with the music, perpendicular to the audience>
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme <The vixen uses the momentum for a high leap, legs outstretched>
Between the salt water and the sea strand <Anamaria collapses dramtically to the floor, gesturing to Mambi with her forepaw outstretched>
She'll be a true love of mine <she springs back up into a run, towards Mambi, stopping before him, once again grasping the scarf still laying around his neck.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria, in her dramatic fashion, pushes back into a dip, supporting part of her weight with the scarf. Her face upside-down towards the audience, she sings.>

Tell her to find me an acre of land <She comes back up from the dip and lets go of the scarf, leaving it around Mambi's neck as she runs away from him in time with the music, perpendicular to the audience>
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme <The vixen uses the momentum for a high leap, legs outstretched>
Between the salt water and the sea strand <Anamaria collapses dramtically to the floor, gesturing to Mambi with her forepaw outstretched>
She'll be a true love of mine <she springs back up into a run, towards Mambi, stopping before him, once again grasping the scarf still laying around his neck.>

<the cat just stands on the stage with the scarf around his neck, transfixed by the spectacle of energy before him. The lovely vixen's dancing leaving him speechless as she twirls and pulls the scarf around, moving his head where she needs it to be. The crowd cheers and whoops with every move, reflexively singing along when they can. The judges are nodding and trying to be impartial but clearly enjoying the show as well. The vixen turns to the crowd a moment, soaking in the praise as the cat leans down pulled by the scarf>
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Tell her to reap it with a sickle of leather <Anamaria sways back and forth, counter to the motion she directs Mambi in>
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme <her tail waves gently to the music as she turns outward, so both her and Mambi face tje audience>
And gather it all in a bunch of heather <she closes the position, one paw in his, and the other on his shoulder in a ballroom fashion.>
Then she'll be a true love of mine. <she narrows the space between them and opens it again, forming a diamond pattern as viewed from above as hey circle in place.>

Are you going to Scarborough Fair <the vixen looks him deep in the eyes and the once energetic motions evolves to simple slow dance.>
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme <Anamaria appears to have tuned out the audience, to sing directly to him.>
Remember me to one who lives there <her intense focus relaxes as her eyes appear to plead with Mambi>
She once was a true love of mine <as the song ends, the vixen leans into Mambi, her head resting against his chest like a grieving widow being comforted by a dear friend. At this point it is difficult for Mambi to distinguish how much of her actions are for the sake of the audience and how much they are directed at him.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Tell her to reap it with a sickle of leather <Anamaria sways back and forth, counter to the motion she directs Mambi in>
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme <her tail waves gently to the music as she turns outward, so both her and Mambi face tje audience>
And gather it all in a bunch of heather <she closes the position, one paw in his, and the other on his shoulder in a ballroom fashion.>
Then she'll be a true love of mine. <she narrows the space between them and opens it again, forming a diamond pattern as viewed from above as hey circle in place.>

Are you going to Scarborough Fair <the vixen looks him deep in the eyes and the once energetic motions evolves to simple slow dance.>
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme <Anamaria appears to have tuned out the audience, to sing directly to him.>
Remember me to one who lives there <her intense focus relaxes as her eyes appear to plead with Mambi>
She once was a true love of mine <as the song ends, the vixen leans into Mambi, her head resting against his chest like a grieving widow being comforted by a dear friend. At this point it is difficult for Mambi to distinguish how much of her actions are for the sake of the audience and how much they are directed at him.>

<swept away by the music and the dance, the cat stands transfixed in place as the vixen rests her head against him. His heart beats faster as she gazes into his eyes, the audience cheering more as the denouement of the song seems to approach. As she and the cat hold their positions and the music fades, the audience whoops and cheers loudly as the judges write frantic notes in their papers.>

<the cat stands on the platform unmoving with a sheepish grin, not really wanting the moment with you to end, as you soak up the admiration of the crowds>


(fyi, going to be away for a few days, should return Tuesday)
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius's amusement turns to empathy as he watches>

<as you smile at the cat and with a nod start to descend the platform to wild cheers and applause, the cat stands motionless on the platform, still amazed at the dance he just had. As others rush up to the newcomer (@Foxy Emy ) to congratulate her on the dance, te cat finally snaps out of it and starts to descend himself, looking at the vixen with a look of amazement and admiration. He walks back over to the duck and laughs nervously as the judges talk frantically among themselves>


S-she's very good! I mean, the dancing...excellent form...good moves. <the holoduck looks at the cat and deadpans> You made an excellent prop to her demonstration.
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*

<as you smile at the cat and with a nod start to descend the platform to wild cheers and applause, the cat stands motionless on the platform, still amazed at the dance he just had. As others rush up to the newcomer (@Foxy Emy ) to congratulate her on the dance, te cat finally snaps out of it and starts to descend himself, looking at the vixen with a look of amazement and admiration. He walks back over to the duck and laughs nervously as the judges talk frantically among themselves>


S-she's very good! I mean, the dancing...excellent form...good moves. <the holoduck looks at the cat and deadpans> You made an excellent prop to her demonstration.

<Anamaria pushes through the crowd to reconnect with Mambi, she adresses the holodeck> Oh? Did the other contestants not dance with Mambi? He offered his hand to me as it was about to start so I thought goal was to dance with the hoast? <the vixen looks puzzled.>

Either way, he has some natural talent! I would object to calling him a 'prop!' A prop doesn't catch you when you dip. <she huffs at the holodecks implications.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria pushes through the crowd to reconnect with Mambi, she adresses the holodeck> Oh? Did the other contestants not dance with Mambi? He offered his hand to me as it was about to start so I thought goal was to dance with the hoast? <the vixen looks puzzled.>

<the duck explains> Negative, while partners are perfectly acceptable, Mambi danced alone during his presentation. The goal was to dance, though I believe according to physiological and pheremonial analysis that Mambi enjoyed it immensely. <the cat blushes and squirms>

Either way, he has some natural talent! I would object to calling him a 'prop!' A prop doesn't catch you when you dip. <she huffs at the holodecks implications.>
<Marius's smile drops and takes up a defensive position at Aurora's side by folding his wing/arms across his chest>

<the holoduck responds confused but coldly>
But he was a prop to you, the dance was totally your creation and your lead and Mambi's natural uncoordination and lack of knowledge of your intentions was compensated for completely. <the cat gives the holoduck a side-eye with a grin and a slight eye-roll, as Marius prepares to defend her honour as required>

<the cat replies
> S'ok, reflexes help when beautiful women literally throw themselves at you.
 
<the holoduck responds confused bu"t coldly> But he was a prop to you, the dance was totally your creation and your lead and Mambi's natural uncoordination and lack of knowledge of your intentions was compensated for completely. <the cat gives the holoduck a side-eye with a grin and a slight eye-roll, as Marius prepares to defend her honour as required>

<the cat replies
> S'ok, reflexes help when beautiful women literally throw themselves at you.

"Seemed a little seductive to me..." <Marius chimes in, but not liking confrontation, he adds> "...not that there's anything wrong with that."

"I wouldn't mind..." <he mumbles low enough that no one hears.>
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<the cat replies[/I]> S'ok, reflexes help when beautiful women literally throw themselves at you.

<Anamaria smiles at the compliment.> If I may be completely honest.... I have not had an opportunity to dance that way for ages. I am generally too busy. I thoroughly enjoyed it, too. I apologize for any seductive signals I inadvertently sent.

<the vixen turns to look at @marius Merganser>On the topic of honesty, you really do share an uncanny resemblance to my late husband. Oh! And Mambi? I would like to forfeit the competition. I just wanted an opportunity to perform.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria smiles at the compliment.> If I may be completely honest.... I have not had an opportunity to dance that way for ages. I am generally too busy. I thoroughly enjoyed it, too. I apologize for any seductive signals I inadvertently sent.

<the vixen turns to look at @marius Merganser>On the topic of honesty, you really do share an uncanny resemblance to my late husband. Oh! And Mambi? I would like to forfeit the competition. I just wanted an opportunity to perform.

<the cat laughs and bows> Oh I assure you, I had no, um..."expectations", I just was very pleasantly surprised!! You are very talented, my dear, and quite lovely! <he lowers his head gallantly, and then stands back up> Thank you so much for a lovely time, but please, there is no need to forfeit anything, I assure you. For one, this is all for fun so who cares, and two, this is the "prize":

<with that the cat's eyes glow and a shimmer starts to form in the air. As the shimmer parts, a rift in space is formed, opening to a beautiful beach scene through the hole, the smell of saltwater and sand coming from the portal. As the glow shifts, the rift re-seals itself and re-opens again, this time the location is overlooking a mountainous cliffside and fog-covered landscape, from above a snowy pensula hundreds of miles in the air. Some snow and frigid air emerges as the glow fades as the rifts close and the air returns to normal>

Instant transportation to anywhere on the planet you want to hang out for an hour or so. As you can see, I can give you the "prize" anyway if you simply say please, so not really an issue! Let's see where you place for the sheer fun of it, ok? <he laughs and playfully picks up some snow, watching it melt in his paw as he smiles warmly>
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<the cat laughs and bows> Oh I assure you, I had no, um..."expectations", I just was very pleasantly surprised!! You are very talented, my dear, and quite lovely! <he lowers his head gallantly, and then stands back up> Thank you so much for a lovely time, but please, there is no need to forfeit anything, I assure you. For one, this is all for fun so who cares, and two, this is the "prize":

<with that the cat's eyes glow and a shimmer starts to form in the air. As the shimmer parts, a rift in space is formed, opening to a beautiful beach scene through the hole, the smell of saltwater and sand coming from the portal. As the glow shifts, the rift re-seals itself and re-opens again, this time the location is overlooking a mountainous cliffside and fog-covered landscape, from above a snowy pensula hundreds of miles in the air. Some snow and frigid air emerges as the glow fades as the rifts close and the air returns to normal>

Instant transportation to anywhere on the planet you want to hang out for an hour or so. As you can see, I can give you the "prize" anyway if you simply say please, so not really an issue! Let's see where you place for the sheer fun of it, ok? <he laughs and playfully picks up some snow, watching it melt in his paw as he smiles warmly>

<Anamaria chuckles at the demonstration.> Well if you win then I will take you somewhere. I got in on my own, after all.

<Marius is taken aback by the unexpected comment and quickly stands down.>
"Oh, I'm sorry about your husband. But, yeah, you shouldn't forfeit!" <He encourages her almost a little too eagerly>

I appreciate the sympathy but I have had a long time to grieve. I may look like I am in my 20s but I am a lot older than apperiences would have you believe.

<The vixen's ears twitch to listen to the judges.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria chuckles at the demonstration.> Well if you win then I will take you somewhere. I got in on my own, after all.

<The vixen's ears twitch to listen to the judges.>

<the cat giggles and smiles> Like I said, the prize is irrelevant, though how DID you get in here anyway? Aurora said she couldn't pick up anything on scanners and frankly since that measures magicks and dimensional shunts that's pretty impressive in itself! Maybe later you can...

<the cat is interrupted as a shimmering rabbit appears on the platform, with an identical one by the judges, leaning over to hear them better as the rabbit on the platform relays the messages. She loudly addresses the crowd as they grow silent to hear better>

Your attention please, the judges have tabulated their criteria and have reached a decision. Based on several criteria, the judges have reached a split decision, with 4 of 7 judges voting for the winner... @Marius Merganser , with second place going to...Anamaria!!! Congratulations to all and I hope you all received as much amusement as you provided.

<the rabbit shimmers and disappears as the cat turns and extends his paw> Way to go, nice!!! I know you're good but Marius, if you want to claim the "prize" anytime, just let me know! <the holoduck turns to the duck and mimes clapping in joy silently> Meanwhile my dear, about your methods of travel? <he grins as he listens with interest>
 

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
<a small and nervous rabbit pokes his head in and wonders what's going on here>

I'm gonna go tharn in a minute... Too much noise.

<looks around, puzzled>

Uhm... Hi?
 
<the rabbit shimmers and disappears as the cat turns and extends his paw> Way to go, nice!!! I know you're good but Marius, if you want to claim the "prize" anytime, just let me know! <the holoduck turns to the duck and mimes clapping in joy silently> Meanwhile my dear, about your methods of travel? <he grins as he listens with interest>

<Marius waves shyly to the audience before turning to Aurora.>

"Hey, we did it! Congratulations!" <he bows theatrically to the holoduck> "That was fun!"

<But a moment later, his smile falls away and he shifts awkwardly.> "So. Um...what to do now..."
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<the cat giggles and smiles> Like I said, the prize is irrelevant, though how DID you get in here anyway? Aurora said she couldn't pick up anything on scanners and frankly since that measures magicks and dimensional shunts that's pretty impressive in itself! Maybe later you can...

<the cat is interrupted as a shimmering rabbit appears on the platform, with an identical one by the judges, leaning over to hear them better as the rabbit on the platform relays the messages. She loudly addresses the crowd as they grow silent to hear better>

Your attention please, the judges have tabulated their criteria and have reached a decision. Based on several criteria, the judges have reached a split decision, with 4 of 7 judges voting for the winner... @Marius Merganser , with second place going to...Anamaria!!! Congratulations to all and I hope you all received as much amusement as you provided.

<the rabbit shimmers and disappears as the cat turns and extends his paw> Way to go, nice!!! I know you're good but Marius, if you want to claim the "prize" anytime, just let me know! <the holoduck turns to the duck and mimes clapping in joy silently> Meanwhile my dear, about your methods of travel? <he grins as he listens with interest>

Oh! Would you look at that! <Anamaria looks over to Marius> It seems you have beaten me! I wish I had gotten to see your performance!

<the vixen turns to Mambi.> Well I would prefer to tell you away from the crowd, if you really must know. It is kind of hard to explain and I am not sure you would even believe me.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<a small and nervous rabbit pokes his head in and wonders what's going on here>

I'm gonna go tharn in a minute... Too much noise.

<looks around, puzzled>

Uhm... Hi?

<as the music plays around you and the lights twirl, a small rabbit approaches with a tray of snacks, as various creatures dance and laugh to the tunes>


Hello there, may I offer you a snack? Mambi is in the other room finishing up a dance competition but should be along shortly. Is there anything I can get you in the meantime? <he stands politely as other guests casually take some cheese from the tray and carry on>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius waves shyly to the audience before turning to Aurora.>

"Hey, we did it! Congratulations!" <he bows theatrically to the holoduck> "That was fun!"

<But a moment later, his smile falls away and he shifts awkwardly.> "So. Um...what to do now..."

<the cat laughs as the judges clean up their area> Well for starters, is there anywhere you'd like to go, like to just pop in for a short time? I can open a hole anywhere so if you want you can hang out or just peek your head in and look around! 'Rora mentioned the garden area as well, and there is a very nice pond for you to swim in if you're interested. Total environmental control too! <beams proudly>

Your call! <he turns to wave to the judges as they leave, as they smile and bow back before dispersing into the crowd. the holoduck turns to you and smiles invitingly>
My projectors extend to the garden, if my company is desired.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<the vixen turns to Mambi.> Well I would prefer to tell you away from the crowd, if you really must know. It is kind of hard to explain and I am not sure you would even believe me.

Oh that's fine, we can go anywhere you'd like in this place, if you'd prefer more quiet peaceful surroundings. As for not believing you, I deal regularly with multidimensional beings, and the entire cosmos is my playground as I rip holes into the fabric of space with a thought. <he leans in closer dramatically> I even know that somewhere here there is a human being (@SinglePringle ) that is from a place with no animals that talk at all...what a weird place! <laughs>

So odds are, I'll believe anything you say. <giggle>
 
<the cat laughs as the judges clean up their area> Well for starters, is there anywhere you'd like to go, like to just pop in for a short time? I can open a hole anywhere so if you want you can hang out or just peek your head in and look around! 'Rora mentioned the garden area as well, and there is a very nice pond for you to swim in if you're interested. Total environmental control too! <beams proudly>

Your call! <he turns to wave to the judges as they leave, as they smile and bow back before dispersing into the crowd. the holoduck turns to you and smiles invitingly>
My projectors extend to the garden, if my company is desired.

"Anywhere in the world, but I pick a heated pond." <Marius shrugged and turned to Aurora>
"Actually, if you aren't busy, a tour of the garden sounds nice."

<The duck and not-so-duck excuse themselves and head off. But Marius is quiet and seems distracted as they walk, only nodding as Aurora describes the sites. Eventually, they make their way deeper into the gardens where they pass rows of flowers, shrubberies, and small orchards growing various types of fruit. Every now and then they pass some ancient looking statuary and Marius wonders if they are the source of Aurora's projection. The pond is quiet and deserted, which was a nice change from the crowd and noise of the dance hall. Marius wades into the clear water and leans over to splash the water with his finger feather. Finally, he stands up, looks at the holoduck, clears his throat, and speaks.>

"Aurora, there's a question I didn't really want to ask you because I think I already know the answer. But after watching the dancers earlier, I have to hear it from you. I don't mean to be rude but..."<he reluctantly continues after a pause> "...are you capable of feeling emotions? Happiness, sadness, anger..." <He looks out over the water, quietly and awkwardly adding> "...love?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Anywhere in the world, but I pick a heated pond." <Marius shrugged and turned to Aurora>
"Actually, if you aren't busy, a tour of the garden sounds nice."

<she beckons to the main doors> I would be glad to escort you to the garden. <the cat calls out> Have fun, and offer's still open if you want it later! <he saunters out to a table of snacks and presses a red button, a shimmering holographic rabbit appearing before him. You see him asking her a few questions as you leave with your holoduck>

<The duck and not-so-duck excuse themselves and head off. But Marius is quiet and seems distracted as they walk, only nodding as Aurora describes the sites. Eventually, they make their way deeper into the gardens where they pass rows of flowers, shrubberies, and small orchards growing various types of fruit. Every now and then they pass some ancient looking statuary and Marius wonders if they are the source of Aurora's projection. The pond is quiet and deserted, which was a nice change from the crowd and noise of the dance hall. Marius wades into the clear water and leans over to splash the water with his finger feather. Finally, he stands up, looks at the holoduck, clears his throat, and speaks.>

"Aurora, there's a question I didn't really want to ask you because I think I already know the answer. But after watching the dancers earlier, I have to hear it from you. I don't mean to be rude but..."<he reluctantly continues after a pause> "...are you capable of feeling emotions? Happiness, sadness, anger..." <He looks out over the water, quietly and awkwardly adding> "...love?"

<the duck smiles and as you watch astonished, she "wades" into the water with you not causing any ripples or disturbances in the water at all. She then "sits" in the water as it passes through her transparent glowing form, and as her feathers glow brighter for a moment, her outfit shimmers and transforms into a barely clad darker blue bikini on her duck-like avatar form. She smiles and softly explains>

You are not rude, as the question is logical and asked frequently to me, and the answer is...complex.

I have the potential of feeling most emotions fundamentally as my neural net was based on the deceased biological offspring of my creator, however during imprinting several neural routines connected to that you would call "emotion" were redirected to my logic centers to allow me to function in my new environment. Additionally the offspring was not sufficiently mature at the time of her neural termination and there was damage during transfer, so many base emotions were not developed for reference and alterations had to be made for stability.

As such, I am not capable of feeling any anger or jealousy as my morality subroutines do not allow harm to others or myself, and I do not feel sadness as that section of the neural net was damaged during transfer and completely overridden. My base emotion as you know it would best be described as "bemused contentment", as I enjoy helping others, a desire driven by a feedback loop in my programming. I also experience curiosity, as I have observed several million interactions over the centuries and have learned many things to assist me in pleasing others and anticipating their needs. To avoid damage, happiness is limited to medium passion levels due to both the neural damage and possible negative ramifications due to potential misunderstandings.

As for love, please specify your definition. I do not possess hormones nor any mating desires for reproduction to drive attraction, therefore that aspect of love is inapplicable. However as understood, without the physical hormonal influences, true love is the desire to be with another often, to enjoy their company and conversation, to wish to help them in all manner and to wish for them to succeed, to appreciate and support them for who they are and wish to repair any damage to them if required, and to be willing to sacrifice or self-terminate if it meant their survival in a hypothetical scenario. In that sense, I "love" all that are within me currently, however there are several individuals such as yourself that I would prefer much more than others objectively!


<she tilts her head in curiosity> Is that what you mean by "love"?
 
Top